Dear Sup Forumsmrads

Dear Sup Forumsmrads,
My cousin (14,f) is really getting into comics. What would cape-shit do you recoment?
I have a feeling she likes DC more.
Should I try to get her into older stuff? I was thinking "Hard traveling Heros" because she likes Hal Jordan.

>>>/global/rules/16

Don't get her Hal Jordan.

The same rules that apply to everyone:

Person likes X, get them comics about X.

People like lots of different kinds of X, and there's comics about all kinds of stuff. There's probably even cape-X, if you look hard enough.

This rule also applies whenever someone is getting into books/tv/videogames/films/music/insert-media-here.

Does she like him for the sci-fi aspect? If so get her Johns' GL. Hard Travelling Heroes era is good and one of the most influential comics ever but it is very street level. Wolfman's run is really good too and underrated and laid the groundwork for more cosmic stuff to happen in the mid 80s.

she was after him hard

Oh don't be a shit rec threads are a longstanding tradition on Sup Forums. It's kept us from making some godawful, outdated sticky that shames the board like all those other hellholes.

(that being said I'm pretty sure OP is baiting due to that whole "hal Jordan banged a minor" thing but I dunno what kind of message he wants to say to this cousin of his)

Not bating mate, but do tell more about that time he banged a minor (thats for me, not gonna give my cousin lewd shit)
What should I get her then? I don't think she really knows yet why she likes Hal, popably just likes the design/concept.

George Perez Wonder Woman.

Well, she's the demo for Ms. Marvel.

Ok wiseguy, then lets make this a "Comics for teenage girls general" threat. Better?

So Hal meets a fellow green lantern names Arisa Rrab. Basically she's 13-ish when they are introduced and she starts throwing out advances, which he tries to turn down. She uses the ring to age herself to 17, but the legitimacy of this has always been...murky to some fans. Johns later retconned it so she was like 240 by earth standards when they hooked up, but then that just gets into the problem interplanetary solar cycles as a means of measurement and the maturation rates of alien species.

tl;dr: Just ignore anything with Arisia, it gets pretty complicated.

Shade the Changing Girl.

It's modern, of a high quality, should be relatable, and has cool art

That sounds both creey and dumb

kamala ms.marvel, aquaman new 52, Superman secret identy, koma and morrison doom patrol

See if she likes 90s Young Justice or Superboy. Maybe the reboot Legion of Super-Heroes.

>trash, trash, trash, trash, and hipster trash
Bad post.

really try better in baits user
it's really
>buseik
>trash

dc identity crisis

AVOID BIG 2

GO FOR CREATOR OWNED STUFF

Hellboy is a good start, EVERYBODY LOVES HELLBOY

If you insist on going for big 2, choose Sandman, she is in the right age for it.

Nah, ya gotta ease em off capeshit into the proper indies.

Astro City is clearly what OP needs.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, nigger

How much does/did she like mystery stuff? If so Gotham Academy would be a good choice. It was activley aimed towards that demographic, connected enough to capes to catch the interest yet different enough to feel fresh. And on top of that the first two volumes are very good, it falls of quality wise after that though.

I think shes still pretty pleb in her taste. I think it would be better to ease her into indy-stuff.
I mean I love Hellboy, but it's pretty weird for a newcomer.
And wouldn't "Coraline" be a better starting point for Gaiman?