Mabel is Terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=5IIptKuhU6I

>Make a character off your sister
>She does shitty things because no character doesn't have flaws
>Subconsciously unable to address her flaws because scared might hurt sister's feelings
>Flaws just keep compiling and compounding with no satisfying resolution for the viewer
>Regarded as the most selfish, immature and unapologetic character by the fans at the end of the series while the characters unambiguously forgive her every time

Has basing a character off a family member EVER worked out well? She was a fucking duo-MC in an award-winning series and she's HATED by anyone who's actually gone back and analyzed her. She doesn't even stand up to the other 12 year old girls in the same series.

>durr i hate a character because Sup Forums tells me too
Bah litttle sheep

>Sup Forums

GF threads were pedobait they loved Mabel

>horrible nerd voice
>charisma-less presentation
>18 minute video

Hasn't this nigga heard brevity is the soul of wit? I can't stand the padding on YouTube videos, fuck that site and its algorithms

All the Gravity Falls characters are garbage
Mabel might be an unsatisfying shitty character, but at least she has fun scenes. On the other hand Dipper is one big blah.

>Horrible (((nerd))) voice
You were so close, but so far. Nice Satan trips tho

I hated her before I even came to co

She popular outside of Sup Forums. So I think this is probably just a circle jerk by three people.

(((Thanks,))) man

Most people don't care about quality, a fun quirky nothing character will be enough to satisfy them. It's just annoying because they could've easily written Mabel better and it seemed like that's where her character was heading, but nah.

Tumblr loves her, but tumblr can't admit faults where faults are due in female characters

She's 12! is repeated in a mantra while ignoring - so was Pacifica? She was literally a villain and she turned out more likeable than an MC

>Dipper is literally the sun which the plot orbits around
>Blah

??? Explain

Fucking Gideon turned out more likable than Mabel

I dunno about that. The whole 'I have a criminal army and Mabel in my grasp but you said it's bad so suddenly I will help you even though it will 100% lead to my imprisonment and torture by an all-powerful demon' was

uhhhhhh. It was development but it seemed to spring out of nowhere considering how the other 40 episodes went

So protagonists are automatically interesting characters because the plot revolves around them?

No. He's just a safe protagonist with no interesting qualities or arc outside the typical "whimpy nice guy self-insert MC becomes more confident over the series", not that they even pulled that trope off well. He barely even feels engaged in the plot, he's present but it doesn't lead to any good character moments except maybe mishearing how Stan thinks he's a disappointment.

Why does every "nerd criticism" video have to open up with sycophantic praise.

What do you mean?

Right when the video opens, he has to remind the viewer how much he loved the show.

People forget how shit Dipper was in the shitty Wendy episodes. And yeah only Sup Forums seems to not like Mabel. Also, Alex was apparently more Mabel than Dipper and his sister had to sacrifice all her dreams for him, not the other way around, supposedly.

I really enjoyed his obsession with the paranormal, but I agree it could have been better

Both Mabel and Dipper could have been more interesting if Bill had taken over Dipper's body to do Armageddon since, I assume, his 'you're my puppet' thing didn't have a specified time limit on it

Mabel having to grow up and fight her controlled brother and free him would have been way cooler than fucking Mabeland

source

Still, doesn't undo the fact that Mabel's flaws are never really addressed and she never apologizes for Weirdmageddon or Mabelland. Dippy Fresh was fucked up as shit too

Sounds like a rehash

The difference is, DIPPER GETS CALLED ON IT!

I know, but I was just waiting for the Bill Eyes during Not What He Seems and was disappointed that Bill never really took advantage of that

>First minute of video involves kissing Hirsch ass
I hate when critics do this. You don’t have to blow the people you criticize before passing judgment on their work. I especially find it annoying with Gravity Falls, considering people outside Sup Forums treat the show with kid gloves, as if the show can’t be picked apart or called out because it was one of the better animated shows of this decade.

>because it was one of the better animated shows of this decade.

which is frankly feint praise at best.

>gravity falls threads banned because some pedos posted
>loud house, only for pedos, goes on unimpeded

dark times for Sup Forums, I wanted to discuss lore

>I wanted to discuss lore

I want lore to go to hell. I want shows to focus on telling strong week to week episodes instead of trying to make everything into a epic narrative when they quite clearly, can't write one.

Not What He Seems was so fucking hype though, man

We had fun picking everything apart but raised our expectations too high and the finale was a BIG disappointment

If he didn't open up with how much he loved Gravity Falls than half the comments would be railing him for making fun of the "bestest show evar"

This

It's been talked about that she wanted to go to college but the family gave her college fund to Alex to make cartoons, I think she now has and advanced degree and is a doctor or therapist or something but had to work retail for a decade first so he could party at CalArts.

The no time limit never coming up was kind of lame. Also Mabel should have had to save the day somehow, agreed.

>Well, Ma. Which of our kids dreams should we support? The daughter, wants to become a doctor and make the world a better place, or our son who wants to draw silly pictures.

I mean cash generating wise it happened to work out but it's at least as likely to have not since even with the CA degree that's a rough field, most don't get their own shows.

I know Sup Forums only gives a shit about the actual source material but this was brought up in the book. Mabel does acknowkedge atleast a few times that she was wrong and needed to apologize to Dipper.

Of course it is inexcuseable to not have this in the show, seems like it was damage control.

Stop shilling your channel, this video is full of borrowed Sup Forums opinions and your video on season 3 of Rick and Morty was fucking awful you brainlet. Also your voice sucks dick. Even that kid who does the Are They Gay? videos sounds better than you.

Yes we know, but can we try discussing something new about her being terrible?

I for one think that a pet is worth more than a date with a girl who's out of your league, despite Mabel still being a shitcunt in that episode, and I also think that having not-Nsync as your personal slaves is worth sacrificing some friendships that you've only had for a few weeks that're going to end once the summer does.

Yes she is

Of course she is

>implying the hatred for Mabel's character came from Sup Forums

Also no need to devolve your argument into petty insults against the channel.

I was hoping it's E;R.

That edgelord contrarian whose videos where he nitpicks movies to death like a CinemaSins video and makes forced anime meme "jokes"?

[citation needed]

how? Gideon also made deals with Bill to fuck over Gravity Falls and the Pines Family. He also did it wittingly while Mabel had to be tricked and persuaded by magic.

Both made shitty mistakes but Gideon clearly understood what he was doing.

Her voice actor pisses me off, she's gross because she's too happy.

Impossible, it would have taken longer for this to come out.

You are just depressed.

Ironically, GF threads started to hate Mabel when they became filled with almost exclusively pedobait. Most of the child-lust was aimed at Dipper and Pacifica.

Because every time a nerd opens his mouth and voices a complaint, he's written off as a rude whiner and his argument dismissed completely. Especially so nowadays when anyone, even normalfags, giving negative feedback gets called a hater and met with backlash.

And let's not forget the classic "lol if you didn't like it, then why did you watched it?!"

>Mansplaining

I thought that Dipper was supposed to be Alex Hirsh's sister, and Mabel was supposed to be Alex himself. You know, he just simply switched the genders.

Dipper had to give up the one single chance he had of being with Wendy just so she could have a pig, as well as the one chance to fulfill his lifelong dream with Ford just to get her to escape her own nightmare fantasy realm by ensuring that he'd always be with her and give up anything and everything for her. Hell, we can even include giving up the chance to make the world a better place when Waddles became a super genius if we want. We could include a LOT of things.

But what did Mabel ever give up for Dipper? What did she do for him in the endgame? Not a damn thing. She just acts like a spoiled brat to the 11th power and gets her way for it with no consequences, whether she's called out on it or not.

That's what makes her so irritating and what makes the finale even more frustrating. Her being based off of Alex's real twin sister doesn't automatically make it better or okay. The whole universe feels centered around Mabel whenever she gets upset and wants something and it bends over backwards to make sure she gets it at the expense of others. Mainly Dipper.

Fantasy or not, that's bullshit.

>video begins with "I HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR ALEX HIRSCH"
im not watching this cuck shit

It's kinda funny how Star Butterfly has basically become the second coming of Mabel, only even worse.

According to Alex, they were both Mabel.

3 episodes into this, does it get better? I can't fucking stand this cunts voice or the actual actress.

Yeah

Finale is shit though but the rest is fun

Don't lie to yourself. You'd be banging your head against a wall if you had to watch more episodes focused on Gideon. We all would.

Oh wow you people are still butthurt about the SU videos?

>people on Sup Forums
>butthurt about criticisms on SU
Dude, do you think we're on Tumblr or something?

You're the tumblrest board on Sup Forums

Then who was Dipper???

Dipper also shared similarities with both of them

That was just Mabel. She’s less overly exuberant on Bobs Burgers and American Dad.

How? Star spent a whole season suffering for her mistakes. BfM was basically her and her mother correcting the mistakes they made through the past two seasons. Mabel gets criticized for not getting shit for her actions.

But still not Tumblr.
Bell peppers are milder than japapenos by comparison, but you wouldn't say that bell peppers weren't actual peppers, nor would you call them sweet. Same thing applies to Sup Forums.

It was you all along.

How so?

What about cartoons that get character development right?

They don’t exist here.

And then Star spends the rest of Season 3 doing whatever she wants and always getting her way because "I'm a princess! I can do what I want!" and junk. I'm hoping that they're setting up for that to majorly backfire later on and really fuck her over because otherwise, it's dragged the show down immensely for me.

Although, I suppose not all of the blame can go to her (or Eclipsa). Marco has a huge hand in her unchecked behavior as of late.

God, I'm STILL mad about the Jackie and Hekapoo episodes. At least there's Kelly to still give me a break from Star being a headache, but that won't last long.

Stargirl was made by Geoff Johns in honor of his dead little sister and she's a great character who's written well.

[citation needed]

>Hirsch didn't make Padippica canon
>gaaah I hate him he should die

Stay classy Sup Forums.

I could give less of a fuck towards SU, Im talking about his other reviews in general like the Fury Road one where he thinks the movie is garbage because the setting is too stupid for him and everything Furiousa does is a political statement on how women are powerful. He also criticized the movie because it didn't feed him exposition.

If this is the guy I'm thinking of he's a Sup Forumstard who shills his shit shamelessly on Sup Forums by making thread after thread for his shitty videos which are just REEEEEE people disagree with me politically that makes their shows bad from what I could stand to watch. Shills should fuck off. YouTube "personalities," too.

No actual argument, I see

>people still aren't over the way Mabel is
Jesus christ, you people are sad

You know I've yet to see an actual argument against her being a bad character in this thread

Literally when has anyone ever said that in this thread?

I still think it's sad.
We know she's a bad character, we dance this song and dance at least 4 times a week.
Can we stop having threads like this now please?
If you want lewds go to /aco/ otherwise there is no reason to make Mable the main topic of a GF discussion thread.

Witchfag, I assume?

I guess the point is even if a character is absolute shit making a thread about how they are shit literally every fucking day for years and years after a show has ended is outright mental. There's other weird shit going on. In this case, too, with the actual target audience, Mabel was the most popular character by a mile. A few internet autists on Sup Forums having some sort of hateboner for a random character is just bizarre, and I'm guessing it is just a handful of people with some strange fixation with her spamming these threads all the time.

Nigga you stupid!

Mabel is adorkable!