Doom Patrol confirmed for Titans TV show

>Johns' Doom Patrol
preemptively dropped

no one gives a fuck about DC and it's shitty everything

Here's hoping it's more Drake/Morrison and less New 52.

He's not a showrunner, just the writer for that episode.

What does that mean, doom patrol?

Why would they let the superior team play second fiddle to the shitty teenage girl team-
oh

The world's strangest superheroes; the Doom Patrol is a motley crew of individuals who take on some of the weirdest threats in the DCU.

Probably just to give a background to Garfield. Likely will only be Niles, Rita and Cliff because Johns is a hack.

But who is going to play him?

>salty that Marlel came dead last again in the CBSR
Sales say otherwise, Sup Forumscuck.

I don't think a show would be interesting enough or good enough to do him justice.

no one cares about the Canadian Business for Social Responsibility either

>Likely will only be Niles, Rita and Cliff because Johns is a hack.
Was anyone else important to Gar's character other than Mento? At least he isn't pulling a Byrne and disconnecting Gar completely from the DP

Trippy X-Men.

Paul Dano.

I want to see some of that Danny the Street action.

King Talib, it would be wild if we get an asian-american african prince.

His post on Twitter about this is nothing but people whining about the Snyder cut.

The Titans go investigate a new street appearing out of no where. They find out it's Danny and they meet the Doom Patrol.

hamill

Literally the first time I heard of the Doom Patrol was when I first read the New Teen Titans.
And it's a great f*king story.

I hope they adapt it someday in the series

I’m thinking it’ll probably be very close to how he wrote them on his Titans Run

DC fans are pathetic what else is new

Negative man is synonymous with Doom Patrol, shame if they don't have at least some version of him.

This feels pretty disjointed.

Gary Busey?

A no name literally who actor.

>from what Batman told me
Batman is such a gossipy bitch.

Mallah kept trying the Brain to say he wanted hot monkey dick.

He's got the expression of a drooling retard, but DAMN that's a nice outfit.

The most annoying thing about the titans during this period was the leadership.

What a butthead

He's doing Mallah & the Brain's relationship and how much of a bastard Caulder is justice, even if the rest is a bit dull.

Geoff is nice. I don't understand the hate.

He was responsible for connecting the DP back to Gar when Byrne ignored him, so he's okay in my book even though I didn't like his TT that much overall.

Timmy, don't.
You already have a blonde with a sweet rack.
And she has an asian friend that would love to get in on that.

At that point everyone thought Steph was dead and Cass was brainwashed to being a massive bitch

Alright then, that's fine.
Still bad taste and a bad idea to do it on a floor covered in broken glass and in front of Conner's picture though.

No yeah that whole romance was messed up

His writing of Mallah & Brains relationship, Caulders douchbaggery and Rita as team Mom were all pretty great and give me hope for this episode

Fun fact: X men is a doom patrol rip off.

What would Beast Boy think of the Morrison Doom Patrol?

You know what?

It just occurred to me that maybe they will do change the actual Titan's cast in the actual comic after No Justice because synergy reasons with the show.

Why are Cliff and Larry working with the Chief? I thought they hated him?

I’m pretty sure Caulders just mentally broke down everyone until they felt they had no choice but to rejoin or he made so they had to rejoin or they would die... either fits his MO

"Shit got fucky" around ~2005, but "shit getting fucky" is Doom Patrol's entire thing. I haven't read the Pollock stuff after Morrison finished, but I think Cliff was working with the Chief in that, though the Chief was just a disembodied head.
After the Vertigo series ended, John Arcudi started a volume in 2001 (which I haven't actually read), in which he used a mostly new team. He used the excuse that Dorothy went nuts after Pollack's run and accidentally killed the old team, and then became brain-dead. The series wasn't a success, and was cancelled after 2 years.
In 2004 John Byrne decided to do a full reboot of the series because "backstory got longer and more complex" for new readers. He did this by ignoring that Beast Boy was being used by Johns in his TT book, and suddenly Gar no longer had any family or connections to the Doom Patrol. Byrne even mentioned that in his column at the end of the first issue (see attached), but he clearly didn't give a fuck because he could bring back the "younger" Rita that he wanted. This reboot was not considered good by readers (it's basically just x-men), and Johns decided to work around Byrne. When Superboy-Prime punched the walls of reality in Infinite Crisis, Gar being the adopted son of Rita was one of the things that got reverted. I'll try to find the page of them remembering their relationships with each other.
So, as for why everyone is working with Niles, part of it can be blamed on Byrne wanted a new status quo, and then Johns trying to reinsert some older canon. It doesn't really matter though, because when Kieth Giffen had a new volume a few years later, he ignored most of the stuff that Byrne did (by killing Byrne's OC's in the first issues), and had Niles be a head again.

Found it, Teen Titans #32
1/3

2/3
Bringing back Morrison's DP as well

the beast boy-doom patrol connection is weird shit that drags everybody down

3/3
Right before this page Niles had red hair and was younger in general

You know the weird continuity kinda adds to the charm of Doom Patrol.

Most Definitley

It really does. Byrne did his damnedest to make them a generic clean-slate of a team, and ended unintentionally adding to their weird appeal.

Can I get a rundown of the Kupperberg run?

>written by Geoff Johns

Because he is a bad writer