Peanuts

Let's have a Peanuts/Charlie Brown thread.

Share anything you have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A15v4tTab0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Necessary reaction to represent the grief in my life.

Necessary reaction to represent the distress in my life.

I'm not sure but I feel like I may have low-key crushed on Frieda when I was very little. I've always had a thing for curly haired girls.

Why is everyone an asshole to Charlie Brown, you ask?

In the early strips when he was younger, he was a huge twat who used to play pranks on the other kids, and they remember that shit. Literally DEEPEST LORE.

I really wish that the collections weren't so damned expensive
Back in elementary school the librarian had three copies of a collection of Peanuts comics, and I was the only one that read them. But suddenly they we're gone from the shelf, and I couldn't understand why, but they were gone for the next two weeks, right before it was time for me to leave for middle school. On the last day before I graduated elementary school, she gave me a small package and told me to open it. She had them rebound from their original, dingy little bindings into some nice blue, green and red covers. I ended up giving them to a neighborhood kid, but I miss reading them.
Hell, I'd just buy the ones that had my favorites if I could find them cheap. I'd just like to have them so I could read them when I'm feeling blue and share them with my kids

Posts pics of Charlie Brown getting his well-deserved revenge

Someone give me general info on Peanuts. I am too young to understand its greatness and since I'm a latin american I relate the influence to what Quino and her character Mafalda was for us.

if you're too young to know peanuts, you're too young for Sup Forums

No, it's the other way around:

If you're old enough to have know and really have experienced it's greatness, you probably haven't heard of Sup Forums.

I'm 30 and I'm surprised by how many people my age have never read the Peanuts strip. They know the tv specials, and they're aware that the specials are based on a newspaper comic, but barely anyone I've asked around my age has actually read any of them.

When I was a kid my bookcase was full of Peanuts collections. I know by the time I started reading it the strip was in its last decade, but was Peanuts passed its prime by the 80s? Did the strip inevitably get overshadowed by the television cartoons?

The author passed away. the final strip was published shortly after his death according to wikipedia

Yes, I know Schulz died. What I was trying to convey is that when I was a kid, which would have been before Schulz died, I was really steeped in the Peanuts newspaper comics, and I just assumed that Peanuts comics were ubiquitous to any average American childhood at the time. But as an adult I can't find any adults my age who read Peanuts strips as children, they just know the animated stuff.

Basically, I'm trying to decide whether or not I was a weird kid who read newspaper comics.

As in, did no no kids read newspaper comics besides me?

EVERYBODY read the newspaper comics as a kid.

Think anime slice of life with cute characters, but the writing is actually good

An alignment chart I posted over That's very sweet. I'm get to have collected all the strip (pic related) because of how wary I am with my spending.
I don't think anyone is too 'young' for Peanuts, it seems to have the most diverse readership of any comic I know of. From 80 year old ladies, to 8 year old kids. From academics and journalists, to middle aged mothers and millennials.
This 'spread' is quite thin, though. But it's a nice one, and I derive a great deal of joy from talking to other Peanuts fans of any age.

Wouldn't existing be true neutral instead of good?

I suppose that's a good point. I didn't think too hard about selecting quotes and I do maintain he's 'good', for being helpful to his friend, unconditionally loving to his sister, etc.

There's deeper lore to Peanuts than this.

was she supposed to be the red haired girl?

Who is that chemo mocking kid?

I'm Chilean and I read some Peanuts comics as a kid and watched some of the tv specials.
Sadly there's no collection of Peanuts strip for sale in my countrys. Not in English nor translated as far as I know (nobody sells any Fantagraphics stuff around). The only things that are available are cutesy, lovey-dovey merch featuring Snoopy.

How... *nervously stammers* how much you want for it?

How about a whole short film?
youtube.com/watch?v=A15v4tTab0Y

there is so much golde

this. born in 1995 and I would still read them every Sunday.

gotta love that boy

It's disturbing how much I connect with this comic. I can be doing something I love and suddenly just get depressed and angry and think about the fact that I'm going to die one day

OF ALL THE MOTHAFUCKAS IN THE WORLD CHARLIE BROWN, YOU DA MOTHAFUCKEST

> sometimes I download Dupuy font and make up bullshit captions for this frame that other people think Schulz wrote

You have to respect the commitment of that kid bullying the girl with cancer
Many people would stop well before thaf but not this kid, this kid decided that everyone gets it, he will probably get grounded for months over it and he knows it

I can't believe this was regarded as comedy for kids 50 years ago.

>I can't believe how sheltered I am, no the world must have been terrible
Yes, kids actually skinned their knees. TW

>tfw this was Peppermint Patty's final appearance

kids skinned their knees not deal with existential dread and depression

>not deal with existential dread and depression
what is the cold war

I'd wager he's Joe Agate.

As a kid I used to wonder a lot about what does dying mean and get ridiculously anxious before sleeping thinking about it and never told anyone.
It still happens every once in a while, but now I can relax a bit more easily. Assuming that my conscience permanently ends with death is creepy.

extremely relatable

>Chaotic evil
Holy shit

>was Peanuts passed its prime by the 80s?
Peanuts was in more newspapers than any other comic strip in the entire world throughout basically its entire run (the only other comic strip that even came close was Garfield), but it definitely hit its peak in the 60's.
In my opinion, the 80's was when Peanuts was at its worst in terms of quality, but it started to pick up steam again in the 90's, which rivals some of the 60's material.

>I really wish that the collections weren't so damned expensive
Fantagraphics have been releasing paperback versions of the books which are about half of the cost.

doing this was the quickest way that I found out that none of my friends actually liked me.
I hate them

This one is my favorite daily.

This is touching

I have a mighty need...

this still happens and we're all in our 20s
i know they love me but they all lead such busy lives right until i ask them to hang out

No.

>be a college freshman
>move into the dorms
>decide to put yourself out there and try to be social
>make lots of friends
>get tons of girls' phone numbers
>people think you're a ladies' man and a social butterfly
>but really you struggle to make plans with people
>90% of the time you try to hang out with people they're unavailable
>this strip becomes your life
>slowly withdraw from society
>go days or even weeks at a time without having a conversation with someone
>haven't seen most of your friends in over a year

it hurts

>spend years buying volumes of "The Complete Peanuts"
>finally have all 26 volumes
>they start a different collection that collects all of the Sunday strips in color
>mfw I have to put more money towards Peanuts books

>That last strip
Oh god my heart.