Deathstroke #28 Storytime

Chinatown part one!

OH NICE THIS IS THIS WEEK TOO?

This cover is charmingly FUCKED.

I guess my theory was right after all

>I will meet the president of the United States.
>Then I will go to Six Flags Paradise.

>I know who you are
>You have the power to stop me?

>Imperialist States of America
>Stroke of Death
That's not how it works, but damned if that's not funny

This is the only good comic DC is publishing right now and Defiance has been a real step back in terms of quality.

Holy shit this issue was PERFECT. Perfect pacing and writing.

This and Justice League prove that Priest is a hack and that the comics industry needs new blood.

Sorry the constant references to past issues are annoying and I am doubtful any of you go back and re-read them.

>see *
Every.Fucking.Page.
This editor is pure fucking garbage

Ive never been fond of multiple personalities storylines

This is still good though. Nothing the big 2 are doing right now is as good.

It's a stupid choice. It's cheap. No one will truly be at fault.

If 68% percent of an industry can't put out a single good book then it deserves to die.

No. It was good but it could have beeb better, like the entire run.

nonoonononono
she didn't do it

I've read all the previous issues. It's confusing and doesn't make sense sometimes, but then there's a payoff when you get to an issue like this where the dots are finally connected.

I guess this is the definition of "writing for the trade".

>No one will truly be at fault.
What a moronic way of looking at things.

More like writing for the run. Writing for the trade means one storyline at a time. This sets up stuff that gets resolved 10 issues later.

I completely forgot last week was an annual and not the actual issue

mentally sick people aren't responsible for their actions due to their illness

What a moronic thing to say.

Only bothered looking at this for Kenan and Priest, for all his talent, continues to prove that he's REALLY bad at writing characters he doesn't normally use.
New Super-Man and the Justice League of China, Runaways, Doom Patrol, All-New Wolverine, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and plenty of others (mostly from Marvel) are definitely better than this. I'll give you that, based on other issues I've looked at here and there, this is generally better than most of DC's current offerings, but that's a REALLY low bar.

Thanks for storytime OP

Oh snap. Slade killed a guy.

>Runaways, Doom Patrol, All-New Wolverine, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
These are all terrible. I only read the first 3 or so issues of New Superman but it was pretty unremarkable.

What payoff? I've been saying since the very beginning that this book is way too complicated for its own good. I'm all for complex storytelling, but when you are jumping around so much that there is no throughline whatsoever and something that appeared to be a lynchpin of the plot is tossed off in a few pages ten to fifteen issues later (with a fucking amnesia explanation to boot), that's not good writing.

Those are all shit and generic "fun" titles reserved for manchildren from reddit. Tom Taylor cannot even write.

How will Kenan poop out probably 3 dozen gumballs?

>Dropping THAT bomb
Ouch. Figure he's confessing his sins before he's about to attempt dying.

You've proved you know how to use buzz words. Congratulations.

Mystery Box bullshit designed to make people ask questions with no plans for a payoff.

You're just mad he didn't take your shitty bait.

If I was getting 'mad' over Sup Forums posts, I'd desperately need bigger things to worry about.

Also no bait. I genuinely love those books.

Yeah, it's not like he wants you to track down those issues and buy them.

>I genuinely love those books
Okay? Doesn't change the fact that they're generic "fun".

Calling a generic monster of the week capeshit what it is, is legit criticism, dumbass. Especially when your criticism is "not muh".

But I'm fucking buying those fucking issues as it is. And most of the times they outright explain something in the dialogue and then just use that to say "it was first mentioned in issue x". Awful fucking editor.

Please try and explain to me how any of those books are "generic fun". Among them, there's a refined cape book which explores Chinese mythology and racism through history, a book which is the truest sequel we've gotten to Vaughan's Runaways run, two books whose entire premises are built around being insane and imaginative and one where I could see why someone who doesn't read the book might think it's generic, but is actually about having its protagonist overcome her issues which have long haunted her and moving her in a new direction.
None of those books have "monster of the week" formats, save Squirrel Girl to a certain extent, which is a comedy.
And are you referring to my criticism of this issue? Writing a character incorrectly isn't "not muh", it's an actual problem.

I love Chinese Superman

dat delicious Joey suffering

>Writing a character incorrectly isn't "not muh", it's an actual problem
Then why are you defending Way's Doom Patrol, numbnuts?

Never actually read a Doom Patrol comic before. So if characters are acting OOC, I wouldn't know. I've got a friend obsessed with the franchise though and he loves the series.

>Never actually read a Doom Patrol comic before
That's not a good excuse, moron.

Justice League ia bad but Deathstroke is good.

one big brown bubble

Excuse me but what? When did Slade timetravel? Is this the same Slade as the one in the comic or is it a future him that timetravels to the future and sets off some loop with the sword by selling it in the past?

I miss his high tech costume from earlier in the run.

Lazarus Contract. They didn't show everything he did when he had super speed.

Nah, she's actually possessed and I don't see why Willow would bother to kill Rose's enemies, she's on a mission.

She's probably being mind controlled by someone and Isherwood is lying to her.

boy, / co/ is full of autistic contrarians who hate everything that is "hipster" or "generic" do not strive, this place became / v / niche a long time ago

"I'm gonna meet the President of United States."
"Then I'm gonna go to Six Flags."

So she’s either possessed or crazy

I think the sword is possessing her. Tanya said it came from the future in an earlier issue.

Rose probably got possessed by Willow and killed Joey's girlfriend.

Nothing Slade says is straightforward. I think he's trying to push her away because he realizes that being around him isn't going to be good for her. It's exactly the kind of messed up way he would go about trying to do the right thing.

Chinese Superman book is just another generic teen superhero comic. Your reason for liking Runaways is basically fan service?

>protagonist overcome her issues which have long haunted her and moving her in a new direction.
Totally not generic capeshit at all.

>USG
>ANW
wew

Going to miss Priestroke

>All-New Wolverine, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and plenty of others (mostly from Marvel)
Lmao nice try Marvelcuck. Taylor can’t write a decent story to save his life and Marvel is putting out worse garbage than DC. At least I’m still reading JL I’m not even reading Avengers anymore.
>Squirrel Girl
Holy fuck kill yourself

So how long were they all standing there like that?

>Teleports behind you

USG has better writing than Batman

fuck off, Ryan

No it doesn’t. Shit writing and shit art for retards like you.

>Six Flags
That Superman ride is fucking amazing.

Kek, you're either horribly retarded or you're some kind of master baiter. Hopefully the latter, because my god, no one man can have taste so shit. There is no fucking way on planet Earth that you're serious.

>Runaways
>All-New Wolverine
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Get some taste, goddamn

Runaways is pretty good tho

Bump

The Joey scene felt a little too long, like I feel you could probably cut down his suffering to a page or two.

Fine issue though.

So Deathstroke's pedophile past is canon.

>>I will meet the president of the United States.
Is the Uncle Trump thing between the chinks actually true? If so Kenan is even more best boy

cold

>having its protagonist overcome her issues which have long haunted her and moving her in a new direction.
If this is what you think makes a good Squirrel Girl book then North has completely failed.

>All-New Wolverine
>Bad