Women in Armor Thread

No ridiculous or skimpy armor

So no armor?

Do you have any with face-obscuring helmets on?

Women in armor is, in and of itself, a ridiculous concept. Why create and implement something so costly for a person that is 6 inches shorter and 1/8 as strong as an average male opponent? Asians had it right, just give women bamboo pikes and hope for the best.

This doesn't seem very Sup Forums related.

Don't know if woman from the thumbnail (it was either this pic or a busty templar with THICC legs)

The one in the BG

dunno boutchall, but this is my fetish

Does Shining Knight count?

There's been literal titty armor found around Indian Marat sites. It could happen, but it would be mostly an ornamental, symbolic thing for excentric VIPs like a queen or duchess or whatever. Mostly so they could look shinny and cool while staying back in the commanders' caravan.

Remember full plate armor was always tailor made and unique. They didnt make "armor for "men or women" they made "this person's armor", if a rich woman wanted one done they could, but she wouldn't be fighting. It's like how reporters and diplomats get kevlar vests in warzones.

Wouldn’t this be better suited for /tg/?

Good fetish either way

This is, without question, not Sup Forums related in the slightest. /tg/ would be more than happy to suit your needs.

Idk why but women in armor is one of my kinks

Nowadays, everybody wants to act like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just non-Sup Forums gibberish, and motherfuckers seem to act like they forgot about Faiza.

I think that's not even a woman, it's some guy who brought or promoted christianity in japan

>/tg/ would be more than happy to suit your needs.

suit of armor that is!

Eyyyyy

Any superhero who isn't invulnerable should be wearing some form of protection. And I don't want to hear any of that bullshit about ease of movement, that's a weak excuse and you know it. You can all stuff that made up nonsense about metas being more durable somehow. Seriously, fuck off with that shit.

There's an incredibly awesome movie featuring that guy (Shiro Amakusa) called Samurai Reincarnation, starry Sonny Chiba as Jubei Yagyu.

archive dot org/details/SamuraiReincarnation

>pic
I get it!

Full armor is way better than bikini armor because it's hotter when monsters rip it off

i can tell you're real fun at parites

Because if your liege lady has to go out and lead you to the battle (not necessarily command), you'd rather she look the part.

Fuck off and kill yourself. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for a character who lacks invulnerability to be fighting villains without a defense measure of some kind. Wonder Woman has the bracelets, Faiza wears normal ass armor, and any given power armor hero is inherently good to go. The fuck is everyone else's excuse?

again
you're real fun user
also it's more an aesthetic thing than anything my man, what's most important in a character design is theme and fashonability. it's about making the character look good, not deciding what kind of armor they should be wearing. if what you're saying were the case, all heroes and villains would be walking around in fucking powerarmor, and that'd be pretty damn boring

>all heroes and villains would be walking around in fucking powerarmor, and that'd be pretty damn boring
Yeah, because capeshit isn't already boring as piss as it is, with literally every issue of every book being the same fucking fight scene over and over again.

At least everyone having power armor would explain why the fuck nearly every single character can fly. And it would explain why they don't die when they get shot despite most of them not being invulnerable.

nigga if you want a world where people fight in and only in their powerarmor go play some warhammer 30k stuff, you're taking this a bit too seriously, like literally who cares, it's capeshit for christ sakes

First of all, Warhammer is utterly retarded shite. Second, a setting which is not grounded in any kind of set rules inherently has no tension due to the fact writers can and will just make up whatever bullshit that suits their needs. It's not possible to be invested in a narrative that will never have any consistency. This is basic storytelling, but you and the rest of this board full of utter retards still eat this shit up like the brainwashed drones you are. Oh, publishers don't have to put out good stories because FUN. FUN FUN FUNDIDY FUNNNINY FUN. Kill yourself, brain dead piece of shit.

dude like calm down, jesus, i knew there were autist on this board, but you don't have to be THIS mad about it, like damn my nigga

>getting THIS buttblasted over drawings for children

It's the contrast between the armor and the girl wearing it. Like seeing a pretty girl in a uniform x10.

>tfw virtuous girl during high school but then loses the armor of faith for the giant vagina costume of progressivism in college.
Feels bad man

>it's okay for stories to be not only nonsensical whoreshit, but the exact same nonsensical whoreshit regurgitated over and over
You're right, fuck standards. Keep on sucking that corporate dick like it was mother's teat, cause that's all you are is a thrall. You wastes of oxygen stake your entire identities on this trash, and are unable to recognize that it is indeed trash that you're mindlessly consuming. I say again, kill yourselves, if only to end your own pathetic suffering.

oh I'm fucking laffin m8, keep going, this shit is great

Fuck man, did you mom get shot while wearing a chain-mail bikini?

Maybe he caught his mom roleplaying with the milkman.

The milkman was wearing the wizard costume

Hol’ up I thought I was on /tg/ for a moment.

No, I just hate that superheroes gallivant around like sluts and somehow don't get killed for their idiotic choice of dress. Again, there's no reason to care what happens due to the lack of tension brought on by the setting being completely ungrounded nonsense.

>120mm
>HEAT
>HESH
>APDS?
The fuck is this ammo? She's holding a compact firearm! That should be like 5.56mm

ya know this is an actually sign of autism right? not being able to separate reality from fiction, that's actual autism. dude it's fucking capes, aesthetic matters more than practicality, get over it

>it's fiction, so you should just accept any stupid thing that happens in it
Suspension of disbelief doesn't work that way, shitwhistle. I can accept that superpowers, magic, and sci-fi technology exist. I cannot accept that these people somehow never get screwed over by their slutty costumes, or never wear even basic protection like a bulletproof vest. That's just fucking bullshit.

Hell, considering all the wacky supertech, shouldn't they also have way better armor than in reality? Surely they have much more advanced materials to use. Oh, but no, that would prevent the twelve year olds from jerking off like the retarded monkeys they are. Fuck off.

Can you accept that the costumes are made from some bullshit fabric alloy that provides the same protection againt trauma than real life body armour?

She's a giant robot that's meant to be a near space interceptor.

>No ridiculous or skimpy armor
RIP thread.

Wait. That's 120mm brass?

Phasma got Fett'd so damn hard.
What a waste.

they way there writing star wars these days i wouldn't be surprised to see her again.

I am absolutely counting on her being on the sequel. That can be her thing; appear and look menacing but ultimately inconsequencial to the story, get "killed" and repeat in every movie.

Sure, but that's a cheap cop out, since it's still a transparent excuse for cheesecake, and a way to continue being a lazy hack. Maybe comic artists should actually learn to fucking draw, so that it stops being painfully obvious that any rando could easily replicate their "work" with about 20 minutes and a copy of Poser.

Metroid movie with Gwendolyn Christie WHEN

Just as cheap as making Iron Man fly breaking the sound barrier, crash land and be absolutely fine. His body would be pulp after the first flight.
You simply need to accept that rule of cool supercedes EVERYTHING in capeshit. If you want realism + escape consume some hard sci-fi.

I love how they have zero identifying characteristics that could help you keep track of who is standing where.
No crest, no coat of arms, nothing.

Not sure she is quite in the spirit of Samus as envisioned by Nintendo.
I mean, if you go for a Ripley, except armor approach, she's surely your girl.
But for the slender beauty we have seen out of Nintendo's games, that seems not quite right.
Then again, she does look quite polished for a bounty hunter who fights in an armor all day.

>Tony Stark dying in a horrific smiting by physics
Oh I fucking wish. Anyway, it's not about realism, fuckstain, it's about, well, I suppose grit would be the right word. I don't care if things are realistic, I care more about shit making sense.

Like I said before, Wondy has the bracelets, with which she famously deflects bullets with. In-universe, this is perfectly reasonable due to her enhanced reflexes, and the fact the bracelets themselves are made from the remains of the legendary Aegis.
On the other hand, Vixen, who in her day job is a supermodel, regularly gets fucked up by villains, and somehow manages to keep her good looks. You're seriously telling me the infamously cutthroat fashion industry lets her keep her job if there's even a vague chance of her not looking impossibly beautiful at all times? Bullshit.

Thus far nearly all of this has been unrelated to Sup Forums.

That's what you get from larpers from a nuclear wasteland.

Muh practical female armour autists are the same self-righteous incels who tell you women are more beautiful without makeup.

your looking for
>>/tg/

>In-universe, this is perfectly reasonable due to her enhanced reflexes
It's not given that she's impervious to bullets anyway, fuckwad.

>I want gritty stories
You should've started with that so we could all simply ignore you, boy.

>Wonder Woman
>impervious to bullets
Spotted the retarded casual. Seriously, read a fucking book, faggot. Better yet, just fucking kill yourself.

>Wonder Woman
>not impervious to bullets
Did you just get thawed after being in a block of ice since WW2, grandpa?

So they just robbed a museum?
That certainly explains why they would wear historical or good replica armor with absolutely no personal touch to it.
Also I cannot get over how much the dialogue dates this.
1. EXPOSITION HARD! Tell, we don't have the means to show.
2. Women cannot be right about anything. The protagonist has a hunch, dammit! Your information cannot stand before the might of just hoping it's not as bad as it sounds!

Any instance of Wondy being impervious to bullets is an instance of shit writing brought on by DC trying to make her into Superman with tits. In her own book, she is not, and never has been, impervious to bullets. That's what the fuckin' bracelets are for, dumbass.

>wanting stories to make logical sense is a bad thing
Once again, kill yourself.

My fetish.

I think this is the first actual Sup Forums post I’ve seen in his thread. Why did I have to scroll this far down?

The bracelets are for looking cool. Like most heroes wearing a fabric suit.
Your "making sense" argument is just autistic incoherence. And I'm having so much fun with it.

Oh, okay. So you're just straight up being a stupidity apologist. "People" like you are why comics are such utter garbage now. Please, for the sake of the medium, kill yourself.

>but for slender beauty
What are you talking about? She's a thin blonde with long legs that was primarily a super model before getting into acting. She's perfect for it, especially if you keep her in the suit which a proper Metroid movie would do. Fuck zero suit faggots. They ruined the franchise.

>now
>implying
Capeshit was always garbage

At least post the newest rendition of ZSS.

>Because if your liege lady has to go out and lead you to the battle

how would that ever happen

This. I am talking about this.
Too tall, too broad in the shoulders for good actor proportions.
Yes, she does clean up nice in a dress, but she's so much better when she gets to be angry, desperate and covered in dirt.
For action barbie Samus you really want someone who can emote for an hour without ending up looking like a braying donkey.

Why the fuck does this combat suit have heels?

But she'd be in the power suit. All you'd have to do is keep her face clean. And she's got all her experience wearing armor already and fighting in it, you wouldn't have to train her too much. Just sayin.

Dude, kings and knights made parade armours for themselves following trends like women with fashion now. Getting a full plate suit from that one smith the king used, oh man, I'm gonna look so hot.
It's not unheard of that a lady would have to suit up to rile troops even if she didn't fight herself. Most male nobles didn't fight either.

action barbie Samus was a mistake

Phasma was a meme, forced by Kathleen Kennedy to create her own Boba Fett. Although I do agree she's a clown in the movies, and makes me wonder why they created her in the first place.

Fuck sake it wouldn't be hard to make me like Phasma.

>have her give out battle orders so she looks like a commander and not a bodyguard
>let Phasma take her helmet off when she's not in combat (Gwen looks perfect without her helmet in behind the scenes)
>Have her win in TFA (have her be TR-8R, let her escape/sound the alarm from Han when they catch her, don't have her betray the FO so easily)

They had Brienne of Tarth in space, I was on board to love her and they fucked her up with the RotJ Fett treatment.

What are you even arguing?
I'm not saying she is bad for ANY Samus role.
I'm saying she wouldn't be good as the barbie doll Nintendo has insisted on in the games.
If you want a Samus who really looks like she fights aliens all day and eats dirt when she has to, Gwen is perfect.

The thing about Japanese aesthetics is that they really like things to be smooth and perfect and don't give two shits about realism or the immersion of Europeans with knowledge of historical armaments, warfare or human biology.
You call it a mistake, they call it sekushi.

Welcome to new SW, it's a lot of wasted potential

>they haven't learned their fucking lesson
Two nukes wasn't enough.