The jobs are never coming back. And even if they did, they would all be automated

The jobs are never coming back. And even if they did, they would all be automated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zicmm0nSzEM
theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/14/china-threatens-to-cut-sales-of-iphones-and-us-cars-if-naive-trump-pursues-trade-war
recode.net/2014/9/23/11631182
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>automation meme
>again

>specific policies implemented that caused the jobs to pack up and move overseas
>lol there's absolutely nothing we can do about it now! :^)

*sniff*
W R O N G

I dunno man. All day long I see tradespeople in trucks driving around town doing shit a robot couldn't even figure out how to do, let alone do.

And they're not even necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed a lot of time.

who maintains all this automation? I'm certain robots arent advanced enough to fix each other on a constant basis.

Right. Because we're going to have our bridges and roads rebuilt by Johnny 5

Illinois didn't vote for Trump so they don't deserve jobs anyway.

OP is a timid little boi that doesn't know how to think big and win bigly.

>The jobs are never coming back. And even if they did, they would all be automated.
OK fuck off with your "reality" , we're role-playing here! MAGA God Emperor Trump will make America like 1950s all white people will have great middle class jobs!!! not only America even Slovenia through Melania Trump! Everything wil lbe fine now that Trump won, my existential anguish will be gone and all will be well, I will find meaning in life now, right? right?

Somehow idiots keep thinking its the auto jobs we're exclusively worried about. Seriously, talk about uninformed. Then again, presuming you're from the coast/elsewhere, this doesn't surprise me.

I agree. Trump is a complete economic illiterate.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zicmm0nSzEM

Every single libshit on earth throu out space and time...... BTFO

>"drumpf is economically illiterate!"
>hammer and sickle intro splash screen

Kick. Ass. i cant wait for johnny 5s

*leans over to mic*
wrong

Someone has to run the machines, shill, also we need to produce shit or we die as a country.

>team up with russia, india, sk, and japan
>genocide china

Plus the whole genociding thing will create plenty of jobs.

The Chinese spent the 90's building the infrastructure (with slave labor) to match the U.S. We stupidly gave this up because we incentivized outsourcing.

Moving 100 Chinese factory jobs to America will probably be more like 25-50 American factory jobs with automation. But the benefit is you get the side industries again: packaging, small electronics, rare Earth minerals mining (which we don't do anymore because it's cheaper to send slaves to do it in China), etc.

Even if the costs of goods go up with Americans making them, we have a real purpose other than shoveling Big Macs into each others mouths. There's also something we can gain again which has no monetary value, and that's pride in what you are doing. An electrician or a welder or a CNC machinist is the labor of an honest tradesman, not some fucking waitress or blogger. I work at an office where at least 10% of the workforce would be much happier working with their hands instead of being some cubicle drone.

the US can't even get into space anymore on its own
did that get automated away?
admit it, you just don't want to work.

would rather have it be automated here then a sweatshop in china. a few jobs are better then no jbos

*jobs

will-ll he get us gfs or at least make 2D real?

then the factories will pay taxes at least

Why isn't New York red? Places like Buffalo form the rust belt too.

You think the common line worker knows how to maintain machinery like those? They would need a degree. Cant just churn those out.

US manufacturing it still going up, libshit. Your libbylardo friends aren't getting jobs comparable to 1950s US workers if they even get one. Enjoy the culling.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DRUMPF BTFO

It's not as hard as you'd think and if there were good jobs in doing it, it wouldn't be hard to get people on board learning it.

Shit, we could meet Bernie voters half way and have "Free Education" for any 2 year trade/apprenticeship program. They'd learn how to do a real skill and not have to write book reports about shitty books women wrote.

I think we would do a combo of sorts.

1. Bring the jobs back.
2. Free college or technical training offered to the working class.

Then they would be certified to work those new jobs, and make middle class wages again so they could have families, and actually stay put in the rural areas rather than having to move to the cities for work.

You'd also make the Bernie crowd happy with proposal number 2. With these ideas, we could solidify a permanent Republican majority for years, kind of like what the Democrats had from 1930-1954.

I think you'd even see the return of working class blacks back to the Republican party.

Furthermore with automation, we could finally automate a lot of women's jobs and get them out of the workforce and back into the nuclear family.

Then the leftover jobs could be given to working class men with free education. We could raise taxes on the 1% to pay for the education.

Fuck off you sheltered jew york city kike. You really think services are actual economic contributions? Insurance companies, banks, investment firms, Wall Street culture and stock brokers and currency speculators etc, telecommunications "services" and various payment "services" and all that shit involving Monopoly money of no real value. That's 99% of NYC's economic contributions and it's all Ashkenazi nonsense. A business class culture of semitic degeneracy. Not actual real work or labor or anything. Require skill and intellect. Just cunning and sophistry and rhetoric. Political think tanks too. All disgusting pyschopathic jewish bullshit. Enjoy your 5k/month 800 sq foot apartment overlooking ugliness and everything wrong with our country.

NYC needs to be nuked off the face of the planet

I think everybody in Illinois outside Chicago deserves jobs.

Popular vote controlled by NYC plus, as is typical for the rust belt, the old people factory working class types tend to be democrats for life.

when will the automation meme die?

In the 1800s half the country was in agriculture, now it's less than 2% yet we don't have 48% unemployment?

People have been saying this since the industrial revolution yet Reddit thinks it's the first generation ever to see it.

Why no love for the Windy City?

They don't need "a degree" they'd need a bit of technical training.

The jobs are coming back, whether everyone else likes it or not. It might not be the Industrial Revolution 2.0, but we're going to be producing more than we used to. We had a big thread on this last night.

The rest of the world is about to step off Mr. Schlomo's Wild Ride only to hop directly onto Uncle Sam's Crazy Coaster.

>angry flyover
You're getting replaced with machines. Have fun at the libbylardo rendering plant.

>not coloring top half of michigan
wow it's like you wanted me to hate you
sage and hidden, faggot.

They suck liberal cock like their life depends on it

Because it is the cancer that drags down the entire Midwest with its fucking corruption.

>Robots do all the jobs
>Still puts the factory in Mexico

Something doesn't add up.

Holy FUCK! This guy is right!!! We all should have voted for Hillary!!!!!

Chicago causes the state to be blue almost by itself.

Not with that attitude, faggot.

Sage in every field.

did trump promise to restore the rustbelt to its glory days?

Give back rightful Wisconsin clay

You lost. Get over it criminal.

True. But he does make a good point. A lot of the menial tasks will likely be automated. They already are to some extent.

What I'm predicting is that we will shorten the work week overall in the future.

China threatens to cut sales of iPhones and US cars if 'naive' Trump pursues trade war

theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/14/china-threatens-to-cut-sales-of-iphones-and-us-cars-if-naive-trump-pursues-trade-war

This is your average robot worker.

Notice anything?

China needs the US a hell of a lot more than the US needs China.

>China stops buying American goods.
>Entire economy is built on exports.
>something like 100m+ young men out of work, take to the streets
>Ask Gaddafi how this ends

Blue collar jobs have been leaving for the last 30 years. Can anyone explain in specifics how Trump's policies will reverse decades of globalization in 4-8 years?

yes change the tariffs

I've worked in plants with robots, and even programmed them. We still had plenty of humans doing work in those plants.

But even if you guys are right, and there will be no humans working in those plants (LOL). It still means our trade deficit will be lower and those businesses would be paying taxes in our country.

>But the benefit is you get the side industries again: packaging, small electronics, rare Earth minerals mining (which we don't do anymore because it's cheaper to send slaves to do it in China), etc.

I don't think ppl realize how much of a positive impact supply chains can have on an economy. Every part of an Iphone has to come from somewhere.

I also don't think they realize how much of a markup Apple puts on iPhones. Something like 80% of the retail price is pure profit for them.

The nanosecond it becomes cheaper to hire a blue collar worker in the US, they will be hired. The dumbass government and globalist corporations made it cheaper to outsource, so they were outsourced.

>needing a degree
>ever

You dont need people with an engineering or comp sci degree to fix things. You need people who can be trained around a piece of hardware or software and know enough about it in order to triage what is wrong with it. Do you really think an electrician who shows up at your door is the same guy who helped build and create the electrical grid? Fuck no, and its the same deal for any hardware.

>Lower peninsula colored in
>upper peninsula left unfilled

I'm actually ok with making them a 51st state

Isn't funny how liberals talk about human rights and raising the minimum wage to a living wage, but then don't want to stop outsourcing to China because "muh cheap iPhones."

recode.net/2014/9/23/11631182
Costs them about $200 in parts and labor to build one.

I KNOW

an automated plant is better than no plant.

And it's not the jobs that bring prosperity, it is cheap goods factories produce that brings prosperity.

>shit on the kitchen floor is better than shit on the carpet because easier to clean

Once the protectionist tariffs are in place, businesses will return their production blocs stateside to avoid massive immediate loss of profit. Once the American economy begins to recover, Trumpite politics will rule the day and your precious globalization will be BTFO for the foreseeable future

You dad also came back, albeit drunk and dissappointed because of you.

>kike is mad because his daddy will only be able to buy 8 yachts now instead of 9

I laugh every time

During the 80s, 90s, and now 2010s whenever that region votes Republican it is referred to as the "Rust Belt".

No one expects the mythical $20/hour assembly line job coming back.

When politicans run on anti-trade, anti-immigration, and anti-islam it lets real non-hyphenated Americans know they are with them.

Also I am p sure Michigan's economy has a large information tech sector. The jew who owns Quicken is buying up large portions of Detroit for example.

Good
T.guy who fixes automation

Protectionist economic policies. It's a fairly basic concept. Basically you employ tarifs, import taxes, subsidization and tax breaks for domestic businesses in order to make it cheaper to produce things domestically than abroad.

That si what they said about self checkouts at my local Jewel. They are gone now.

get fucked shilldawg

:3

THIS!

I worked in a robotic factory, it is not like the movies. Machines break, machines make mistakes, and don't know when they do.

Your job in an automated factory, is maintainence, repair, and quality control. This actually makes the employee a lot more valuable rather than easily replaceable as leftists have been pretending is the case to make up for their fuck ups. A country where our manufacturing is done here with robots instead of at bayonet point by survivors of the Tianem Square Massacre would be fucking great!

The jobs the baby boomers had where you can show up hung over or stoned and push an impact wrench in all day are over yeah. The ones in robotic factories are more engaging and you have to be sober and alert or you'll get fucked up.

The local high tech universities and companies would fold in a matter of weeks if they weren't all staffed by H1Bs.

Plenty of citizens could be filling those roles.

was he ok

You don't even need to scrap H-1Bs, just slap a minimum salary of something like $250k on them. Right now they're used to undercut Americans. There is no 'tech skills shortage'.

EXACTLY this.

>that video
Moving those jobs back to America will save lives.

They were hard-pressed to find anything wrong with him.

Why would you not turn it off before getting that close. Natural selection at work fucking hell.

Whatever works. Just end the undercutting. When one of the last things we have (higher education) is such a major export at the expense of putting our own kids into government-mandated debt slavery, you know, forget the deck chairs and looking for a life boat, it's time to tie yourself to a rock and jump into the frozen seas.

Story behind this? He looks like he got fucked up internally more than anything and a shit ton of skin ripped off.

that's true though, if my dog shits inside I'd much rather it be on tile or wood flooring than carpet

You have to understand that China is the most dangerous place in the world to work. There are no safety protocols, there's not really any worker protection standards. They'll sooner build a net around the building to keep you from committing suicide than turning that machine off for one second.

wow. racist and sexist much?

"98555555"

I identify as a lesbian black womyn, check your privilege, shitlord

Like I said, you have to be sober on your job. A relative of mine got his arm torn off in a factory job. I wasn't there, but I know he's always been a stoner and a drunk and assume that was a factor.

I'm guessing the new factory jobs will require mandatory drug testing for insurance reasons.

Personally I suck at that type of work because when I work to repair something, I work slower than the other guys there. But I have mad respect for those who can do the job.

>jobs here becoming automated, improving technology and creating more engineer jobs
>somehow worse than shipping the jobs overseas

U forgot to colour the peninsula

>mandatory drug testing
Uh, racist much?

This is what collegefags actually believe.

Of course it's true. But in either case it's still shit.

It should go outside like any sane animal.

Think back to what working life was like in the late 19th century America. You were expected to get so much done in your shift or you'd lose your job to one of the thousands of desperate jobless people. That's where China is at now. So this guy was probably trying to fix something without shutting down the machine and losing precious time.

this so much

also remember: moving industry back to america from china will DEVASTATE the chinese economy. that alone is worth doing it.

UP finally gets jobs

Get back in you oven, rabbi.

You know every time they smog their cities it blows on over to us? Fuck the Chinese, really.

There will still be fewer jobs, if there weren't there would be no point in automating