What do you guys think of the LOK comic?

What do you guys think of the LOK comic?

Pretty good but still has some flaws of the series. Shame I likely own't be able to get the FCBD issue out this year (I also lack the 2016 one but that's my fault).

Too much lesbian
Too little brother cop duo
Too much shitting on Mako

It's awful
Even if Gurihiru did the art, I wouldn't have read it

It’s stupid that Sozin hated gays and the air nomads loved them. The Airbender comics were so good at nuance, but the Korra ones just threw it out.

Lifeless eyes and inept background drawing, what more can I say? I don't want to shit on something, just for the sake of it, but it's bad and I don't think it deserves to be published and that's just on an artistic level. The writing is just as amateurish.

I wish this comic had never been made and that the world of avatar had ended on the strong note that the t.v series had left. Republic city, the blight, had been destroyed and everybody was having a party on air temple island.

>Sozin hated gays

That's why I haven't brought myself to read any of them yet. I read the ATLA comics and thought they were okay, but nothing special. Sozin ordering the Air Nomad genocide was all the evidence we needed that he was a monster. Making him a homophobe on top of that just feels extremely forced and doesn't leave me with any hope that the rest of the comic is worth reading.

Neither the comics nor LoK are canon, so the LoK comics are like double non-canon. So who cares?

True, it would have been more interesting if the Water Tribe was the anti-gay culture.

It is fucking awful. This will never be good unless Korra dies violently or gets hate.fucked into having a slutty baby. Either way unless she is ruined it won't be redeemed. God damn I really fucking hate her

Tell us how you really feel user.

>Too much lesbian
No such thing.

Makes Dave Willis's lesbian pandering seem subtle and nuanced.

cute.

Has a great non-bender villain who's just crazy enough to be scary, and it's about time Raiko got fucked and voted out of office so I like where the story's going with Zhu Li running for office. I'd have preferred the gang having more time to breathe after Book 4 instead of ramping right back up into a high-stakes story again.

Hot garbage. Nothing is interesting, and everything seems to be about being a vehicle for Korrasami, except for the new on cucking korrasami fans. So the one selling point they had, they're not providing apparently.

In a way they are "portrayed" to be, in a don't ask don't tell kinda way. But it's entirely irrelevant to anything.

Can someone tell me why Bolin is a cop now? It seems like a weird career choice after everything else he's done.

It's the worst!

So he'll have things to do in the comic. He's an MC after all, can't have the comics without him. Or any other MC.

Literally fanfiction.

But Bolin war hero film star in the Golden age of Avatar Hollywood is a much, MUCH better story.

Nothing. I barely even remember it exists most of the time.

But wouldn't that require Bolin being the mc of the comic? I don't see anyone wanting to read a LoK comic that isn't about Korra, which i think is a flaw of LoK btw. I really think it's just to have him around for the villain plot, and since the villain is a gangster they made him Makos sidekick.

>But wouldn't that require Bolin being the mc of the comic
True. I've only ever read this weeks storytime of the comic. But I felt like you could have spun a more interesting mini series on each of the characters than what's actually being delivered by trying to put them all together for an overarching story.

I think you're right about better stories. But Bryke has settled in on peddling the Korrasami stories, so you have to include Korra and Asami, and hae them be in focus.

I've heard on here that apparently Korrasami fans weren't happy with the newest part. So i can't imagine them buying a Bolin or Mako centric story.

I like the spirit/human conflict that's popped up after the creation of a new spirit portal right in the middle of a major metropolis

Humans want to monetize the spirit world, others are just pissed because they've lost their homes and have been displaced, and they brought back how being possessed by a spirit can physically mutate a human
And instead of dealing with all of that shit, Korra went on vacation and she's getting shit for that decision

These plots are more interesting than the show was half the time

Disheartful lack on hard anal fisting

I feel like it could be interesting, but i don't care about Tortuga or whatever his name is. And i feel confident that Raiko, the spirits and the homeless will end up wrong about the portal.

Also Korra getting shit for leaving felt to me like a stab at critics, and that we're supposed to feel like Raiko crossed the line bringing it up. I don't think he was though considering what he said was right, but we see all Korras friends support her point of view. Whereas those who are angry are all outsiders.

I like the cute Korrasami parts, the rest of it is just a waste of time.

>she's getting shit for that decision
Hardly. The story still plays her up as being in the right and Raiko and any others being bad for not supporting her. It was only in the previous issue that Korra's sudden lesbian vacation was questioned at all, which gave us , but that was swept under the rug anyway in favor of Korra's drama and Zhu Li shilling.

Raiko and everyone against human/spirit coexistence will definitely be wrong in the long run.

But for now I like that there are legitimate reasons for this conflict. Humans should be terrified of the spirits after what one of them did to Tokuga (or whatever his name is). They should be pissed that they've lost their homes and aren't getting fed because the Avatar let Kuvira gain as much power as she did. They should be pissed that Korra doesn't seem to know what she's doing and doesn't have any real long term plans for keeping these portals open and integration of both the human and spirit worlds

And at the very least I hope that they point out that Korra's attachment to Asami is endangering the world

It's LoK related, so let me guess, everything is terrible and it's the worst thing in existence.

You'd think they get tired of shitting on Mako now that the ship is canon.

Nah they gotta be in your face about it

I feel like it would deligitimize the problems, if Korra doesn't own up to it and everything is fixed regardless. And so far she hasn't owned up to anything, while her friends make excuses for her at every turn. Not only that, but it seems obvious that Raiko is going out, and Zhu li is going in, and will likely pardon Korras mistakes after Zhu li has fixed the housing problem, and the spirits fucked off i assume.

We can only hope something will come of the korrasami wank, but i find it pretty hard to accept that Korra has some special attachment to Asami that is relevant to her work as the avatar. Which i feel is what Mike wants us to think. The hostage situation should imo be no different had it been any other friend of hers instead of Asami, but it feels like Mike wants me to believe that it is. And i find that laughable.

As always with LoK, there are some interesting ideas to be explored, but it won't go in that direction. But in this case the art is also terrible to look at. And the story development is worse than n

As always with LoK, there are some interesting ideas to be explored, but it won't go in that direction. But in this case the art is also terrible to look at. And the story is more contrived than normal.

Korra is still an irrational stubborn idiot, so they did a nice job
>Korra, don't tell people you're gay, they might hate you, but I support you
>WHAT THE FUCK, HOW COULD YOU BE SO CLOSE-MINDED

It hurt you deep, didn't it?

I would have liked it if Sozin didn't hate gays, but discouraged it (or made it illegal) to keep the birthrate up during war. Like, innocent people still suffered, but Sozin thought it was for the good of the nation.

>because the Avatar let Kuvira gain as much power as she did
As much as I hate what the writers did to Korra in order to give us "conflict," this is something that Raiko, Tenzin, and Korra's friends promoted. They let Kuvira go unchecked and Raiko was ready to kick Kuvira away to put Wu back on the throne so he could control Wu and the Earth Kingdom.

Do the characters act more like friends in the comics?

It's the same i think. Except imo Bolins humour got cringier and they make fun of Mako as comic relief. Also everyone is supportive of Korra and Asami, and Korra is always strangely OOC when Asami is around. She's her usual self any other time.

I was just a bit disappointed, that's all. As for why I consider it non-canon, there are a few reasons.

1. Ehasz didn't work on it, and he was the main driving force behind the story of ATLA.
2. There's a ton of fanfiction-tier bullshit, that doesn't really mesh well, or sometimes at all with the world of the original series. inb4 headcanons.
3. The writing in general is much poorer than ATLA.

I kinda get why the Air Nomads are portrayed as being "pro-homo". They're all mostly obsessed with spiritual enlightenment and balance. The way Aang talks about his past, he never speaks of his parents, he only speaks of "his people". Which makes me think Air Nomads don't really have conventional families and just fuck each other for fun.

awfull art

>good series gets OK comics with good art
>bad series gets terrible comics with awful art
whoa

I'd imagine they'd frown upon relationships like that, trying to detach themselves and all. Not saying they should be anti-gay, but indifferent would have been better desu. Actually fire nation might have been the best choice for a pro-gay nation with Fire being a sumbol for passion in this world.

NOOO SOZIN WAS EVIL AND EVIL PEOPLE HATE GAYS

>I've heard on here that apparently Korrasami fans weren't happy with the newest part.
Why? Asami is thirsty as fuck and Mako gets emasculated all the time, just like their fanfictions

Buddhist condemn homosexuality though. Monks have been buttfucking children for centuries but that's an open secret like catholic priests's super adventure club.

>Why?
You're trusting an anonymous source on Sup Forums? The only way to find out if anyone actually likes the story is to brave the shit that is tumblr.

It reminds me of something

Don't know, that's just what i've heard.

Persobally, it needs to be re- writtten where Assami and Korra still are dating but then evil plot comes along, Opal and Assami get kidnapped. Korra and guys go to rescue her. Villain is about to kill assami and opal: Korra steps in and saves them knock vilain back: Assami then tries to stab korra, Opal dives in front.
Turns out Assami has been working for red lotus the entire time: her dad isnt dead and was an earth bender the entire time ( he escaped before veing crushed/ was saved bt kuvira) Her reason for joining red lotus: it wasn't just a fire bender that killed Assami's mother: it was Avatar Aang who had dementia ( side effect of being frozen in ice) in his old age. Tenzin and Lin lied/ have no idea it happened because aang went to stop the bandits.
Assami's dad vowed to never earth bend again.
Korra saved by Mako, while Bolin goes mad with rage and depression. Bolin and Korra gave to work through the betrayal and loss and eventually become a couple.

Sorry for spelling

>Long ago, gays were free to fuck each other in the butt in any of the four nations
>But everything changed when the Fire Nation elected Trump

God damn that's a harsh read. The second the dude called her a dyke he lost the moral high ground though. It's not that hard to look like the good guy in this situation. Dude just lost the game.

If there's supposed to be a rewrite just cut Korrasami entirely and focus on a compelling story instead. Could still have Red Lotus Asami or something.

It's the Korrasami fantasy in a nutshell. The lesbian stealing "chads" girlfriend. It even came about orginally because people hated Makorra.

>The second the dude called her a dyke he lost the moral high ground though
Yeah you're right, but can you blame him?
He finally scored his qt 3.14 gf which was later taken by her female 'friend'. Like you said, reading it is already harsh, imagine experiencing it.

Bad writing, worse art. It would be the epitome of the webcomic shit infesting non-webcomics if Squirrel Girl didn't exist.

Eh personally I would say both of them are idiots because one what kind of sociopathic fuck makes fun of the fact that you plowed someone's gf.

That's when he should've honestly showed it to the world and showing how the lesbian was a total cunt.

The moment when she made fun of his manhood and basically show that his girlfriend is a cheating bitch would had = FUCKING PROFIT FOR SYMPATHY FUCK.

The second is the cunt who cheats on fuckers lmao

>don't like new additions to muh beloved series so it's not canon

>taking that advice out of all the advice of Sup Forums
>actually sending texts like that in a world where your every mood is being recorded and people can turn whatever you said out of context into the 'truth'

I feel bad for him but he had it coming.

>still caring about LOK
im just gonna wait for the next avatar that is not shit

>implying fags understand the pragmatic arguments against homosexuality beyond, hurr durr hate gay people

Sorry, but Korra killed the franchise. Not only did it get shitty ratings, dissuading the people in charge of the money from investing in similar ventures, but it also managed to fuck up the setting beyond repair. Not even the setting's past is salvageable without major retcons. It's quite impressive, really.

Despite the obvious 'because the author is incapable of producing a decent narrative,' you could hazard a guess at the thought Bolin didn't want to be separated from his brother again.

The Air Nomads were monks who segregated themselves based on gender. They should have barely approved of straight sex, much less gay sex.

That's /fit/ to ya. Proof that getting in shape won't cure your autism.

It retconned so much shit from the original it may as well be noncannon.

I'm against all that "this is my headcanon where this story I don't like isn't canon". I prefer to suffer with the changes I don't like. Canon is canon.

But I understand the anons like . Wow if Korra looks like a different universe. It has so much different things respect ATLA that I have troubles explaining how one goes with the other.

>Turns out: events of LOK were all Aang's first dream after defeating the fire lord.

Nothing happened in part 2

this actually makes sense considering everything that happenned in ATLAB. Especially the swamp: why would Toff become new swamp guru?

>decide to name a character after a beloved VA who has passed away
>shit all over that character constantly
I’m still mad.

If you want a better continuation of TLoK story read Subduction.