Dastardly and Muttley #6 Storytime

Well it's been a wild and crazy ride...

Time to wrap up this mini series with the 6th and final issue.

Who's ready to "Stop The Pig One"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sj6-LG5VpGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In case nobody got the reference last issue...

Waiting all day for this and Snagglepuss OP, yer a good man

Why thank you good sir.

I DONT WANT IT TO END

now I need to see the Seal Team

Neither do I. This was a very good series.

>Dat Title

I get it.

Ennis has generally been pretty good lately, less edgy, more fun.

I can't see this ending well.

I know. It's quite the improvement actually.
That makes two of us buddy.

Oh...

Shit.

They're going to lose a lot more than their job if they fail.

Holy shit. Acceptance!

this series is a reaction image goldmine

Tell me about it. I'm pretty sure somebody already has a folder of the best faces from this series.

>You build me a thingumabob
you win this round

Too Late Dick.

15 Pages too late...

oh fuck...

See ya Air Flyboy...

GODDAMNIT ENNIS YOU FUCKING MADMAN. HOW THE FUCK WILL THIS END? I'M ON THE FUCKING EDGE OF MY SEAT HERE.

Excuse me while I laugh at that first panel

which basically means they saved all the series

And all is now right with the world again!.... ...right?

I think next to Flintstones this is my favorite Hanna Barbera Book. I couldn't get into the Space Ghost stuff sadly enough since I don't have much nostalgia for them

This is depressing.

oh no....

.....oh...

oh man, that's bit of a downer, isn't it

.....Well that was.... an ending.

oh..... :(

what
in
the
flying
FUCK

Honestly one of the best Lovecraft comics ever done.

Especially that ending. Holy shit.

>Ennis has generally been pretty good lately, less edgy, more fun.
I spoke too sooooooooon

KINO

I figured Dick and his team wouldn't return to normal, but even this is a pretty sad fate for them: forever doomed to reruns.

So overall guys, how would you rate this issue, as well as the series as a whole?

Really good.
Especially with how you get a lot of comics that only focus on the superficial stuff of HP's stories like the Deep Ones or Cthulhu.

In this - they might not even be real. But the crushing insanity is...and it's done to perfection.

Great. The HB line has been pretty high-quality, all things considered. Nothing is bad. Some shit is lukewarm.

I'd say Scooby Doo is bad at times but I haven't read much of it to say anything definitive. The issue where Velma hallucinates for the entire issue was 'eh'

Scooby Doo is my favorite, and I have to say that it does drag. A lot.

But the core team stuff is done well when it gets to settle down. It's more wafting than bad.

hmmm, I'll check it out then, I stopped pretty early on.

Damnit Ennis, I was having fun.

Finally they caught her!

Under the sea ... under the sea

Under the Potomac river motherfucker!

>Velma hallucinates

As someone into strung out girls, would this appeal to me

Damn Ennis you should keep writing snuff stuff and insults, this is too raw for me

no not really, it was basically a giant cop-out for the issue, she betrays the team and becomes the monster overlord but all that happened was she fell asleep and it was all a dream

Well, damn.

Great job, OP, and great ride.

Right in the feel-beans!

god fucking damn that's dark

Well guess I should post this then

youtube.com/watch?v=sj6-LG5VpGk

That ending was fucked up.
And I love it!

This was a pretty awesome mini-series. IT was weird, it was hilarious, and it was tragic. We’ve seen the toon worlds before, but the horrors of a world becoming one was never explored before (AFAIK), so this was a real treat. I hope they make a sequel or someone makes a similar concept in the future.

Thanks, user!

Coming from the perspective of the cartoon, it's almost a victory. He DID stop the pigeon. But from this perspective, it was the start of his endless existential nightmare existence of trying to stop the pigeon. That is indeed all kinds of fucked up.

Uncle's a what? A WHAT?

Was kinda hoping to see more of Zee with those Jessica Rabbit curves, but they keep her obscured in the jet for the issue. Oh well...

ok, i haven't been keeping up with any of these books, but can someone give me a quick synopsis of them, all i know is this one and the scooby doo one is like an apocalypse or something? I really wanna get into these

Jesus they're trapped in hell.

If you had to spend eternity trapped in a cartoon, which would you pick?

Megas XLR

>Diabo-loops

Oh I get it

A "Fucking Morg-". Based on what Zee says I thought he meant Mongoloid, but that doesn't match up.

Moron. It's moron. Muttley is covering half of the O.

Well that was a depressing ending. Really enjoyed this series though, somehow colorful toon-physics works great as horror.
Flintstones>This>Future Quest>Scooby Apocalypse

WOW holy shit.

Well fucking done. Dark af.

They didn't deserve that.

Yet, they were the heroes the world needed.

As a child I was always trying to figure out the the dirty word Timoan kept Pumba from saying in Hakuna Matata

>I was so down-hearted...
>Every time that I far--- Pumba, not in front of the child!

Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't a super- secret horrible dirty word but "farted", which isn't even a bad word at all and didn't need to be censored.

Fucking christ

>fantastic mr president

heh.

>The End
>Not "Th-th-th That's all, folks!"

0/10

It was taking the piss out of the weird standards for censorship in the 90s. You could have characters farting, but they couldn't say "fart."

Holy fuck. Ennis, you absolute madman. This was a hell of a ride.

What does that have to do with Dastardly and Muttley

B:TAS

WELL IT WOULDN'T BE AN ENNIS COMIC WITHOUT CRIPPLING DEPRESSION AM I RIGHT

It was a blast. I laughed and I cried at their desperation.

DuckTales

Where was the edge in this, you moro...I mean disabled? It's just a regular ol' downer ending

I just meant it was no longer fun :(

Well aint that painful?

I knew that they wouldnt survive, but this? THIS!?

dear lord, nobody deserves this fate.

DAMN YOU H.P. LOVECRAFT!

So......Zilly was a girl this entire time?

Not in the cartoon.

Well that was a 9/10 ride. Thanks for the final story time OP. Can't wait to pick this up next trip to my LCS.

Now here's to hoping Snagglepuss picks up.

This is honest to God one of the best things I've read all decade.
I loved every delightfully insane moment of it. It surpassed all my expectations.
Dastardly and Muttley were two of my favorite characters growing up and I loved what this series did to them.
I couldn't praise it enough.

Fucking topnotch. Sad ending, but this was one of those stories where the characters are fucked from the start and it’s all about how they aquit themselves on the way down.

Pretty damn good. I wasn't sure how Light PG-13 Ennis would work. But it did well and I'm quite pleased.

BEWBS

Ohhh....right took me a second

So they’re all trapped in the cartoon for an eternity?

Doomed into failure and repetition. The better question is, do they remember who they were?