Favorite Sup Forums Villain!!!

Do as the title says and post your favorite Sup Forums villain! They don't have the be the most evil, or the most successful, just your favorite. Also include what you like about them if you're up for it.

Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne)
>Something about the idea of a super fanboy doing everything in his power to be like his idol only to end up as his greatest villain is a fascinating backstory. Not to mention that his entire character arc in recent years is to use his abilities to fuck over Barry Allen as much as humanely possible. He could easily kill multiple members of the Justice League but he doesn't give a shit about that. He just wants to punk Barry Allen. There's something to be said about this level of petty. It's inspiring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G-rl0tfQO9E
youtube.com/watch?v=_paiOKowwTw
youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk
youtube.com/watch?v=yLtzA0A7w90
youtube.com/results?search_query=new frontier the centre
youtube.com/watch?v=PRn6bkMQqFg
youtube.com/watch?v=RzejbyLozq8
youtube.com/watch?v=c7YxY6rmlcA
youtube.com/watch?v=SJjhF83x4XE
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi1Q6Z1NXnc
youtube.com/watch?v=OYZoxq1T8vs
youtube.com/watch?v=hbnihYENjC8
youtube.com/watch?v=dc7qFjuFlrc
youtube.com/watch?v=bCdQMkgiq8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Black Noir
He was a clone of The Homelander in The Boys. Dude mutilates a shitload of people and rapes and kills The Butchers wife while in The Homelanders face so it drives Homelander nuts and he ends up raping and murdering too. What a twat

First time I've seen him posted in a thread like this. Glad to see more people that read The Boys. And yeah, Black Noir is goddamn crazy. Wonder how Butcher would have fared is Homelander and Black Noir didn't tear each other to kingdom come before Butcher's confrontation.

Continuing on my initial thought. I adore petty villians and my next one is exactly that.

Green Goblin/Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn)
>Stormin Norman has been one of my top villains for well over a decade. I can't name any other villain that has simultaneously cured and weaponized cancer, denounced the murder of Gwen Stacy on public tv, and became the head of SHIELD and re branding it as hammer. He is truly one of a kind. And despite all of his abilities and advantages he would rather spend his time fucking with Spider-Man than doing anything of worth.
>He tried doing stuff of worth during Dark Reign and I genuinely believe he was trying his hardest to do his own version of "right.". Shame he's crazy

Maria Hill

Please explain. I'm not disagreeing necessarily. Just interested as to why she's your favorite villain.

She is awful. The worst. But probably didn't do nothing wrong

> Victor Fries / Mr.Freeze (tas mainly)
> Alistair Smythe (tas mainly)
> Curt Connors / The Lizard
> Faora (dceu & new 52 only)
> Black Manta

that mullet is pure evil

>David Xanatos

Absolute evil

Excellent taste

Now that summer is over and we can all catch a breather, I gotta say I loved Secret Empire simply for the fact that it left us with this handsome son of a gun. He's not a horribly twisted individual. He just lacks any moral pause when it comes to achieviing his goals (which in his eyes is for the best of everyone). He's the reason I enjoy Pleasant Hill throughout Secret Empire as the quinsential Hydra Cap story arc.

the one and only,
Major Force.
>It was a toss up between MF and Superboy Prime, but MF will always be my favourite Sup Forums villain, even despite what people may say or think of him. Hes brutal, albeit stupid, and has all manner of dark matter manipulation and creation; hes an evil Captain Atom mixed with the powers of a Lantern wielder. Not to mention THAT fridge incident.

I've never looked at chili the same way after that episode.

geez that whole story was crazy, the way he drives homelander crazy, pretty sure he raped a baby

gotta go with my boy, the scarecrow
Afraid of nothing but Batman, and goads Batman into encounters just because he gets off on the fear of being around Batman

I'm not exactly sure whether he qualifies as a hero or villain but I'll just go ahead and post him here. Taylor unleashed something amazing with Superior Tony and had a character that quite frankly hasn't been seen before. He was vain, selfish, entitled, intelligent, and not to mention heroic with a slight sense of honor (offering to really fix Teen Abomination after discovering he's the illegitimate kid of Happy Hogan).

Mysterio. Illusionary powers are fun, he's kind of an underdog, and can be intimidating when he wants to be.

Mysterio never gets the rep he deserves. Dude is a frequent member of the Sinister Six. That's gotta have value of some kind

Carnage (Cletus). Apart from basic nostalgia, I love horror movies and Carnage is a walking slasher film, but as a character I like the fact that Carnage has no actual redeeming qualities about him, unlike most, of not all, Marvel villains Carnage will never willingly team up with Spider-Man to help fight off the greater evil, it took a magical plot device to force Carnage to do a face turn, and even then Carnage-Man just showed us that Cletus is so far over the deep end of “evil” that even his heroic acts were brutal and nightmarish. Also, despite being a popular villain, he’s not Spider-Man’s #1 top bad guy.

I don't have a favorite, but I like Ragdoll's powerset. Not a fan of how Gail Simone writes him.

Sinestro

His symbol is fear, but he’s not simple spooky villain. His fear is about absolute order and peace, and that theory is waay more terrifying than monsters or ghosts in real life

No, not Superior Tony, just regular Tony. I don't consider him a "villain", but some of the stuff he's done are certainly morally ambiguous. But the reason why it works,is because he's a character that can be revered or demonized, and each view is valid. He's the guy who willingly becomes a villain, knowing full well the consequences, because he sees no other way. He's better than Doom, Luthor, Ras or Zemo, because he doesn't have that unending arrogance. He believes he should set the course not so much because he's the perfect man, but because thatway he can spare others the sins. In the end, it leads to him doing lots of evil and shady shit, and sometimes not even for a noble goal, but this sort of twisted savior complex makes him an interesting villain. Because in any other U, without his title, he would've been a villain.

You have that in reverse, he is my favorite hero.

Share your villainous team ideas?

Work in progress...
> Reign - The Worldkiller
> Superwoman (crime syndicate)
> Bryce Wayne - The Drowned
Originally I planned to have new 52 Faora, but since she has been erased by Rebirth (replaced with Ursa) I went with Reign.

Sometimes a villain doesn't need a sob story, somethings they don't need to be justified, sometimes they just do what they do because they are just full of hate.

There's a beauty to that simplicity, and the intensity by which some villains can enact it. Good ole Eobard is one, Cain is another. Does what he does because he hates his brother, hates other people, hates the world, hates everything.

But even then, there's still some spark of humanity in there and sometimes that spark flickers through. These moments make for some interesting reading, and when they get engulfed again, you know shit has just gotten real.

I cant help but feel Marvel made a lot of mistakes turning him into this. Tony just isnt as fun to follow in his post Civil War pseudo-villain state.

Hell, his Ultimate Universe version, where all the character flaws are meant to be brought to the surface, ended more likeable than he is now.

I would agree, but I'm not sure Sinestro really counts as a villain anymore.

Mad Jim Jaspers (Sir Jim Jaspers)
I like the Jaspers-Thing for the same reason why I like Mxyzptlk, a reality warper using his powers for shits and giggels. They should keep in the background though, create weird creatures or situations for the hero to combat so that the warper does not grow bored with creation.

I think the Black Flame is great. Every incarnation starts differently but they all slowly become omnicidal. Landis Pope in particular is great. Watching not!David Xantos/Lex Luthor slowly realise how deep out of his depth he was was magnificient and even more so was watching him become a hollowed out shell who is just doing what he does because he's been programmed.

Darkseid is pretty great.

I like it, to be honest. I always liked the darker, Byronic Heroes, so having Tony turn shadier and shadier to achieve his goals, is interesting in my book.

This character goes without saying. Although it's debatable whether others consider him a villain. Truth be told my jaw dropped when I reached this panel. I had never read anything like that before as the last comic I remember reading was a Wolverine/Venom crossover.

I love Black Manta because he does not judge, he just hates.

Owlman (Crisis on Two Earths
>This is easily my favorite DC animated movie. Truly one of Dwayne McDuffie's best works. Every character gets a chance to shine. Batwank is kept within reason. And the main villain Owlman has one of the most compelling reasons to end existence and is masterfully portrayed by James Woods.
>This scene was godlike. More than I could have hoped for. I'm actually glad Conroy wasn't voicing Bats. I don't think he would have been as good a contrast to Owlman.
youtube.com/watch?v=G-rl0tfQO9E

Bump

Venom (Eddie Brock)
>As much as I love Ock and Osborn, Eddie Brock is my go to villain. He has such a personal vendetta against Peter that it makes everything he does all the more impactful.
>I just rewatched the Venom arc for the fox animated show and even in spite of its many restrictions (no punching), they managed to craft a Venom story that conveyed equal parts tone and terror. Fucking amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=_paiOKowwTw

What the hell is Crime Syndicate Superwoman doing now? I forgot who bit the bullet at the end of Darkseid War.

Red Hood (Jason Todd)
>I know in past years Jason has moved towards the anti-hero angle, but I miss it when he was just a straight up villain in Batman's eyes. His appearance during the story Under the Hood portrays him as someone that could be the equivalent of DC's punisher.
>He will literally cut off the heads of crime lords if it meant the others would fall in line. He'll allow drugs to reach the street as long as they don't reach the hands of children. He decided that there was no way to stop crime, all he could hope to do is control it.

>What the hell is Crime Syndicate Superwoman doing now? I forgot who bit the bullet at the end of Darkseid War.
Dead also but I am hoping they bring her back.

Who is the most evil villain?

Smiler (Transmetropolitan)
He's a sleazy politician, who'll fuck over anyone to get to the top. He's psychotic and believes that only the president does not have to respond to anyone. You've probably already met some Smilers in your life, hellbent on getting the power.

I've actually never read Transmetropolitan. Pretty solid?

Excellent choice.

Megatron/Galvatron
>Surprised I haven't seen the leader of the Deceptacons on this list.
>ALso he's voiced by Leonard Nimoy.
youtube.com/watch?v=hzNsOGt3bHk
youtube.com/watch?v=yLtzA0A7w90

in all honesty Transmetropolitan's quality is pretty swingy to me. Still a good read, but I like Ellis stuff, so take my words with a grain of salt.

I miss him and carnage-man.

Truly the greatest of all enemies.

Carnage-Man was too good for this world. It's good to know that Peter really tried to build that statue.

Molecule Man may not be my favorite, but definitely part of my list of B-Villains

The Centre
>THis may have been a one off villain, but Keith David brings some real gravitas as The Centre and manages to be a legitimate threat to the Justice League. The idea of a living island may have been a bit corny, but I thought it was epic and the idea of a sentient island standing against the Justice League was a sight to behold. Fucking awesome.
youtube.com/results?search_query=new frontier the centre
youtube.com/watch?v=PRn6bkMQqFg

manta might be the pettiest supervillain ever. Lots of fun.

One of my favorite Sup Forums villains has to be General Tesler from Tron:Uprising

he's kind of a generic big bad but at the same time he has his own fears and drives, plus his powerset in Tron is bad ass. Also his manipulation is pretty great too

Sentry (Robert Reynolds)
>I know this is an unpopular opinion but I was fascinated by Bendis' portrayal of the Sentry. Jenkins' version was by far the best, but in terms of keeping me glued to the page the concept of batshit Superman with Doomsday lurking inside him at all times is fucking sweet.

Arkham Knight (Jason Todd)
>I appreciate that this Todd has a legitimate reason to be upset with Batman and it doesn't involve a lazarus pit.
>After being tortured by the Joker for close to a year (maybe more), he things he's been abandoned and decides to seek his revenge once he's realizes he's been replaced. Short, sweet, and to the point. THis version of Jason has experienced unbelievable torture and is psychologically broken because of it.
>He is intelligent. He is prepared. And he is raw underneath his armor and is fragile. His connection with Barbara during her interrogation just shows how much of Jason is still left after the Joker's heinous actions.
youtube.com/watch?v=RzejbyLozq8
youtube.com/watch?v=c7YxY6rmlcA

This might come off as rambling but I feel like Tony is no longer a hero just a cog in the machine that's used in stories for plot holes. Hes just been at it for so long it feels like a duty or obligation now to make a world a better place. And in the end he will get no self-satisfaction and fulfilment that most heroes get when an arc or story is over like "I saved the day".

My biggest fear is that this could happen to Bruce after metal is over

Dark Beast

Superior Spider-Man (Peter-Parker/Otto Octavius)
>I know this is debatable, but I still consider Spock a villain considering he straight up murdered Spider-Man with zero pause. He may have reduced crime by several degrees compared to Peter, but it still doesn't change the fact that he's a monster parading around as a hero. I wouldn't be nearly as hard on him if Gage was in charge of the main title but instead we got Slott who wrote the character like a straight up supervillain with zero self-awareness

Tony Stark might be Marvel's greatest misfit

The Superheroes-Tony Stark is a son of privilege. Not too bad, so is Bruce Wayne. But on top of that, he was also an arms dealer on a mass scale. He has sown a lot of death and destruction by association. That line most superheroes don't want to cross? Tony lived on the other side of that partition and then eventually crawled his way to the other side. That said, since he's been party to that, it's much easier for him to slip back and do some morally grey acts for the greater good that most of his peers wouldn't be comfortable with and they sense that.

The Super Rich: Tony's high-flying lifestyle lies in contrast to how he's basically a fully armed super cop mingling with billionaires and men of influence who have likely performed some measure of skulduggery to amass their power and riches. He is treated amiably, but with suspicion and when an opportunity presents itself to throw him to the dogs, the boys at the country club would happily squirt some bbq sauce into his eye

The Super Scientists: Tony is not technically a super scientist. He is an exquisite inventor and engineer, but not a super scientist. Real Marvel super scientists just use "science" to soften the rules of their universe to do amazing feats and go on wacky quests. While he's made some TRON-esque tech before, Stark is almost unerringly analogue and his devices are nigh-mundane in function and application. Sadly, mostly due to the needs of the day, most of his inventions are just made to hurt people. Sometimes, very badly. And it comes naturally to him. His fellow scientists, who would never dream of purposefully making such devices, rely on him to do so. And they hate him for it. Reed Richards would never make you a smart tablet. Tony would. And it would be a great device, but you would instinctively remember that he makes guns too.

Regular Folk: MUH 1%! MUH PATRIARCHY! CIS-WHITE SCUM! etc.

The Futurists: Tony Stark exists in a very weird place morality-wise among this clique. There is a very, very, very finite amount of people he is willing to screw over for "the greater good" or "the brighter tomorrow," but he will never resort to outright murdering them and he can't be expected to extrapolate that into the extremes associated with this train of thought. If you said you had a way to make 80% of mankind into perfect, happy, godlike ubermenches by killing the other 20% or just putting them in an Omelas situation, he would punch you through a wall and use everything available to him to stop your scheme. His critics believe him to be the sort to say, "Who cares about the plebeian stepping stone?" when he's really the man who will reply, "I do."

The Supervillains: He's just too nice. Oh yes, you might have a gentle moment with a supervillain as seen in various threads that put them in a kinder light compared to the consistent oblique unpleasantness that is Stark, but these fellows would still gank a truckload of cops and then whine about how none of it's really their fault. But they don't kill women or children, you'd reply. Well, neither does Tony.

The Artificial Lifeforms: Tony might get along better with AIs, robots, and the like better than any other super scientist on any universe. True, there are those that treat such beings with kindness and sympathy, but Stark is one of the few who will do what he can to treat them as people if they like or seem as if they'd benefit to that. Pym will tell his latest Ultron that he is the man of the future who will save the Earth, but Stark will take Viv to a strip club to help her determine if she's really gay, bi, or just a bit curious when it comes to the ladies. He is thus, very easy for them to like. Sadly, being taken into their confidence puts him in a position to betray their trust by exploiting their naïveté. Not out of malice, but necessity. And they rarely forgive him for it.

He's got a sob story though. Cain's full of hate because his daddy whipped him like a government mule instead of Chucky.

Fatal Frontier is underappreciated, also great character analysis.

Darkseid is.

I loved him in his Captain America issue. For the biggest leap is the leap of faith.

>If you said you had a way to make 80% of mankind into perfect, happy, godlike ubermenches by killing the other 20% or just putting them in an Omelas situation, he would punch you through a wall and use everything available to him to stop your scheme.
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Didn't he directly destroy tons of people's livelyhoods in Fatal Frontier? He stopped everyone from moving forward based on findings he never cross-referenced. Hell, this is the same guy who wanted to start a war with Atlantis, under false pretenses, and put all mutants in Concentration Camps.

>The Artificial Lifeforms: Tony might get along better with AIs, robots, and the like better than any other super scientist on any universe.
He literally considers them robots with no real world value. Pym's the only person to recognize them as people.

>The Supervillains: He's just too nice.
Yeah, that's straight up BS.

Ghost is an industrial saboteur and vigilant that made his own powered armor which gives him the ability to make himself and other objects intangible and invisible, as well as gain access to and control computer systems near him. Having long since lost his humanity and sanity- he always wears the suit, smells terrible, and rants about bringing down capitalism and all corporations. Ghost sees himself as a spectre of justice and his mission is to bring down all conspiracies and destroy the corruption in the world.
Nevertheless he has fought alongside the Thunderbolts against evil showing that even the most diseased mind can be quite heroic.

He is villain. He kills and tortures people to make his plan right. Of course his intention is anti-heroic, but that doesn’t make him as a good person

Doom can say that because he’s murdered most of the people who hate him. And based on this reputation, most do what they can to not hate him lest he hate them back intensely and briefly.

As for the robots, Tony’s been mouthed at, loved, hated, dismissed, and befuddled by enough AIs to view them as living beings. Fatal Frontier more or less starts with Tony coming to the Moon to eliminate Urdanik for launching his missiles at Earth only to save him because he recognizes his sentience and how his years of isolation have likely caused him to become a bit mad. Which of course, good intentions aside, backfires on him spectacularly.

I'm not saying Doom is better, but you are justifying aspects of Tony's character. He tries to be a good guy, but at his core he is just as selfish as the antagonists he fights. It just so happens that he's smarter about getting his way, and he's not a sadistic fuck like most super-villains. He has done, and will do shady shit. He a balances it out by being a super-hero,sure, but that's the point. He causes just as much harm as good, because even his noble intentions get poisoned by his self-interest.

I just wish it had better art, but that doesn't stop the writing from being so strong.

>Not posting the best reverse flash

Ra-Ra Rasputin

I hope that Proteus takes a bit from Jaspers and my ideas for reality warpers. That would also allow him to survive some story arcs

>Mysterio

He is a villain who almost entirely faces his opponents mentally rather than physically. His plans often rival Batman's in terms of prep-time. The fact that he deals with illusions leads to some incredible imagery and art. He is a villain who has yet to be fully explored IMO. He is a man whose goal is to be famous since his attempt at becoming an actor failed. This means that often times he sabatoges his own plans just so he can fail and do another bigger plan down the line, essentially keeping the "Mysterio brand" alive. The irony of course is that Quinten Beck will never be famous, only Mysterio will.

And now he’s just Zoom

>pic related tied with Black Manta

dude has every right to be pissed off

Hobgoblin/Roderick Kingsley.
>Hobgoblin has been my favourite villain since i was 4. there have been may hobgoblins and i love them all. while some villains do what they do out of vengeance or a desire to rule the world hobgoblin does what he does for profit.
> he even started one of my fav villain plans selling supervillian identities to the highest bidder

Soule ruined him.

The best thing is he knows 90% of the time when to pack things up. He knows a losing battle when he see's one and will send out a lamb to be slaughtered in his steed.

Hopefully Slott does the world a favor and kills Norman so Roddy can take over again as Goblin supreme.

If there's one villain Sup Forums got me into it's this guy. I never even heard pic related till Sup Forums storytimed the shit out of the mighty Lord Death Man.

Really damn close call between Magneto, and Doom. Both absolutely ooze this sense of superiority and intimidation, while also being overwhelmingly capable.

Honorable mentions are Loki, and Nox the Xelor, for similar reasons, they just don't hit the same mark.as spot on.

>Slott doing anything besides servicing himself and sabotaging others
His final issue will make it nearly impossible to write a good story and leave whoever follows him with a mess to untangle and make fans miss Slott. That's just how he does it, he's that petty.

he doesn't hate his step father for abusing him, he hates chuck because he thinks chuck used his powers to protect himself but not Marko

What's some definitive Carnage stories?

Apocalypse
animated version only
i love that grandstanding magnificent bastard
comic version is shit though

>assembled the first super-villain team ever
>colluded with the Axis Powers and borrowed their ideologies constantly
>pic related; the body count he racked up after only his first introductory arc
>also happened to be a two-inch worm from Venus who communicated through a radio-necklace thing
Mr. Mind is everything fun about comics personified.

>i love that grandstanding magnificent bastard
Right there with ya.

Brainwave (Walter Sampson)
>Truly a grade a piece of garbage. From his first appearance to his last, he managed to be a true piece of shit all throughout.

Green Goblin & Black Manta are more our less tied for their autistic hate of their hero. Lex comes close though.

Batman (Arkham Origins)
>He may not be my favorite villain of all time, but Bane's portrayal in Arkham Origins was one of the best renditions of the character I've witnessed in a long while. Not only did they manage to convey that Bane was a legitimate threat to Batman both physically and mentally, but they also managed to concoct a decent explanation for Bane's appearance in Asylum and City.
>His death at the end of the Arkham Knight comic caught me off guard, but provided a decent explanation for his lack of appearance in the game and how Crane was able to convince Batman's rogues to align with him and the Arkham Knight.
youtube.com/watch?v=SJjhF83x4XE
>LISTEN TO THIS SOUNDTRACK!!! Christopher Drake killed it on this score

I agree with everything you posted. Gotta love the petty villains that devote all of their time to fucking with their hero. They could have achieved so much more, but they are perfectly content being spiteful bastards that delight in tormenting their counterpart.

Just found out that someone made this. Pretty cool.
>Bane's entire Arkham Journey (minus getting his ass murdered at the hands of the Arkham Knight).
youtube.com/watch?v=OYZoxq1T8vs

maximum carnage

nothing else is worth reading

He quest stars in Homeless Mutant Quest on sup/tg

>maximum carnage
I like you. The comic series was true 90s insanity. It goes on a bit too long but still manages to stick the landing. MY preferred Carnage story is the paperback "Carnage in New York". That said, Maximum Carnage is still a top tier choice for this monster of a character. The Zeb Wells series weren't bad and the Axis Carnage series was god tier. In fact, his apperance in Axis is enough to put him in my top ten villains (although i might be too gracious with that statement).

Considering how full of censors this series was, I'm surprised they actually managed to make Carnage a threat.

I think Thawne just barely eeks by as my favorite Reverse Flash but Zoom (Zolomon) is a fucking stellar contender for obsessed petty antagonist. Johns managed to take an interesting side character and then transform him into Wally's greatest threat without resorting to any major asspulls. Not to mention this scene absolutely kills me and comes close to bringing a tear to my eye simply for Zoom's atrocious action.

I think he's really cool

Spoiler at your own risk.
Butcher (Billy Butcher)
>Depending on who you're talking to, he may or may not belong on this list. Considering the final arc of the series, I'd say yes.
>Sorry for spoiling. I just feel since he's endgame he's worth keeping on the down low. I completely understand where he's coming from with his "final solution", but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it. I'm glad he had someone like Huey around.

/thread

He's one of those characters that started growing on me over time, especially after going back and reading older cosmic stories. I'm also glad that he's one of those characters that wouldn't be brought back.

Very very nice choice.

Lex Luthor (Smallville Universe)
>I really wasn't expecting to post him but after contemplating it became obvious that this is one of the most well developed versions of Luthor to ever grace media and while his return from the dead was a little hamfisted, his portrayal in Season 11 continued to grab my interest and make perfect sense why he would be elected president of the U.S.
>His final speech with Clark was god tier. No lie.
youtube.com/watch?v=bCdQMkgiq8o

One of my favorite things about Luthor, any universe, is how much I hate him. Joker, Thanos, Loki, Professor Zoom, etc. they all get turned into someone sympathetic. People don't want to hate those characters, but at the same time, they're performing villainous acts so you gotta hate them a bit. Luthor, nothing is likable about him. He doesn't have a tortured past, he's an aristocrat, he throws tantrums at anyone he believes undermines him, and most of all he's not marketable. I think that's one of the things that hurt Joker, he looks cool. Lex is a bald man around 39-45. I don't dislike the villains I listed above, but I hardly ever see Thanos as a villain anymore.