Flex

I don't get the hype. Am I a brainlet? is it like watchmen that i have to read multiple times to get

Ye ah it takes a couple reads, essentially, the bomb is an idea, but superman is a better idea so essentially of we work together we can be heroes...just for one day

Maybe Morrison just isn't a good writer

so what was the deal with the little boys shitting in a circle

It's a campfire but since the protagonist is all fucked up he sees something negative instead

You've got to read it at least twice, since after the reveal of the villain you can get a firmer idea of how the characters are connected.

Try reading it on drugs

It's a campfire

You have to destroy your life first after failed escapism.

users are losers user

Nah, it's just morrison shit. Either you think it's great or you don't. You're not a brainlet for not understanding the rantings of someone with schizophrenia. It's deliberately vague and there's lots of elements in the story, making it seem more significant and confusing than it actually is.

I hate it but I also like it.

>of someone with schizophrenia

Sometimes I feel like Flex Mentallo and other comics are more about pretending being deep than actually being deep.
After all everybody have his own opinion after reading them.

>After all everybody have his own opinion after reading them.
What does that have to do with the thought you stated

That's a pretty good way to approach it, yeah. If you end up digging it and want more, you've got his Doom Patrol run. If you like the art and writing but hate the character, All Star Supes. If neither, thats cool too.

How could you possibly hate Flex? He's the Man of Muscle Mystery.

This meme. You.

that was kind of a weird curve, like I get it that Morrison's stand in is supposed to be some sort of fucked up pessimist but boys shitting in a circle actually being a twist for the whole "we were actually telling each other STORIES" revelation? Eh

the whole Gamble a Stamp bit at the end sums it up best

Don't hate the player (Flex)
Hate the game (Morrison)

I get the meaning, it's just a HUGE leap from "children shitting in a circle" to "shaman"

How could you hate Morrison? He's the Man of Mushroom Mystery.

Don't hate the player (Morrison)
Hate the game (psychedelic "revelations" aka "drug induced psychosis" as a foundation for stories without having a good editor to parse your bullshit so it makes sense to people who haven't been tripping balls)

Look, we could all do with tripping balls every now and then. Especially all of us who aren't me, because I trip too often already.

How could you hate drug induced psychosis and/or tripping balls? It's the... Activity of... Mental Mystery. Or something. It's fun.

something to keep in mind is we see the same overarching events from several different people's perspectives, so it can come off kinda screwy

Don't hate the player (drug induced psychosis)
Hate the game (commodifying the ideas you've come up with from the experience poorly, such that when you create fiction from the experience, the story you create has leaps of logic and correlations of meaning that only really make sense to you personally, and so you handwave the bad storytelling by saying you left the meaning deliberately vague, and that you want the audience to "find their own meaning" or some shit.)

How many times am I gonna have to tell people, USERS ARE LOSERS

Flex wouldn't be too happy about seeing you do something so unhealthy desu senpai

You can't live your life according to other people's desires, user.

But what if the other person... is you?!?

That wouldn't make any sense, I love drugs.

stop drinking coffee then, turbo. caffeine is a drug.

And I love dogs, but you don't hear me bragging about it.

Well, no, but I bet I would if we'd been talking about dogs.

What's your favorite dog?

Great Danes and Chows. You?

Yellow English Labs

Smelly.

What makes you say that?

>Great Danes
Nice taste user

Chows are fun, but a bitch to maintain. You ever see a poorly groomed chow with matted dreadlocks like beaver tails? That shit is sad.

It is sad. My girl is a dog groomer, though, so I could get one no worry. Be a bitch when we broke up though.

They smell. They're smelly dogs. They need a lot of baths.

Not in my experience. They're normal dogs.

There's no such thing as a normal dog

So what does Muscle Mystery do? Does it just cause people to be miring?

Alters reality.

>There's no such thing as a normal dog
Profound

"Normal dogs"? I mean, yeah... They're also one of the smellier breeds. Same as golden retrievers and beagles.

Which isn't to say that it doesn't induce miring.

No, not at all.

But what does it do? All I've seen is people falling down if they see he's the hero of the beach. Then agai, it's been years since I've read it.

>Needing to trip to understand Morrison
Literal brainlet.

>having to read Watchmen multiple times to get it
boy oh boy Sup Forums

It's not that complicated. Don't forget, this was from 1994...

You can, and it can even work out pretty well.

Personally I'd rather have my brains scooped out with a melon baller, but some people love that way of life.

He once turned the Pentagon into a circle by flexing.

Ah. So you caught the 'Black Freighter stories are Ozymandias' nightmares' the first time?

>boys shitting in a circle
They're not shitting and I think you're the only one reading it that way

Joke's on you. i don't drink it.

>He drinks anything but water
Step it up user