So Sup Forums, which Otto should be the standard Doctor Octopus; classic fat scientist, or Peter clone?

So Sup Forums, which Otto should be the standard Doctor Octopus; classic fat scientist, or Peter clone?

left looks far cooler, but right is more original

nostalgiafag in me says classic. who thought it was a good idea to have hannibal lecter doc ock?

If I had those things I would install fleshlights into them and fuck them.

Classic Husky Ock.

Is this a Hellraiser reference?

Okay what if clone Peter/Otto just gains a few extra pounds, and wears a lab coat? I'd hate to ditch the original, but damn that's a good costume

Why not instead combine them both?

Peter clone with Doc's mind, but the suit being a new version of his old design + with a helmet with sunglasses + bitchin labcoat.

Nostalgia definitely plays a factor. His design in Spiderman TAS, was all over the place
Yellow and Green unless being a Packers fan was part of his origin doesn't work well
The bowl cut. . . Just sad

>tfw Slott stole his OC from an action figure i used to have

Classic. Superior looks cool, but is just a result of Slott refusing to move on.

Pretty sure it is based on Peter in the Funeral for the Octopus mini. Also, Peter with Otto arms is the most obvious concept ever.

Then you have that weird shit in USM. And while I liked SSM's Otto, that was more from the performance than the actual look. Otto was already a reflection of Peter in a way, but the clone may be a tad too on the nose. The Superior costume does look like an improvement, should it remain a natural progression? I also have the headcanon that Otto now has "Ink shooters" on his wrists

Why not both? What I mean by this is, why not see it as an arc?

People bitch a lot about things remaining the same, so I do find it a bit nice to see Ock go from original fatman, to cancerous mobile life-support, to literally Spider-Man (as much as I raged while it was going on) and now returning to the tentacles. It gives a feel that time has passed, in my opinion. God knows I don't get that feeling from Peter anymore.

Though adding a labcoat or a coat like in Spider-Man 2 might be quite nice.

SSM design is clearly trying to combine green jumpsuit with trench coat from the movie. But it just doesn't work. Also, I still don't get why they didn't give his usual sunglasses instead of...whatever he has in the cartoon.

The Alfred Molina version for me.

Fat scientist. The left looks like something out of Ben 10.

Furthermore Doc Ock should wear some type of coat
Having his tentacles be able to hide under some type of clothing can create great suspense
Having them out in the open just make him more predictable to Spider-Man anyways

DOCTOR OCTAGONAPUS

The problem is that neither really look like an Octopus, though the clone just makes you think they are long spider legs.

Why doesn't Spider-man just punch Doc Ock in the head?
Why doesn't he just punch him with enough force to knock him out and not vaporize his head?

Spider-Man's costume doesn't even look like a spider. What I like about Otto's version is that his eyes are similar to his classic goggles, and the logo is pretty nice.
Peter canonically pulls his punches

Behold the most Octopus like Doctor Octopus. Disk Wars Doc Ock.

I love Spider Ock because he can say stuff like “My Octo-Sense is tingling” and that’s just pure gold man

Hey, that's pretty good

>the Spectacular virgin vs the Ultimate chad

Don't mind me, I just love the red lights.

I always thought Doc Oc shouldn't wear any costume at all. Just casual clothes and a lab coat.

More of my early 00s nostalgia, but I always loved this costume.

That's not Ultimate, is it? Because I recall USM Otto being a fatass in a spacesuit

Shit, didn't mean to reply

In the final season he used nanites that transformed him into the "ultimate" Doc

What is his routine? This looks like the body of someone at a strongman contest

I used to think kingping is doctor octopus because of this

Didn't turned into a ugly piece of shit for a while

What do you guys think of his design in Marvel's Spider-Man?

If you are going to turn everyone into a Spiderman recolor then it will look like fucking power rangers

>Forgetting about the Amazing Octo-Spidey

For shame. The Clone Saga was packed with good ideas such as this.

okay, I like the idea that ock was the same age as peter.

This. Miami druglord Ock > all others

Left is too derivative of spider costumes
Right hasn't aged well. I'd say right with a different costume.

I hated Superior Spider-Man, but using it as a clone body an Superior Octopus, THAT I can accept it.

However, being an hybrid between Spider-Man AND Doctor Octopus, how about if the looks is "transfered" to Ollie Osnick, the Steel Spider? After all, he started being a fan of Ock and then changed to Spidey, inventing his own tentacles and spider legs. So, "Superior Octopus" could be used by Steel Spider.

That would leave Octopus in his classic fat self.

doc ock overhaul when?

>get rid of the fucking claw machine tentacles.
>replaces them with blades. simple. deadly. efficient.

they cant be THAT good at grabbing stuff, i mean come on. ock's trying to kill spider-man not jerk him off mech style. its easier to climb stuff when you just stab into it with adamantiu tipped tentacles. tell me it wouldnt be badass?

>can we stop cloning peter parker?
>tfw just another parker clone

seriously? are there no other heroes that might be better fit to be cloned?

why not place ocks brain in a real metal octopus that not only sticks to sewers for navigation but has razor sharp suckers so when they wrap around Spidey. HE ACTUALLY GETS HURT.

>keeps the new suit with minor changes like circle lenses to differ from spidey
>adds trenchcoat similarly designed with octopus theme not just bland one color
>ink sooters come on, that would be sick. maybe make the tentacles shoot acid ink?

i like this too. makes him competent.overall just needs some tweaks. i hate how hes octopus based but has nothing to dow ith octopus's doesnt even keep a pet octopus for legitimateness. either lose the animal schtick or go all the way amirite?

that's dumb

>body armor reflects light
>tentacles don't
it's like they don't even try

I like this one. He still looks nerdish, but he's trying to look like he's of higher status.

>If you are going to turn everyone into a Spiderman recolor then it will look like fucking power rangers

You're point?

BUTTERFINGERS~

Different material. The tentacles seem to have a more flexible covering

They should give him organic tentacles.

Is this movie synergy?

no

Yeah but it was cool

Fat scientist, not even a contest. It's a unique design, showing a flawed yet cool villain. Clone Ock looks like a generic Donut Steel villain.

Right: Before /fit/
Left: After /fit/

Best Classic version of Doc Ock

Great design but I don't know how I feel about Doc Ock being evil Spiderman when Venom already exists

Best unique Doc Ock design

this

I want to see mutant Doctor Ock.

How many villains does that really apply to outside the symbiotes?

>Replacing the claws with blades
What are you, 15? He's a scientist, and they were built for SCIENCE

Otto was already an "evil Spider-Man" though. He represents what Peter would have become if he had remained a antisocial prick like his early comics, and misused his great intellect

That's true I guess. But that's more of a psychological aspect, whereas Venom was always visually themed as a kind of "evil spider man". Otto had the 8 legs thing like a spider but a different overall appearance.

Yeah, I didn't see the issue with it. He still keeps the arrogance and paranoia of the original, and is still even a doctor. It reminds me a bit of The Batman's Poison Ivy.

Also, it was a different choice to have him not driven insane by the incident that gave him his tentacles. He basically becomes a villain because said arrogance and paranoia grew worse after gaining a taste for power. Though they fucked up the execution of that in the final two episodes of this four-parter.

The best version we will ever have

There are too damn many spiders, they don't need to turn random villains into more spiders.

Plus spider powers sort of makes the tentacles pointless. And in the way most of the time.

I l;ike him as Spider-Man's mad scientist villain that also has a way to defend himself when his main plan falls apart.

As a purely physical threat that just brawls with Spider-Man he is not that great. Other guys like Rhino, Carnage, Lizard, etc are better for that kind of thing.

This
Keep him in his niche. At this point he's basically Better Scorpion

This definitely is.

It was cool though. I really liked Ultimate Spider-Man earlier on.

I actually liked classic Venom as the Professor Zoom same powers villain. Then they had to turn symbiotes into their own thing so Venom ended up having his own evil opposites.

Scorpion just never really sold it for me, Tarantula was always boring, Doppleganger was just dumb, Clones were not very original, now Clone with tentacles.