(((AUTOMATION)))

Hey Sup Forums, is "automation" the new "climate change?"

If ya know what I mean?

I have the weirdest boner right now. Sauce?

You can hire Americans to maintain the robots. You can also hire Americans to build nuclear plants and not have to choose between environment and economy.

Do you mean it's the new vehicle for r-strategists to try to take free money from people who actually work for a living? Then yes.

>is "automation" the new "climate change?"

In the sense that they are both very real, but denied heavily by corporate interests? Absolutely.

Self-driving cars are going to put tens of thousands of drivers out of work around the country in a few years. Imagine a place like NYC with no cab drivers, just cabs. It's gonna flip the economy on its head...

Nobody wants to stop automation, we just want to prepare

Idiots actually think they can stop global warming, as if our civilization possesses the energy/tech to do global scale climate changes.

The weather will get better or worse in different parts of the world, and humans will just have to adapt.

>with no cab drivers, just cabs.
Fucking glorious!

Looks like keisha grey

Daily reminder that the only thing that causes unemployment is regulation and welfare

>If ya know what I mean?
the cotton gin didn't replace niggers, it just made them do harder, less menial work. what i'm getting at is, no, i have no fucking clue what you're talking about

It's going to take longer than everyone seems to think and it's not going to be as prolific as everyone seems to think either.

Neural nets have their limitations and aren't as capable of everything people seem to be expecting.

I imagine there will be one or two big AI bubbles which burst before we actually start getting somewhere.

Automation is the same type of fraudulent threat that globalists make anytime developed nations indicate that they want policies that benefit the native population in terms of jobs.

On all fronts the American worker is undermined by lower cost replacements. Illegal immigrants and H2-B visas for low wage, low skill work. H1-B for skilled labor. Offshoring of white collar jobs.

The meme is that "Americans won't do the job" which is perhaps the filthiest lie ever spawned by globalist scum. In a system whereby those labor replacements were not available, Americans would do the job, the cost of labor would simply be higher.

Ironically, the case for unions and protectionist labor apparatuses is subverted by the flagrant abuse of the only vestigate remaining in the United States, public unions. Under-qualified state employees who in many cases literally win a lottery to attain such a lucrative position where they get inflated salary for generous hours and a rich pension on top of it.

I almost think that state labor is the only cartel allowed to survive so that it provides an extremely negative example so that labor protection policies by the government look unattractive.

Fucking this

lexxie beth

>keisha grey
Thanks. She looks allot like my niece. This explains the boner.

it will be glorious.

Wow, nice, insightful.

The environment is more than just climate change.

We need to have a beer.

3d printing is more of a meme than automation but it is somewhat of a meme. I dont doubt its power though. When I see examples of google image recognition ai and the latest boston dynamics experiments, sooner or later it will be here and it will be a powerful force. Amazon warehouse bots are a good realistic example. Huge swaths of labor demand will disappear and the only plan is to talk about UBI.

no, since it's real

This might be the greatest post Sup Forums has ever had.

>self-driving cars
>autonomous delivery drones

The future looks good for skilled professionals!

Not necessarily. In this society we are not really civilized. Otherwise there would be no prisons, no reason for crimes to be made. The only crimes left would be sexual or murder, everything else would be phased out. There is absolutely no reason why we couldn't have a working technocratic society if done right.

The biggest issue would be to get rid of all corrupt politicians though. Patents for great inventions have been halted for the sake of making money. If you look up denied patents among them were schematics for house molds which could literally build a house for under 5000$. But there's no money in houses like that right?

Or light bulbs that can last near on a thousand years. Didn't happen (((of course)))

When a system is maintained through profit it limits technological use. All I'm saying is that our system won't last one way or another.

>falling for the globalist lie that state employment pays well and delivers a fat pension
The reality is that so many fields have been gutted by takers like Romney, the banks, and the insurance industry. After you've destroyed those jobs, the low wage and meager pension of public sector work (if it's not outsourced to durka durkas and muttzicans) look good. Good enough to distract you from globalist crimes and have you turn on your fellow citizens instead.

We've nearly past the point where labor is no longer necessary.

Maybe the elites are right and the plebs really should be purged from this earth to keep the population low and the resources aplenty

> be programmer
> coworker makes me cry
> goes on vacation
> i automate their job

So? Nuclear energy is the most environmentally friendly energy source. Look at france.

Forgot to mention I've worked in both public and private sector. Private sector pays much better, like twice as much in many cases. That's before you pay for your own pension (it's not free) and pay for most of your high-premium-high-deductible insurance (it's also not free). It doesn't help that contractors fuck up constantly, at ridiculous expense, and the "state" gets blamed. And then while you show up and clean up the messes private sector "experts" (poo in loos) leave behind, the public is constantly threatening to steal the pension you've paid for...twice...because while you don't get to stop paying into the Social Security that they're also trying to steal for their banker friends. It's amazing that anybody bothers to apply for a state job but you should be glad they did or everything would fall apart and you'd see just how much you depend on government for daily life to remain reasonably stable.

You can buy robots to maintain the robots as well though.

Who takes care of humans when they are sick? Humans, no? Why would fully functional autonomous robots need humans to take care of them?

No it's real. Shit like Uber, Lyft, Amazon Flex and Postmates is just the stop gap. Those people will all be unemployed too when the robots and drones ramp up. All hail the service economy.

But who maintains those robots? Eventually, you run out of metal and plastic, and that's where human labor comes in.

Who takes care of doctors? Eventually you run out of human flesh and that's when G-d comes in to fix us all up better again.