Age of Apolypse. X-Universe. Storytime. Human rebels against mutants. Hero Doom

I am a Mikhail Rasputin fan since this story (he is the brother of Colossus and Magik)
The shitty 616 main version is self exiled in another dimension, not dead, and could reappear in the comics if some writer wanted

I also like Empath a lot, and think it's a shame how he didnt interact with Emma at all in the 2000s when Emma got such a large push after Morrison

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Age-of-Apocalypse-2005
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Age-of-Apocalypse-2012
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

nice. bump

I just realized now that if they go and revisit AoA they'll try to turn AoA Gwen into Spider-Gwen.

being a fan of AoA is a pain. Muh boy Abyss is a good kid in 616 but was depowered by the Scarlet Witch.

As much as I like AOA, every time they revisit it gets worse. Akira "C. B. Beluski" Yoshida made mutants turn into human lapdogs because muh reparations, it was dumb.

Lapham AoA was dogshit, and 2005 one was also very bad

And between Remender and Lapham AoA we had pretty much an Ultimatum of the AoA universe with most of the cool characters getting killed

I think the AoA son of Rogue and Magneto would be a much bigger commercial draw than all the AU characters of XMen Blue.

The only time I remembered liking them revisiting it was the What If issue with Galactus in it.

>Lapham AoA

Man X-Universe was my favourite part of AoA, I really wish we got more than 2 issues as well as maybe more mutates than just Banner
Weirdly enough this is a great Donald Blake story too

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Age-of-Apocalypse-2005
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Age-of-Apocalypse-2012

Also X-force went to the AoA earth and fought MvC memes

I think this one, Generation Next, and the one about Scott and Havok (the one with the Bedlam brothers) were the best ones

>As much as I like AOA, every time they revisit it gets worse.

That's why I brought it up, cause it would be the most likely thing for them to do (given Spider-Gwen's popularity outside of comics). I know there were people who complain about 90's comics and 90's X-Men and all that, but after reading AoA and its decade-later spinoffs, there was something about the original that is completely missing in all the follow-ups.

I never understood how Blake with human strength and a wooden cane stabbed a Horseman with metal skin.
I can only see it as Odin allowing him to be as strong as Thor for a second before dying.

bump

the end
the big problem of the Lapham run iirc was getting the worst 616 human villains like Donald Pierce, Bolivar, Rev Stryker, Grayson Creed, and turning them into mary sue action heroes who can beat Alpha level mutants.

As this book shows, there was no need for that. In the original AoA humans werent the losers, they were tied in a cold war, controlled Europe and Asia, and could threaten Apocalypse with nuclear destruction even if 1 vs 1 a mutant is much more powerful than a human.
Also, Pierce was an evil Cyborg in the original AoA, and Lapham retconned him as a hero.

Thanks for the storytime.

bump

Epilogue
From Hulk: Broken Worlds #2

woops, forgot I was doing this

The End?

If they are keeping Evan-Genesis as a good guy, I wouldnt mind having Mikhail as the New Apocalypse.

The 616 one is still alive, and he would be stronger with the celestial armor and death seed of Apocalypse.

thanks op

Age of Apocalypse was the shit. My cousin and I exchanged those comics,he ended up stealing my shit, but I forgive him he's a bro.

bump

Yeah he was happier to have them than you were, so the total amount of happiness in the world increased.

What the fuck is Gwen doing living in Wakanda?

it's a fucking alternate universe where professor x was killed by his son legion and apocalypse takes over.

Yeah, but it was identical up to that point.

a point which happened a decade and a half ago before the fantastic 4 became the fantastic 4.
plenty of time for her life to change a lot, taking into acount the rise of Apocalypse to power

Legion time traveled to kill Magneto when he was a friend of Charles, and killed his father instead (Charles died protecting Magneto)