New The Walking Dead issue out today, how are we all enjoying The Commonwealth saga so far...

New The Walking Dead issue out today, how are we all enjoying The Commonwealth saga so far? Already two issues in and I'm liking it a lot. There seems to be a lot of references and call backs to the prison arc this storyline.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhwUcaJPayk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much longer is Kirkman going to drag his shit out for

Is that "not-Hillary"

Her name is Pamela, according to the wiki. I kind of hope this arc is THE arc along with next arc that cross examines Rick's character and we see him become the Brian/Philip Blake we've all been wanting to see since the days of the prison. It's interesting how Alexandria is now pretty much Woodbury in the state it was in when Woodbury was found by the prison survivors, there's a lot of parallels..

Bump storytime you nigger

Buy it/download

We also meet Elodie and Stephanie this issue.

>how are we all enjoying The Commonwealth saga so far?
I'm starting to think TWD should have ended when Negan was defeated.

No i like the storytimes and it also makes room for discussion, however short lived it may be

I'm waiting to see where they go with this Commonwealth stuff before I finally drop it. Hopefully there is some interesting contrast with Rick becoming the new Governor and the whole Michonne/Elodie stuff leads somewhere interesting. I think Michonne is going to leave the communities and just stay in The Commonwealth but who knows. Weird how she never brought the fact she has a daughter until after the time skip.

What's up with the stormtroopers? I stoped reading after they beat Negan

New community of fifty thousand

So any ideas where the story is going to head? If Kirkman is planning another "war", I don't think he will but I think he'll at least make Rick lie to his people by saying they've imprisoned Eugene and everyone and are holding them hostage. This would get morale up and stop some planned revolts happening against him.

Think this might be too big of a community for Rick to take over or will he bullshit his way into a position of leadership yeat again?

Of course he'll get some big role in the community

>New community
wow, that's something new and original!
seriously tho, I stopped reading before the timeskip or whatever the fuck it was, did I miss anything of value??

Andrea died after The Whisperer War and Kirkman was 50% unsure whether to cop out with a stray bullet or not but he went with a walker bite in the end. It's still sad to see the cast from the beginning has really dwindled but Andrea feels like such an easy choice giving that her character is out of the TV show.

I'm around 12 issues behind, what's happening with my boy Negan

>Andrea feels like such an easy choice giving that her character is out of the TV show
TV Andrea was shit and needed to be killed off for being such a dumb cunt.
Madison on FtWD isn't doing much better. That whole show is a clusterfuck.

Maggie forgive him for killing Glenn. Massively hinted she's getting dicked by Dante soon and Hershel is getting a new father.

Did Fear get better or interesting? Dropped it after Nick met the guy who had survived the Walker bite.

Fear is actually good now

So are we any closer to finding out about why people are not dying properly?

Anybody willing to storytime?

Probably not. Kind of hoping they've got some scientists in The Commonwealth who are doing research into walker reanimation, it would be pretty fun if they have a whole department dedicated to finding out why people aren't dying properly.

Storytime should be here soon.

With the amount of people and the kind of equipment they seem to have it might be a possibility.
If their leadership is made up of remnants of a group possibly respobsible for it people finding this out might be a big turning point.

Where can I pirate it right now?

Still not sure if I like the idea of The Commonwealth being behind the Walker outbreak so they could solidify power for themselves. It wouldn't seem as interesting for Rick and everyone to fight another group giving that's been the case before. What would be interesting is if Eugene accidentally stumbles upon an alien or something locked up in an interrogation room somewhere.

Seems pretty outlandish even for a comic like this.
Even if the outbreak wasnt deliberate Im betting there being a large network of groups taking advantage of the sitsuation.

Bump

Any scans uploaded on a site yet

Any minute now. It's always around this time. If not then the next thirty minutes or so.

>hey guys i know we just met but i really want to tell you about this traumatic expirience that i have.

Or

>am missing daughter you seen her ?

Theres a guy on youtube uploading every month. Just search issue 176 walking dead on ytb

Storytime?

I wish read comic online would hurry and upload it

Bump

where are the aliens?

And now I'm just realizing Winnesburg, Ohio being in the pilot of FTWD was a reference to The Commonwealth.

I think this is probably a reference to that more than anything

Was this not planned out to be 250 issues?

300 I believe.

I wonder what he's planning for #200? My bet is a wedding of some kind. Maybe Carl and Lydia or Eugene and Stephanie, I can see Lydia being pregnant around 190 or so.

And it's out on Readcomics

Just read it good issue. I do like where this arc is heading a lot. I'm kind of curious what type of punishment Stephanie had before.

What? Alexandria isn’t having gladiator zombie fights, and Rick isn’t raping any new people they find or feeding his zombie daughter.

If anything, this new leader looks to be Fem-Negan without the swearing and opening with brutally killing someone, but the same cold, calculated enslavement and threat of violence if you don’t toe the line.

They’re being very obvious about the whole “everything isn’t as rosy as it appears” vibe, but we still don’t know where the upcoming conflict is going to be. Could be something with Stephanie and/or Elodie wanting to go back with the group, or how both nations are going to come in to conflict as they both don’t take shit and neither plans on ceding anything to the other. Or maybe we get a bunch of issues of political drama but they manage to work shit out without killing each ot

Other.

200 is Rick Grimes big death issue with Carl taking the helm of Rick's philosophy.

>they manage to work shit out without killing each ot
I hope it's this. I don't want some faggy revolution against The Commonwealth. Rick and his people shouldn't be some superhero that tries thwarting everyone they disagree with.

I can see a big mystery happen in Alexandria when Michonne and everyone is away. It will probably be where is Rick or something like that and it will turn out the entire village backstabbed him or something like Julius Caesar since they know he'll fuck things up as usual.

Rick isn't sadistic enough to be Brian/Philip levels of sick but I think he's going to head there pretty soon, something might set him off, possibly Carl dying and Rick locking Carl up in Negan's old cell like Brian/Philip did with Penny. I'm pretty curious who Rick will fuck next now that Andrea is dead, my bet is that it will probably be Annie or he'll have his own harem or something.

I thought Rick was going to "break bad" when The Whisperers were a thing and people were trying to overthrow him. The covers of those issues made it seem like Rick was gonna start ripping out throats and maybe even make propaganda/false flags to maintain order. Nothing cool like that happened.

I stopped watching fear when they hand waived the fall of civilization AGAIN. I mean that was the whole point, to see HOW it happened in relatively real time, not to have a timeskip where the cast was in a safe zone and then wasn’t.

It's going to be great seeing what a mental set back seeing how The Commonwealth have maintained order better than Rick ever has done in his life post-apocalypse. I wonder if The Commonwealth had their own Governor, Hunters, Whisperers, Saviors or Woodbury to deal with.

I’m thinking he may hook up with fem-negan as some sort of political marriage, where neither loves the other, but it bonds the communities and sets the stage for the smaller to be absorbed in to the larger while keeping hostilities to a minimum.

She does look a little like Andrea in a way. I wonder if that was intentional or just a case of same face. I think a marriage contract between Alexandria and The Commonwealth is a good idea. I figured it would be Stephanie and Eugene who do that but it has to be someone far more important, Stephanie just seems to be some random civilian who was breaking protocol.

Hopefully the conflict isn't another "this community is evil, we need to take it over" schtick. I love the idea of Rick being the Governor to Pamela's earlier Rick Grimes.

I can see conflict arising internally, where Rick and everyone else make it to the Commonwealth. Pamela then interview everyone regarding their backstories and how they came to exist now, we get to Rick, he explains everything think of the scene in the tv series where Deanna interview Rick. He'll say similar shit. Except this time, Pamela think Rick isn't meant for the revitalizing of society because he's too far gone, teethering on the edge of being "the Walking Dead". Because Kirkman love to hammer down that theme every once in a while.

Michonne bond with Elodie, Elodie tell Michonne the Commonwealth is decent and aren't evil as the people Michonne encountered, Michonne is sold. Cementing Michonne's place in Commonwealth.

Next is Carl, he get use to the place and decide base upon what they dealt with Woodsbury, the Sancturary and everything else the Commonwealth is actually decent too.

Then when Rick decide to try and upsurge Pamela; Carl, Michonne, and maybe Eugene tell Rick "No." Leading to his decline as leader.

Honestly, they feel like Alexandria pre-Rick if Alexandria had an army. Kind of like what Negan was trying to do before he went full on tyrant and filled his army with psychopaths.

>Mfw soon Rick will just be a cranky old man in a Commonwealth park snapping at some kids and scaring them with stories of his past "YOU KNOW I USED TO BE LEADER OF A PLACE CALLED ALEXANDRIA! WE RAN IT BETTER WHEN I WAS LEADER I SAY!"

I don’t think rick will ever be forced down. I imagine he’ll probably die just to add conflict to the story. Would be an interesting plot if the whole marriage thing actually happens, and they operate under the assumption that with Rick gone Alexandria can be annexed, only for Carl to go full on freedom fighter because something pisses him off.

I mean honestly, Carl being the protagonist governor makes more sense, since he’s been alluded to be a total fucking psycho for a while, and set up a situation where you know the commonwealth are the moral ones, but you root for now-complete-asshole Carl because he’s been around the longest. Would also give him a reason to off Negan, who sees how smart the commonwealth is and tries to talk Carl out of being the leader of thugs that he was.

The last Governor Rick faced BTFO the shit out of him. He lost his hand, his wife, his (wife's) daughter (lol), his best buddy, and his home. I know he has to remember. I hope they don't achieve some faggy revolution against this 50,000 strong civilization. If they try they should get BTFO no take backs.

Now the pure pottery being here with Pamela is that she'll take Rick's hand in marriage, probably his wife's son too and give him another or a daughter again, and a new home. We're getting househusband Rick and you're going to like it.

How many people are in Alexandria and the surrounding communities? I don’t recall them ever doing a census or taking a body count.

Story time it you jerks

I think I remember Eugene saying on the radio to Stephanie how much Alexandria has. I can't remember the number.

>since he’s been alluded to be a total fucking psycho for a while
I've always seen Carl as being Negan. As in, after a while he sought a father figure in someone else because he felt different from Rick. That and Kirkman with Adler's magnificent art, have drew Carl in certain panels that is very remniscient of Negan. Hell with Carl slick back style hair now, it wouldn't surprise me if Pamela mistake Carl as Negan's kid.

If Negan survives to see the Commonwealth, maybe he'll try to prime Carl up to leader because "your father ain't looking to fucking mentally sound to fucking lead an entire community."

As for the marriage, I don't know. Rick recently lost Andrea, it'll seem to force. I can see an "election" where Rick rally up the Commonwealth and his people to vote to see who can "lead the new world".

I would go gay for this. Wonder where his eyebrows are.

STORYTIME

Okay since im the only one on Sup Forums with access to readcomiconline i guess ill do this shit. Hopefully some plot happens and hopefully princess doesn't say anything too embarrassing this time.

oh right the last issue ended with a really hackneyed and contrived plot twist

Who gets them all killed first, Princess with her constant stupid and inappropriate quips, or Michonne trying to be a badass?

nothing happens on this page and the next

youtube.com/watch?v=mhwUcaJPayk

Rick and everyone will vote to agree to join The Commonwealth then have Negan extradited to a Commonwealth jail where he'll probably face execution or something or maybe be forcibly turned into a Walker as punishment. They'll extradite him without realizing how inhumane their punishment will be or something.

oh nooooo, theyre dicks. I sure didnt see thab ome komin afdfgbf

>Hello my name is maxwell hawkins and ill be your cartoonish mustache twirling bad guy for the next 3 months

>This society places no value on teachers

DID WE LEARN NOTHING?

Why does Maxwell remind me of a slave plantation owner?

I'm really exhausted by how straightforward the bad guys are in this series.

insert hillary clinton joke here

ebony vs ivory, who will win?

I love Lance so far, he's a great not-Negan.

these commonwealth guys do have a nice chain of command going, they have a good system for filtering out undesirables

oh no

they brought back slavery

I was wrong about the slavery thing but this is still kind of weird. Cmon man dont be a cog in a machine

i just realized something

this is really boring

Hit me three years ago.

Maybe they use walkers in some interesting way like manual labour? You know pushing carts, using them as camo by building a ring around certain places so other walkers don't come nearer, etc.

I can't wait for the second American civil war over slaves, again...

oooooommmmeeeeennnnnnn

Little did we know...THE CAKE WAS A LIE

Over dead slaves. It really is going to be about fucking walker rights of all things, isn't it? They'll probably bring it up at some point during the series anyway.

What a shocking reveal.

kirkman has been quoted saying he's never going to get into what exactly caused the dead to rise

They do not want slaves, they look for nuts and screws that fit in the great machinery that they are putting together, and they will be the owners of the machine and who decides which piece fits and which one should be discarded

And that's how a machine works

I stopped reading at Issue 102. Have I missed out on anything?
Sucks to hear Andrea died, she was my favorite character. I don't think anyone will top her kill count.

part of me wants to be like: yay! society rises again
another part of me is like: meh, walkers/humans will just come and fuck this over
AGAIN

God fucking damn it.

Dropped.