How does it make you feel, Sup Forums, to know your hobby is now mainstream

how does it make you feel, Sup Forums, to know your hobby is now mainstream.

Capeshit is not my hobby.

Apathetic, I've got other interest besides comics.

Good. It legitimately brought a tear to my eye when I was in Disneyland a year or two ago to see entire mainstream exhibits set up, with excited kids that actually knew who my favorite characters were.

Finding toys and such wasn't always easy when I was young, and it's awesome that they're available to everyone now.

Indifferent. I'm old enough to remember baby boomers grabbing multiple copies of Death Of Superman and the World Without A Superman trade thinking that they were going to cash in and retire on them in 3 decades. I'm old enough to remember back in 89-90 when you couldn't walk 100 feet without seeing a black shirt with a yellow circle Bat logo.

Does she have a girlfriend that skies as Spider-Woman.

/tg/ is more my hobby and those fucks are surface level.

Feels like the 80s again.

It's also my fetish so feels good

Current year capeshit flicks aren't my hobby

I'm indifferent. I read comics made by cartoonists like Robert Crumb, Daniel Clowes and Shannon Wheeler. I like old school Marvel and DC stuff, so I don't really care too much what they do with their modern garbage since I don't read it anyway.

As a huge fan of McKelvie I think it's awesome to see his really fantastic costume design make its way into so many different, weird things.

I don't read superhero comics though.

>Marvel copying DC again

www.jettygirl.com/blog/2012/08/08/2012-paul-mitchell-supergirl-pro/

Wish she used best costume

it's not, though
capeshit is mainstream, but capeshit is not my hobby
mods ree etc.

Absolutely livid. I hate it when other people enjoy the things I do.

It's not.

So much this. I remember as kid that finding decent merch for my favorite franchises were hard because they were so obscure.
Also I don't care for the mainstream, I'm such a social outcast I don't even interact with peopke that much and I just consume the media without external influences

No it's not. No one is actually reading comics.

I like things because I like them. Regardless of whether other people do. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

My hobby is reading comics, not watching shitty movies or playing shitty fighting games, so my hobby is not mainstream.

>Real life Olympic athlete with muscular body in the suit still looks like a qt woman.
>Drawing of character in the suit looks like a man.

Damn-it Marvel. How the fuck did you mange to make 3d > 2d? How?

What OP doesn't tell Sup Forums is that Mikaela Shiffrin is an autist that has devoted practically her entire life to gitgud at skiing and her best friend is her mom.

This isn't Sup Forums. They're the ones who hate people knowing their shit exists.

Pissed because it proves how shallow and retarted normies are that will treat you like shit your whole life for your hobbies and then turn around and use them for their own self-aggrandizement.

They care about MOVIES not actual comics, there is a huge difference.

Cape is mainstream
Comics are not

Not my hobby and I've been bored of capeshit movies or years now.

Hollywood jews can't ruin my hobbies.

does she get naked at any point?

at least it's not Batman

She hasn't hit rock bottom yet

Kinda sucks to be honest.

It's not. Comic sales continue to decline.

Feels pretty great

ESPECIALLY now that everyone is a marvel fan and DChumps are treated like we were a decade ago

It's not mainstream, just appropriated.

>Retroactively giving her a manface and fridgebody
Jesus christ, if they're this ashamed of what Carol looks like then they should have never picked her.

That has absolutely nothing to do with that shitty DC character

No one cares about Batman

STOP APPROPRIATING Sup Forums CULTURE, REDDIT!

>being a literal retard
>whining about comics when you don't even read them

It's not. Nobody reads comics.

incredibly disappointed. you'd think they're be an increase of quality in the games and animation. but no, somehow, things were better before capeshit became mainstream.

Ubiquity isn't a positive thing in my experience. It devalues the unique nature of rare things. Finding the hard-to-find makes the experience far more rewarding. The kids today don't imprint the same meaning as we did because it all comes easily to them.

>legitimately brought a tear to my eye
Cringe.

I know you're just shitposting but read my post and you'll see that my words make sense and yours are just reactionary to sound edgy on the internet.

Have novels and movies devalued themselves because they are everywhere? No, it's raised the value of the good ones.

Very ironic you using cringe. Do you even self-aware?

The overall glut of MCU movies have devalued the capeshit movie experience. They create a surplus of forgettable 2 hour romps that no one really places any value in after the fact. It's like a Slurm factory of capeshit.

No one really reads novels when tv/movie adaptations are made.

No. Comic books, in the form of adaptations for movies and television, are popular; the actual form of comic books has not changed. Sure, you might see a bit of overlap, with people who are exposed to the movies and television taking an interest in comics, but overall, it's still just people discussing movies and television with no real idea about the comics.

This is a moot point. People have been gravitating towards easier to digest media for a long while, it's not even about ubiquity, it's oversaturation of content that leads people to seek easier ways to consume it. Two hours over several days seems more "reasonable", even the Wiki article will do.
That said I'm obviously against the mindset because I find more rewarding to engage in the experience of reading (novels or otherwise) than having a summary in the form of a video. But you can't blame it on consumerism because we were always going towards that route, even Marx says that future societies would have a democratization of consume.

Oh yeah, because comics have always been so occult and underground.....

Grow up, kid, since their conception, they've always been mainstream.

nerd

I'm Eurofag, Eurocomics have always been mainstream here. Now I just read Moon Knight too.

It hasn't been my hobby in a long time now.

>hobby is skiing
Get your fucking nerd shit out of my sport.

If they were mainstream you'd think they'd make more money.

>Those ads
So is MCU Carol going to be a corporate sponsored hero like Captain Amazing from Mystery Men?

Why are you such a pleb?

The characters are mainstream, the act of actually reading comics is not.

stop kidding yourself, the industry imploded in the early nineties and it's been a pale decrepit reflection of it's former self ever since

Because it's your life?