Imagine for a moment that a new cartoon adaptation of Sam and Max is revealed to be in production

Imagine for a moment that a new cartoon adaptation of Sam and Max is revealed to be in production.
What would you like to see in such an adaptation, and what would you absolutely dread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_lNX-Z6lWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is the main creator apart of it? If so then okay.

If not, it's dead in the water to me.

THIS

Literally anything else falls into Purcell’s hands, but I’d rather it not be like S&M S3, and more like the other two seasons + Hit the Road and the cartoon

put them in a real romantic relationship

You can ship it, but for Pete's sake leave it outta the canon

Under no circumstances.

As long as it's similar in tone to Hit the Road and not the Telltale series. Haven't seen the cartoon.

Nothing wrong with the Telltale games, back then, those guys actually made fun shit that was like proper adventure games. Ever since they became Walking Dead cocksuckers, they've been boring shit.

Telltale series is fine, nigger

To be fair, the third season was a bit lacking, though not necessarily horrible. Still wish they would have made more.

Wait do people not like S3? I liked it more than every other Telltale series, it had some spectacular episodes with the exception of Max's Brain.

It's maybe 50% as good as Hit the Road

I can imagine a Spongebob/Patrick-type innocent gayness could work rather well

I enjoyed the new games well enough, but never quite got over the limited scope -and not only in length-. It just felt like a bottle-ish TV-show kind of production in contrast to the sprawling, blank-check no holds barred feature film feeling of Hit the Road.

Didn't he direct Brave at Pixar or some shit? I'm not sure he's got it in him anymore

Sam and Max I could see being on Netflix or Hulu, TV wasnt ready for it back then and it still isnt ready for it now. Online streaming would be perfect for the more mature themes that they cant do on kids networks,but not having to be overly raunchy if it were on an adult network

Well, it was made when TT was still completely new, and barely had any budget to speak of. Hell, I think they only had a handful of people from the canceled sequel, and weren't allowed to borrow anything from that because Lucasarts was going full retard.

Not like the comics were ultra gory or anything. It could easily work on something adult swim if they weren't always busy sucking off Tim & Eric and Justin Roiland while flipping off the Venture Bros makers.

All I know is the writing was totally dwarfed by Hit the Road.

If there was another cartoon I'd really like to see them try an age range closer to the comics. The cartoon already flew a lot under the radar, but I'd really like to see more of the grimy, cynical, overwhelming sensory of the comics in animation form.
>Sam, blow into my ears!
>Max, there are kids watching...

He does.

I'd say they were pretty equal when it came to the quips. But certainly HTR had the better animation bar none. Such a shame that even after making bank with WD and other big IPS, Telltale still can't make animations that don't feel like they're from a PS2 game.

Good shit

Fuck off

We already did, but if think we should do an encore, Sam and I will happily oblige.

Max, I'm pretty sure what we did could be counted as a form of assault.

And that's WHY I think we should do it again so the charges double!

You crack me up, little buddy.

Egh. He can do better than resorting to topical

literately all I want is a new Sam & Max issue
it's my favorite fucking series
first thing outside the Big 2/Image I ever read

> the "nice guy" intro
If Hit the Road came out today, that scene would trigger so many gamergators. They'd crucify the game for "going full SJW"

That's exactly what would happen if the original cartoon aired now as-is; we would be shitting on the shoehorned female character because of much 2018 on a daily basis

We ourselves have spoiled our ability to enjoy things, haven't we

Some of us, maybe. I've rarely taken issue with a female character unless they have serious red flags that are so "I'm a SJW wetdream" it'd be insane to think they were anything else.

Well there were no "issues" originally. It's just a bunch of self-contained chapters he drew whenever he felt like it; they all fit in a book

>"I haven't felt so animated for a century!"
>"Don't exaggerate, Max."

He was one of the writers, but the film switched directors midway and the new director wanted to change the story completely.

I forgot that character existed

I love the colorization, it is so dam pretty

You can put your arms down now.

I never really liked The Geek. She smacked of being a kid sidekick added to help marketability for younger audiences.

If they were to make a new series, putting it on a more adult-oriented block like Adult Swim would give them a bit more freedom in the writing, instead of having to tip-toe around standards and practices.

Harvey Atkin is dead and that sucks.

Press F to pay respects.

Purcell usually gets handed their shit when it's about to fall apart or otherwise get canned. They see if he can salvage anything out of it. He did a lot of gruntwork on Cars, for instance. Usually does all the Pixar shorts, too.

>I never really liked The Geek. She smacked of being a kid sidekick added to help marketability for younger audiences.
I'm almost certain that's exactly how she was introduced in the show, although it's been awhile since I've seen it. It's Steve Purcell after all

Speak for yourself. The Geek was a pretty boring character, but she works OK as a "normal" person who's mostly a foil to Sam & Max's goofiness.

Thinking about it, since the '90s, it feels like we've gotten more shows that focus on totally madcap characters. So back then it makes sense having a kinda dull relatable kid character on the sidelines, but at this point they probably wouldn't bother.

F

F

Christ, not a single fucking word about the glorious jazzy soundtrack. It's like you fags never played Sam & Max.
Seriously, it MUST have good music. No indie pop crap or generic Kevin Macleod. Either jazz or dont even bother

I think netflix or another streaming service would be the best place for a sam and max series. Not forced to really conform to specific standards for tv

Its mostly because they refuse to update their fucking engine. Its the same engine theyve used since like Jurassic Park

I think I prefer TTG Sam's va honestly

>gamergators

Three years ago would like their strawman back

BUT MUH GABERGROOPERS
THEY HATE WAMEN AND POISONED OUR CROPS

Glitchy engine is glitchy

Why though? They're clearly making bank with all of these big IPs, surely they could get ahold of something that doesn't have 3 frame animations. Of course, they'd still have to get good writers, as those aren't tied to the hardware.

faGGots was a much better name

Oh give me a break as if any of you fuckers wouldn't lose your shit back then if social media was a thing at the time.

>Sup Forums
>Playing Sam & Max

Adult Swim hates spending money.

If your show actually has movement in it then prepared to get rejected or your show will be aired so sparsely that you may as well go into hibernation.

I could see Sam and Max working out with the major violence of it but they didn't really swear much did they? I don't see them on Adult Swim.

Not if it's spent on those talentless hacks Tim & Eric.

THIS. TTG can't make a game worth a damn compared to LucasArts due to their shitty engine, but Jared Emerson-Johnson is a god among composers.
youtube.com/watch?v=l_lNX-Z6lWc

Watch the cartoon in YouTube. It is only like 13 episodes total.

>they didn't really swear much did they?
No, and it's not like that's all it takes for an AS show. Venture Bros gets by without resorting to a cluster of cursing for 5 minutes straight.

Kind of feel the same. While Harvey had a great voice, I kind of prefer the more slick voice Hit the Road and TT Sams have. Lends itself better to the exclamations I feel.

>TFW that there will never be a new sam and max anything.

It really fucking hurts.

>the princess does not appear to be aging well

kek

My favorite part of the TT games was that Max was elected President and stayed President, and you saw magazines like "Max Impeachment Weekly" popping up in later episodes. Now those would all be seen as Trump jokes, though. Makes me sad.

>tfw you can't play the Telltale games because you get too horny with Sam on screen

What is her favorite Nirvana album?

Trump ruined cartoons.

>seen as Trump jokes
Only by reaching retards who failed history and don't know that we've had two presidents impeached. Since beyond jokes about his call for removal, Max's presidency doesn't even resemble Trump's.

unf, dat judy!

I know that feel
Season 3 was even worse

>The '97 Sam and Max just started popping up in my recommended videos.
>I imagine Anons with similar viewing habits had the same experience.

What are your viewing habits?

Keep it in your pants.

But he might be carroting a concealed weapon!

gay men who like game grumps?

I'm sure she wears that because it's cool.

Leave. Now.

Carlos is here to stay.

Cartoons, asshole.

I'm pretty sure Purcell is the sole owner of the IP. It would never happen without him

[citation needed]