Is this just Accepting your Retirement the movie?

Is this just Accepting your Retirement the movie?

If so, could most of Pixar take the hint?

I felt like it was "you're not special and you're replaceable" the movie.

Kids who grew up with the first movie are easily old enough now to start to realize they're never going to be important. Parents will enjoy it because they've got to give up too.

Having kids is awful.

Kind of in line with Monsters College, then, huh?

I never saw it. I really should.

more like, if you can't beat them
cheat to win
it was shit anyways
the characters couldn't be more flat

I think they are aware they are being replaced by WDAS.

pretty much, though MU was more focused on "there's more than one route in life, and there's no single path to success". Sully didn't meet his father's expectations or have the intelligence to succeed on his own, Mike's natural abilities weren't Scarer material but both became successful on alternative routes that both challenged them and allowed them to thrive.

It's about passing the torch. Accepting the inevitable when it comes to age and talent and knowing when to bow out gracefully and with dignity and be ever so humble for the experiences. Eventually a new generation will surpass.

>Having kids is awful.
Please don't have any until you grow up.

Yeah I was expecting the movie to end with the girls starting and finishing the race and the Sterling guy realizing Lighting could be great coach/crew chief.

I wonder when Pixar will dissolve and become permanent part of Disney Studio. Looking at their track record their time is over.

>Cars franchise is 12 years old

Think about that.

>It's about passing the torch.

This, except Pixar undermined their own message with that muddled ending.

Probably too heavy for the kids.

I figure it will happen some day. I remember the day a buddy I worked with told me Disney was buying Pixar. I thought, aw shit.. that's the end of that. Disney is too controlling and likes to have its exec fingers in the pie. I figure that in the future, former employees will get together to form another company to try and relive & spark the magic of the old days. With mixed results.

At least I was around to see them start up and their best years. Nothing lasts forever I suppose.

>It's about passing the torch. Accepting the inevitable when it comes to age and talent and knowing when to bow out gracefully and with dignity and be ever so humble for the experiences. Eventually a new generation will surpass.

This sounds like it was copypasted from some bad self-help book.

George Carlin did a voice in the first one and he's been gone almost a decade.

Yellow car was pretty fuckable

This person of colour who also happens to be a girl and better than you is going to replace you, go away old man.

Yes. It's probably why it's the only good Cars movie.

if the trailers for the first Cars had looked like the crash teaser for this one I would have gone to see it.

Ah yes, it always happens every second decade, first Pixar, then DreamWorks.I think it even goes to Bluth times.

they should go to Nike for funds.

it's Get Out of the Way Whitey the movie

More like Accepting You're a White Dude and Can't Be a Protagonist: the Movie

Serious talk, but I wonder how they'll react when it's their turn to pass the torch someday. Will they just roll over and let the new one take over or fight until the death?

But he's red.

Agreed

>movie about cars has identity politics

we can't ran away it anymore, milk was spilled.