/hyw/ How's Your Webcomic? #454

I AM IMMORTAL edition
Previous thread Thread Question: Does your story have a set end point or are you going to keep this up forever?

Here's a list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do's and Dont's for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
The best webcomic ever created: mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

Other urls found in this thread:

capeworldcomics.com/
capeworldcomics.com/comic/cape-scraps-1-bat-holidays/
capeworldcomics.com/comic/princes-of-dawn-13/
tapas.io/episode/978645
loatheme.smackjeeves.com/
picarto.tv/LaundryMom
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/SPAWN-vs-THE-RED-FIRE-KNIGHT-page-4-wip-7-730137704
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We got three things today! First we got a new chapter in Black Terror: Symbol.

capeworldcomics.com/

I'm a little dissapointed with how it came out. I wanted to have more than 2K words ready this week, but what you have still gives a nice insight into Dr. Benton's post-war life and how strange his world is.

The setting is like Marvel or DC but with all the technology and magic being much, much, much more open and available to the public. I wanted to add some light transhuman themes to the story.

For instance kids in Dr. Benton's time have a hard time understanding time and distance because teleporation is a thing that exists and their minds are plugged into the noosphere. The meaning of "maps" in their time is different. History textbooks are called "map books" because history in their world comes closest to meaning a representational picture of distances.Geography is now a sub field of physics dealing with the natural state of physics in the absence of sapient manipulation.

Next we have my attempt at a goofy gap strip series with art by Edspear who has his own webcomic Colony Corps and does art for miscellaneous /tg/ projects and quests.

Can you find the time-stealing Easter egg? I bet you can't!

capeworldcomics.com/comic/cape-scraps-1-bat-holidays/

And finally Princes of Dawn with art by Planet Crunch returns!

capeworldcomics.com/comic/princes-of-dawn-13/

As always thank you for checking out the site. We appreciate any comments, criticism, and feedback you can give us.

I listened to feedback and changed the format of posts. Now instead of there being two comics of different sizes with one you can open in a different page its just one comic.

What do you think of the new format?

Since the last thread went to poop at the end, here's the last page of this chapter!

Ready to do this?
1/9

2/9

3/9

4/9

5/9
*Animu shenanigans intensifies*

6/9

7/9

8/9
No one will notice the Evangelion reference.

9/9
And it's over! I will start prepping the defeat pages soon enough. in the meantime, I hope you like this submission, Swimsuit Manager.

That's amazing. Gotta hand it to ya, that looks like a lot of work.

Just uploaded all the drafts of Chapter 1 to our Tapas page! Not much changed save for a few panels here and there, but if you like seeing how "in-progress" stuff looks when Nyamo sends it to me - it's worth checking out for sure.

tapas.io/episode/978645

Very nice! I think hand-to-hand fighters like Makoto, Ranma, and that monk from EO3 are the coolest, so Midori's definitely one of my favorites from these threads! I also love the pink detail you gave Chupacabro!

>read goriland's comic
>it was actually funny and made me laugh
now I want to be her friend

The pentagram bikini seems a little off in last panel.

You are preparing defeat drawing before the voting?

beautiful beautiful flat chests.

Ill start streaming the drawing of this page soon. but ill probably still be drafting and penciling it.

>Thread Question: Does your story have a set end point or are you going to keep this up forever?
Hopefully Ill reach end game by chapter 8-10. I want to do some epilogue chapters so I can develop Hiroe's dad a bit more without just telling.

Jesus christ dude, you went above and beyond. amazing stuff.
maybe take it down a notch next time??

in the second panel I cant really read the action text, so its best to change that

loatheme.smackjeeves.com/

WOO! PAGES! YEAH!!

would you give your characters big tits just to piss off tumblr if given the chance?

I would but huge tits aren't really my thing.
Would rather just make very revealing clothing, but I prefer more modest girls.
Making a housewife character who is subservient to her husband would probably piss them off even more than a big tiddied woman honestly.

Midori's hands are a little tiny in this one
anyway you are amazing and this is a fantastic thing you've done here.

me too

keke

I assume it's going up uncensored on your site?
Still loving this comic.

yeah, just not gonna risk a ban. Sup Forums mods are really inconsistent with what they think is sfw

You. I like you.
Apparently the worst thing you can do is have a cute young girl that turns into a busty adult. That drives them insane.

I think what they think is the worst thing is to have non chubby curvy girls with huge ass tits, just look at the way they went at pyra and enid from ok ko

yeah exactly
what is your new comic called?

That's what I meant by busty adult. I thought it went without saying "instead of just a chubby loser" didnt wanna rub it in. One walks a fine line making fun of stereotypes, it's best not to go overboard especially when these are people we'd rather convert to the side of good.

Cool, I'm glad you liked it!

Yeah, I fucked it up, and forgot to fix it, I may do a 2.0 version of that page to add the fix later.
>You are preparing defeat drawing before the voting?

I haven't seen anything yet, but Mitch and Nyamo have a very good way to handle stuff like this, so I don't have many hopes to win this. Not to mention, doing this halted everything related to my personal project, so even in the remote case I win, next one would still be considerably shorter.

>maybe take it down a notch next time??
When it come to action sequences, I love to do as much as I can, though like I said before, in case I win, I probably go for a short gag next time.

>Midori's hands are a little tiny in this one
Fug, I can't believe I didn't notice it, good eye.
>anyway you are amazing and this is a fantastic thing you've done here.
Thanks a bunch, I had a blast doing this.

You're killing me

I can't draw big tiddies, sadly, but I would totally do big tiddies, not to piss them off, but to please myself.

Character

Looking great! It looks like Mitch and Nyamo have some serious competition.

Oh hey, it's been so long that I forgot who you are or what your comic is. This is an interesting look, her dress is so princessy but it seems she's been through some shit and picked up a belt and boots from a larger adventurer, presumably out of necessity. Plus spare web cartridges on her wrists in case she runs out, and a handy head-mounted smoke detector!

"Delruby Dawn" title subject to change since every time I tell someone that, they say "whats a delruby, " this is a remake, if you want to see the older version google the name.

I just started streaming the page being drawn uncensored here picarto.tv/LaundryMom If anyone's interested in my drawing process should watch.

I can't wait to go ham with my action this chapter. once again great stuff dude.

She's a shoddily built Frankenstein's monster who got sent to what is essentially medieval Australia so she's gonna need those web cartridges.

does clip studio seriously not have a pill-shaped word bubble tool at all?

yeah, I'm mostly giving them big titties because I enjoy drawing sexual characters and sexually suggestive stuff in general, but its nice to ruffle Tumblrs feathers a bit if given the chance

I like the arm cannon, reminds me of android 16

OHHH yeah this!! I remember now

Put that shit away, it's disguting

Doesn't have much range, unfortunately.

Yeah? Cool. I'm trying not to be as lazy this year so I hope that pays off so I can have a comic to show for it.

Okay. Let's see about this easter egg.The Miracle Monday and Batman Birthday dates are correct and canon. Props there Capeman. Is it Joker being outside the bars? Damien showing up on Father's Day?

Laundry Mom I got a question and I'm being totally serious here. Is Pam ideally what you want to look like as a woman? Is that the kind of body you want?

nah man, Besides her udder cluelessness and stupidity, Pam is my perfect girl. tomboys are amazing dude. I make my avatars in mmos tomboys so I can use them as screenshot simulators.
Tera, and final fantasy 14 have been great for this reason

I'm already a thick boy so Ill probably grow into a curvy chub body. I'd want much bigger breasts, and hair is really bowlish and messy like hiroes.

>I'm already a thick boy so Ill probably grow into a curvy chub body
>obese notalent adult man thinks he can become a "thick" anime tomboy
No wonder trannies kill themselves, living failures.

>grow into a curvy chub body
You are already fully grown. In fact, that's the problem. You're way to big to be a woman, let alone a girl.

golly, I wonder why someone who's been bullied for not being handsome might be desperately trying to become something people like
it's not as if this could have been averted with a little loving support and acceptance of different kinds of masculinity.

>It turned into insults and tranny jokes
why the fuck did I even answer.

Laundry Mom you don't have to go to the extreme of being a tranny to get a good body. Get some barbells and start doing squats and lunges. Work through the pain of an out of shape body reacting to exercise and do it every day no matter what. Get in shape, then start getting gains.

You guys like my One Piece ripoff webcomic?

>Even Stones is making fun of Mabel now
Well fuck.

nah we buds

>the only i'm trans cause I'm not good looking
>it wasn't me who posted that
you do realize I'm gonna have to do serious exercise after I start hormones so body fat redistributes like a females right? I already own an elliptical.

you guys are dumb as fuck

uh, I'm not him. My suggestion is the second sentence of the post you replied to. Weights are good and all but you should be okay with being a chubby dude if that's how you ended up.

last time I checked, more fat = more feminine body, period. not that I'm advising you.

So you're actually going to go through with hormones?

HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA CUM SO FUCKING HARD TO THAT TIGHT LITTLE HIROE ASS

>desperately trying to become something people like
Yeah, but make it realistic. Get fit, dress nice, read books, explore nature, be more personable, learn a craft, develop a skill, improve your life and your depression
These are viable things a man can do to improve his personal health and social standing. You don't have to be an anime woman to be accepted. In fact, a fat loser wishing he was his anime waifu is probably the most pathetic thing you can be.

We don't disagree, but I'm blaming you

>turning yourself into a freakish doughey effete man with long hair and makeup instead of just accepting how you were born
You're never going to be a cute girl. Your cute girl prime has long past, and even if you transitioned young you still wouldn't be as cute as a biological woman.
You will soon get too old, look like a goblin creature with mascara, then kill yourself after realizing you will never be cute or desired.

>I already said I didn't want to be like her
>I've been to therapy and have been handling it realistically.
>ignores everything I had said and just posts about the subject pretending I hadn't said a word
I hope this is all just bait

fucking talk about webcomics. Sup Forums leave.

>but I'm blaming you
y

If you didn't want to be made fun of for being a tranny, you shouldn't have ever told anyone. It's not relevant to your comic, so this entire situation is your fault, really.

HAHAHA
>If I didn't want to be made fun of for being myself I shouldn't have told anyone
I never even mentioned it in the thread until someone else brought it up. I only told other community members. It's you faggots who keep bringing it up in the thread. why the fuck do you care.

long hair and makeup would be more masculine
you and your confusing standards are what got the kid so mixed up to begin with.
I dunno how else to spell it out.
Supportive. You're not being.
You can think you're dishing out useful advice and tough love, but the people who advocate the guy mutilating himself? Those people will be providing support, and it's going to work if you can't outpace them.

I have personal stuff about me I wouldn't share to the public just because it's "being myself".
You don't even show your face, so what's the point of letting people know you're a tranny going to therapy? You're on Sup Forums. You knew people would insult you for it.

>Does your story have a set end point or are you going to keep this up forever?
There is a point I have in mind but it's possible to continue afterwards if I felt like it.

I don't care about being supportive. My tolerance for feminized whiny manchildren is at 0, especially the ones so coddled and feminized they want to be women. I hope he does mutilate himself, so he can't pass down his defective genes.

>what's the point of letting people know you're a tranny going to therapy?
because I didn't let people on Sup Forums know. It was a discord that wasn't even fucking tied to this thread.
it was you faggots who made a big deal about it and brought it up, you cunts made it known.

once again WHY DO YOU FAGGOTS FUCKING CARE.

>you cunts made it known.
So you posted about it on the /hyw/ discord as "laundry mom", not even to a personal friend? And you were expecting this to not get discussed on Sup Forums?

And thus you are contributing to the problem. To reiterate: I blame you

Stops projecting. This happened ages ago when LM was using Mabel as name. Discord used to be more close and personal than this threads, so a lot of people said shit they wouldn't say here like Dewd's cuck story.
Stop putting the blame on the victim for once and accept that someone leaked out stuff they shouldn't and now y'all making a circus outta it.

I'm done replying here. Ive been here much longer than "laundry mom" and much much before the hyw discord.

talk about fucking webcomics.

It was never a secret that mabel was a dude using a girl's name. we have like five of those.

Jesus christ lad. Are you literally this stupid? It's like you purposely come here to take a punch and reveal even more personal info.

As someone who always lets sexuality ambiguos, you gotta learn to not care and just let people spout whatever they want, they don't know who you are and never will, why give a fuck in the first place?

Second, why is it even relevant that you're trans? Nobody has to fucking know, why did you feel the need to spout it? You just opened yourself to get hit with that revelation. Your whiny nature and explosive behaviour only add gas to the fire.

Also the entirety of your work is influenced by this and your inestability and unwillingness to improve only foreshows your low capacity of being self-efficient, and your constant beg for approval only shows your high level of insecurity, the fact that you're still here even after so many fake attempts to leave only prove the type of low willed and weak person you are.

Get out. Find a place on Tumblr, or on any other fucking site, but not here, this isn't your safe place and nobody here actually likes you. You just come here to suffer on your own will.

>low capacity of being self-efficient
>your constant beg for approval
>high level of insecurity
>low willed and weak person
Maybe he really is a woman trapped in a man's body.

I'm going to slow this down and break this up for you retards.

I HAVE ALREADY SAID

IT IS YOU PEOPLE THAT BRING UP tHAT I AM TRANS

ME BEING TRANS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY WORK

I AM TRYING TO POST ABOUT MY TOMBOY CHARACTERS TITS.

THE FACT THAT I BROUGHT IT UP

IN A DISCORD NOT TIED TO THIS THREAD

IS FUCKING MEANINGLESS.

also
>unwillingness to improve
shut. the fuck. up, you absolute fucking garbage fire of an artist, and human being.
are you going to dm me on discord trying to give me life advice again?

You haven't been around for a while, luce. Mabes is actually being cool lately.

well, was.
Nice going, asswipe, you broke it.

Read the fucking thread, you retard. Someone else threw personal info in here, and it's getting super old to see every reply to Mabel "b-but you'r a tranny"
And now you join the fry thinking you're some hotshot with hot takes to thrown, when you can't even bother to read the fucking thread.

>respond to questions about you being trans
>throw a shitfit when people insult you
>continue to respond anyways
>"but talk about comics guys"
Just ignore it if you want to keep the thread on topic.

/hyw/ was a mistake

Don't shame us for a few spoiled tomatoes

You're literally proving me right with this response.

Not really. I came to lurk a few times and I saw the same stuff

I have dealt with this unstable idiot too long to not know its inner psychology, this person or whatever the thing he identifies as has no fix. I can only resort to insulting it.

officially started working on page 4 of my one shot: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/SPAWN-vs-THE-RED-FIRE-KNIGHT-page-4-wip-7-730137704

It's ok, I can female shame since I'm something LM can never be a girl

Bones, we're in a serious discussion as why tranny boy sucks, care to participate?

or you could try being nice. I've never seen niceness derail a thread.

>lucy acting like he's any better
kek

I have Discord messages that prove that I have been nice to this asshole multiple times. And he goes mercurial and spouting stuff or being plain rude. I have no consideration of changing my viewpoint or moderating my tone.

Been debating this in my head for a while. Basically my characters meet very shortly after the story begins. I want to start the story right when they meet, since it is interesting. The first 20 pages of a webcomic make or break it for me. If it's boring, I will probably remain uninterested and not continue
But I feel like I'm losing a bit of info skipping their "origin", right before they meet.

Should I just start when it gets interesting, or develop the story a bit more and have a slower-paced start?

nobody's asking you to do that. maybe just don't fan the flames? and maybe remember that you're not perfect either, and you could easily have ended up like this fuck if you'd been born a pampered american instead of a broke burrito whose tough life taught him basic common sense.

If you drop to a point where someone like me is scolding your behavior, you have severely fucked up and need to reconsider your life.

Here's a fucking progress post.

>I know his inner psychology.
you mean my inner psyche, right dipshit?
you don't fucking know me you brain dead shit. you have personally talked to me ONCE. don't pretend you're inside my head to seem smart and cool.

why would I be nice to you, why would I ever respect you.
you don't treat me any better, you act like you're a better person than anyone around you.
You tried giving me life advice when you don't even know me or anything about my life. I dont pretend I know what hard shit you've been through.

with the original post that started this I basically slipped in why I designed Pam like that, cause I like tomboys. I was hoping to get a discussion going about that instead. but I guess not.

You know you're just acting like a vapid cunt yourself, right?

I would say let them share their important info when they meet
not necessarily like hey let me tell you my life story
but like, take an important fact from that origin info, then illustrate it in some of their early interactions.

>be an artist marketing yourself online
>frequently get into heated arguments on Sup Forums with your name attached
No matter how right you think you are, getting into unnecessary drama makes you look unprofessional as hell. Notice how the seldom few good artists who stop by never respond to incendiary posts or drama, and never lose their calm.

ohh, ooh, maybe I should bring up that time you brought down every single member of the /hyw/ discord, pretending you made better work than every single one of them. and trying to criticize all of them at once when artist have specific problems and styles that cant be criticized in one singular post.