Why has Scooby-Doo been running almost nonstop for fifty years when everything else from the 60s has long since died...

Why has Scooby-Doo been running almost nonstop for fifty years when everything else from the 60s has long since died except Star Trek?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA
youtube.com/watch?v=k_plih5b9To
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

James Bond has been running nonstop during that same time. Probably could think of a few others.

The big comicbook characters from the 60s for example

Star Trek and Scooby Doo are both great, obviously.

>Velma as security and Daphne/Shaggy as science
What is this.

Velma could technically be an engineer and not security. But yeah, the artist did make some bad color choices there.

>everything else from the 60s has long since died except Star Trek?

>posting this
>On a comic board

DESU I couldn't ever stand the series much - its so dry and dull. There is some funny memes out there, some from the movies (which can be hit or miss). Honestly there isn't enough depth or intrigue. I think they just became so iconic and sold so many toys or something..

It's sad because it could be a very interesting plot-line akin to Gravity Falls if in the right hands. Otherwise it's just cookie-cutter milquetoast.

>1988-1991
this fucking monstrosity WHY did I have to grow up with this shit on the air

>2006-2008
there was a Daria style scooby-doo? what the fuck was I doing when I missed this?

Did you watch Mystery Incorporated?

Where the fuck is 13 Ghosts.

velma has "carry the gang away from danger at a full run" strength. she could easily be security if she wanted to.

It didn't have the full gang.

>there was a Daria style scooby-doo? what the fuck was I doing when I missed this?
No one talks about it for a reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA

>when everything else from the 60s has long since died

Maybe i'm autistic, but your image kind of bothers me for some of its inaccuracies. Leaves out 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo and the designs that's been used in the direct to video movies since 2010 (pic related), the 1998-2005 should be changed to 1998-2001, and the 2002-2005 should be extended to 2009

>1998-2005 is the best
>Drawn/directed by Japs
Welp

>it could be a very interesting plot-line akin to Gravity Falls if in the right hands
You literally just described Mystery Incorporated

Because the series always does weird stuff. Here's a crossover between KISS and Scooby-Doo where they sing rock and roll to defeat a warlock in a rainbow dimension on a guitar spaceship.
youtube.com/watch?v=k_plih5b9To

I would edit the image, but I don't know what font and size it uses.

And it was shit.

>2015

Why?

I guess I could just make a whole new image, making it look more like a timeline

The lack of Red Shirt Shaggy kind of makes sense, since Velma and Fred weren't in that era at all, and the images are of the whole gang. Other complaints are spot on.