Mario movie

What could they honestly do to make this work? Does Illumination have the creative talent to actually pull something decent off? Isn't Nintendo far too restrictive with Mario to let something actually interesting happen? Lord knows they're not going to take influence from the Mario RPGs. I honestly can't see anything good coming from this.

THIS SUMMER

The Super Mario Bros Movie was a timeless classic.

There's no way this is going to be as good.

>insert shitty hip hop song into any nintendo movie

Illumination has the animation talent, it's just their writing staff obviously likes really retarded shit
Luckily, Nintendo isn't going to leave the writing up to them

the mario rpg/paper mario people have spoiled nintendo fans too much for them to ever be pleased with whatever this winds up being

lel

>random out of context character saying "WOW"

this is pretty good but you know they'd also wind up using yoshi for some awful humor

Minions are short guys in overalls that talk in weird italian sounding gibberish. How are they gonna go from that to Mario?

I hope it's like the original Mario movie script and it's just Mario viciously hating Luigi and shitting on him.

I want to know if they'll have the balls to make Mario/these characters completely silent except for their traditional wahoo stuff.

>Luigi as Owen Wilson
oh god, it gets me every time

If it were my choice, I'd build up to it instead of going for a full-length Mario movie right out of the gate.
Like make some short films first, or a movie that uses Mario but doesn't focus entirely on him. Maybe a Wario movie first, since his character gives you a lot more to work with.

That way, you could set a standard for how you'll translate the games to film, and you could get over any missteps. But if you go whole hog for a Mario movie right off the bat, it's gonna be so much harder to correct any bad ideas.

I'm confident that it'll at least be faithful.
Nintendo was particular about how Bowser drank his dang coffee in his Wreck-It Ralph cameo, I doubt they'll let Illumination get away with much garbage.

completely remove all the shit that makes Illumination Movies so terribly average

go all out with the Mario stuff

no pandering

If they plan on having actual words, I want them to take notes from the writing in Mario's RPGs

If they do these things, it'll be good, and will be the first Illumination movie that is actually worth watching

After this, they can make the Nintendo Cinematic Universe (with Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, etc.).

>ILLUAT
I don't get it.

It always get me, quality stuff there

>AAAA my fire balls!
this depresses me

Honestly, I'm trying to keep an optimistic view point on this due to my love of Mario. The way I put it, I don't think Illumination is bad at making films, the problem is they focus to much on the aspects of the film that will pull in a crowd, appeal to children and make money (Minions). The thing working in favor towards the Mario movie is the heavy involvement of Miyamoto and Nintendo who are known for there heavy restrictions and strict guidelines. With The Lorax there is no restrictions, Dr. Suess has been dead for years and all that's left is his widow whose involvement is basically just signing over the rights. This means Illumination can do whatever they want with it, add new characters, cast whomever and add similar minion like characters (the animals). With the Mario movie I don't think that we're gonna see Minion like characters. Its not in the spirit of the games and I feel pretty confident that Nintendo and Miyamoto won't allow that to happen and want to stick true to the games look and feel as possible. Most of the hate from Illumination stems from characters they created as cheap comic relief for kids that became immensely profitable and successful. I haven't seen every single one of their movies but that's just how I feel, I really hope the movie turns out well.

On the one hand, you've got Illumination. A cynical American company that survive by making cheap films and putting half the budget into marketing. On the other hand, you've got Nintendo. A cynical Japanese company that survive by being strict and regulated.

Chances are; miscommunication will run rampant, there will be hang-ups on minute details, whilst the plot goes to hell in a hand-basket, and the whole thing won't look as good as the cutscenes from the new game.

If you're a fan of mario, which (admittedly) I'm not, it might be best to just take a deep breath and find something else to occupy your time with.

>Animated movie ends up being shit thanks to minion-tier characters
>Everyone rushes in to declare the live action movie a masterpiece

Stop acting like illumination is gonna somehow ruin the entirety of the movie, like they’re the only ones involved in making this thing
Nintendo is a Japanese company and all Japanese companies are stingy and hover mommy on they’re properties, you all act like Nintendo after years of not letting anyone touch their shit besides them wouldn’t learn their lesson after letting DIC and anyone else do what they please with their IPs

Likely chance is Nintendo is gonna tell them what they can and can’t do and won’t release the movie if it’s not up to par and also might even cut ties if things don’t work out

Illumination are competent enough and Nintendo will keep a tight enough leash that I think it'll be a watchable film, but it won't do anything interesting. It'll be an incredible safe adventure movie with slapstick for the kids and a few references to the older games for the parents

The only thing I wish for is no more than one fart joke, PLEASE ILLUMINATION

I've always liked this because it's so fucking crystal clear how close to reality this is. You can just hear and see it as you read it, it's vivid.

I want the Superstar Saga voices, authentic Italian gibberish coupled with them miming whatever needs to happen.
Also the Superstar Saga art style, it's perfect for an animated show.

Maybe you just want a Wario film

it will still be better than the sonic live action movie

Nothing.

Comcast is going to make Nintendo their bitch just like they Dr. Seuss.

Should have went with anyone else. Disney, Pixar, Warner, hell even Sony.

Here's what they have to do: they have to make Mario and Luigi silent characters. Like Charlie Chaplain or Buster Keaton. That's the only way this shit will ever work.

I mean, look... can any of you imagine the Mario brothers "quipping?" They never talk in the games, and they're obviously inspired by various silent-era actors and cartoons. Look at their gloves, their mustaches, their fuckin overalls. Also, artistic constraints tend to force creators to actually be CREATIVE, so they might be able to avoid most of the obvious pitfalls mentioned in .

On the whole, it'd make the movie better, and possibly even worth seeing. But knowing Illumination, they're obviously never gonna do that. A Mario movie would be difficult for anybody, but with this studio, it's almost CERTAIN to be a fuck-up.

Oh wow, someone else just had the same idea I had. Yeah, the superstar art style and voices would be pretty sick. I agree. That's a good idea too.

Honestly would be a better fit for Illumination. A Wario Brothers movie could pretty much be like the Despicable Me movies set in the Mario style, but with a meaner and more bad guy but still goofy main character and Waluigi there to do all the minion schtick stuff.

More like children love toilet humor and they don't even try to make jokes for the parents forced to sit through them anymore outside of dated references.

>toilet humour
nearly inexistant in their stuff, you are mixing with Sony pictures, or captain underpants.

>Minions
>Despicable Me 3
>not toilet humor
You're kidding right? And plenty of other kids movies use toilet humor for kids, you just end forgetting them since either other jokes are better and easier to remember, or it was so innocuous you'd never notice unless a kid was blabbing about it for hours on end every day.

nope. You can admit you haven seen those movies, it will be faster than this upcoming "no you" and "omg you are defending those names I've leaned to hate" stupidity.

You do realize butt jokes are considered toilet humor right?