So...I've tried for 3 episodes. I went in with an open mind, hoping for a good new series

so...I've tried for 3 episodes. I went in with an open mind, hoping for a good new series.

But good lord, it's just dull. It's a worse telling of luke cage, with less interesting characters, a worse villain, and worse IRL drama.

Anyone else here planning to drop it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eZFKEvxwSPQ?t=20s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>less interesting characters than luke cage

well that's not possible

Well, don't let the door hit your ass on your way out then.

All comic shows are shit. Most don't want to admit that because of the occasional comic reference they're given

I think legion is good but again there is nothing to do with the comics besides the name.

It's CW. I'm not sure why you thought it wasn't going be garbage.

That's only true of non-Netflix show. With Netflix shows people just pretend that they're amazingly complex and have good characters simply because the only competition is CW trash.

The only good Netflix show has been Daredevil, but even that had a weak second half of season 2.

the first half of luke cage was fucking fantastic.

CW is super hit and miss.

All of CW sucks. Flash and early Arrow are insanely overrated, and we're completely poisoned by dull subplots and shitty drama.

>It's a worse telling of luke cage, with less interesting characters, a worse villain, and worse IRL drama.
so it's a DC show

Luke Cage is mediocre at best and completelly overrated

Is little better than shitty shows like Punisher and Iron Fist

>they had Hellcat, a pretty versatile character all things considered
>instead they made a show about Bendis' shitty OC fighting an autistic rapey manchild and had Patsy as a boring side-character
I'm still mad.

I actually like the villain.
Everyone is taking everything so seriously it's like they think they're in The Wire, and then you have this moustache-twirling evil motherfucker who feeds his henchmen to piranhas and pretty much calls people niggers. Without him the show would be even duller.

the oldest daughter is so sexy

So here's what I don't get from this show.
Do his kids not know he has powers? In the flashbacks they seem old enough to be questioning why daddy is coming home bleeding every night.

Also, i know this is a super common superhero trope but it kills me that neither his kids nor his fucking next door neighbor recognize him just cause he's got a half mask over his eyes.

What they did to Nuke still enrages me.

This
Tobias Whale is top tier evil cause he's evil villain
>I hate these church going Negros
I died

They could've at least kept him for Punisher if not for DD, at least he wouldn't be such a bitch there.

They don't know, no.

We see Anissa question it in one of the flashbacks but we don't see what they told her but they probably explained it away as him having an accident of something like that.

Jennifer says in episode 2 that looking at him is like looking at a strobelight so it's hard to get a look at his face, that's how they don't recognize him.

>Jennifer says in episode 2 that looking at him is like looking at a strobelight so it's hard to get a look at his face, that's how they don't recognize him.
I had missed that and it satisfy my complaint, thanks user.

Yeah, it's easy to miss things like that.

If you want to check it out, it's in this scene:
youtu.be/eZFKEvxwSPQ?t=20s

His development was all over the fucking place. Him killing the detective was BEFORE them showing his slow descent. It was random as fuck.

At least the main character is way more likable, than Mother Complex Lad and Bow Batman
Not that it's a huge accomplishment

Cottonmouth was the only good part of Luke Cage

>Thinks it's like Luke Cage
>Thinks Luke Cage is interesting

You won't be missed.

I think the funniest part about it is that, FCC aside, he's technically allowed to just flat out say niggers since he's black.

I hope that suit gets destroyed at the end of the season or something, they literally have the actual costume so I can't fathom why they aren't using it.

Otherwise I like pretty much everything about the show.

>having this shit taste
This is one of the only good cape shows

Not all black people say nigger. In fact it seems perfectly in line with Whale's character to not say it. He's staunchly anti-hood and wants to seem like a white person

You dont find shades, Night Nurse, his half-brother, that fucking kid who just needed a job interesting?

Yeah, you probably LOVE the CW melodrama, dont you, haha

yeah, im just pretending. durrr, you got me.

I'm not saying that he should, just that given our societal norms he could and no one would cry bloody murder.

>You dont find shades, Night Nurse, his half-brother, that fucking kid who just needed a job interesting?
Do you?

i'm guessing that's something cw just doesn't want on their network