Top 2 in ratings for the network

>top 2 in ratings for the network
>most acclaimed show on network
>most merch aside from TTG, which has DC support
>gets treated like this

why, god?

I really, really don't know.
I don't know why networks treat good shows like this. They did the same thing with Harvey Beaks.
It's just so odd, and kind of horrifying- Imagine YOU've made a successful cartoon of this caliber- and this happens. How must that feel?

Steven's VA was 16-17 when the show started, now he's going to turn 21. At this rate, he'll be 30 before the show has a new intro

>Watch more Teen Titans Go!

for real. and i doubt it’s a controversy thing. zamii and the keystone motel stuff were almost 3 years ago, “bismuth” “gem harvest” and the concrete drama eventually burned out, and even stuff that could be considered potentially controversial like fluorite was mostly positively received.

>>top 2 in ratings for the network
That's hardly a selling point when said network only airs two fucking shows.

It is when your show isn't even one of the two shows the network airs

>Goblino Muttverse
>acclaimed

Whoever came up with the bomb format needs to die

>ITS YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW!
Dark times user. Dark times.

Bombs are fine.

I just want a more consistent schedule.

For a split second I thought this was the HxH hiatus calendar.

I betcha there's a lot of rewritings because Sugar only planned for three seasons & Cartoon Network wants more. There's less than fifteen half-episodes remaining this season.

IIRC, CN didn't ask for two new seasons, they ordered seasons 2 and 3 to be divided in half

I remember Ian tweeting about how they didn't really have a plan past mirror gem/ocean gem as that's when the series was originally supposed to end, so I wouldn't be surprised really.

I don't watch SU because I don't like blacks.

It was less "that's where the series was *supposed* to end" and more "we didn't know if we'd get renewed past that point". At least, according to the podcast he did on it.

Should probably make something clear;

This is CN US schedule. I just looked at their canada schedule and it's... actual fucking variety of many popular shows. Regular Show, Adventure Time, TDI, We Bare Bears, SU, Clarences... PPG slipped in there but still.
And from midnight to 6am it's like Johnny Bravo, EE&E, Dexter, Flapjack, and Grim Adventures.

What the fuck is with the US schedule being ALL TTG?

Also why does it seem no one ever mentions this being a US only thing? From all these discussions and lack of me looking it up it almost sounded like this was a global thing.

And yet not a single once of it actually makes the characters look appealing

Damn it CN, I need a Peridot waifu toy

>make waifu pillows of popular CN waifus
>never lose money

everyone on tumblr said they thought the og chart was a loss meme at first

>top 1 in ratings for the network
FTFY

Because miller hates he show and yet has an autistic hard on for TTG because its cheap and is perfect for the preschool demo she craves so much because shes literally stuck in the 70s and thinks cartoons should only be for small kids like the retarded bitch she is

BASED Miller. She knows toxic faggotry and liberalism when she sees one.

Someone should skin you alive for even ironically supporting that ball sucking bitch

Bombs get higher ratings than weekly airings, and you don't have to wait an entire week to be disappointed by the shit writing, it can happen and end immediately.

It's objectively better for everyone.

I'm sorry, what merch? A few poorly made UFO plushes, a couple bootleg figurines, an iOS game and a console game that looks like an iOS game? Oh yeah, that's a shit ton of product.

And various action figures, playsets, that beast boy gorilla tank, and a new funko-pops every tie a character so much as changes shirts

It's going to get canned isn't it?

Just thank them they're not airing an entire season in 3 weeks to push it off the schedule. The fans are rabid enough to know any time a new episode TITLE is announced, they'll work around the schedule.

Rebecca clearly wants to drag out what put her on the map. For the first 2 years it didn't even matter how the show's quality was, she coasted on "first CN showrunner to be a woman" alone

The same way AMC slashed the budget of their most successful and first fully-owned show and kicked out said show's popular Hollywood director showrunner and created one of the most derided seasons in television history.

Money.

He was talking about SU not TTG

Approved

It's because they are treating SU like GOT.
SU is a show that people watch for story and characters. Regardless of how you feel about it, its undeniable that it has a massive fanbase thats intrigued in the story and wants to see it end. This is an audience that will wait endlessly for new content and when its released, will boost up CN´s ratings more than any other show in the network besides TTGO!

SU is the show they keep from fans until they release episodes sporadically because they think the wait means more views. Just like how the GOT fans wait a year to see new episodes and HBO´s ratings break new records every year.

But what CN fails to realize is that steven universe isn't game of thrones. Steven universe still has its slice of life episodes that don't advance the story at all,has a slow pace and the major arcs take a while to get to. I remember when we had to wait fucking weeks for onion gang and rocknaldo. Nobody wanted to wait weeks to get pass those episodes to the good shit! Those episodes wouldn't have mattered if they had aired back to back one day, because the next days we would get better episodes.
A proof that this tactic is real is the diamonds revealed. YD was revealed January 2016. Blue Diamond was revealed January 2017. Pink Diamond was revealed this January 2018. And you bet your ass CN is gonna drag the show so WD´s reveal is on January 2019.

By employing this tactic, even if they get good ratings, they are killing the show. If SU had the schedule OK KO had when it premiered, or even the schedule star vs has when it comes back, it would make double the ratings, and they wouldn't lose fans. Hell, most of the hate that SU has right now its due to the fans getting sick of waiting and in retrospective seeing the show isn't that good.

So fucking stop it CN. Steven Universe isn't Game of Thrones.

>most acclaimed show on network
>most merch
PROOOOOOOOF?

You don't get a consistent schedule with the bomb format. That's kind of how it works. The two scheduling formats oppose each other.

Shit show deserves a shit schedule.

>SU is the show they keep from fans until they release episodes sporadically because they think the wait means more views. Just like how the GOT fans wait a year to see new episodes and HBO´s ratings break new records every year.

i'm not saying HBO doesn't do this but uh it takes them a year to make it. the reason the final season is an extra wait iirc is they have to film in winter bc you know Winter is Here and all

>its undeniable that it has a massive fanbase thats intrigued in the story and wants to see it end.
As a non-fan, I too want to see it end.

More like

>Use our app!
>Use our app!
>Use our app!
>Use our app!