First MCU movie to be on the cover of TIME magazine

I'm calling $150M domestic first weekend at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/25/a-look-at-trumps-on-again-off-again-love-affair-with-time-magazine/?utm_term=.5b2497e173b6
time.com/4836933/donald-trump-fake-time-cover/
time.com/4014894/marvel-female-superheroes-thor-ms-marvel/
time.com/4012852/everyones-a-superhero-at-marvel/
change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-25-of-marvel-studios-profits-from-the-black-panther-film-invested-in-black-communities?source_location=topic_page
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

imagine if it whomps and gets Fan4stic opening

$200 million OW
$2 Billion total gross

Other than the symbolic Person of the Year award, does Time Magazine really matter anymore? How many people actually care about it or read it? My university library gets it but it's pretty dull and a fast forgettable read; The Economist and others are much better.

American media congratulates itself for including black people for the seventh consecutive decade.

Yeah come to think of it, that's dodgy. Avengers 1 didn't get a cover story.

But Phantom Menace did and Harry Potter 1 got a teaser.

This feels like the 2016 Ghostbusters thing where they overinflate a mediocre movie's importance and relevance but instead of women it's black people.
I mean it's not a bastardized cash-in of a known property, but I still get the same vibe from the people talking about it like it's some cultural milestone.

even PotY doesn't matter anymore

>tfw panther gets all the accolades and media hype for being THE FIRST BLACK CAPESHIT IN HISTORY!!! when you literally came out 2 years prior

I'm sure this will be a fun movie, but people are getting a bit carried away with all of this. They act like Roots for god sake

I'd say it is a bit of a cultural milestone, big-budget summer blockbusters in hugely popular franchises starring mostly black people are pretty rare, to the point of being non-existent.

I feel like I'm going nuts. This isn't the first anything.

black, hancock

>they made Patty Jenkins a runner up for Person of the Year

Deadshot isn't a hero, despite what that retarded ass script did to the character

This
For fucks sake people. leave that Irishman alone

Man, Weslie Snypes looks weird these days.

This is just Disney trying to get everyone to buy their tickets, toys, promotional shit at McDonalds and they can make more money than god, nothing more.

Speaking of Roots.

they were bordering on irrelevant before but since the Kochs bought them they might as well be toilet paper

a weekly news magazine is pointless in this day and age, hell regular newspapers are hilariously dated. i can't count the number of times i saw a story develop overnight and yet the papers the next day have incomplete information

Is that real? Holy shit fuck those hacks

everybody getting carried away with it, is killing my motivation to see it.

Donald Trump seems pretty obsessed with Time Magazine and being on its cover for whatever reason. I guess because back during his younger days it was more important and it holds the same symbolism to him now.

If I had Moviepass I would go see it.
>Citation Needed

Is a combination of sjw retards and MCUcks, and by cucks I mean people who literally have fun/fetish on speding their time shilling for Disney for the sake of being edgy or whatever

That makes me kind of sad for some reason.

all the left see is color and race, they are the true racist

(You)

Hilarious but impossible. It's an MCU film; $500 mill is almost guaranteed. If it flops, it'll start a race war.

They should have put the ancient one on the cover and ran an article about Disney censorship for China and the general plight of the tibeten people.

blade
hancock
steel
the black lightning series

>>Citation Needed
Sure, here ya go

>washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/25/a-look-at-trumps-on-again-off-again-love-affair-with-time-magazine/?utm_term=.5b2497e173b6

>inb4 WP is biased
Feel free to ignore the commentary from the author and just focus on Trump's actual words on the magazine over the years.

Also, he did once put a fake magazine cover of himself at his golf courses and needed to be asked to take them down.
>time.com/4836933/donald-trump-fake-time-cover/

So you mean history is cyclical?

>no US media dares to criticize this movie
SJWs won. We lost.

says the guy who spends his time naysaying things that are popular without any supporting evidence because he thinks being a contrarian makes him special.
since he's too far up his own ass to realize that being an angry counter culture child is so common as to be its own mainstream
so he's not being a unique voice is dissention, he's just jumping on the we hate everything bandwagon like a mindless drone

>consecutive
>cyclical
user...

With all the Black Panther merch I see out I thought it was already out.
Nope. It's just Disney's marketing team.

I would like to point out that Blade isn't a superhero. And perhaps the reason those others dont count is because
>Flawed alcoholic
>Bad movie from the 90s
>A tv show on a weak network
This has marketing value to these people

Disney hasn't done McDonald's toys for like 12 years. Bob Iger terminated the deal because he didn't want Disney associated with childhood obesity

>love the MCU
>go to see BP
>the only white guy in the theater
>everyone looking at me

Jesus, the political shit around this is embarrassing; you're holding up a superhero movie as a cultural statement.

This is exactly what happened with Ghostbusters (not that this'll be nearly as awful) don't just buy the hype, this will be another MCU movie an 8-8/5/10. It's not the second-coming of Christ.

>Whomps

>>Flawed alcoholic
Yeah newflash everyone, Iron Man is not a superhero!

time.com/4014894/marvel-female-superheroes-thor-ms-marvel/
time.com/4012852/everyones-a-superhero-at-marvel/

It is the coming of Black Christ

Characters with personality flaws are NOT heroes/anti-heroes, Blade is no longer a Marvel hero.

Any character that isn't as flawless as classic Superman can NOT be a hero.

It's LITERALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER CREATED IN THE HISTORY OF EVER

IT'S THEIR TIME!!!!!

blade is a superhero, powers, saves people, superhero. his movie was also the movie that made studios want to give capeshit another go and help marvel studio get their foot in the hollywood door

>Hispanics ignored again by Hollywood
AMERICA MOVIE WHEN?

Well when you look at Tony's track record....

Black Panther was introduced to the cinematic universe trying to murder someone for something he didn't do.

Africa America?

I'm not shitting on Blade, but he's not really a superhero. Any good he does is purely circumstantial. He's there to kill vampires to fill a void, not save people

HAHAHAHAHA

Fuck, I didn't even think about that.

You're kidding, right? Have you SEEN most of Marvel's heroes?

So only captain america and superman are heroes

Well he looked surprisingly sad about it. I expected angry black man with a chip on his shoulder and it was refreshing.

Avengers didn't get one because superhero movies weren't the hottest shit ever at that point yet.

I'm being sarcastic.

Glad you recognize how stupid the concept is though.

Holy Menstruation! America

Not that I like McDs but Iger is really a PR obsessed sourpuss.

It's the other way around, actually. Old Print Media is at death's door and we're still here

You know what I mean, get the asses in seats and then the kids will scream for the merchandise.

That's not what a hero is, the motivation isn't what's most important. He fights evil in a comic? Hero. Or anti-hero.

Don't forget about Asians. Or that Chinese box office money.
COLLECTIVE MAN MOVIE WHEN?

I know that that and the America series by gabby rivaled Mar Vel in terms of bad , but I really enjoyed those threads we had about it through and through

I always wonder how confused actors, who probably haven't read comics most of their lives, feel when playing a previously unknown character ends up skyrocketing their relevance in the world.

Mind, I'm not talking about a push in acting career as that's a whole partially self-contained thing beyond the success of a movie, I'm talking about a push in international visibility.
Like Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman resulting in appearing before the UN. I know it imploded on itself and since it was before the release of the solo movie was less to do with the success of the character and more a series of prior intentions converging, but again it's the simple fact it even happened at all.

Then again being actors their first thought is probably just how well it's working, and being actors they're probably used to the whole living the part thing.

So, this'll do well with domestic audiences because of minorities and liberal whites but will that be enough to keep it from tanking overseas, especially when it completely tanks in China?

And now I am no longer sad

MASHED UP ETHNIC SHIT-MAN!

So is Deathstroke a hero if he's paid to kill a mob boss?

Asians only like to see attractive white people in movies

There aren't enough Asians in USA to justify a movie.

>his movie was also the movie that made studios want to give capeshit another go
This is overstated around here. It had more influence on the Matrix and vampire trend than on the climate of cape movies.

Whatchu talking about Willis? The hype surrounding Avengers was insane because such a thing (a movie with the heroes being main characters in their own movies) had never happened before. I still vividly remember the line me and my friends were in on opening night

And once he caught the actual bad guy, he prevented him from committing suicide because he knew that the American prison system is a far worse fate for a man.

>This is exactly what happened with Ghostbusters
No it's not. It's really important that they don't be compared. See what happened with Ghostbusters was that the movie had a fuckton of negativity from the get-go even before the trailer so the studio and Feig and Pascal and all those other retards rode hard on that it was making a "statement" or whatever it was they were talking about, intentionally shat all over the fanbase and fed into the media that way.

What's happening with BP is that he has good reception coming out of the gate due to Marvel brand and his appearance in Civil War but most importantly, Marvel and Feige and everyone else involved are not the ones feeding the media about how "powerful, different and important" it is or any of that bullcrap. The media is doing that all on it's own. Disney and Marvel Studios are just leaning back and letting them all go nuts and will rake in the profits because they don't even have to do anything.

some idiot on twitter said nothing will stop her from seeing this movie after, she had been wait for it forever, i bet she didn't even know the character existed until civil war

Somebody hasn't heard of Wolf Warrior.

>2012
>The dark knight rises 1billion
>Avengers 1,6 billions
2 superhero movies made over 1 billion dollars in that year alone

Could this social media nightmare be chalked up to the marketing team or actual nu-males?

yes

Is this satire?

at that point large shiuity blockbusters like transformers had made me super cynical and i didnt follow avengers at all, i didn't give a shit, i got a free ticket and i loved avengers and i still do

In that instance it can be argued, yes. Not every character is so clear as Batman: Good , Joker: Bad. That's the point.

The hype was insane but only amongst the genre film fans, there was still a tension on whether or not this could work. Remember the reason Hollywood is the way it is now with the way it wants to get on that cinematic universe biz is because Avengers made that cool 1 billion. So now everybody worldwide can't miss it. Yes Avengers was indeed an event but it wasn't "Time magazine" event because there wasn't enough reason for anybody to seriously get invested that wasn't already a huge MCU or Marvel fan but now, one Avengers later, there is (admittedly, I'm not really sure BP is either but I'm talking about Avengers here)

Yes, THAT year. The superhero craze went into full swing after that year

>a role model for African Americans

>paying for MCU
>ever

There is no such thing as a numale or a soyboy

All I'm saying is Blade sees a woman getting mugged, he probably going to run for the vampire smoking a cigarette on the opposite street corner

For a moment i thougth it was a National Geographic cover

hey i was young and i got a free ticket

Yeah, which is why, as I said, he can be classified as an anti-hero.

Think Red Hood. Fuck muggings, kill gangsters. Prioritize.

remake of gorillas in the mist

It's secret option 3, clickbait journos.

Yes, hence anti-hero

>(((Time))) telling The Donald what to do and not to do.

>It’s treason then.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE

change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-25-of-marvel-studios-profits-from-the-black-panther-film-invested-in-black-communities?source_location=topic_page

mo money fo dem programs