Were the atomic bombings justified?

Were the atomic bombings justified?

What else should we (burgers) have done?

sent a third bomb

Japs would've fought to the very last man.

There would've been a shitload of casualties without the bombs scaring the shit out of them.

In the end it was for the best.

microwave the nips again pls

nuked the chinese communists immediately afterwards

Think of the hell endured by the tens of thousands not lucky enough to be vaporized. People were walking around with their skin hanging off, eyeballs melted. Many slowly died of radiation poisoning as their bodies fell apart. It was worse than Aushwitz. Greatest war crime in history, it is indefensible and if you support it, please move to Syria to be with likeminded people

and the Soviets.

No. They could have thrown a bomb in the ocean instead as a threat.

but the Japanese gave us Sup Forums and Final Fantasy 7. And Pokemon

If the Atomic bombs weren't an option, then the alternative would have been to just blockade Japan and simply wait for a surrender. It would have taken longer, potentially years, but it would have worked.

The logic is that Japan wouldn't have surrendered without the bombings, I'm no expert on the history of the bombings, but I think it was not just done to force Japan to surrender, but as a way to show the Soviets what we had.

You bomb an actual city, show the carnage, the amount of civilians that died, and the Soviets would pay attention.

At the time, Japan was already getting their shit pushed in as the Soviets invaded Manchuria and ousted the Japanese incredibly rapidly. This was a major factor in their surrender by the way, they had no fleet left to contest the allies, their colonies in China were no more, Korea was about to be freed. All they had were the home Islands. Yes, an invasion would have been costly to both sides, but it wasn't even 100% certain it would occur.

I personally believe that we could have forced Japan to surrender without the atom bomb, I think it was more of a show of force to the world, especially the Soviets that we had that kind of power. The bombings themselves are one of the most evil things the US has ever done though, especially since the targets were almost entirely civilians. Yes, nastier shit happened, even in Japan with the firebombing of Tokyo, but still, horrible thing to have happened regardless.

Wait until Russia invades Japan, or just not embargo the chinks.

>Wait until Russia invades Japan

Russia had no amphibious landing capability. They could not invade Japan.

>Japs would've fought to the very last man.
And they would have been absolutely right to. The people of every nation have the God-given right to defend their sovereignty from foreign invasion. Fuck the (((Allies))). 天皇陛下万歳 !

>wasting one of the only two atomic bombs available

Clear breaches of the Geneva Conventions since they knew they would destroy hospitals.

>Were the atomic bombings justified?
No, but the showed the planet that the US was top dog and they're not to be trifled with.

>What else should we (burgers) have done?
Probably found some sort of common ground with the Russians after 1946, I mean both countries for almost 50 years wasted trillions for nothing more than a dick waving competition. Or on the other side of the spectrum, assassinated Stalin (this was tried, but failed).

I'm glad the burgers gave us the Marshall plan, odds are Europe would be a commie shithole or just a desolate, impoverished wasteland. Thanks for that, not many faggots on here know what you did for us, I always will.

Wrong, russia was also preparing to invade the main land without america.

If russia had invaded the mainland with america think berlin wall plus north korea times japanese.

If it wernt for the bomb japan would cease to exist.

Its a miracle that such a weapon was created to save japan from itself.

The japanese dont know how lucky they were

Nuke 'em again

>final fantasy 7
>not 6

Shit taste detected

>Breach of a Treaty that didnt exist yet.

Should have nuked the entire island.

>not final fantasy 8

Fuck you

>Convention for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armies in the Field. Geneva, 27 July 1929.
MEDICAL FORMATIONS AND ESTABLISHMENTS
Art. 6. Mobile medical formations, that is to say, those which are intended to accompany
armies in the field, and the fixed establishments of the medical service shall be respected and protected by the belligerents.

That depiction is a fraud, the first bomb was actually a ground detonation carried out by 6 Jesuits from a nearby church that was protected from the blast, read about the 'miracle' of Hiroshima. It was all timed with the flight but it dropped a dud. The Jesuits wanted to do it personally for payback from the Jesuit expulsion from Japan for about 200 years. One of the Jesuits went on to become the black pope actually, for a job well done!

US was dragged into that war because they are heretics too but obviously the American people had no say about dropping A-bombs on civilians. FDR and Hirohito were both high ranking Freemasons and for all intensive purposes on the same side for the entirety of the war including the false flag at Pearl.

>You bomb an actual city, show the carnage, the amount of civilians that died
but there were several planes fly over both cities dropping pamphlets telling civilians to leave the city the US at least tried to lessen the civilian casualties

>Being this fucking retarded

hahha
>all canadians