Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98451750/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Carnevalor
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Line_of_the_Sup
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Comics
dis.4chanhouse.org/comic/res/146.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last time:

-More Seasons Girls pics, progress on the comic continues
-Characters generated in a waifu thread were posted to see if they could be given backstory
-Discussion about Golden Girl
-Discussion about the Machine Cult
-Placing more characters into the KGBeasts (Komrade Red)
-Discussion about Alpha, the robot boy, and trying to figure out which insect he themed his costume after
-Firedamp gets remembered
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras are both this coming week. Maybe we'll see some content based on those.

I guess it's gonna be a slow thread this weekend.

Any word on 'I know a guy'?

Will have the thumbnails for Season Girls Page 4 tomorrow or on Monday, been busy with work this week.

Good to know.
Looking forward to it.

In the meantime I guess I'll need to find some way to keep the thread up since things are dead this weekend for whatever reason.

Past experience tells me it would be too much to ask for some Carnevalor discussion.

Oooh I like the look! Tell me more.

We used to post costumes from Venetian parades to derail Dobson threads.

He's a he; that's just Collette dressed up like him.

Some ideas for Jetpack Viking:
- the wiki says he has the ability to grow a full bears immediately. I propose an addition to this: the ability to wear his helmet at all times. So if he removes his helmet, he has another, identical helmet underneath, should he will it so.
- it was mentioned that his ultimate weapon is a giant WH40k style thunder hammer, that he doesn't use much because it's too heavy to fly around with. I was thinking about how to access this weapon in the middle of a battle, and the solution was obvious: hammerspace. He (and Jetpack Valkyrie) can access hammerspace when they are changing armaments. Scientifically it is an armory they access through a pocket dimension, but in any comics it is never shown in any other way than them pulling a weapon from behind their back or from off-panel.

So what makes the costume so great that Sup Forumslette has to cosplay as him?

It just looks cool...

So there's nothing about the Venetian costume? There's no actual character?

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Carnevalor

We had a Sup Forumslette template a few... fuck, FIVE years ago and so she was drawn dressed as a lot of characters.

He's one of our seasonal characters.
Everyone dresses like that on Mardi Gras.

I still would like to pit him up against Chicken Divine and have onlookers think it's a street performance.

Meant for Each year I try to poke for interest on him during the thread(s) around the holiday, but each year there's little to no interest.

His magic mask has many different looks.

An easy way to use the hammer would be to fly above the target, summon it, then let gravity and jet thrusters do the rest.

We really haven't discussed him in-depth in a long time.

do Sand Queen and Silver Dragon count as /coc/ characters? i made them for a Sup Forums waifu thread and i kinda want to draw more of them but have no idea where i'd post them

If a character was drawn for Sup Forums or with Sup Forums in mind, then yeah, it counts under the /coc/ banner as long as you're cool with other people doing whatever with them.

I've mentioned before, but the Silver Dragon really does bring back memories of the Supermoms project.

Got any ideas of what you want to do with them? Are they related?

Speaking of the Seasons Girls and how their main story takes place in the past does this mean the "present" has them as hardened and experienced heroes?

Do you mind them having adventures with the other /coc/? Do you not mind others being able to change them? do you like the idea of these characters be used by anyone in here? IF you said yes to all those, they can be here as much as there's interest in them. Else, a WOYA would be more the thread your looking for.

Well, they were made on Sup Forums and part of no particular setting? If you'd like to incorporate them into the Sup Forumsverse then you're more than welcome to. This thread's as good as any, especially if you draw them interacting with other /coc/ characters.

By the time they meet Anna they'll have had like 10 years of experience under their belts.

Depends on the story you'd want to tell in that time frame I'd say.

Technically, just to point this out, they wouldn't even need to be part of any of the main Sup Forumsverse settings to be included under the /coc/ banner.
But having them find a place in the greater Sup Forumsverse and/or being drawn with other Sup Forums created characters certainly helps drumming up continued interest or seeding the possibility of interest re-surging even years later.

I mean the only real reason to have them not part of the general setting would be if they were part of another specific setting, which they don't seem to be. So it didn't seem worth bringing up.

I just wanted to make sure the definition of "/coc/" (Sup Forums creations) was made clear since sometimes things go a bit haywire in these threads when we're not clear.
A lot of things actually fall under the /coc/ banner that we don't ever discuss in these threads, it's weird like that, but beside the explanation already given.

Wouldn't even be the first, second, or third time a waifu character became a character.

>By the time they meet Anna they'll have had like 10 years of experience under their belts.
Who's Anna? Anastasia?

I mean, Sup Forumslette. Even at the beginning, there were frankenwaifus.

Yeah. It's just faster typing Anna.

Sup Forumslette's the big one, there's also one of the members of the Vixen Six, that robot catgirl thing, and at least a few other memorable ones.
There was the mosquito one a few years ago that I only remember from magi's redesigns.

Does a guy named Thatch drop by these threads?

Don't think so. Why?

Poor Anastasia. She needs some friends her own age that aren't drunken Scots.

That's not very sporting now is it?
I consider him to be one of the few characters who cares about having a fair fight mano-a-mano, and not flail around with real-time weapons change like a video game protagonist. He's a viking with a jetpack, not Dante.

Almost no one is doing any actual long term content (the only exception I can think of is Ladybug). Honestly if you make some stories about them, you'd be free to change the setting no matter what Sup Forums thinks about it, simply because no one else is making anything else. These threads are just brainstorming anyway.

And I'd love to see our characters finally getting their own stories, most of them are 10 years old now, and these threads are just life support by a dozen or so oldbies.

Nevermind then. I had his opinion on something. Guess I'll get back to bed.

>these threads are just life support by a dozen or so oldbies.
It hurts because it's true.

Sometimes I feel like I come to these threads to try and manufacture and recapture the magic of years ago.

Fuck you, now you made me depressed.

If we consider the timeline to be as people came up with the characters, then if the Seasons interacted with, say Colette, then it would have to be an adult Colette who is in her mid-late 20s at the minimum.

If I knew how to draw, I would've made a comic with them.

>Fuck you, now you made me depressed.
Welcome to Hotel California.

Or a teenage Colette who is secretly mad that real life magical girls are all a bunch of U WOT M8 Bongs.

>Welcome to Hotel California.
NO I WANT OUT

But really, I'm thinking about the inherent anachronism in the Seasonal Girls. Not sure how to word it concisely but it does almost seem that their own in-world reason to be is almost an attempt to re-instill this sense of the old and magical in people.

Well, when you need to drop THE HAMMER where else are you going to drop it from if not above?

And not quite 10 years, only Chaptor and his supporting cast is confirmed 10 years right now. The Justice Sup Forumsmrades might be 10 years, or 10 years very soon. Sup Forumslette isn't confirmed 10 years for another couple of months.

I don't share the sentiment mainly because I've been here long enough to recognize the patterns and to know that things were in no way, shape, or form "better" years ago. They were just different, but not better. It wasn't until like 2012 that /coc/ actually got organized, before that there were just spontaneous threads and characters being generated wherever, that still hasn't changed, the only difference now is there there's cataloguing of the characters and those spontaneously created characters eventually filter down into these threads.

Sure, I have nostalgia for certain drawfags and wish they'd come back, but as long as the threads continue to exist we'll still sometimes get people like the user making the Seasons Girl comic which wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Hell with it then. I drew this on a whim, not very good, but please leave feedback for me to try to improve.

>NO I WANT OUT

Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check out any time you like, but you may never leave.

>If we consider the timeline to be as people came up with the characters
Then nothing makes any goddamed sense.
Trust me, I tried that when putting together the time line and it didn't work at all.

One, Sup Forums didn't exist until 2006, so that's a hard cut off point that really limits what we could do if that were the case.
Two, each character has a backstory that may or may not have been created independently, trying to work all of those into the same liner progression of time is a clusterfuck. It's how the Seasons Girls got landed in 2004 instead of 201X.
Erin got sucked into the demon planes when the inversion happened, she still had Franks as currency, that gives a point of reference putting the inversion around 2001. The tail end of 2001 at that.
Sup Forumsntainment buys out Britainment about a year later. 2003.
Seasons Girls need a year to even get set up because that's how long it takes to get to each season to get them all active. 2004.

Sup Forumslette didn't become a hero until 2008. This is one of the many instances where placing when a character becomes active with when they were created works with everything else.
Sup Forumslette has ties to the Justice Sup Forumsmrades, she was a child and they were still around, can't have the J/co/ be founded during the same year since it would't work.
That lands the J/co/ in the 1990s for when they first set up.

This means the Seasons Girls have been in business for four years before Sup Forumslette became a hero.

And this is all only if anyone can be arsed to care.

This is my take on the mosquito character, and this is the only image I have drawn of her. The one that was pointed out in the line-up drawing last thread is a character know as silver beetle, but its for a separate project that ended a few years back.

Are you going for proportionate or stylized?

Stylized.

Oh. I'll have to remember that so as to not make that mistake again.

This is still the version of the character I remember. I just like the idea of characters with extra arms.

you are doing well
the right hand is at an awkward position, but don't beat yourself up over it, a hand on the hip is often wonky to draw, i suggest using more reference photos to make it look more natural
I also think the hips are a little off, but not by much her left side is definitely the issue.
but keep at it this is mostly great

I'd suggest giving her colors more contrast since right now it looks like they blend to black from a distance.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Feels weird after doing nothing but animu.

There's literally nothing wrong with animoo.

>

Looks like a generic comic book bimbo. The proportions are almost liefeldian.

Someone mentioned before that there was a botched spell at one point which caused primordial magic to run rampant throughout Europe. So now the continent is half medieval. It isn't full blown Heroes of Might and Magic, just that if you take your dog out for a walk, the trees might tell you to take him pissing somewhere else.

As an European, I fucking love that idea, and it makes for a very interesting setting world-building wise too. In the Sup Forums-verse, America has their super heroes making the world a bit more magical, while the good Old Continent is literally old school magical.

There's not much difference between 10 years and 9 year 11 months, especially once you are hitting your thirties. But let me put it in another way - how many comics did they get in that ten years? At this point, if you go as far as to make an actual long-term story with a /coc/ character, then you deserve to have them on the sheer basis that nobody else gives as much fuck as to do a long term story.

>They were just different, but not better.
No, they were better. Sup Forums today is a large collection of subreddits where we consciously make general threads about whatever is popular in the world. Sup Forums in the 00s was extremely fast and basic, and because of that, it was irrational, instinctual, and ingenious. It was the id of the internet and it generated its own culture. Today it is just another fucking social media site.

>as long as the threads continue to exist we'll still sometimes get people like the user making the Seasons Girl comic

When Colette was made, people started doing comics of her literally the next day. The Seasons girls took how long for that, 3 years...?

I'm talking a comic with a plot, not just a one page thing. Sup Forumslette had a bunch of one page comics, but it wasn't until like 2010 when she started getting multi-page works.

And there has always been another site someone has always blamed for the "state of Sup Forums" since forever, like back when other sites used to actually fight with Sup Forums.
I don't really think it's a topic worth eating up posts in this thread about though.

And I mean pages with panels, not just one image per page with text on it.
Like proper comics.

I just felt I needed to make that distinction.

Ladybug Christmas Special is almost done , no shadings though. I will be pushing to get this finished this weekend.

Is that Fire Bug?

That's funny if it is since I also used him a couple years ago when I wrote the Sup Forumslette Nutcracker Christmas story. Though only as the cameo badguy at the beginning.

>Someone mentioned before that there was a botched spell at one point which caused primordial magic to run rampant throughout Europe. So now the continent is half medieval. It isn't full blown Heroes of Might and Magic, just that if you take your dog out for a walk, the trees might tell you to take him pissing somewhere else.

The whole situation is that there was a portal between the Demon Realms and Earth, specifically in England and something (possibly the Empty Blindness, an otherworldly entity the Cosmic Crusaders fight later on in the timeline) tore its way through it. When it crashed out of the portal, it somehow caused the portal to snap back inwards on itself, which caused what was originally called "The Bad Thing that Happened", but came to be known as "The Inversion Event" once the actual process of it was better understood.

The portal being turned in on itself caused a backlash of magic that inverted the effects of most magic that it washed over. The Season Witch's protective charms became a vicious curse, the Wandering Country's veil became a beacon, Erin's summoning spell became a sending spell, what remained of the portal formed a barrier between the human realm and other realms, and all sorts of ancient sealing spells spilled their contents all over Europe. The proto-Britainment, the Queen's Queers (named a long time before anyone knew how silly that might end up sounding) got almost entirely destroyed in a single night since every magical something or other in their possession basically exploded. The last group of Seasons Heralds were killed in the midst of all this.

So, a bunch of old magic was released back into the world, a bunch of new magic flourished, and a whole fucking lot of people died.

It is indeed that most firey of bugs.

That Fire Bug, always causing trouble on Christmas.

In my head:

Justice Comrades have been around for a long time, they are the first metahuman group in North America. With a roster that changed over time, and with goals that changed over time. At one point they had just metahuman investigators (old times), bona-fida super heroes (golden/silver age), at another they have bureaucracy limiting their scope, at another they are a group of emergency workers not unlike police or firefighters (the current incarnation is a mix of this latter with some older associates still around). They've been around for so long, and are so well known, that someone is always willing to pick up the stick and continue the groups existence for no other reason than because as a child they dreamed of being there, or because they believe in what they do.
This mirrors Sup Forums and comics & cartoons as a general in our real life. Things like Transformers is still around and it is written by the people who played with the toys and made up their own stories as children in the 80s.

The lineup that we made with the superhero generator would be their 80s/90s lineup, the one that the mid 00s generation grew up idolizing.

Containment is a more modern, privately funded organization, also for disaster relief. With the world as it is, they just happen to have more metahuman members now, and have to deal with metahuman shit more often.

Conrad became active in 06, Colette in 08. Conrad is a bit older but not necessarily more mature. They DID train before that, naturally, so they have been around before - just not so publically.

cont.

Chaptor was active in... 19th century, maybe up to mid 20th century? I always looked at him like someone who'd fit in Rosa's Scrooge history.
He was very wealthy even at the time. Then he got time warped to the 00s, and found that his finances were still active and now worth so much that it really is difficult to even measure it. For this reason, he no longer has build his finances anymore. But due to being dropped into the modern era, he also has some discomfort over what the world became compared to what it was. So he is not only a good person, but has a reason to actively make the world better, which is why he does things like bankrolling the Justice Comrades in modern times. He still goes on adventures sometimes, mostly treasure hunting for old riches that belong in museums.

Nicky Two-Vests is even older, having been around the wild west era.

Ladybug is late 00s, early 2010s. The webcomic hasn't gotten yet to where I consider her to be by today: an established hero, if not necessarily a well known one. But she is experienced enough that she'd be able to join the Justice Comrades if she auditioned, other than that she'd be too shy to consider that.

The inversion (is this name of the event that made Europe all magical?) happened in the 2000s or maybe early 2010s if you want to parallel something from real life (the European immigration problems). The 4 Seasons existed prior, but were less significant (or even only just symbolic positions) as there was less magic to deal with. With magic becoming something that needs a modern monitoring and policing, British Containment has been ramped up extremely over the years. However, inexperience, pressure, and fast growth has led to mistakes, and this contributed to however the old seasons got killed. Then the new (current) ones got initiated in the mid-late 2010s, making them current age, as they are what we currently discuss the most.

Jetpack Viking is... old. His powers reduce his aging. The wiki put him in the modern age, but I'd like it better if he was older, more experienced. Being born in simpler times and being so old would give him a moral compass that others may lack, but he'd still be a merry and fun person - a bit of a cross between a warrior with pride and a merry grampa. My version is that he was an allied fighter in WW2 who crash landed in german-occupied Norway, and while hiding in the caves he found his jetpack that turned him into the Jetpack Viking. Over the decades he has been a soldier, a family man, a warrior, and a hero, and often part of the Justice Comrades. Since he ages slower than normal people, his original family is now long gone, so he spends time on his own in nature, or doing heroics if needed. Has been around for so long that he considers the Justice Comrades to be a family he can go back to even after a decade of hiatus.

After living for a while alone, he meets Jetpack Valkyrie. She, as an actual Valkyrie, was supposed to take him to Valhalla, but as his powers grant Viking a long age, he is not dead yet. Basically it was a giant mistake to even come for him. But because she can't go back without him, they got stuck together. Over time, they learned to respect and later even love each other, and became married.

This might not match up with everything else that has been written, and I admit that I don't know much about whatever has been made with some topics (in particular the Containment). And I know that the story I wrote for Viking is different than what you guys have, but I didn't find anything about him, and I think it kind of works.

Yeah, I agree that using people as they were created does not make for a good timeline, but it actually does work for a bunch of them surprisingly well. If anything, it would make ti possible to show the characters getting older, instead of permanently stuck in the same sliding timeline.

>it wasn't until like 2010 when she started getting multi-page works.

The only one I know of is the one Psu made and that was in like 2014. And it's unfinished.

>And there has always been another site someone has always blamed for the "state of Sup Forums" since forever

I'm not blaming anything, the why and how of Sup Forums becoming its current way is well documented already by sites like the Bibliotheca Anonoma. I'm just saying: early on, this site was something like no other site was. Today, it's a site like every other one.

Please keep going, man. It will be a huge treat to finally read a finished comic from you. Part of the reason why I still check this thread is your art.

You see, looking into everyone's backstories and all the stuff that's accumulated over the past 10 years, I came to different conclusions.

The first point I need to contest with you is that the Justice Sup Forumsmrades always were formed to combat the Sageworthy Society, it was INTERNET HATE MACHINE's attack on Sup Forums city that originally brought the group together.
So they couldn't have been around in the 80s.

Chaptor started financing the J/co/ not long after they started expanding, so he must've reappeared in the time line either sometime prior to the formation of the J/co/ or shortly after they formed. I've placed Chaptor and his supporting cast being flung from the 1890s to the 1980s because he did meet General Freedom before he grew the mustache, which didn't happen until after 1990 when he had a falling out with his adopted daughter and sidekick Liberty Lass.

Ladybug I've placed at 2011.

The inversion (yes, it made Europe have a lot of magic again after centuries of decline) I've placed at 2001 since the characters whose backstories tie into it make it be there.
The obvious parallel that I never wanted to have to explicitly state is that the inversion is like /coc/ 9/11.

Jetpack Viking was always stated to have "crashed his fighter jet during [most recent war here]" which I view as a sliding timeline, and I hate sliding timelines. Shit's lazy.
Originally that would've placed him at Dessert Storm to fit with being an establishing member of the J/co/, but he wasn't the first Jetpack Viking, there were others, but long ago.

This is all part of how I came up with what I have here
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Line_of_the_Sup Forumsverse
it's all based on all the stuff we've been talking about since 2007. There's plenty missing, but that's how I found it all fits together.
I'm not saying it's the end all be all, but it's a good starting point for not getting fuck all confused.

Endpice did one in like 2010. 24 pages.

>His magic mask has many different looks.
Shouldn't the mask be the only thing that remains the same if he's constantly changing costumes now?

No one ever draws it the same way twice, so the mask is always different looking.
He's the only guy who dresses like that year round, so he's not easily confused with anyone else. I wish I had more pictures of him.

Personally I like the way Cos-crus user draws him.

As said, and you might want to dial down the thicc juuuuust a bit.

Quite a number of lulls in thread activity this time around.

Yeah, the threads get like this sometimes.

If I had more time between my other projects, I'd probably make more consistent content. As it stands, it's just the occasional Moira piece and an attempt to help someone else, and then I slink into the shadows for a while. I kind of like seeing other people's take on things, so it's not all bad, but I do sometimes wish I had the time/ability to do a little more.

Oh well. Watching stuff like the Seasons kick off is still really cool.

Thanks, Satan.

I would actually like to talk more about the Blang aliens.

Like what kind of ships they have and what kind of tech they have.

>Jetpack Viking was always stated to have "crashed his fighter jet during [most recent war here]" which I view as a sliding timeline, and I hate sliding timelines. Shit's lazy.

That's why I mentioned WW2. Would've thought of WW1, but they didn't have planes in the Nordic theatre back then, to my knowledge.

>Originally that would've placed him at Dessert Storm

I thought of WW2 because Norway was an active participant, and a viking artefact is more likely to be in the Nordic region than in friggin Iraq.

>Endpice did one in like 2010. 24 pages.

Where may I find it? I like that guys art.

I always imagined Tennoc as mostly using swashbuckler-sci-fi tech, with everything focusing on a cool flagship and a core crew. He's probably got a few named members, including the actual driver of the ship.

Quaslan probably has something big and sharp, like a 90s comicbook alien. She also utilises a lot of robots and other such things, which are similarly either big or sharp. Stuff like flying bazzsaw bots. The only named character working with her right now is the awkward, put-upon Teo, who probably makes or oversees the creation of most of her tech.

Aside from that, I'm not sure... did you have anything you imagined?

Thing is, I'm not sure if Desert Storm actually happened in /coc/. The big wars still happened, but a lot of the ones fought over oil wouldn't have happened.

When Jetpack Viking got the jetpack is malleable since the part that really counts in this particular instance is just him joining Nicky and Manny Quinn when IHM attacks Sup Forums city.

I could give you a direct link to where to find it, but first I want to make this known
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Comics
because we do have a list of links for where to find comics about these characters.

Specifically
dis.4chanhouse.org/comic/res/146.html
but the pages are a little out of order and it bothers the hell out of me.

I was thinking if they would have a bunch of other aliens serving in their armada.
The Blang Dynasty was said to have a massive fleet, not all those ships could be automated, so there must be people working for them and a lot of them.
Are they the same species as them? Did they take over their entire race or is it a composite fleet made up of many races? Is there like a council of captains under Tennoc?

They must have some huge space battles against the other space factions to maintain their power base.

All good points. I'd always sort of focused on the flagships and the twins themselves rather than the armadas in my mind. In fairness, it's all a little goofy, but but still.

It's highly possible that they themselves are just arms of Papa Blang's main force, but they'd still have to have fleets, wouldn't they? At the very least they'd need a couple flagships with fighter squadrons, Star Wars style... Definitely something to think about.

As for aliens, if they're built up of pirates, they probably have a number of disparate pirate groups that got assimilated into the core, so there'd definitely be some variance there.

But if they've been around for as long as papa Blang, then odds are some form of society has developed as they transformed the fleet into an empire.
All those desperate pirate gangs united under his banner have had at least a whole generation, there could be high ranking people in the fleet who were born in the fleet.
They probably control at least a couple of star systems somewhere.

Even if they're still pirates, that does leave room for some sort of, I don't know, "legitimate" political force to form.
Some parts of the PKs (space cops) are corrupt as hell because that's the only way law could work where those sections of the PKs are, that makes me think they control at least a few sections of PK space.

I think the Blangs are probably one of the space lizard mercenaries' major clientele too.

This guy again

Yeah, it's entirely possible that the Blang empire is basically Papa Blang as an emperor and a bunch of smaller pirate captains as a sort of senate council now. Heck, a bunch of pirate lords becoming governors of small planets in a specific system and suddenly having to deal with policy could be a fun story in its own right.

Maybe they've stuck some sort of deal with a section of the PKs, as you say, at least insomuch as having a sort of political stalemate going on in their neck of the woods. Officially-unofficially ruling a sector... hm...

I really should have thought about this, but the meta politics weren't something I knew much about at the time.

Lucifer. He looks like Lucifer from that claymation thing.

Space is big, like really big. Unfathomably big. Even one galaxy is more than enough space for huge empires to never even find each other.

A space opera usually does include some politics, doesn't it?

That was definitely one of the inspirations for the Darkhearts.

>Space is big, like really big. Unfathomably big.
You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's peanuts to space.

The sheer size of space really does throw me for a loop sometimes.

Still, the idea of the Blang Dynasty being an empire built from several major pirate factions and even more free-floating ones, then becoming a "legitimate" empire with two possible heirs to back and a small council of the core pirate fleets is really cool.

Seriously, think about it. We could have, say... five to seven major cool alien pirate lords, each with their own specialties and personalities. Give them all a world they're suddenly in charge of, then pop them on a council under Blang. Some take to it well because of their origins or methods, while others take to it in a more Moist von Lipwig fashion.

It works for the core idea, too, because despite being able to be characters in their own right, they can also act as people the siblings need to please or work against one another to try and get "faction" backing as far as support. It also explains why the siblings are so autonomous - they're basically royal family members who have some political power, but they're not yet emperor/ress.

Having councilors also means we can have those moments where the votes are even and one deciding vote can hold off for a while for drama, which is cool.

So we know the names of two of the thirteen. Should we deliberately expand on the others or just let them trickle in?

Let them trickle in as we have need of them I say.

I think the stress of running an empire is more than papa Blang bargained for which is why he wants to retire.
He's probably ichingly bored.

So a council of... let's say admirals. I always liked admirals who each have a personal fleet with custom ships so they're easily recognized.
Papa Blang is both emperor and fleet admiral.

A council of cool alien fleet admirals sounds like it could be fun, both for designs and for the way it could be fitted into the meta of the universe they inhabit in some cases.

Well, I did mention that J/co/ got many iterations, so perhaps the 90s one got together for that reason. But the team could have existed before hand.

It would make sense that it was not active in immediately before, in the late 80s / early 90s, since with the cold war they may not have been needed... or just not the way they were (covert ops stuff was more preferred by the powers that be, so if there was a team in that time, it might not have been public).

I just consider the team to be one of those things that have been around, which is why they built up to be as popular. They didn't just form to defeat 1 threat and became huge heroes.

I just have Skies of Arcadia on the brain lately and I loved how all the admirals had their own distinct gimmicks for their fleet's ships.

Independently they were all doing their own things. Nicky was doing a lot covertly, I imagine the Justice Coalition might have considered him an urban legend since they were never able to locate him.
Manny is defiantly the "youngest" of the three since he is a modem mannequin.

The main issue with the old hero machine era is Sup Forums had a hard on for making "meta fiction" during that time. Like making up the fictional publication histories of characters' series rather than coming up with adventures for them to go on. That really fucked up any sense of time line they might have had.

I was thinking the Seasons girls could have a jokerish villain based on Spring Heeled Jack.

Brings to mind the imp-like thing in the OP pic.

I think he's the one who stabs you if the get the riddle right. Yes, he stabs you if you answer the riddle correctly.

So, seven admirals under fleet admiral/emperor Blang.
Each with their own quirky fleets of space ships.

At least one of them should have a fleet of stealth ships, they're smaller and less heavily armed, but are vital to gathering information, espionage, and sabotaging enemies of the Blang Dynasty.
What kind of person would be head of these operations? Would they be loyal to Emperor Blang and him alone?

Where do the prince and princess fall into this? Do they have their own fleets that function independently of general military force of the pirate armada? Or do they just grab ships from any of the fleets to accompany their personal flagships whenever they need some backup?

Very Rough draft of Page 4.
Any changes would you guys like to make?

So is the gargoyle meant to be on an impact course to hit the guy or not?

The next page will show him careening towards the other gargoyle, but Marigold jumps in and cuts the fat gargoyle in half while he's blown away by Lily's transformation.

Odd of her to save the other enemies unless she's cutting him in half so both halves hit one of his mates each when they try to spread out to dodge.

Do they turn to stone when killed?

Actually maybe I'll change the last panel to the gargoyle being blown towards the guy so that it makes Marigold jump in to make sense to kill him.

Yeah, the gargoyle's turn to stone when destroyed.

I think Tennoc and Quaslan have their own flagships and personal crews, like a sort of honor guard they can select. I imagine they might also be able to act as honorary commanders when Blang is for some reason unreachable, but since there are two of them and they oppose one another, that might be a risky deal. At the very least they can probably request aid from the seven.

Honestly, whatever works sounds good to me so far. These details are all pretty good additions to their mini-universe.

That's a simple change, you can just change the guy in the bottom corner to a separate panel with a shadow being cast over him with a look of terror.

When it comes to a quirky band of leaders, I suppose you'd want them to be very different.
One of them is probably as young as the siblings and has grand day dreams of becoming the fleet admiral.
Another is an old personal friend of Blang who actually wants his kids to get along since he sees them co-ruling as the best possible future for the dynasty.
One is actually holding a high ranking PK position in the sector and his fleet is made up of custom PK ships baring the Blang emblem.

Just tossing around ideas.

Giving them different personal motives and stances on the empire itself is a good way to add instant dynamics and conflicts, yeah. Those examples sound pretty good.

It'd be cool to see one as that "laying on pillows and blowing a pipe" type of pirate captain, the smuggler who has ambitions of ruling the empire from behind the throne rather than on it.

And maybe one who is a complete, pragmatic coward, who mostly just wants to get rich and not die. Doesn't like when things get too dangerous or complicated.

I like to imagine that Europe in this timeline looks a bit like 1,000AD in Chrono Trigger, or Final Fantasy 6, with just a few more modern conveniences like computers and internal-combustion engines. I was thinking last thread about the idea of large expanses where people used to live but don't know, and that passing through it is something like going through a rainy version of the Australian Outback.

I loved the term someone used to describe the infrastructure in the last thread as "once roads", because of all sorts of magical bullshit and not having cars passing over them every second of the day.

Going furter than a Science and Magic there's also a push and pull in this setting between Technology and Nature.

>The sheer size of space really does throw me for a loop sometimes.

There was a fun thread that never got the momentum it deserved talking about "Sea Opera" that is basically a space setting but entirely within Earth's oceans. Pity that didn't go as far as it could have because it's a great concept for all sorts of settings and stories (mineral extraction being a major industry that could go on).

What can Manny do anyway?