Runaways #6 Storytime

i hope they don't break up karolina and julie for nico/karolina

Yeah, last issue came close but hopefully they'll keep it out of the comic.

comedy

Victor is a cute in this, I'm happy they didn't do something worse to him after Vision.

C U T E

Marvel ain't half bad sometimes

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to support your local store, or that this is the last issue of the first trade which comes out in May.

I hope they don't force Nico to be gay when she's quite decidedly not

she's still only 19, she could have a bicurious phase

But Rowell has generally been pretty respectful of continuity and past characterizations, so I'm sure even if Karolina and Nico end up hooking up, it'll be in-character and make sense for the story.

Nico is team-sexual

She's hasn't kissed Molly yet. Or Xavin or Klara, but I guess they don't count anymore.

Or Singularity

julie is joining the team in issue 8 i believe.

We don't even have Klara back. ALso let's be honest we're getting canned before issue 13

this is nice.

that's the big tragedy

They did 14k in December, which isn't great or anything but with the TV show and everything it means that they can probably hold on for a little longer than that.

klara doesnt exist because vol 3 doesnt exist

I kinda hope she doesn't come back, to be honest. She never brought anything interesting to the group.

Making him a child killing cokehead added a lot of depth to his character.

this series seems like it'll survive off trade sales

Just like the first series.

It could have been worse.

I like responsible dad chase.

>Karolina touching Nico's hand
RAINBOW

RAINBOW NO

DON'T DO THIS RAINBOW

Didn't read the last issue, huh?

yes, and I want it to stop, not continue

They got out before she could sink her claws in

ouch

Nico's sexually attracted to bad decisions and making things awkward. That's why all her romances end the way they do. But yeah, I'd rather not have Nico get in the way of Karolina' relationship, or produce more romantic drama we don't need.

it wouldn't be Runaways without romantic drama, to be fair

I miss Xavin...

Molly is even stronger than I thought

>She's hasn't kissed Molly yet

time to craft a thingie.

What happened to the plant girl?

Klara. She was probably rebooted out of reality, but we don't have any concrete info about her.

she was sent to social services, brushed off on issue 2 or 3 just like that.

shes probably pleasing her new husband by now.

She didn't bring any thing because the book never gave her the chance too

took by social services

gotta make it like the show

if that were true, Victor wouldn't be there

>social services
RIP

Technically this actually works in the marvel universe since the soul (or at least a copy of it) automatically gets injected into a clone unless you're specifically trying not to have one. Molly's grandma legitimately brought her daughter back to life.

It surprisingly did or at least resolved an important part of his character. The cokehead part was unneeded but i guess he was supposed to be the cool uncle that's not as good for you to hang around as it looks like. The problem was that he came back which retroactively negates much of his impact. Fortunately the whole victorious.exe program has started running so that we don't have to deal with the fallout of something that should otherwise take over most of Victor's screen time.

Rainbow said she wasn't on twitter unless she straight up lied instead of not answering.

Creative question,

How do people feel about gradient panels?

As an artist I feel like it's lazy but I wonder as non-artists readers is it ok for you guys? Sometimes I stress out trying to add details. Does the type of book matter?

It's lazy a lot of the time but it can work. I'm an artist myself to some degree, but when reading that page in particular I didn't really notice the gradients because they helped highlight what was going on in the panels. And it doesn't feel like a more detailed background would add much to these pages since we already know where they are and it doesn't feel like there's anything super important going on behind them.

welp this was disappointing no actual fight with grandma and they are just gonna let her be

>Chase and Nico in the mom and dad spots

Julie needs to get sucked into a jet engine

wat

So you're saying all those clones in Spider-Man have souls? That's dark...

So when does Alex come back?

like a year ago?

funny how niko haven't mention that or the fact that she immediately fuck him

why would she

you know guy might hold a grudge against them and i don't know about you but i like the people i kill to stay dead and if they come back i would like to know

Obvs meant back in the series, not back from the dead. That hack on PM/IF made him go full villain, I want to see this team try to walk it back some. Or justify Nico getting dick from a drug pushing demon tamer.

The gibborim killed Alex. Nico went awol for a year trying to resurrect him. Do you even read comics?

so according to you they also didn't killed their parents

Kinda sorta. They're more responsible for their parents than they are for Alex

>That hack on PM/IF made him go full villain
as opposed to before, when he was also a full villain?

That's on Whedon for dicking around during his run. Best to leave his mistakes buried.

he was their first antagonist is her responsibility to tell them, if the book doesn't get canceled i bet he will confront them

I assume Karolina and Molly already know since they all clearly stay in contact, and Chase was present for his return

>Chase was present for his return
well i have to believe you cause im not reading undercover again

I think Rainbow is just avoiding a lot of the bullshit that has happened to the characters minus Victor being screwed.

They really were unjustly ruined over the past few years, Granted that's what Marvel does to young teams.

Id place the blame on his successor for not doing shit during their run. Seriously I don't remember a single goddamn thing about V3. Was that where Xavin got arrested?

>Gluttony is a sin
they picked exactly the worst character to say that

I really enjoy the interaction of the group. It's just nice to have a cast that gets along.

Also, I feel the writer is doing a solid job giving the characters voices at a few years older than their initial appearance. Everyone feels a bit more mature and self-assured in their decisions. It actually reads like people in their late-teens/early-twenties trying to grow up.

Yes. Last time i glanced in on scarlet spider that was an actual plot point since Scarlet-spider (Ben) had the most fucked up soul in the universe de to having the most legitimate deaths.(usually deaths are retconned as not dead all along and etc while he was legitimately killed thousands of times.) The spider-man arc before that led into that series had it being noted that memories for some reason automatically came back when you made a clone.

He was an emotionally charged teenager who died defending his parents from magical god creatures. He then struck out on a path to redemption by helping the Runaways from beyond the grave....

Even when Hopeless brought him back, he was working to help the good guys. He helped Nico control her powers. He helped the AU kids and the Avengers vs Zemo...

The last guy had Alex indiscriminately hurting people. He trapped a demon in his body and had a demon-face talking out of his chest. He sold magic demon-blood drugs to innocents that slowly ate away at people's souls... People died. You can't act like that's even remotely comparable to how he was portrayed before that series.

The solicit for 8 said she is

IIRC Chase was hurt before Alex showed up (lost the Darkstar) and was only healed up and brought back when Alex went off with Zemo

He may have been getting put into a coma when Alex was initially resurrected

But he saw Alex after he woke up

He also died trying to sacrifice his friends and girlfriend in exchange for immortality

Not exactly the nicest lad

They picked the most in character person to say that. That's what Gert does. People mistake her as the preachy and totally right tenager when she's actually the stupid teenager that tears down everything else with cynicism because she's mad that she isn't special in a world where everyone is. Grandma had Gert completely figured out.

A previous Gert thread touched upon this. Beware that there's lots of autism as people don't realize that Gert being opinionated (or ignoring the idiot aka Gert in the room) doesn't mean she's actually presented as right.

Please don't make me go pull pages from PM/IF, it was a shit book. It's an issue of scale and severity. BKV's Alex was an anti-villain. Hopeless continued that. Walker had him kick the dog.

That was the main book. He dies because he wanted to sacrifice the non Minorus and Wilders. He was all to happy to let Molly, Chase, Gert, Karolin and their families die.

Can a robo... synthetic life form be affected by psychic attacks?

Maybe it depends on if his brain is some sort of organic computer?

If Rowell is as good in keeping continuity as she has been up until now, she will remember Alex doesn't hold any grudge towards the Runaways. In fact, he tried to help Nico and Chase escape from Zemo. Also, could very well explain why he moved to rebuild his empire somewhere else instead of bothering the Runaways in LA

Even if he couldn't I doubt he's in position to be of much help regardless.

Well that's what the solicits seemed to imply but I wouldn't be surprised if it's all to write her off and clear the deck for Nico x Karolina.