Elon Musk Says There’s a ‘One in Billions’ Chance Reality Is Not a Simulation

Elon Musk Says There’s a ‘One in Billions’ Chance Reality Is Not a Simulation

motherboard.vice.com/read/elon-musk-simulated-universe-hypothesis

So, is magic/vudu basically a glitch/hack like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=vAHXK2wut_I

Sup Forums + Sup Forums + /x/ + /sci/

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/computer-simulation-world-matrix-scientists-elon-musk-artificial-intelligence-ai-a7347526.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo
vine.co/v/e9aFhHe320d
youtube.com/watch?v=AGZiLMGdCE0
youtube.com/watch?v=5v5eBf2KwF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/computer-simulation-world-matrix-scientists-elon-musk-artificial-intelligence-ai-a7347526.html

?????

that video is more interesting than your thread

you imbecile

if reality is a simulation, then there is a way to ALTER this reality, by doing a similar glitch as in Super Mario World

how can such a question even be the province of science, how can it be provable? By a simulation is he saying there's an intelligence, or some other order, that constructed it? what's being claimed?

In the sense that the universe that we experience (the moment) is a result of quantum mechanics, yes, we are in a simulation. This is not some "experiment" in a lab. And if it is, the experiment ends at the end of the universe.

Ive always found the idea that the speed of light is the maximum achievable speed because the universe's maximum processing speed only allows anything to travel that velocity in a given time frame.

Elon Musk is borderline retarded.

>we are in the matrix
>cant prove me wrong lelelelelel

cant wait for this faggot to die already

Elon musk is a fraud

what's the implication though
does it make any difference whether we live in a simulation or not?
it doesn't make the world we live in any less real

Lol look it is a Mexican intellectual.

kek I was thinking the same thing

So atheism is now officially a religion?

>Glitchism is the only true religion + red pill + explanation on how to get the fuck out of the matrix

and the jewish saturn worshippers run it

This sperg-out convinced me that the real Elon Musk looks nothing like this guy, that's his public face minion.

The concept is that we all might be a cosmic blip in a particle simulation, which might be a blip in a bigger simulation for however many layers. This alleged tech genius who invented a near-vacuum tube shuttle gets up on television to compare this to VR goggles and the Matrix.

If this reality is being simulated by something analogous to a computer, you'd see the limitations of computers built in. No matter how good or how big your computer eventually you'll run out of memory should you try and track too much data. There are numbers irrational, non terminating numbers that describe our reality such as pi. No computer could ever possibly ever describe a circle perfectly if pi is indeed non-terminating. Should all relevant data points and numbers prove to be finite he might have a point, but it doesn't look to be that way.

The guy in the video sounds like a shy faggot.

Lol @ the brainlets that can't even begin to gauge this type of "problem"

Stick to the superficial spectrum of politics. Suits you better.

Also Argentina is 97% white and the darkies are right out ostracized.

T. "American" studying in Argentina.

mars rocket crash 2027 don't ask me how I know

>Mexican intellectuals

This is like grade 10 philosophy thinking, I thought he was smart.

Sneaky Jews.

Considering we can't actually see an example of what a real universe looks like...

you can just define a simulation as anything

--xkcd 505

This.

He wants to live on mars.

He's a nutcase whose only success in life was paypal. Now he's just murdering stupid liberals with his cars.

/thread

there's a difference between brain smarts and money smarts, user𛲠

Elon Musk is a worthless money-grubbing propagandist.

hes a reddit tier idealist meme scientist retard who wants stupid shit like solar roadways and hyper loops just cause it sounds cool

youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo

Here's an edgy portrayal of this theory

You are a retard here is why reality isn't a simulation. The universe and it's potential are infinite basically. The only thing "limiting" human development is humans themselves. Human society is the simulation, we could be living on mars or venus right now, but it's our own technology and physiology holding us back, not the environment.

& You masturbate to titty pixels in your free time.

Who's the retard now?

elon musk

theres a chance we're just players in the game

>The universe and it's potential are infinite basically
had you walked this whole infinite universe?

>white

Not really if technology has no limit then at some point we will create a simulated world as real as this one. If we do then the odds are we were already in one to begin with. Technology can only move forward, it's a question of wether or not there is a limit

>when you realize if a human like intelligence created the sim, there's a chance it felt bad for the sentient lifeforms and built in an afterlife system , one day hoping to upload their brain to enjoy said system
>sim runs so fast one second = billion years
>can be rewinded and changed and we'd never know
>not the first time reality shifted
>i may have been a kang yesterday

Fuck. What if sims are so common they are children's toys and some little shit made the ackbar religion real in this reality!?

>people believing Musk only because he is famous
People are fucking retarded, same when Stephen Hawking said AI will kill us in the next few years, he doesn't know shit about the topic.

>The universe and it's potential are infinite basically
Then shouldn't simulating a complete universe be possible?

And therefore a simulation inside that is possible?

So we are, statistically, way more likely to be in a simulation than the top-layer reality if the universe has infinite potential?

That's the argument. It's philosophically irrelevant, though.

Yeah, the guy with 3 degrees is more retarded than a fat autistic NEET that couldn't finish high school.

Just kidding, but you really are a piece of shit though.

delete this

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

vine.co/v/e9aFhHe320d
Slavic Vader is more interesting.

Is Elon Musk a theoretical physicist? He's really speaking outside of his expertise here. Shoemaker, to your shoes!

There's a reason Elon Musk failed to finish his Phd

He's a con man and a fraud and nowhere near as smart as he sells himself as being

Fuck Tesla
Fuck SpaceX
Fuck Solar City
Fuck Elon

Taking DMT awares you on the machine.

Many people who do it say you hear machine noises as you begin the trip and then mechanical elves guide you through it in another realm of existence.

/thread

When man was a hunter god was too

When man was a builder god was too

When man is a simulator

>expertise
Donald Trump is the current POTUS

don't give me shit about expertise in this board

his only achievement is doing the 'SILICONE VALLIE' business model which is lose massive amounts of money and hope it works out somehow

Please leave.

If 2x digits, Argentina is white for the entirety of 2017 & this post shall be summoned each and every time the premise is to be questioned.

Only more proof that all these "Scientists" should be purged.
Deus Vult.

This type of thinking is basically brain in a vat thinking. It's not productive because even if you are right we will never know. It's basically a new form of atheism. So if you want to say that reality isn't real you are going to have to prove it. Since you can't then it's not a proper theory.

You have to produce results and then you have to be able to replicate those results.

This is the same as saying that you don't have a brain because you haven't seen it, or that mexico doesn't exist because I have never been there. This is not proper logic.

it stops the flouride in the water from controlling your mind

i tried it, best decision of my life

bingo, Elon had enough jew blood in him to be able to play the Silicon Valley VCs and the Washington DC grants

finally someone gets it

What is he basing this hypothesis on? It's a binary option either it is or isn't a simulation, and you need evidence if you're going to make the assertion that it is.

Unless you're a Platonist; in which case you think every reality is simulated.

how could you possible know if you are living on GROUND ZERO reality, or in a simulation?

protip: you can't bitch!

Why is this news? Why is this Sup Forums related?
Stop linking digital tabloids with unrelated topics.

Philosophy my dude

probably just a huntch, but I still belive it because

Elon Musk!

The Priests of Kek have defeated Mexico's most powerful warlock.

What the fuck, did I seriously just waste a few minutes of my life watching some autistic nerd dissect a game and read off stupid plot coordinates and retarded spastic Japanese lore?

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO HARM MYSELF

If we do live in a simulation than there could also be a programed heaven and hell.

Think that there is any way to rewrite the game code of life in machine language while it's being executed?

Also, would I know it if I was an NPC?

How do I know my eyes are real if mirrors aren't.

Do you see how retarded you are being?

How do I know you exist since I have never seen you... It's not proper logic, that isn't how science works. Lack of evidence is not evidence.

According to Elon Musk, if you jump to specific tiles at your house and perform a reverse spin jump, you will go to the scene where you are having sex with Ivanka Trump

musk is a double nigger faggot
dont buy into the meme, ffs

or just /dev/null

its far more efficient

elon musk is a retard

What if when we die in our simulation our data that makes up our person is downloaded into an external robot in base reality? Whoever created the simulation would have made a living, conscious robot.

yeah and what if when you wake up in your external robot body back in real reality its realy not reality but just another simulation and you keep waking up forever

what if I can make my penis larger by drinking goats blood?

also, maybe we are in a simulation inside another simulation, inside another simulation and so on

you will never reach base reality

Literally reploids from the MegaMan franchise

Whoever found the source code of our simulation would become god.

yea dude, what if dinosaurs are real and live in antartica because they don't want us to know.

>>>/sage/
>>>/reported/

what if the source code is you

THATS WHAT I SAID

now that's what I call edgy right there

This faggot Elon Musk raping the federal government and subsidies belongs on Sup Forums

Get fucked faggot

well you'd have more blood so it stands to reason

Take your pick. It could mean any number of things. It could make a whole bunch of religious people go "hey, this is a bible game." That would make a whole bunch of sense considering how shitty this simulation is for most people. Could mean that this simulation is hackable. The list is endless. It justifies our existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=AGZiLMGdCE0

RARE

take it to then because it's a philosophical theory on existence.

>muh existential crisis
>I'm just a flesh bag
>can't be true

Elon Musk is a fucking retard

Meme magic is basically creating patterns in the simulation so the simulation adapts to the forced meme and brings it to life autonomously.

If the real universe can have millions of simulated realities running inside of computers and each simulated computer world can have simulated realities inside of that, that means the vast majority of universes are simulated on computers. The odds of being in the one true universe are nearly 0%.

>Elon Musk Says There’s a ‘One in Billions’ Chance Reality Is Not a Simulation
I'm sure he produced that exact probability after very rigorous calculation.

>And if it is, the experiment ends at the end of the universe.

Unless our simulation is occuring after the end if the real universe. Our ancestors may have found a way to extend themselves beyond the time limit of the real universe... somehow.

They may be in here with us too.

meme magic is Pendulum toughts synchronization

youtube.com/watch?v=5v5eBf2KwF8