Deadpool almost hit $1 Billion a couple years ago. Will Black Panther shatter that glass ceiling?

Deadpool almost hit $1 Billion a couple years ago. Will Black Panther shatter that glass ceiling?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-panther-s-wakanda-sheds-light-black-excellence-n844801
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I could see the fairly long runtime hurting repeat viewings. I do think BP has a shot at the billion dollar mark.

Deadpool remains the most profitable Marvel property due to its low budget, but Black Panther certainly has a shot of being the highest debut so far. This is of course a result of continued trust in the brand, as I'm sure a Thor Ragnarok flop would've hurt its chances.
All the MCU movies are riding a wave, each is as successful as the previous; look at the ratings for Ragnarok for instance. This probably means Infinity War might break the billion and a half barrier too.

>783millions
>Less than Wonder Woman and Spiderman Homecoming
>Almost 1 billion

Hardly anyone knows who black panther is and white people aren't gonna see it anyway.

absolutely in fact it will do twice that

>White people arent going to see it

Statistically whites will be the majority of it’s audience and you know it.

if by "almost" you mean "got 80% of the way there and quit" then yes that's exactly what happened

but $200m is pocket change to you right

>white people are blind

that's racist

I think 700 is the most plausible

Spiderman, Wonder Woman and Deadpool already had huge fandoms and they had a huge rotten tomate scores as well.

Blak Panther is far less popular than those characters

The Guardians of the Galaxy defense.

>glass ceiling
I hate that fucking word and all who use it. Sort of like representation and privilege

>asians aren't gonna see it
fixed 4 u

>$200m

It’s pocket change to Marvel

>Will Black Panther shatter that glass ceiling?

It's all going to come down to how well Black Panther does internationally in countries like China/Korea/Brazil/etc, which have large box offie markets, but aren't exactly known for their positive or progressive views towards blacks.

Is it because you’re a white male?

>China

Just stop this meme. Deadpool’s biggest foreign take came from Australia

so i don't care about marvel continuity, does black panther works as a standalone movie ?

Read Priest’s run

none of them work as a standalone movie

it'll probably do quite well in domestic profit. Not sure whether people will care for it internationally, but I think that's less important.

They didn't put M'Baku in the stupid gorilla costume, so by default I have to dock it some points

OP has been reposting this thread while simultaneously ban evading for months, look up his image on desuarchive for proof and report him while you're at it.

No, this story is a continuation of Civil war events.

Deadpool's the exception, not the rule. The movie could have easily made a good $100 million more if it had been released in China.

There's a reason why Hollywood is tailoring their movies more and more for the Chinese audience.

Looks like this movie will make 400 millions domestic and 400 worldwide

Anyway it will be the first MCU movie in years with a domestic box office higher than overseas

I'm pretty sure this movie still works on its own, user

*400 overseas

The Last Jedi was expected to earn $1.6 billion globally and came $300 million short of that.

Well, not sure about the box office $$$......

but I will guess the amount of violence such as murders, assaults, rapes and black on black violence during the opening weekend will break all existing records.

But those are white people things

>white people aren't gonna see it
This is correct. Just like they won't buy Rap music!

Black Panther already made more than The Avengers and is the highest rated film of all time

people will have to stop saying, "The Citizen Kane of..." and say Black Panther instead

Quite frankly, this movie is THE COCK

>this movie is THE COCK
So, what you're saying is, "next year the Academy Awards are gonna get Blacked?"

Like i'm going to waste my money seeing some movie about some uppity black faggot who thinks he's Catwoman.

Black on Black violence is a white thing?

And just like that, another thread seeking to be derailed by Sup Forums. It will be gone in t-minus 30mins...

Whites perpetuate it with systematic white supremacy.

Blacks are inherently violent. It's their nature.

Whites are more violent. They split the atom just to create a bomb.

>But those are white people things

no no no , whites only invented inbreeding with siblings

It's hard to break records when your target audience enters the theater through the back door.

Still waiting to see what blacks ever contributed to humanity!

Btw, I'm guessing at least 25 shootings opening weekend?

What have whites contributed to humanity?

>I hate that fucking word and all who use it. Sort of like representation and privilege

But its a real thing

>if the movie is successful, people will throw a shitfit because it was "supposed to fail" and shriek about progressive bullshit
>if the movie is a failure, people will throw a shitfit and call everyone who didn't see it or who criticizes it a racist while media performs frantic damage control a la Ghostbusters 2016

>created an Atlantean sand-counting board so you can blame someone else for your shortcomings
>created an international computer network to allow the atlantean sand-counting board to exist
>created computers so the internet would have an interface with the sand-counting board
>harnessed electricity for the computers
>colonized land where a bunch of whiny shitskins couldn't comprehend basic metallurgy
we can keep going back if you like

fuck off to Sup Forums

No. Deadpool had a much larger initial fanbase and the movie was about violent action comedy. Black Panther is not as popular a hero, the movie format tries to be Nolan-type of talking heads film, the media buzz surrounding it is already annoying a lot of people and chinks don't give a fuck about niggers.

Lot of odds stacked against it but it has more chance than Fembusters because the director is not a fucking idiot.

HOL UP
SO U BE SAIYAN

It will already beat the beauty and beast debut and the first hunger games debut. This is calculated. Beauty and the Beat debuted at 174 million and just managed to beat IM3. Take that as you will

The reactions to this movie by the political extremes are pissing me off. I'm not a racist if I don't like it and I'm not a cuck if I do. Fuck all of them, I just want to enjoy a good popcorn flick in peace!

>wipe out 90+% of all known life
>create life-ending weapons of mass destruction
>engineered every single conflict occuring in the middle east
>slowly destroying the ecosystem

China won't see it so sales wise it will be pretty much the black crowd, liberals and marvel enthusiasts.

>inb4 the china hates black people meme

Please don’t trigger the autist. They are gonna post the you know what image

hello Sup Forums

It'll do fine, the only people who are panning it atm are the cumskin supremacists that wouldnt have seen it to begin with. My only gripe with the movie itself is the director trying to push AA issues and culture into a movie about africans and the ensuing fervor that's elicited in the fake woke black ppl

>saying Deadpool is more popular than Black Panther is Sup Forums.

The state of Sup Forumsmblr these days.

>No. Deadpool had a much larger initial fanbase

>doesn’t know who Ryan Coogler is
>thinks he is just some random mediocre director

You can only use >inb4 when you're actually in b4.

I've seen more white people excited for this movie than black people. Stop baiting.

Most whites don’t actually care about racial things and will see any type of capeshit. The question is whether it will get the international Chinese audience.

She's such a moron.

>it has more chance than Fembusters because the director is not a fucking idiot.

Fembusters director was Paul Feig. I said Black Panther has more of a chance to be a good movie because its director is not as retarded as Feig.

Nope. Blacks and liberal whites hoped up on white guilt won't even make a dent in the hole they're gonna be in after they get drudged in Asia. China especially is gonna be a shitshow.

t. amerimutts

Real white people won't see this.

Good. I'm tired of all my action movies having random chinks that can't act. Maybe theyll take a hint and stop marketing to them.
>inb4 Chinese money is good
No. I don't care. Fuck them and fuck their spies and fuck their government and fuck their food and fuck their hackers and fuck their spammers and fuck their fake merchandise

>real white people
good, I dont want to share a theatre with a cousin-fucker anyway.

>No. I don't care.

Your opinion doesn't matter, what matters is what Disney thinks of the chinese market.

A corporation can't think user, damn. And you whites keep being so proud of your sickly pale skin as if you were smart.

>A corporation can't think user, damn.

Yes it can, it only thinks about money and where to get it. And the chinese dorrar is more important nowadays than your dollar.

I hate all the social agenda it got stapled in, black panther is good enough to sell by itself, and that's why I'm not going to see it on theaters.

>black panther is good enough to sell by itself, and that's why I'm not going to see it
Being put off something you liked because other people that like it are being a certain way you don't like is the weakest shit I ever heard. Don't do that kinda shit.

The only solo superhero movies that have broken a billion are TDK, TDKR, and Iron Man 3 (even with War Machine I still consider it a solo superhero film). I doubt Black Panther will break a billion.

furry man and robo-autist < Kara Boga panther

>random twitter screengrab

fuck off

Representation does not matter

one of the actors in the movie said exactly the same thing

proofs?

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-panther-s-wakanda-sheds-light-black-excellence-n844801

>“This movie will prove to the colonialists that if they had not interfered with Africa, we'd be so far advanced, may make them believe we built those pyramids in Egypt. No alien did them,” Kani said

He's not wrong, look at Ireland. The only place to be put through the same stuff as africa and they're the most patheticnation in europe with one of the worlds lowest average IQ and having literally no relevance in history, they conquered nowhere, they had no empires or famous kings or even an invention to their name. So I can believe they, just like Africans would be much more successful today if they weren't colonized. He is right.

>Hardly anyone knows who black panther is
Everyone who watched Captain America: Civil War knows who he is.
>white people aren't gonna see it
I am.

>white people
>people
Marvel drones are not people.

Is BP any good? I deciding whether I should see this or I, Tonya on Valentines day

I know right, I just want to see a fun capeshit flick, but all this baggage surrounding it is becoming obnoxious.

I'm sure it's really easy to ignore it when you don't read shitposts.

Drone better.

deadpool looked good (special effects wise...the movie itself was trash)
I wonder why other capeshit flicks have such huge budgets

>Is BP any good?
literally the best MCU movie yet

what a high threshold

Is it out yet?

No. It comes out next week

Deadpool had a very small cast and none were big names, and I'm sure Ryan Reynolds didn't take a big cut of the budget the way someone like Robert Downey Jr would.
That and the sets, from the extras you can definitely they didn't have a huge amount of stunts either. Every MCU movie has plenty of exterior sets and warehouses.

this
it's going to bomb in chinkland
and we all know that chinks decide whether movies will be successful or not

What glass ceiling are you talking about?
1B cape has been done
1B for R cape? BP isn’t R
1B for black cape? Deadpool isn’t black

>Brazil
>Racist towards black people

In what universe?

You don't know shit about brazil, do you?

I doubt either place would have had flaying cars.