Now trump has won, how long it will take factories to be reopened?

now trump has won, how long it will take factories to be reopened?

Are you americans ready to work 80 hours in the week for $90 per month as in pakistan to make america great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days
tesla.com/careers/search#/?department=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we had the 40 hours a week for a century without any problem. you need to learn about tarifs

Trump could bring back these manufacturing jobs.

I don't think Trump really understands what's going on technologically.

The guy is stuck in the 1980s thinking bringing jobs back will usher in an era of 1,000 years of manufacturing. The reality is that in the near future many of these jobs will be automated... what then Trump? How will your administration handle this?

We need a Butlerial Jihad.

> what then Trump? How will your administration handle this?

blame some minority and start a war

who is going to be executed to rally the troops?

>Are you americans ready to work 80 hours in the week for $90 per month as in pakistan to make america great again?
the robots get those jobs.

No they would need to pay a competitive wage or they wouldn't be able to make anything.

>muh robots

do you realize the benefits of having even this kind of factory in a town?

>Someone has to build it
>someone has to maintain it
>they need to purchase the robots from robot stores
>which need to be designed and built in even more factories
>which need to source smaller parts from smaller factories and manufacturers
>all of the people down the supply chain need to be paid
>all of them need to be managed
>all of them would get health benefits and retirement plans
>requiring people to maintain and service said plans
>all these factories need financing and insurance
>all of these companies need HR people and IT people and counsel and regulators
>all of these people and companies paying taxes locally and federally
>all these people that are employed now need to buy homes and cars and stuff, and entertainment and food and bars and movie theaters and clothes and doctors etc.
>all of those people employed in those services

the benefits of getting manufacturing back to the US is so nebulous and important it is hard to explain

or we could just smoke weed and say fuck it

We have minimum wages and overtime wages.

see this is the problem. the machines merely have to have a seat built in where a human can be moved by the robot to various points where the human does the work

>the robots get those jobs.

only if the investment is cheaper than american labour. you must compete.

damn never considered that.

Poor OP never worked with robotics. It's okay your nation will learn soon

Siri. And that gay robot from Star Wars.

And this is why capitalism works.

you are a genious.... oh wait, you are not.

you forgot the building production lines and maintaining robot overlords must be done cheaper than $90 per month to ensure you can compete with bangladesh.

Yeah thats why when a factory in a town that employed like 1000 people will kill a town of 6k

>what is a tariff
>what is tax breaks
>what is lowering of the regulatory burden

If the cost to make something in Bangladesh vs the US is equal (or even close to equal) then they will probably build it in the US

Obviously not everything will come back (unfortunately) but thats my point, even something vastly smaller and more efficient than a 1940's style care factory would bring back thousands of jobs and huge amounts of economic activity to depressed Rustbelt areas.

Who is Bangladesh going to sell their cars too?

>companies will do this?

Look at the decline of car manufacturing in Aus, they can't pay the same costs for workers and local parts while remaining price competitive

Just accept it burgers. It just cant be done. Those jobs will never come back, it doesnt make sense economically.

these are cheaper than robots. introducing tarifs will only close markets from american products (china is already switching boeings to airbusses).

when robots are cheaper than her, then she will start to maintain the robots.

rip murrica 1889-1945.

Thats because our governments over tax and over regulate and incentivise these companies going overseas.

We literally set up taxes that encourage our companies to go to Asia and use slave labor.

We can enact policies to prevent this, to lower the taxes, to remove the regulatory stranglehold

I'll put it this way.

If bringing those jobs back would be worth it, every company would do it. Simple as that.

And there is nothing Trump or any goverment can do. If they intervene theyll only make it worse.

>robot stores

you mean Korea and China, the countries Trump wants to start a trade war with

meant to reply to this one

>implying tariffs don't work

>enact tariffs
>make factories move to the US
>oh shit WE FORGOT ABOUT THE ROBOT STORES

Jesus assuming that they will forget about an industry is not an argument against the economic plan.

Not to mention plenty of robotics is actually done in the US, its the type of manufacturing we probably still actually do.

My view is that even if it costs more to manufacture in the US (or Australia) it is still ultimately worthwhile.

If we manufacture we will have to pay more for goods, and ultimately this will result in a partial decline in our standard of living compared to now.

However the current situation has us running on debt so it is not sustainable. I think we need to accept a slight decline in our standard of living now, in order to protect the future for our children.

Yesh idiot, they work perfectly if you want prices to increase astronomically. But hey at least stuff will he made in murica

Wages will go up to accomodate it idiot

Its like how video games in australia are like $100 but they make $20 an hour instead of $8

Machines are supposed to liberate us. Why is it the transition from scarce to post-scarce economy will be so difficult?

And same time cut the exports because of tarifs set by exporting markets.

Also exporting markets would probably pull product development from murrica.

With heavy debt driven stimulus it might work for couple of years, but then there will be heavy economical depression after hyper inflation.

>who cares what impact "free trade" has on our manufacturing system, as long as we can get the price of an iPhone down another 4%

How's the value of that peso holding up, Paco?

Also, the heavy trade taxes trump has mentioned will make it a lot easier to compete with foreign county's

>people will pull out of the largest economy in the world by far

kys

>also inb4 someone puts up the EU

fuck off.

>these jobs are bad

Tell that to China and India you fucking idiot

Prices in australia are inflated because of an excessive minimum wage.

And lol lets say that wages go up because of that. What will happen next genius? Stuff will be EVEN MORE expensive because of high costs (wages). You are basically proposing hyperinflation

>increases in wages to follow historical parity is hyperinflation

t. mexican intellectual

Haha and how much do you think everything would cost if everuthing would be made in america?

Pretty good actually, it makes our exports cheaper so we can keep on exportimg to the US.

Fuck off, if you make something valuable or advanced salaries aren't the biggest expenditure for the company.

I work in a factory in Sweden and I get a decent pay, and it's ok for the factory to pay me good because the product I create is expensive as fuck.

In the US the product doesn't have to be as expensive or advanced to be profitable because the US is the biggest single market.

My company prefers to export to the US rather than export inside Europe because the Americans pay better, even though there are no tariffs insert Europe.

You are discounting several things

>Prices will not rise too high because simple consumer demand will not allow them to rise before wages follow suit
>Deregulated business, decreased taxes, tighter control of/abolition of the Federal Reserve makes it much easier for small business to get started, increasing competition and naturally lowering prices while creating jobs
>Lower taxes also mean the cost of producing goods is lower, which helps to offset the increased labor costs

>I think we need to accept a slight decline in our standard of living now, in order to protect the future for our children.

You're right. However, people will not accept it. If you told people that there was a chance that they might have to live at a lower standard of living compared to what they grew up in, they would be aghast. If you told them they were being required to live at a lower standard of living, even if it was for the good of everyone as a whole, most still wouldn't accept it, as "they worked to get there" and the others "didn't deserve it."

You may get truly kindhearted people that go, "Ok, let's do it, it'll be ok," but most won't. I'm pretty selfish and would probably resist change.

Because the people at the top do not want to let go of what they have. You have people at the top raising their own salary, instead of those who work for them. Replace them with robots, even more money that goes to them.

If someone had a company that was 100% robotic, from the manufacturing, to the delivery to stores, they would not lower the price of their product from the gains, they'd keep the gains to themselves.

I'm not saying I know how to solve it, just that this is the case.

Let's say I own a 250 million dollar a year in revenue Amazon company, sell it for 1 billion. What should I invest into with 1 billion? Build an American version website of alibaba? Because that's where the Chinese and Indian manufacturers are using to sell. I would rather buy product from here but I don't see any American manufacturers on the site. I don't know if I'm on to something or I'm being a fucking retard. An alibaba like-site just for US manufacturers, what do y'all think?

still doesn't explain why latinos should get semi-decent jobs and not be white man's slaves

latino jobs wouldn't be automated? what are you gonna do about lations?

Maybe, um we can have people fix those machines you fucking twits..

That's for them to decide when we send them back

>An alibaba like-site just for US manufacturers, what do y'all think?

just make a donation to somewhere, because american version of alibaba does not make sense.

I'm sure all those Japanese men and women working at the Toyota factory are barely scraping by, mongol.

You have 100 people.

Replace them with 100 robots (even though some robots can do the jobs of a few humans).

There's no way you need 100 people to repair the robots. If so, why get the robots?

At absolute most, you would need about 5 people to maintain the robots, and that's generous.

Etsy?

Whatever you say, sUuUGE

>efficiency is bad
>its better to have 0 jobs and no factory than a high tech factory employing 30

>my sides

This guy knows what he's talking about.

The problem right now is the lack of jobs, once factories start popping up the only problem is that the jobs exist but requires to train the people to efficiently handle it.

Nobody's saying it'll revert back to the 40s style of factory work but the fact is that having jobs that actually pay well is better than having no jobs at all.

>the benefits of getting manufacturing back to the US is so nebulous and important it is hard to explain
Guess you've never heard of Tesla.

>how long it will take factories to be reopened?
Doesn't matter. I guarantee you that once they open, Americans still wont walk inside those factories that matter. Maybe an inspector will. But those factories will be filled with machines doing 10x more work than any latino or american can. Guess who they'll hire? Maybe like 10 asians or other minorities that bothered to get off their ass and work for a meaningful science degree. Maybe they'll even rub salt in the wound and hire asians from overseas? I heard India and Pakistan are just chock full of joe schmo's willing to take $9/hour with more technical skill than the average American.
Welcome to the 21st century. Trump doesn't have any power to force any production back to the US if yall still want your iphones and tablets for just a little over $200
they're working shit jobs like cleaning, fruit picking, farm-hand, fast food service, and trades. They're competing with the average white man already and they're winning out because they're cheap and they've got nothing to lose.

that's actually the thing has been discussed in here for years.

you can only compete only with very high education level and high position in value adding chain in the future.

It really makes no sense to believe old times will come back because of voting it. Markets and money won't listen.

Oh, I agree with you 100%.

Just tired of all the people going, "they can repair the robots!" As if it's the end of the discussion. Just saying, "well the other 70 people should have been more educated, learned to fix robots better, or learn another trade" can't be enough of a solution.

Wow that's 5 more jobs Don created.

You're impressively retarded. His entire post was talking about how automation does not eliminate jobs.

There's material such as glass from manufacturers that I can buy for cheaper here the US than overseas. I'm trying to brainstorm an idea where buyers can purchase from American factories for glass and certain metals because it's cheaper here. And bring back our jobs.

Nah Etsy isnt for bulk, wholesale ect. Everytime I buy from alibaba it's no less than 2000 units of the same product

Companies aren't coming back.

It's not even an issue of trade and taxes. It's a matter of the cost of labor.

Only a retard would think factories are coming back.

>certain metals

I hope you will find a way.

t.stock owner

Vertical integration? Do you think Tesla designed and programmed all those machines.

Do you think Tesla owns mines and the facilities to make aluminum and the Train and Trucking companies to ship the products?

Does Tesla make its own fuel? Does Tesla self insure (it doesn't I work in the insurance industry) Does Tesla not use loans? Does Tesla insure its customers cars? Does Tesla Finance its customers cars?

Do Tesla's employees get paid Tesla bucks to shop in Tesla stores for Tesla cornflakes in Tesla town?

No, my argument still stands.

Nigga then tell me why I can buy cheaper glass here than overseas??

>There's material such as glass from manufacturers that I can buy for cheaper here the US than overseas.

Better too probably. Ever heard of "Chineseium?"

It's shit quality metal and production that creates cheap shit that breaks and bends instantly.

FUCK YEAH BUDDY WAGESLAVERY IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!! #MAGA xD

ITS GONNA BE FUCKEN EPIC WHEN WE HIT THE WORST FINANCIAL DEPRESSION SINCE 1928 BECAUSE WE RAISE TAXES ON CHINESE GOODS LOL xD

MAGAGAGGA

Thanks man, I don't wanna rely on selling for Amazon forever, I want my own shit, my own website. I'll look into it more

Not everybody can be a white collar worker, Id rather have single mothers and niggers working on factory lines and being productive than living in Gov housing and chimping all day.

Yes, As I said work in commercial insurance, seen many claims where cheap plastic or metal parts from China fail.....Good luck ever getting a response from a filter manufacturer in Shenzhen or a wholesaler in Shanghai

They wont call you back, and even if you can somehow get them into a Chinese court, the court never rules against its own.

We need to start doing that kind of shit back. Free trade doesn't work when one side breaks the rules.

i never miss an opportunity to post this

>these jobs are good

Tell that to the people who work in buildings with suicide nets

Butlerian Jihad was against the thinking machines.

I invested some years ago to Finnish steel manufacturer, which has a factory in the Calvert, Alabama, USA.

It looks like markets aren't too afraid of tarifs :)

t.capitalist pig

>However, people will not accept it.
What is projection?

The idea of China having "cheaper goods" than the US is mostly just a fucking lie
Between QC issues and the chinks stealing all intellectual property, theres no material gain for businesses to outsource production to china.

It was more a situation of unions & regulation running businesses OUT than cheap labor pulling businesses in.

They wouldn't be able to have slave labor in the US they would need to compete for labor in the US.

And Trump wont give a shit about their lobbyists begging for open trade to increase their profits by 2%

npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days
* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

No depression for the states, but leeching coutries (like mine) might suffer at first.

Tesla is creating a lot of manufacturing jobs through their gigafactory. It's all technical roles. Tesla is bringing advanced manufacturing back to America, where Japan and South Korea have dominated it.

tesla.com/careers/search#/?department=4

Yeah that's why I always have order samples from at least 5 companies every time I start selling a new product. I think I might just start a wholesale e-commerce website where it's US only, glass and metals manufacturers to start out with then who knows what happens next. The top dogs selling on Amazon use alibaba so maybe if can make Amazon sellers buy from the US we can become prosperous again

>I don't think Trump really understands what's going on technologically.
He's very good on the Cyber though. He knows that cyber is very tough.

Even if they don't, others might open up that wouldn't have otherwise. Especially with a reduced corporate tax rate, that will attract international investment.

I have desirable skills that make my time infinitely more valuable than that of a factory worker.
I'm ready for Jamal and Tyrone to work 40 hour weeks in return for enough money to live a moderate but comfortable lifestyle, as opposed to draining society and spending all that free time shooting each other.

They dont have to compete for shit dumbass, stop regurgitating your innately terrible understanding of macro youo've learnt from pol

Come back when you graduate high school

This doesn't address at all why products shouldn't be manufactured in the US, and why the money shouldn't be here.

Complete and utter falsehoods. If the environmental protection laws that are absent in China are the only advantage the Chinese have, that alone reduces their production cost by 5%. In addition, the low wages and almost completely unrestricted labor hours, as well as no safety regulations on products and in factories, allow the Chines to produce goods for considerably less. Couple that with artificially depreciating their currency and illegal subsidies, there is no way the U.S. can compete. The only people benefiting from these trade deals are foreign interests and MNCs

Don't bother, the fucking idiots on here have decided they don't like Elon for some reason, most likely because he isn't a climate change denying cunt

He is literally the embodiment of the american dream, a true patriot with big ideas and the work ethic to see them realized. He is the most important figure of the 2000s in the US so far.

>There's no way Trump can possibly win
>There's no way the US can bring back its industries

Why does the media think its personal opinions are always right?

>things cannot be different
>we must continue to support policies that send all of our wealth to Asia so a tiny portion of westerners can become uber rich and use their money to influence politics at the expense of everybody else.

>this is okay because wrongly think I'm a special class above the dregs.

>opposing free-trade
>this is why capitalism works!

Holy fucking shit a retarded swarm of disgruntled hicks who don't understand 101 economics just elected our president on this kind of backwords fucking logic.

The dumber you are, the more sure you are that you're in the right.

>doesnt know why pol dislikes elon
>preaches about pol on elon

Plastic also?!? Holy fuck maybe I should start this American version of alibaba. If I connect wholesale buyers to cheaper (higher quality than China) US manufacturers we can bring back jobs I think

Remember when Sup Forums hated Jews?
Anything is possible at this point

To be fair, the only way free trade would work would be by having a quasi-non-existent government. Otherwise, with taxes, hiring quotas and regulations, you start at an enormous disadvantage.

So, yeah, ideally I'd want trade to be free, but in the current situation, it's hugely detrimental.

US will hit stagflation or worse before 2020 Bank on it.

>Guy creates new ideas and makes efforts to improve economy
>Sup Forums gets pissed off and hates that guy over personal opinions and turns around praising frog gods and digits on an Asian imageboard thinking frog god will summon them solutions to all their problems
>most posters on Sup Forums are American followed by leafs

I think Clinton should've won just so the far right tumblr can get nuked along with the sjws and dindu nuffins.

Plastics, Pharmaceuticals, Metal, basically anything.

There are companies in CA that just rake in Chinese profits selling bullshit supplements in China that cant pass the EPA

>thinks the west is benefiting from current free trade

we are being taken advantage of, the way our trade is currently set up is we are essentially taking a full cup of water and dumping it into an empty pool

soon enough we will all be even, and we will all have nothing.

Once we reach that equilibrium then yes, theoretically, humanity can march arm and arm into a bright capitalist future.

But I dont feel like sacrificing the Wests wealth for some future bullshit dream of global economic harmony.

Fuck the Chinese and their cheap labor I want my kids to have a nice life, not the life of a Chinese serf.

The price of labor is offset by the price of shipping it halfway around the world... The prices may be higher, but with cutting our tax on manufacturing from 40% to 15% a lot of the mismatch will be offset.

You want to live in an unindustrialized country printing your currency into nothing to buy foreign goods from sweatshops? Such a moral person you are. Eventually when the Euro and the Dollar inflate themselves into nothing, we'll have factory jobs reinvest OR we can take proactive measures to ensure the currency retains value through manufacturing. If inflation wasn't a thing (and it is) you're argument would be valid.

Sorry, but you have to produce goods to legitimize wealth and consume goods. These western consumer economies are all on the brink of collapsing from lack of manufacturing. It's only a matter of time. We can't live off our printing presses forever. You would be wise to actually learn a few things about the business cycle before spouting off anti-market strawman arguments about how hard work is only for 3rd world peasants (and then claim you're a moral person on top of it).

Plenty of nations have tariff laws.. including every person posting against the idea of U.S. manufacturing (Then again, your countries are the biggest losers if it were to happen)