Bendis on Supes

Here's what he said.
Are you afraid?

-Bendis confirms again he's not rebooting anything and loves the current runs

-Bendis confirms Pat Gleason is drawing Action Comics

-Bendis wasn't aware of a big trunks controversy, he was just offered if the trunks should be on Superman and he said yes

-Bendis will address the trunks in the comics directly in the comics, people in Metropolis will discuss the trunks and their opinion of them

-Bendis refers to Superman as Clark a lot when he talks about him to editors and firends, will focus a lot more when he's not superman

-Clark being a investigative reporter will be a big part of Bendis run, being a reporter is the first thing Clark really chose for himself according to Bendis.

-Lois will be important, Bendis thinks she is the most fearless person in all of comics

-On the marriage: "So many people are worried about the state of their marriage and the state of their family. You should be. What they are attempting to do is so enormous and it is so delicate, and so precious, and there is so much pressure on them coming from so many different directions. You absolutely should be scared for that delicate, beautiful relationship." (thanks rosawater for the full quote)

-We'll get a lot of Perry's point of view and focus on daily planet as a newspaper(also the dying aspect of newspapers)

-Big Plans for Jimmy, Bendis can't say what yet

-Mike Cotton and Brian Cunningham are the editors on his Superman titles

sauce is blogtalkradio

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rSw-99WkXvo&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>You should be. What they are attempting to do is so enormous and it is so delicate, and so precious, and there is so much pressure on them coming from so many different directions. You absolutely should be scared for that delicate, beautiful relationship.

>nb4 "DURR HURR JIMMY OLSEN BLACKED/COMES OUT AS GAY"

You're joking, but it'll happen.

>-Big Plans for Jimmy

JIMMY, YOU'RE GAY

>Bendis will address the trunks in the comics directly in the comics, people in Metropolis will discuss the trunks and their opinion of them
NO!!

>-On the marriage: "So many people are worried about the state of their marriage and the state of their family. You should be. What they are attempting to do is so enormous and it is so delicate, and so precious, and there is so much pressure on them coming from so many different directions. You absolutely should be scared for that delicate, beautiful relationship."
NO!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it enormous and delicate? It's a kind man having married a sweet, carrier woman and they have a kid they love. What's delicate about that, you bald faggot?

>-Bendis wasn't aware of a big trunks controversy, he was just offered if the trunks should be on Superman and he said yes
>-Bendis will address the trunks in the comics directly in the comics, people in Metropolis will discuss the trunks and their opinion of them
can't wait

Jimmy had something relevant lately?

Looks innocent enough for now outside of a few ominous name drops and hints about messing with the marriage. I don't know if I should be scared that he didn't say shit about Jon though.

>-On the marriage: "So many people are worried about the state of their marriage and the state of their family. You should be. What they are attempting to do is so enormous and it is so delicate, and so precious, and there is so much pressure on them coming from so many different directions. You absolutely should be scared for that delicate, beautiful relationship." (thanks rosawater for the full quote)
it's as if literally want to be scary

>Bendis will address the trunks in the comics directly in the comics, people in Metropolis will discuss the trunks and their opinion of them

That is not something that has to happen!

Believe it or not, there was a time when Bendis actually cranked out okay shit. The saving grace here is DC actually having editors who do their jobs. No longer will Bendis be fast and loose with continuity, and perhaps maybe the new enviroment will force him to try better.

That said, I fully expect a new, black Supergirl to pop up

>Bendis will address the trunks in the comics directly in the comics

civilian 1: Hey he has the trunks again.
civilian 2: He has the trunks again?

civilian 1:yeah he hasn't wear them for a while
civilian 2: He is really using the trunks again?

civilian 1:Yeah he does
civilian 2: I can't say I've noticed.

civilian 1: You wouldn't.

>Bendis loves the current Supes run
As always, Bendis has shit taste in everything.

What's with all these threads made by Marvel interns to dias DC's golden grab?

I've got faith in Cotton as an editor. I know Cunningham's name but I can't for the life of me make a connection without looking, but definite confidence in Cotton to help with continuity and also to make sure it works well with the other DC books that Clark plays a major role in (whatever will be the new JL, and what will take place or if Trinity continues).

I'm also glad to see more workplace stuff. People have stated that Lois didn't have a lot to do which wasn't supporting or simply essentially cameoing in small ways in the self-titled and definitely less so in Jurgens' Action run.

I'm comfortably that there can be enough action stuff while still working in the supporting cast (a perfect example of this is the final issue of All Star Superman), which really hasn't made a lot of appearances since 2011. Saying "Lois will be important' if that's a correct paraphrase or direct quote is also good, ditto Jimmy/Perry, etc.

>new, black Supergirl

She already exists - e.g. the Power Girl who somehow got powers for no real reason, that was created in the New 52, once Karen Starr went back to E2, and was in the TTs for a bit, not sure if she's been seen since rebirth.

Fuck Bendis. I was happy with him being over at Marvel, and considering how fucking awful his writing has been I’m surprised DC hired him. I have to assume he took a massive pay cut, and of course DC is publicly going to say they picked up a diamond instead of a crusty turd. I’m hoping editorial will reign him in, but I’m pessimistic. I can only assume Jimmy will be gay and fucking Perry while Lois divorces Clark to get with a black man. You know that money hungry Jew will also insert as many OCs as he can for maximum diversity and of course royalties. I’m dropping all Superman titles from my pull list after AC 1000, and I hope more people vote with their wallets and show DC giving Bendis their flagship character was a mistake. With any luck he’ll be off of the title in a year.

Yeah. She’s in Desthroke.

Bringing autistic fan wankery directly into the comics is not a good idea on any level.
>We'll get a lot of Perry's point of view and focus on daily planet as a newspaper(also the dying aspect of newspapers)
He'll fuck this up and try to make it some moral issue, like newspapers should be propped up as an industry because feelings or some shit.

Not gay. Trans.

The fact that Bendis is getting Superman just as AC 1000 hits kind of tells me that DC is going to let him do whatever he wants. I see your hope, and pray that it’s rewarded, but I’m bracing for a flood and a hurricane of shit once Bendis actually settles into DC.

Best case scenario, a year later Bendis is writing for Avatar Press because he got mad he wasn’t getting his way

isnt avatar press folding?

I'm hoping he realizes comics are making him ill and simply retires after a month.

They've already addressed this in the past with Bruce Wayne buying the Planet, not just to keep it from/save it from Luthor but also to keep it alive for the benefit of an independent/free press.

It's the same reason that Bezos has given for not just buying but actually spending cash on The Washington Post (which is enjoying it's best online subscription sales and physical subscription sales, as well as newsstand sales of the past two decades.

Likewise, the trunks things was addressed by Tomasi in a throwaway page (which is really all it NEEDED) in the past 12 months with that question/answer between Jon and Clark at the Fortess.

He's moving his creator owned stuff from Marvel to DC and getting some more creator stuff allowed, presumably either under Vertigo or his own imprint. There's a contract for that. And an underlying contract with DC, at most, they would push him off Action and Superman and onto something like Batgirl if you want to consider that 'punishment' but he wouldn't leave. And were he to leave, he could probably end up at Image if he so wanted.

Yeah, but Bendis can't make royalties off that

I hope Jimmy isn't changed to be like his CW counterpart

I thought Marvel rarely paid out royalties for OCs used in MCU/Netflix. Besides, aren't almost all the people in those roles older characters?

And in any event, DC is not going to allow another Voltho Kryptonian when they have Val-Zod.

Make all your jokes, if anything, he'll do something with Natasha and Traci 13, but won't be creating OC. It's just not going to happen.

The point of moving his JINXWORLD crap is that he gets to do creator-owned shit THAT way and via that imprint, not shitting up something like Superman with a bunch of NEW OCs.

Eventually, when he starts doing something else, say if they do create Young Justice as a new team and take Demon Spawn off the Teen Titans for that, they'll allow new team members/OC that way, but that's about it.

Well, start saying goodbye to Jon Kent.

He ain't touching Superboy, that's a fact. Him, and the marriage, is the new status quo/gold standard. And even if he did, expect major backlash and backpedaling.

Gawd I fucking hate Bendisspeak.
This bald asshole doesn't know the meaning of non-repetitive dialogue.
Also be ready, Jimmy Olsen will most certainly be black and/or gay. Count on it.

He's an OC, Jurgens' OC at that - so unlikely, and probably the most popular OC that DC has created post New 52.

He won't kill him or anything like that but I can see Bendies doing something to kick Jon off the Super titles if he doesn't want to write him.

Like develops a power that makes him dangerous to be near Superman or Lois or some dumb bullshit.

Best case scenario Bendis just ignores him, focuses on the Superman and Daily Planet aspect on Action Comics and Jon is a background character that pops up in the comic when Clark and Lois are having dinner or whatever.

>Best case scenario, a year later Bendis is writing for Avatar Press because he got mad he wasn’t getting his way

You are idiot if you believe that. Brevoort said "no" to many of his ideas and he was still at Marvel. He is not that like Byrne

BIG PLANS FOR JIMMY..... he's going to turn him gay....fuck bendis fuck him to hell. i think i hate this writer

I thought that at first but then again, Gleason is staying on Action. I don't think he would if Bendis really erasing Jon

I'd actually love to see Jon go offworld for schooling on New Genesis, paralleling Clark's relationship with the Legion, while marking that with Clark being an outsider back in "A Superman in Supertown" Jon is able to find peers and a place where he can be open with his powers.

Doubtful. His fanbase is rabid and Supersons is selling in the high 30000s. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time a new character got destroyed by a new writer.

If Orion is there as his reluctant mentor with no patience for his shit I can totally get behind that.

To be completely honest, almost all of this gives me a cautious sense of optimism. These three points especially:

>-Bendis refers to Superman as Clark a lot when he talks about him to editors and firends, will focus a lot more when he's not superman
>-Clark being a investigative reporter will be a big part of Bendis run, being a reporter is the first thing Clark really chose for himself according to Bendis.
>-Lois will be important, Bendis thinks she is the most fearless person in all of comics

These are all elements that tend to get ignored by bad Superman writers, and they're also things that Superman skeptics are generally not terribly knowledgeable about, hence the reason he's perceived as being "unrelatable" or "hard to write stories for".

This, on the other hand...
>-On the marriage: "So many people are worried about the state of their marriage and the state of their family. You should be. What they are attempting to do is so enormous and it is so delicate, and so precious, and there is so much pressure on them coming from so many different directions. You absolutely should be scared for that delicate, beautiful relationship." (thanks rosawater for the full quote)
This sounds so much like a typical pedantic comic nerd that can't stand it when their heroes grow up, because to them, adult relationships are inscrutable. It's the same kind of attitude that Slott has (hence the reason he rushed to erase Peter Parker's marriage and make him date around again), and it's really making me concerned that Bendis feels similarly.

>DC actually having editors who do their jobs
I see you haven't read Priest's Justice League.

wasnt it jms and quesada that erased the marriage?

I have a suspicion there's more to that. Its WAY out of character for Jess. Either way, its a cheap method to try and boost book numbers. No one really cares for Justice League lately

Bendis was pro Spider marriage. Slott has the autistic hateboner for it

No Slott’s just a company bitch. He was willing to stick with OMD and defend it so he got the job. He doesn’t really seem to care about Peter’s sex life since it hasn’t really played a major role.

The podcast as a whole is good listening.

Specifically, that it was Didio who had bigger plans for Bendis on Superman prior to Bendis jumping ship.

>Lois Lane
>a sweet, carrier woman

user, I think you might be confusing Ms. Bitch Supreme for someone else.

>Jimmy was actually a girl dressing like a man the entire time
>Clark knew
>Inspires him to get the treatment
>Is gang raped in Gotham before then for some reason

I'm actually happy that Jon wasn't mentioned much. Tomasi basically turned the Superman book into the Jon Kent Show and that's without even bothering to give the little shit a personality first. So heavily reducing the focus on him would be a blessing.

>Ms. Bitch supreme
You're a ho. Lois may be an Army Brat and cold at times, but she isn't a cold hearted bitch. She just has a bigger dick than half her male co-workers most of the time. And let's be honest, that's what gets Supes off.

He's crossdressed a couple of times and been changed into different creatures so it wouldn't be surprising

So now that it's confirmed that Lois is getting blacked, the new question is who will it be?

>Look, Mom! I made the joke!

>So many people are worried about the state of their marriage and the state of their family. You should be. What they are attempting to do is so enormous and it is so delicate, and so precious, and there is so much pressure on them coming from so many different directions. You absolutely should be scared for that delicate, beautiful relationship
I want to believe he's just intentionally stoking the flames but has no real punch to land, but one should never underestimate how fucking retarded this industry is.

That piece of shit did it again, he ruined Superman's design.

This sounds cool, I'm happy Bendis stopped ruining Marvel but I'm afraid he ruins Supergirl.

you mean fixed it

Lois is a bad ass. She's been shown as a bad ass SINCE the first issue - and shown as being a foreign correspondent before the US entered WII and before they started all with the "girl reporter" strips and the Superman's Girlfriend. Even the Fleischer theatricals showed her as a gutsy go-getter and the tommy-gun shooter that she inherently is.

She's also someone whose has a solid career for the entire 80+ years she's been in print.

Saying she's not sweet, as in not gentle, is a reasonably fair point IF you are referring to anyone other than how she treats Clark, Jon, Jimmy, Perry, etc. etc.

Otherwise, you're just putting on your own issues with females on to a fictional character.

Agree with first half of this

>-Big Plans for Jimmy, Bendis can't say what yet

If Bendis turns him gay, there will be a fucking riot

>Lois may be an Army Brat and cold at times, but she isn't a cold hearted bitch.
>treats Clark like shit for most of their history, right down to trying to get him fired or even fucking arrested to get him out of the way as competition
>acted like a psychotic bitch the moment Clark looked at another woman for most of their marriage while happily enjoying the attention of other dudes
>goes off at other people for not bending over for her while doing shit like swiping other people's coffee because she's too cool for basic human decency
>Clark automatically turns into an incompetent doormat when she's around to make her look better

Superman can do much, much better than her.

>Lois is a bad ass. She's been shown as a bad ass SINCE the first issue - and shown as being a foreign correspondent before the US entered WII and before they started all with the "girl reporter" strips and the Superman's Girlfriend.

If by "bad ass" you mean that she sucker punched people while they were being distracted by Superman and had the good fortune to avoid getting her ass kicked for mouthing off because Superman was around to save her ungrateful behind, then sure. She was a generic rip-off Torchy Blane, except with none of the charm.

>Saying she's not sweet, as in not gentle, is a reasonably fair point IF you are referring to anyone other than how she treats Clark, Jon, Jimmy, Perry, etc. etc.

She isn't. She treats Jimmy like an incompetent little kid half the time and disrespects Perry all the time, right down to tearing apart his family when his son was outed was working for Intergang because she doesn't have anything resembling common decency. She's a parasite of a character that only survived because Superman fans and editorial raise a shit-fit anytime someone tries to evolve the character, despite that being the very fucking reason Superman is an icon today instead of getting consigned to the dustbin of history.

>Bendis thinks she is the most fearless person in all of comics
You'd think he of all people would know this.

>pic related
How painful is is gonna be?

if he one more days the relationship...

What's the sauce on that?

If you say so, user.

I'm sure Drumpf will also be happy to defend you to when you finally get outed, assuming someone will marry/date you in the first place.

I know both Cotton and Cunningham used to work for Wizard. I think Cunningham's been editing Justice League since New 52?

I'm a little warry about the taking him back to his Jewish roots thing. It's not a bad idea in theory but I am not sure I trust Bendis with it.

Nah. Newboys legion.

>She was a generic rip-off Torchy Blane
I see someone read Lois's Wikipedia page, typical of when Sup Forums tries to "explain" things.

Which member of the newsboy legion will be made gay?

>It's the same reason that Bezos has given for not just buying but actually spending cash on The Washington Post (which is enjoying it's best online subscription sales and physical subscription sales, as well as newsstand sales of the past two decades.

And the best free and independent press he could buy is WaPo?

>muh Sup Forums
>muh Drumpf
>muh-soggy-knees pedo

Damn son, you just hit all the retard checkboxes. Congratulations, or rather, sorry for your mental deficiency.

>I see someone read Lois's Wikipedia page, typical of when Sup Forums tries to "explain" things.
>doesn't even try to defend Lois being a generic rip-off Torchy Blane

I actually read the source material. I can't say the same for you.

Also, reminder that lefty fags like you are by far the most likely to be outed for being predators so...projecting much?

I want to be confident in this but I can't knowing the past decade or so of Bendis' Marvel work with GOTG, X-Men, Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War II. I mean, I'm hoping that it turns out that his worst work was done due to Marvel fucking up badly guidance/editorial-wise. But it's a big risk to take.

>or rather, sorry
Beta as FUCK!

No clue; it probably had more to do with the Post being available.

The family that owns the NYT won't be selling anytime soon. I wished he had bought the LA Times, but we've gone from crappy money hungry owners, to stupid crappy owners, to idiot owners and to some doctor who probably made his money illegally. There are few options for a good daily newspaper in the USA.

youtube.com/watch?v=rSw-99WkXvo&t=

>Editors who keep writers from referencing bad stories
What's wrong with that?

>-Bendis will address the trunks in the comics directly in the comics, people in Metropolis will discuss the trunks and their opinion of them
Sup Forums IRL

I just...I dont understand why this man feels the need to spin everything into personal relationship drama
even the trunks? really? the fucking trunks as a point to waste comic pages on? Just call it conversation filler: the topic of the month

and of course he has to mess with the marriage. Its only the most stable and happy relationship in DC comics, so naturally he has to shit on it.

and who gives a shit about Perry? Did anyone give a shit about Perry enough to have a dedicated POV for him?

Never gave a crap about Olsen, I dont care if Bendis makes him gay. He was always the beta fanboy that people gave too much of a crap about. He's the Collin Creevey of the Superman comics: he just acts like a creepy fanboy

People have been shitting on Bendis for years now. Fuck off, newfag.

Bendis is the Uwe Boll of comics. I'm still waiting from him to challenge haters to a jew-off or something, as i don't recall him to practice any sport.

That's a horrible idea. The DCU isn't the same as it was when Clark was a kid. Jon has the Teen Titans, Damian. He can be open with his powers with his DAD.

>Brevoort said “no” to many of his ideas
Name a few?

Buddy you are OBSOLETE. Superman has been married to Lois for years and now they have a kid who has firmly cemented himself in the comics. Leave. Obliterate yourself.

This
Anyone who actually thinks bendy isn’t about to seriously shit up Superman hasn’t been paying attention for the last decade or so

>lois
>important
>fearless
She is just a plot device for Superman to save the day

>It's a kind man having married a sweet, carrier woman and they have a kid they love. What's delicate about that, you bald faggot?
They're both white. Obviously that can't be allowed.
>in b4 go back to Sup Forums
It's going to happen. Most of you know I'm right.
(We're always right)

I'd agree with you on New Genesis.

But Kon-El went to future and so did Kara. I'd be down for an arc in Superman or Action where Clark, Lois and Jon travel to the future and Jon wants to stay there for another six to twelve issues, which can be it's own thing. I don't think it needs to be, necessarily for Jon to be open with his powers (although he could be a lot more open, day in and day out, 24/7 then can he can in the current DCU) but as much for him to find some other peers.

I mean, Brainy can truly (e.g. literally) bring him back at the same instance he left....

He's like ten though, and for the Legion to function they kind of need to be at least 15-ish as a whole. And their last kid sidekick wasn't really a hit.

Jimmy, you have AIDS.

Grow some tastes.

>characters can't have flaws

>-We'll get a lot of Perry's point of view and focus on daily planet as a newspaper(also the dying aspect of newspapers)
So he'll write Rick Perry the same way he writes Ben Urich, got it.

How can bendis bring kitty pride to DC. I am thinking of Martian manhunter's daughter.

>-Clark being a investigative reporter will be a big part of Bendis run, being a reporter is the first thing Clark really chose for himself according to Bendis.

Ah fack. Superman has a natural in for Bendis and his shitty repetitive dialogue.

She's been getting 'Stroked by Spade over in his solo book.

>Rick Perry

I imagine that he bought it because it was available, and having a preexisting brand, whatever it is, saves you the hassle of starting from the ground up on infrastructure.