Nickelodeon's Downfall

What the fuck happened to this channel? Why is it so bad nowadays

>What the fuck happened to this channel?

You grew up.

Television is dying.

It rode off of two shows for the better part of a decade

The made shitty cartoons and kidcoms

Fuck off.

The have no lineup just like CN. And have no spirit and are overly corporate.

Everything is schnider shit now, wehn even as a kid i hated it. So of course nepotism to your in house fat pedophile who kids dont like his brand of crungey humor will fail your company. They are better then CN because even new spongebob and TLH is better then TTG or any of CNs new shows coming up.

Its not, and even them its not an excuse for shit programing, faggot

>new Spongebob
>better than TTG
I find this hard to believe, but then I don't watch TTG.

Its gotten fairly better within the last few years

user's not wrong.
Nickelodeon isn't even a voice for kids anymore from the looks of it.

Do kids even exist anymore? Or are they just smaller dumber teenagers?

>Nickelodeon isn't even a voice for kids anymore from the looks of it.
Yeah, thats my main problem with it
Not every child is some youtube rapper obsessed tidepod eating mistake of god, user

They don't play the old shows anymore

At it's worst Spongebob wasn't as bad an average episode of TTG

The death of cable. It's not just for cartoons but for every type of channel. Sports ratings are down because people prefer to stream it. The average age of a person who watches the evening news is around the 50's, Nickelodeon, CN, and Disney are all in decline as far as cartoons are concerned. Kids would rather watch youtube videos on their phones or computers, the young adult "diehard cartoon fans" demographic is increasingly moving on to anime because of the higher production values, more violent story lines, and blatant fan service among other things. The adults that do stay and become part of a cartoon's fanbase, normally devolve into tribalism based around a certain ship they are pushing.

If I was Nick, I would partner with Netflix and let them reboot everything while also launching new content. There's a huge market for animation, but the only way to capitalize off of it is to abandon the old ways. Especially with Disney's streaming service on the horizon. That may very well be the death knell for Nick and CN.

clearly you didn't grow up enough

>What the fuck happened to this channel?

Spongebob happened.

They don't play the old shows anymore

You do realize that CN's also looking heavily into streaming as well, right?

>hurr durr cable is dying
No its not, you just say it is to sound like some conceited fuck and think you sound smart because “lol everything is dying and im smarter then everyone else because i can see it”. Even then its not an excuse to air shit like henry danger or TTG, kill yourself

yes, which is good. But it could be too little too late. They will have their little TTG streaming market, while Disney gobbles up most of the pie.

>Memes
>Viacom
>Over reliance on Spongebob
>Shit coms
>Nick @ nite having nothing to offer
>Making Nicktoons show modernern shit

I'm mad they don't play the old shows anymore! I WANT COUSIN SKEETER BACK!!!

while some exaggerate the speed of it's death, it is dying. It won't ever be completely dead, but it will share a similar fate to the radio. It will eventually take a back seat to streaming services. Demographics matter. the average age of a TV viewer is steadily rising, so is the rate of cord cutting. a recent survey of millennials stated that 6/10 of them used a streaming service over cable. In 2017, 22 million Americans cancelled their cable/satellite package. that's a 33% increase from 2016. You can laugh it off and say it's just a meme, but it's a reality that the cable model is broken and not bringing in the viewers it once did despite a growing population. Companies like ESPN, who are modeled on making money off of cable subscriptions, have laid off hundreds of workers due to bad ratings.

Its not nearly as bad as you make it out to be, and no matter how much your coffee sipping hipster friends think netfkix is cool, it will not be the main source of media, as no one wants to pay for 30 different streaming channels

No one wants to pay for 50 channel cable bundles either

>Higher production values
>Anime

They only have two cartoons

Kids are still here. They're just in the background watching YouTube videos and playing video games while the adults in the foreground are bitching are childrens cartoons.