CGI from 2001

>CGI from 2001
>Still looks pretty good

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fSdf3U0xZM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was all live action made to look like cgi.

This. Shrek shouldn't technically be on this board. Mike Myers' ogre suit was a work of art.

actually shrek was done with puppets so it counts for Sup Forums

it was actually made 18 years in the future and then sent back in time

Bullshit. I know donkey and the dragon were puppets, but Mike Myers made such a big deal out of being in the ogre suit 100% of the time and doing his own stunts.

So you're saying Mike Myers had an extra layer?

Definitely aged better than those other dreamworks costumes

Well, I also heard he was method for the whole shoot and only ate onions. Everyone hated him for it, but the product speaks for itself.

>>Still looks pretty good
you LIE

DreamWorks and Pixar were the gold standard of CGI animation during the early 2000's. No one else was putting out anything that looked as good.

That was a shameful time. The costume designer strike of '06-'07 hit the industry hard.

Is it true he assaulted his agent after finding him in his trailer and yelling WHAT ARE YE DOIN IN MAH SWAMP?

He was so close to being fired. His agent was only in there because he was trying to clean up Mike's mess.

At one point Mike ran an hose into his trailer to turn it into an actual swamp. Man was a legend.

I think she was my first Sup Forums crush, god damn why did we get fat high school grinch instead

Wait, I thought this movie was entirely CGI and not motion capture at all

>What went right?

SOME

leave

>"it's the inner self that is important"
>turns into a monster anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=fSdf3U0xZM4

>Fiona in those green tights

i know right? dayum!

i feel like they really nailed the facial features very well
though some looked weird at times, it never bothered to reach that weird uncanny valley threshold

look at shrek, hes supposed to be a terrifying swamp ogre
but really his looks aint that terrifying, in fact hes plain as fuck

Remember where you are. You are on Sup Forums.

All CGI made with enough money after NURBS looks decent. But the pic is clearly dated:

>No proper subsurface scattering.
>The normals of the dress are fucked up.
>They hair locked weird when moving, no proper hair physics.

You know, your post makes me realize that I've never ever seen /e/-tier art of ogre Fionna. I figured that her combination of plumpness and green skin would have made her a popular figure for that sort of thing.

Shrek had top-of-the-line CGI so it still looks pretty good, but some design elements especially the color schemes used clearly date it to the 2000s.

>muh subsurface scattering
i hope you faggots all die a horrible death, you keep spamming this shit as if it were a meme, when in reality it only makes like 2% of difference, that 99,9% off every viewer doesn't even notice.

The CGI in OPs looks good, but this is where you start noticing the age: the textures, shades, the lack of proper depth between the characters too.

>The memories of owning the Shrek DVD.
I fucking watched that karaoke short way too much.

the dress looks fine, what do you mean?

imagine having taste this shit.

it was like 17 years ago and i was 12

good joke user, good joke.

Do you not like Cameron Diaz's voice?
Because I totally had a crush on her back then.

I had Shrek VHS, still do in fact dont know if the player works tho.

Kek

I haven't even seen much human fiona

>I figured that her combination of plumpness and green skin would have made her a popular figure for that sort of thing.

It's because Fiona's ogre form isn't idealized or fetishistic. She has smaller tits and is shorter in her ogre form.

>Tfw mum threw out every single vhs we owned except Austin Powers Goldmember.

I drew that character on a pillow with permanent marker and cuddled with her, my mom found it when I was like 20 because I didn't even remember it was in the attic and she asked me if I fhb nn em n sai but yes, entire sex

I actually saw Shrek 2 because I saw a VHS in the discount bin in a mall near my house when It was just released the home release, so I was like, hey, why not? lel

Final Fantasy: the spirits within
It was posible to do awesome CGI movies. Another good example is Toy Story

>fhb nn em n sai
Are you ok user?

my

I want to FUCK Dragon!

swamp

it's all ogre

>All new surprise ending
>They put it on the cover and ruin the surprise.

He looked like a black dude, that's pretty scary.

Someone had passion and a massive hardon.
The project leader on Fionas model blew through a ton of the budget to build his waifu and they had to reign him in and make her look more artificial as she appeared way too real.

This film came out way too early for the fetishfags.

Who won?

Ogre Fiona is hotter imo.

Your eyesight just went bad.
2001 was 17 years ago.