JSA Storytime Addendum

Good evening, owls.

Let's read Cinder and Ashe.

And here we go

I always forget how kind of weird her coloring is

I see what you mean.
It is mood enhancing though

Ah, dumb luck!

I'm not a french speaker, but from my limited experience with it in school, this stuff reads much more naturally than what you get in other comics
*cough* Gambit *cough*

Hey ODave. Bourbon sounds like a good idea...

Any particularly egregious examples outside of the obvious?

All I have is some birthday tequila.

Jenette Kahn is far too fequently ignored in discussion of women in comics.

I have serious doubts that the current generation of 'feminist' comic book fans even know her name.

I already like this.
Movie adaptation when?

I remember a few pages of Northstar and Aurora speaking to each other in poorly constructed sentences, but most of the time it is simply the writer throwing a french word in here and there. I wish I remember where I saw it, but I have seen an un-conjugated word thrown in before.
There aren't a lot of mainstream characters who speak french frequently.
It's basically a storyboard for a movie, given how many cutaways to flashbacks there are in it.

Ah, well, double edged sword there.

Because who cares about the comic, no?

I think poor sales and stupid designs killed them.

I like this Peeg outfit more than the boob window one

Having read this after it showed up in the Question ads....it's about as uninteresting as the Mongos are grey

Same

>Jurgens

>Jurgens
not sure what you were expecting Dave

I wasn't expecting it to be worse than the SyFy Channel version!

Man, it's real easy to make a guy shady with that 70s Mustasche. Chops and Mullet combo, aint' it?

The perfect character for the Thighmaster epoch.

So the next Titans preview is up. Yet another OH NO THE TITANS ARE BREAKING UP story ft Lian's parents

At least Pelletier is on art instead of Booth so it'll look nice.

Damn, Titans was so in my periphery that I believed Flash War's claim it had been cancelled

FUCK YEAH GARCIA LOPEZ

i will hang out and post

If you're reading that then it's what you deserve.

It is cancelled, just around when No Justice comes out.

I know people here were tihnking it would be cancelled when the first ~breaking up~ solicit came out.

I hope you're ready for Titans show synergy. And Young Justice synergy.

>Pelletier is on art
Is that Paul again? He did some art for that older Titans series too, specificallly the Cheshire and Troia stories.

It'll be neat to see Hawk and Dove again

Fuck yeah, Cinder and Ashe. I have a lovely B&W hardcover spanish edition which I got JLGL to sign so when I found some scans of the original I was a bit... surprised by Cinder's colors.

Oh shit, a B&W hardcover sounds amazing.
Plus that spoiler - lucky!

Speaking of Hardcovers, Loeb's Challengers of the Unknown got a snazzy new HC.

Yea. His art was good on Aquaman so I'm wondering why he hasn't been on an ongoing since. He's certainly not one of the big artists that DC yanks off of books to do special projects and events.

>Hawk and Dove
>neat
No.

That took longer that I expected. I kinda figured he was adopting her for rape related reasons.

Ashe is Cajun, so him speaking two languages only half competently is pretty much right.

Northstar and Aurora speaking bad French probably stems from Byrne being Albertan and everyone else to write them not being Canadian at all.

Garcia Lopez drawing a damn bendis comic smdh

Yeah, who cares about getting Gerry Conway and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez more money? Fuck those guys!

lol @ these dudes DKR facepaint

Those graphic novels were the last bit of editing Julie Schwartz ever did for DC.

I don't know how we're meant to fell about Scwartz now, though- He was an instrumental part of DC Comics for decades, but he was also a serial harasser.

Shout outs to the movie with FULL HAM Brian Blessed hawkmen?

Well, Vultan gets the requisite line.
I prefer it to the time Parker used it in any case. It's more understated.

Now I'm disappointed we don't live in a timeline where Hobo Hawkman from the SyFy show didn't say it

>bendis comic smdh
?

JLGL is drawing Bendis' Action Comics 1000 story I think

Now those are some outfits.