So he's A-List now right?

So he's A-List now right?

No A-Lister sells worse than Nightwing.

For 2-5 years depending on how good the film is.

He needs another great run like the Priest one

Lmaaaaooooooooooooo no?

wont be selling worse after the album drops fella

He sold less than Black Bolt and Spider-Gwen in December. It is hard to even call him B-list.

If marvel start to shill him everywhere like they did to Iron Man then yes

They buttfucked captain america and Thor in the comics and cartoons so their popularity will not last more than a generation though

is Blade A-List?

He used to be on the 90s and 00s just as popular as deadpool is now

In terms of comic sales maybe for a little bit but that'll wane.
In terms of notice, yes.

Was antman after his movie? How about DR strange? Panther will be forgotten like all other marvel characters except, Cap, Ironman, Hulk and the Xmen.

Dr. Strange got an ongoing for the first time in years and has it going safely for the forseeable future, while Ant-Man got cancelled shortly after Marvel pulled another line-wide reboot.

No. Hes B list at best. Marvel has very few characters non Americans recognize.

It's no longer a matter of recognizability, it's about brand. If there's a Marvel movie, people will show, worldwide.

In what metrics? In the comic world? No. B-lister, at best. In movies? Also a B-lister, but a solid B.

I don't think the movie will sell a single comic book. None of the other movies did, which is something Marvel should really start thinking about at some point.

But I think his stock has risen dramatically, and if the movie does well and gets a sequel, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a Black Panther animated series in a few years.

B for sure. He's had better runs than some A lists though. Hell, he was great in Hickmans New Avengers.

To be fair, Ant-man and Strange aren't being overhyped nearly as much. They're just another Capeshit flick, Black Panther is being sold as an important movie for this generation.
I guess it remains to be seen how much people really care about something like Black Panther.

To be fair, they did the same shit at DC and it was hugely successful to the point retards thought it should've been in the film of the year announcements at the oscars.

The Dark Knight was legitimately a cultural event, though, to a much greater extent than any one film in the MCU, and the DCEU has been chasing that dragon for years.

No one ever photoshopped Obama to look like Ultron, after all.

The movies probably don't move many single issues, but I'm sure the trades end up selling pretty well. Casuals are much more likely to go to a book store or order a trade off of Amazon than go to a comic shop.

Marvel put out an Epic Collection of Panther's Rage, has finally collected all of Priest's run and unfortunately Hudlin's run is also getting a complete collection similar to Priest's.

It's not going to make him A-list, but it will move product.

Oh sorry, I meant Wonder Woman.

>Tony, Cap and Thor could have dominated marvel comics all day everyday and ascended to A list status
>LET'S REPLACE THEM WITH OC, CANCER PATIENT AND NAZI
10/10 marvel

He’s still N-list.

llllllllllOOOOOOOOOOllllllllllllll

No

Except Tony is back, Jane was always going to die (and Thor never went anywhere, even though Jane outsold him) and that was an alternate Cap, OG is back too. But that's none of my business.

Frankly ant man just works better in film than comics.

>highest pre-sale tickets of any superhero movie ever
He's A-list for at least a week
That Ant Man run was awesome though. It sucks it was cancelled when it was really at a great point.

Everything he stated happened, just the fact it wasn't going to last forever doesn't nullify it

Both had variant covers, Nigger Panther on average is selling a little better.

The funny thing is, Ironman can't sell a fucking comic, outside of the Bendis shilling with overshiping his books and covers out the ass, Ironman sells like a C lister.

Literally bigger than ANY DC character

The only comic A lister is Batman with Spider-Man behind him.

in regards to the shit that is important... movies, merch, soon to be cartoons... yeah, he is getting real close to A list.

Infinity War will help him even more

>So he's A-Hole now right?
FTFY

>so their popularity will not last more than a generation though
Which will still be 3 times longer than Batman or Superman

Hi Ladderbro.

>Stronger than Superman

OK kid. There's a lot to be said for Superman being an American icon

No, Ladderbro is the user who has posted the same images with the same filenames since before Man of Steel

Then stop talking like him, shill.

>There's a lot to be said for Superman being an American icon
Maybe 40 years ago now it's all about Captain America

It already had one, only six episodes

Spencer pls

He's selling less than 25K. Even Aquaman sold above that.

>Even Aquaman sold above that.
Too bad his movie won't

user.. no-one gives a shit about cap, he's just that dude with a shield to the majority of people.

MEMBER WHEN NO ONE GAVE A SHIT ABOUT BLACK PANTHER UNTIL THE MOVIE? I've never met a Black Panther fan or anyone who says they are legit looking forward to any new ongoing but it must be awful for them to have a bunch of normies suddenly latch onto the character just because Disney are pushing it as some sort of movement.

And how many Superman movies made over a billion dollars?

Are you sure you're not Ladderbro?

vv

Aquaman is helped by a good story and art

He's around where GOTG are now I'd say which is significantly better than D-List where he was before

No, I'm Ladderbro.

If someone from Africa or South America can identify who he is then yes he is A-list.

Reeve's probably did if you adjust for inflation

Not his style user, lurk more

>None of the other movies did, which is something Marvel should really start thinking about at some point.
Disney and Marvel Studios don't really give a shit how the comics themselves sell though

The only Marvel movies that gross over $1B all have RDJ/Iron Man in them. CA:CW made over $1B because of Iron Man.

> $300M (1978) ~ $1.1B (2017)
That's pretty crazy now that I look at it. This movie was bonkers huge in its time.

So one movie might have way back when people had nothing else to watch if you fudge the numbers a bit

Wow such an icon

>failed basic econ
fudging number is not accounting for inflation.

The top 11 Superhero movies by domestic tickets sold all broke 1 billion, adjusted for inflation. (Civil War being #11)

It's comic books, change is rarely ever permanent, he should know better.

Eh, that's the wrong image, IM isn't #10 any more.

This is the right image.

That doesn't discredit their merit as characters and the way they've become fan favorites. It's like GOTG, no one aside from niche comic book fans knew about them, years later I have my mom asking me if there's more of their films coming out soon.
Comic book sales are still low for MBT titles but since it's a dying industry that's shifting focus towards trades, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Bendis is gone and that means Riri is gone. Thor sales are basically flat. And real cap was made into the Nazi, they comics logic'd a memory of OG cap into existence to replace Nazi cap at the end of that abomination of a story. The cap that had been around from the 1940s died a Nazi and what amounts to his clone is now cap.

As far as BP, B-list in the comics and probably a central member of the avengers or illuminati or whatever they do after avengers 4 in the films.

Honestly given how poorly big two comics have been doing going on a decade, especially Marvel, and how popular CBMs are becoming, should we even gauge the popularity of characters (like A, B, C-list) on just the comics' popularity anymore?

I feel like total exposure in all media matters a lot more.

No.

Thor and iron man are not A-listers yet. Only Hulk is. And Spiderman is S-tier.

what is his superpower except being black?

Hulk isn't even B list anymore. His star has risen and fallen

Ok, Spidey is S-tier you say, but why is Hulk A list?
Hulk's comics are some of the worse shit marvel produces, last time I remember God of Thunder was moving more units than Mark Waid's run and a side book combined, and his two movies were massive flops in a time were Batman and Spidey were doing 900-Billion dollars.
Hulk's comics still don't sell, he still won't be in the flagship teams or part of the big events, how is he A lister?
Popularity? Thing was super popular, but look at him now.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure guys like Bucky or Loki have more Tumblr fangirls than Hulk has fans.

He's rich and had a father

Superman 1 and 2 if you adjust for inflation

inb4 you play retard and pretend that inflation does not exist and 1 dollar 50 years ago was worth the same thing a dollar is worth now

Stop talking about Batman

Batman will outlive the entire marvel, he already sell more comics than avengers and spiderman combined

and unlike Spiderman his comic sales are not dropping

I'd say Iron Man is A-list, just to due to movies. I agree with you on everything else.

What about the audience though? Just because in the present people pay more for a ticket it doesn't mean there aren't more of them around. We're talking about movies turning into "events", which isn't a thing that used to happen then and if anything, only in the US, not worldwide.

>The cap that had been around from the 1940s died a Nazi and what amounts to his clone is now cap.
If you want to be pedantic, the Cap that had been around from the 1940s died a fascist beating up Iron Man as the world ended around him. The post-Secret Wars cap is just a recreation that Reed Richards made using the power of the Beyonders, the same exact power source that Kobik derived her reality warping from. Meaning the current Kobik-created OG Cap is no less the "real" Cap than the one that got turned into Captain Hydra, since both were just exact facsimiles recreated using the reality warping powers of aliens from beyond the multiverse.

Well Black Panther has been the best selling Marvel trades seller for the past two years so yeah I guess

nigga majority of marvel books didnt sell shit for the last year this means nothing. the writers were pushing the sjw bullshit so hard comic readers dropped titles and switched to dc

Any movie that is successful turns their protagonist into an a-lister for awhile. Even Luke Cage and Jessica Jones had a lot of hype when their shows hit.

It doesn't work for most TV shows like Arrow and Agents of SHIELD because those are week to week, stretched out over 9 months. Unlike a movie release or Netflix dumping episodes all at once, which means all the talk and hype is centered around a single date.

Black Panther wasn't a big seller even when people were buying Marvel comics.

Being an ultra nationalist.