Does it bother you that animation will never be recognized as anything substantial?

Does it bother you that animation will never be recognized as anything substantial?
Do you even care about any of that?

No that's how it should be cartoons are for kids and every single person on this board is sick in the head

>t. average american

That is all disneys fault, and now that people are starting to hate disney for obvious reasons they might not be listeing to that ideal anynore, especially with netflix actively breaking boundaries, for better or for worse.

Yes, but everything bothers me so I assumed it was just brain problems.

>recognized as anything substantial
I don't know what that means. Are you saying animation isn't recognized? Do you mean it isn't serious enough? Please just explain what you mean.

Don't really give a crap if it's considered "substantial" I enjoy animation in all its forms, if the mainstream or whatever the fuck doesn't want to take it seriously no skin of my nose.

You mean do I care that what I like doesn't get the same level of enthusiasm from other people? Nah, I like it and that's enough.

this guy gets it.

I prefer fine art myself and wish literature would reign supreme.

>Does it bother you that animation will never be recognized as anything substantial?
Nope fuck everything everything is meaningless no matter how big of recognition it gets

>Does it bother you that animation will never be recognized as anything substantial?

In all honesty no movie should be regarded as 'socially substantial' to the level of say an advancement of science or great feat of engineering, we should never look to fictional worlds to inform us of how we should view our own lives and we certainly should never regard them as the ultimate ideal. If you are asking if it bothers me that animated films very rarely offer anything substantial to think on afterwards for fun, a little, yet at the same time if you wish for something like that there's no stopping you from wondering about the further implications of the Circle of Life.

I wish it pushed more boundaries as far as what could be created, but only because it would be fun to see what craziness could be created, not because I want it to be regarded as 'high art'.

Yes

No

Her ass is better than the painting!

It's because animation is being used in a way that betrays its nature. It's being used as a medium of storytelling, when at its core, it's a medium of motion.

I am more pissed off how uncommon it is for series to get home video box sets unlike anime.

Why the fuck is it so hard to get cartoons on DVD and in good quality like anime?

I fucking hate being asked if I've seen game of thrones
Yet I can't expect them to have seen Clarence

Sometimes, yes - only because I don't watch anime like everyone else fucking does.

Most of the time, no - because anons like you are making a big deal outta nothin'.

NOW GET OUTTA HERE.

It bothers me that the people who host the Oscars haven't been skinned alive and dumped into a pile of horny cats with their penis barbs enhanced by hormones.

No, because animation is trash, especially TV animation.

Well Clarence sucks and has no adult appeal

But animation is already considered substantial.
By me.

Animation has been betrayed since its initial conception, then?

For most artists, craziness and 'high art' basically are one and the same.

>western animation has to go up to anime's level
>no one mentions how good japanese tv is outside of toku.

>we should never look to fictional worlds to inform us of how we should view our own lives
So, Belloc, Chesterton, Tolkien, Lewis, Shakespeare, Dickens, Shaw, Stevenson, Stoker, Dante, Homer, etc. are just cheap entertainment?

I bet that sounded really deep in your head user.

This is fact. Those that disagree are just deflecting because they don't want to admit how immature they are. Notice how the other replies to this are what you'd expect from a child who lacks the basic mental capacity to form a functioning argument against it.

Cartoons can be said for kids but we were all kids once and I'll be damn if my kid is watching something that fucking sucks. The only thing they are watching is what I watched because some of that shit took fucking effort and inspiration!

Also adult shit fucking sucks I don't give a fuck about sports, cars, and drama I just want to watch something that makes me forget I work 10 hours and I have to sleep the next 5 hours of that same day away if not less or I go fucking mad!

It only bothers me so much as it causes weebs to exist because they have to go to anime to get anything beyond comedy or action out of a cartoon.
And even then most jap shit does action better.
Would be nice if people didn't have to watch jap shit for a wider variety of genres in animation.
There'd be less fucking weebs.

it is substantial, but only in certain countries

it does bother me that the U.S. is full of fucking stupids who don't realize how dumbed down things are getting (as in, it's getting worse all the time)

>immature

check out the shitbag who doesn't understand art. (see? i can make ad hominems too)

Confirmed: ONE HOPELESS PARENT.

SU sucks even worse by those standards, then. Same with Star Vs.; it's all nothing but weeb trash.

Yes, just like painting was, being used as a medium of representation when it was a medium of abstraction, until it was finally liberated in the last century.

But unlike paintings of prue abstraction the animations of prue motion was there from the beginning.

Art is as much about what you leave out as it is about what you add in.

Proper animation as art should have no story at all, it should all be exploration of the medium of moving pictures.

No I don't

Then again I don't care about 'real' life either

C'mon dude, everyone on goddamned earth knows who mickey mouse and bugs bunny are, animation's recognized as substantial as anything else, not everyone has to devote their life to it for it to be important

I don't want animation to be mainstream because normies ruin everything. This happened to cartoons with libshits, and now there's absolutely nothing to watch anymore.

There's also repeated assaults against anime by the same people.

My man.

Television aimed at mature adults is so boring. And the fun shows get a little predictable and WOW I GET IT THEYRE FUCKIN WACKY.

CARTOOBNS specifically inspire me because in order for one to exist, at some point NOTHING was there. Like with television all of those setpieces and actors are around. It's not like it doesn't take talent to direct and perform and edit, because trust me I've done it, but to have to do all of that and also draw by hand the universe, that's amazing.