Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

angry somali

>wanting to sit at THAT table

I'd rather hang out with augustus too.

Lucy doesnt offer any counter arguement. If she doesnt next issue more misunderstandings will happen

Not as intent on shitting on Paulo as I expected. Instead of his ignorance of certain things making Paulo look stupid he's asking the right questions given what he knows.

There's some actual tension here; will Lucy explain herself at all or just stonewall a friend?

I wonder if she'll drop the "he saved me the day I tried to kill myself" line.

Jesus, Augustus.

You have to understand the cat was beat on constantly by Alejandro. Of course he's shook by paulo.

That's the point. Characterization be damned, the creators of this comic will drive every single relationship into the ground when it all could be prevented by saying a handful of words...but they just magically DON'T. nothing makes sense unless you are literally trying to create drama from nothing and keep it going in perpetuity.

this comic is awful and stopped giving a fuck a while ago

I blame mike.

A little uncharitable; to fully explain herself Lucy would have to talk about her suicide attempt, and I don't need much of an explanation of why she doesn't want to do that.

Yes I was expecting a jealousy angle but he's thinking of Daisy first which is the most appropriate response on his part.

I want more mike drama, push him to the edge.

>I-I swear, you come any closer I'll scratch you with these... ferocious claws. T-They're behind the gloves, you can't see them, but they're SHARP... under the gloves... sharp claws!

We can see Lucy actually thinking about something in the last panel. She might be torn between saying the truth or shutting up.
She also know that Daisy doesn't think that badly of Augustus anymore (re: sleepover chapter, "first off, get help")

>You'd rather have lunch with this jackass than all of us!?
That IS a jealousy angle, but a reasonable one. He isn't pestering her about being rejected.

>gloves
His black hands are Siamese markings ree

Yeah, that's what I mean, I was figuring for a romantic jealousy thing. Which he might still be feeling, but he's not choosing to focus on that.

wrong. The truth is more important than ego. And the truth is Augustus didnt molest anyone. She need not get into how she knows to establish that much
"I know. How I know is my own business. If you consider me a friend, telling you that much should be enough"

stop defending an awful comic user. even you seem tired of it all

>next week's pages will all be of Paulo screaming and Lucy not saying a word

Daisy ruins everything again.

>he kissed me im rape reeeee
>I hope that cool edgeboi still loves me teehee

Inb4 Paulo narcs on Augustus to Alejandro when the opportunity presents itself

Too often I see "Siamese" cat character and they don't have the facial marking or sometimes even the signature brilliant blue eyes. It kind of pisses me off.

Just having a white cat with random black or brown markings does not necessarily equal Siamese.

You can't see how Lucy might want to put her worst mistake behind her? Not telling anyone has only caused a conflict right on this page and we don't know her reaction yet.

Apparently this too, is a Siamese-cat.

I'm sure he's been referred to as a Siamese a few times, incomplete coloration aside.

>Ice cream ruins daisy -> daisy ruins everything

Should I hate ice cream now?

My roommate had a Siamese and those eyes, holy shit they should be in a curio cabinet
It was also fucking psychotic and unpredictable, but what a beautiful breed. Really delicate bone structure too.

still defending awful characterization meant to drive up drama and conflict and nothing more

It's nice to see Paulo not behaving himself like a total shitheel like certain other parties that should not be named...

She wanted her friends to stop talking to her, though, because she's internalized Mike's 'parasite' spiel. Actually going through with it is of course harder than she thought it'd be.

Daily reminder that Mike is always right

I've always heard Siamese were asshole/weird cats that generally clung to only one person. I guess Augustus fits his "breed type" quite well.

Does Daisy actually get molested in the comic or is that just something that happens off screen? I've been reading for a while but really couldn't be assed to read all the way through from the start.

It's a mix of misinterpretation and sprinkle of retcon

I hope she sticks with it, even if i dont like her at this point. I think she's doing the right thing for herself by staying away.

She almost got kissed against her will. As it was, she hot pinned against a tree while being told that she's a slut and only Augustus truly accepted her. Then, abbey showed up to save the day. It was attempted assault I suppose.

Stop posing good furry comics, it makes me hate this shit one even more.

It was exactly like that. She'd only get along with my roommate. With anyone else she'd hide somewhere dark and run out to attack you, or sit on your lap only to lash out if you tried to move or pet her.

Didn't you read volume 1? The carnival chapter was a pretty important one for future developments

>There's some actual tension here; will Lucy explain herself at all or just stonewall a friend?
My guess is just tell him to fuck off (like she passively has been trying to do with everyone) and that will blow up in her face later on.

Hopefully this will be the "everyone realizes that lucy was a horrible person all along" chapter.

I Don’t read this comic

Someone post the molesting scene so I can see if it’s worth a read.

>calls augustus a jackass
>still hangs out with the jackass that sent her off the deepend and slammed his face into a table over his phone waifu

Oh, I remembered wrong; he didn't even actually kiss her.

A suicide attempt is a really choppy, grey area. Lucy shouldn't have to tell anyone if she doesn't want to (especially like this, during a screaming match in public) but her friends' feelings can't be ignored, either. And if she just leaves it at "Augustus helped me when I needed it" Paulo might think he took advantage of her when she was in a vulnerable position (since the last time he saw her before she left she was an emotional wreck).

If Lucy really did take Mike's words to heart and believes that her friends aren't really her friends, she might've thought they would've all forgotten about her and moved on during the time she was gone. Her expressions on this page might be ones of "you weren't supposed to still care about me and I have no idea how to process this".

here

can confirm, siamese are fucking WEIRD. Hyper, overly curious, but with a short attention span. And usually at least a little bipolar. Meaning you can be petting them and all of a sudden they bite the fuck out of your hand. It happens because they get overly happy into blissed out, then they come back to themselves and its all fight or flight instincts cause they know their mind turned off for a second. This can be trained out, but yeah...fuck.

Still nothing compared to Abyssinian cats. those cats are psychopaths and will murder anyone in your house they don't like in their sleep. Seriously, I saw an abyssinian cat GO FOR THE THROAT when I worked as a veterinary assistant on some poor schlup whose hand slipped on holding them down for a blood withdrawal. fucking crazy shit. he didnt get bit, but that was surreal seeing a cat do that

What would Paulo even be able to say to her just deadpanning, "he called an ambulance after I tried to kill myself. I owe him my life. " What could he possibly say in response to that?

It'd be so glorious.

Is Lucy an actual siamese instead of a khao manee, then?

Attempted murder on Mike.

I'm gonna assume she'll give some bullshit answer to continue to push Paulo away and avoid Daisy at the same time.

Based on the spoiler page, I doubt it. I don't have the spoiler but from what I remember Paulo was mad at her and still considered her to be a bitch. I don't think he'd still think or feel that way if he knew she tried to commit suicide. He'd be out for Mike's blood.

His boy crush on mike would go up in flames?

I love how Paulo could throw a punch against Augustus but just took Abby and Mike's shit like a bitch. I sorta get Mike since he is friends with Mike, but i don't even think Paulo likes Abby. You think he would fight back with at least on of them.

>Oh, ummm.
>I was wrong sorry
And then proceed to a steamy makeout session with Gus while Lucy is recording

Mike gets lynched by that gay blue scarf of his.

No, Augustus is in theory. Lucy doesn't have the markings, only the eyes. Augustus has the markings but not the eyes, but if the fault you're focusing on in bcb is unrealistic genetics then your priorities are kinda weird.

I think he's good at hitting first but doesn't know what to do when hit. Also he was taken by surprise both times.

He was took by surprise with a punch in the windpipe. There's not much reaction to be had there.

like this user saidAnything that doesnt drag out dramz is ignored. Anything that doesnt result in every possible relationship in tatters will not happen

Probably because he thinks Augustus tried to molest one of his closest friends, but he knows Mike and Abbey aren't actually bad people. Sort of.

Sure does look like she's considering it there in that last panel though.

Yeah, but she fits the characterial description on a siamese in that post.

What does her actual supposed breed act like usually?

I'm pretty sure after the shock wears off and you can catch your breath you just get angry. At least that's what my reaction would be.

Lucy might want to keep her beef with Mike between then; if the others knew she tried to kill herself they might blame him for it.

Taeshi said Augustus is half-Siamese.m, if that helps.

He deserves it though, and I don't think she gives a fuck about anyone of them anymore.

She has. That why she's been avoiding them.

Yeah, god forbid people knew the extent of Mike's actions' consequences.

That's why she's not and probably not going to say anything. And she knows it'll lead to people flocking to be around her, which she doesn't want.

Honestly, I wonder how all of this is going to be revealed. Everyone is hiding big secrets; Lucy and Mike about her suicide attempt, Lucy and Augustus' involvement in it, and now Paulo with the two of them hanging out. Someone's going to snap and it's all going to come tumbling down.

She still cares in her own screwed up way.

He knows his place in pecking order

No doubt that she's debating it. I'd love for her to drop the whole "He saved my life and was there when I needed someone the most. Where were you?" line. I hope we get something similar. I honestly do. I just don't thibk it's gonna happen based on how causal Paulo's conversation with Daisy is in the spoiler.

Does anyone have the 2 pages by the way?

I'd be interested to see Lucy's family find out about Augustus' history with Daisy and Alejandro etc.

Idk, but the siamese description that was provided fits lucy better than augustus.
Pretty sure he was scared enough to be caught like that by someone he didn't consider a threath. You don't want to poke a psychotic violent persion.

>Where were you?
Thinking she wasn't in distress and also wanted his dick because that's what she fooled him into thinking.

Khao Manee, meaning "White Gem."
>The Khao Manee was said to be kept and bred initially by Siam royals, as it was with other rare colored cats such as the Siamese.
>Some Khao Manee are born partially or completely deaf, which is typical of white cats with blue eyes.
>In body conformation, they are athletic and muscular.
>The regal appearance of the Khaomanee strikes one instantly, but they have a playful sense of naughtiness

She might say that but she wouldn't mean it; remember, she wants her friends to hate her.

>Thinking Lucy ever wanted Paulo's dick when she still harbors feelings for Mikey boy
Dream on Paulofag.

That's what Paulo acutally believed, though, given the makeout (and maybe more) session before the play.

It's either gonna be Mike or Jordan who confess it all.
Mike if/when he breaks down.
Jordan if/when he snaps on Paulo or others for shitting on her.
Lucy and Augustus have nothing to gain from telling the truth.

Try again, user!

She even confirms that, when she's talking to Augustus about how they wouldn't want to hang out with her anymore since she's "hanging out with a cartoon villain."

that would require adults in this comic being adults and not phantoms in the background who only show up to bestow gifts and affection randomly

>but they have a playful sense of naughtiness
that's a euphemism for "they knock shit over when they're bored or want attention". as a long time cat owner, I guarantee it

>yfw Lucy flips it over with "Well you hang out with Mike despite bringing me to jump off a roof."

The asshurt levels would reach critical mass.

>Paulo being reasonable
I'm not used to this, but at least we're finally getting some form of drama, I hope everyone suffers.

>She might say that but she wouldn't mean it; remember, she wants her friends to hate her
Agreed. As frustratingly badly executed it was, the carnival chapter was trying to show how Lucy still gives a fuck about everyone (or at least Paulo) but trying not to show it. She was pretty keen to find out how everyone's been in her absence by hitting him up for gossip.

Her dumbest slip-up was underestimating how attached Paulo still was and assuming he hated her for some stupid fucking reason ("I went to 2nd base with you and left you with a positive memory before I left! Isn't that shitty of me!?"). She repeatedly dropped her guard and got all blushy around him before remembering what the fuck she was doing, then had to go hyper-bitch mode to make up for it until he got a clue.

Fuck, I posted the wrong image

I felt my work was needed, and here I am

>Paulo molests Lucy throughout the span of the comic than chapters Augustus is in
>Thinks he's in any position to put up this argument

All Auggie did was kiss Daisy. Paulo on the other hand has gone mad with power with the tit and ass groping.

But it's slapstick so it's ok, r-right? Slapstick doesn't matter in this comic, r-right?

Gotta love how Lucy suddenly looks slightly chubbier when the heads are properly proportionate.

Really liked it better when she wasn't doing the weird chibi shit. The comic was already hard enough to take seriously when it was just naked animal drama, but the Chibi art style is just too much.

Oh I wonder if *that's* what Lucy will bring up to get him to leave them alone.

>We don't see each other for months and the first thing you do is grope my chest? You're one to talk.

Volume 2 had the best art. I wish she kept rolling with that, because the art could've been astounding by now.

I dont think its an artstyle, its just easier to draw in facial details on a larger head. head-shrink user has the right idea, the artist should draw them as big as they like then shrink it in photoshop after

The head-shrink edits always make me feel nostalgic. Thanks, user.

Are you really so dense you can't see how different the situation is?

Lucy and Paulo are already friends and know each other, Paulo is a wannabe Don Juan who hits on girls for his own ego and sport and Lucy is a total tomboy. Him slapping her ass is at most banter.

Augustus is some strange emo looking kid with a shady background who went after a vulnerable, self-conscious, easily manipulated girl. How is that not infinitely more creepy?

Jesus fuck, you've watched too much anime. I'm not saying Augustus wasn't a creep, but what Paulo did was still violation. Not trying to get all tumblr on you guys, but I wouldn't like it if a guy groped me, even if we were close friends.

Also if Lucy's tsundere act has been brought down to real life "this isn't okay" levels, Paulo's wandering hands should, too. Granted, I can't remember him ever groping a girl besides Lucy.

I'm not defending Paulo, what he's doing is still a dickish thing to do. I'm saying that getting slapped on the ass by Paulo is not even in the same ball park as what Augustus tried to do. They're not comparable.