‘Kim Possible’ Live-Action Movie in the Works at Disney Channel

variety.com/2018/tv/news/kim-possible-live-action-movie-disney-channel-1202689978/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DisneyChannel/status/961238130174160896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If this isn't somehow fake, it's actually shocking as fuck. Unlike other revived franchises, KP has been utterly dead - and fandomless - for about a decade now.

Nostalgia is big now, and KP was Disney Channel's biggest hit before Phineas and Ferb.

Bullshit. Granted, I wish it wasn't, but come the fuck on now. This bait is not only bad, it's kind of tasteless.

>fandomless
Just because an IP is inactive doesn't mean the fans stopped being fans.

Not 2000s nostalgia. Look how rare it STILL is for a cartoon from that era to even get any new DVD release, let alone Blu-ray.
That's why I said fandomless, not fanless you retard. (Well, that and fanless sounds like like the literal term.)

They’ll wedge in a dykey looking strong independent womyn and a useless soyboy (((love interest))).

Dropped like an uninsured baby.

Those are the main characters user.

...you never watched KP, have you?

Why didn’t you listen!!!

Aside from dykey, that's basically Kim Possible main characters.
And then you will complain about the boy genius helping them in their missions is a nigger and that the "main" villain is a incompetent idiot and the only real treat to Kim is another strong female character?

twitter.com/DisneyChannel/status/961238130174160896
It's not fake, casting just started.

Will it have the lesbian undertones though?

That bit was pretty fucking racist, user.

Next you’ll say there’s some degenerate tension between the dyke and the other dyke.

Is that your way of saying I’m right, user? Because I’m always right.

>made for TV
>probably can't afford the fat kid from Spider-Man to be Wade
It's gonna suck.

This is the only way to get me to watch it

Purely by coincidence I ran into a 20-something Kim Possible today at work. Shoulders a bit wider than average, great posture, smallish tits, narrow waist, bubble butt, did not skip leg day. Brunette but never mind.

You know what? With the pants and the combat boots she looked pretty fucking gay.

.....No.

>It going to be utter poop.

Not really interest in this without an X rating.

I don't believe this.
Kim Possible is one of my favourite bloody shows. It never even got a damn Disney Infinity figure and I kept bloody waiting until the whole thing shut down.

And now a live action remake? Why? Who for? I like KP, but I don't want to see it live action. And shit, I'm not sure something made in 2018 could do this show justice at all. ffs lads, don't even know what to make of this. On one hand it's more KP but on the other no one asked for this.

>Exploited a female friend's emotional vulnerability/weakness to get into her pants

Ron was /r9k/'s guy

Heh

Kim is gonna be played by some flat ugly shit

>Christy Romano is a happy mom and so full of life right now
i hope she has a cameo or plays the mom or something.

Well, you know what they'll be looking for in the actress to play Kim. She is a ginger after all.

So like Mary Jane, April O Neil and Jimmy Olsen... turn the ginger into a [anagram for ginger]?

>Disney channel

They're gonna make Kim black. Take a pic of this post.

We need to stop ginger erasure. I blame South Park for demonizing gingers.

>fandomless
>not fanless

put the goalposts back and accept you were wrong jfc

Don’t you have some 13 year old Total Drama fans to be harassing?

This is a thing that's going to happen, bump for the Sup Forumsmrades in the back.

But will the molerat be CGI?

heh

This news brought me back to Sup Forums and I'm not sure if the catalog's looking much better or I just had lowered expectations

Well that's gonna be god-damn horrible. Fuck you Disney with your awful live action adaptations.

Definitely the latter

I'm unusually OK with this

I'm suprised to be honest. If they choose the perfect cast I would watch it. Seems like Disney starts to care about the nostalgia.

>And now a live action remake? Why? Who for?
Kids who are born in 2010 or 2009 probably don't know who Kim Possible was, we're in the age of reboots by the way so the kids who grows on Teen Titans Go or nuPPG or some teen shows that are on Disney Channel will probably watch the future KP movie.

As I know life, the channel showed reruns of the show at midnight in 2015 so why not show some reruns to get to know the current viewers about KP.

>black kim
>implied gay Ron
>wade will be indian

So, since this is obviously an alternate continuity, won't they have to start the film from the very beginning so kids of today won't be confused as fuck?

As long as it's got lesbo shower scenes with Kim and Shego, I'm a happy camper,

>implied gay Ron
>implied

wat

Not even a trailer yet and I'm pretty pissed off about this 2bdesu

the tweet for casting was 6AM today...

>the fucking Disney Channel
Big fucking whoop. They're not going to cast anybody for Kim's role who can accurately portray her as the admirable and aspirational figure that she is (to say NOTHING about the villains, Jesus dick I dread the underwhelming performances from whoever the fuck they decide to cast for Drakken and Shego); and they will cheap out on the entire production. Fuck this, man.

They'll never be able to get the gymnastics right. But I hope they involve the VAs in this somehow. Paint John DiMaggio blue and shove him in there if you have to.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shego and Drakken aren't in this honestly
I mean, it doesn't mention it's a reboot, and even discounting the fact that Drakken was half turned into a good guy at the end, I don't think they'd have him star as the villain anyway since the original KP film did that

Oh, great, that just means that they are either going to royally fuck up the lesser villains OR they are going to try to create original villains.

And I wouldn't trust live action Disney Channel productions with walking my dog.

>redheaded character
>live action
She's the main character. Is she safe?

Dont worry. At most Monique will be written to have her own heroic scene

Imagine the reaction if "lol Ron saves the day actually" happened today.

Redheads are racist, sweetie. They're going to turn her into a strong womyn of color instead.

fucktards who never watched the original series would have a meltdown on twatter or something, it's always a vocal minority though.

Why did anyone like mustache mouth anyways? Why does this shit get a movie while MLAATR or billy and mandy get ignored?

>MLAATR
Nick
>illy and mandy
Underfist and creator doing that kickstarter thing
Whatever happened to the guy who made MLAATR, anyway?

You don't need to imagine - the vast majority of fans (not just the SJWs) hate season 4 overall, but especially the finale, for being too Ron-centric.

It was made that way to show how powerful those aliens were - that they could actually beat somebody as resourceful, skilled, brave and strong as Kim, and that Ron needed to unleash all the monkey Kung Fu magic in the world to defeat them.

It was a great way to escalate the stakes. And the season was great.

Oh, I agree. But we're in the minority there, user.

He works at Disney. He worked on Gravity Falls and the new Ducktales.

>tfw they will probably remove the midriff

The cast is going to be tricky.
If they don't get the perfect actors for the characters, then the actually razor thin line of Ron and etc.

I'm with you honestly. I have no faith in this whatsoever and it annoys me it's even being done. There's no chance it remains faithful to the source and it'll just sully the name of KP, which I value quite a bit.
I'm not sure why Disney are so keen to overwrite their animated history with live action remakes these days, and I'm not sure why they've chosen Kim Possible of all things, but it's worrying.
Honestly. Unironically. The best thing this movie will probably bring is a live action version of the Naco.

How's Christy Romano looking these days?

Imagine the reaction if "lol Rufus saves the day actually" happened today (children watched for Ron)

The Monkey Magic sub-plot was complete fucking GARBAGE!!! Period!

The monkey magic love interest was garbage.
The kung fu was not.

I liked it too, personally. Honestly I thought Kim being able to share the spotlight WAS the final step of her character development, to be totally honest.

Oh shit here come all the people who have suddenly been big KP fans all along and know exactly what this movie should be

There's no way for this NOT to suck. They will have to update this for fear of modern kids not liking it. And it really had that special early 00's atmosphere where "cool" and actual cool no longer had any overlap and irony wasn't in yet going for it.

They'll end up with a generic female spy and goofy side-kick movie.

Teenage girl superspy is a good concept for Disney but kids these days prefer live action, so call it Kim Possible to reap the additional nostalgia points from adults.

>The monkey magic love interest was garbage.
If this were an active KP community, I'd start a petition to have you banned.

She was so fucking boring.

But don't Disney already have some live action spy show on their Channel? Maybe I'm completely wrong but I think I've heard of something like that.
I guess you're right though and that is where they're going with it, but still I don't see why a Movie, unless the plan is a Movie to kickstart a Series. Movie's are one time deals, I can't imagine this grabbing too many new eyes unless Disney gives it a big marketing push, which I don't see happening.

And Kimmy Cub wasn't?

>Funny, has some physical abilities, people and girls enjoy his company
Yeah he totally was R9K

Bonnie was the only GOAT

This.

Bonnie is one of the worst characters in animation history.

All my belongings on Jenette Mccurdy as Kim

Kim was pretty much the only person who tolerated his company in the first two seasons

Kim needed her (otherwise, she'd be even more boring)

This. Kim really needed someone to keep her feet on the ground.

>Kim was pretty much the only person who tolerated his company in the first two seasons
That's what the show tried to make you think, but failed miserably.

>Kim was pretty much the only person who tolerated his company in the first two seasons
didn't people on school liked Ron more than Kim there a a lot episodes were he's shown to be a pretty cool guy among people meanwhile is literally Kim only friend until Monic

Mainly because a loser/pariah is far more relatable

I don't think the show can work live action desu senpai.

No show needs an alpha bitch. Ever. Period.

It's just about the worst trope in existence.

>Implying The Mouse House cares

On the other hand, they won't be able to jam Scarlett Johansen in to yet another action girl role despite the fact that she can't act her way out of a paper bag.

I'd rather it be a reboot or a sequel desu.

Would be interesting if Sophia Lillis plays Kim.

Wrong.

>worst
You mean "hottest", you homofag.

So Kim is going to end up with either Bonnie or Shego like she should have in the original show. Good.

Spitballing ideas:
It's partly for synergy with the Black Widow movie to make a more kid oriented version of Black Widow and to possibly to make use of ideas considered for the Black Widow movie. It's similar to the KC Undercover and A.N.T. Farm synergizing with features of the MCU like SHIELD and spies like Black Widow. Also, it's an attempt to do something similar to the recent theatrical live action adaptions for Disney channel animation that could appeal to both young viewers and people who watched the animated show when it aired while also possibly creating some interest in young viewers for the old animated show once it is available on a Disney streaming service. I could see them attempting this with other animated shows in the future as well. It also gives Disney some more experience with making an action movie that's live action, but with a budget for tv/streaming similar to things they might do in the future with MCU stuff on a streaming service, although Marvel tv and ABC have already been doing similar things. Still, having a kid oriented live action movie like this might increase the number of kids, especially girls and women in the future that would be interested in action movies that are live action in the future which maybe would be beneficial because maybe action stuff like that focus on female characters might be more popular with males than non-action movies and shows focused on female characters.

Which black actor will play Ron?

You mean The Famous Jett Jackson?

RIP

>pretty much every Ron-centric fanfiction has him telling Kim to fuck off while he basically becomes a male Kim and she whinges and becomes a female Ron.

After all these years people are still this ass blasted.