Black Panther will be worse than Blade

No doubt about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-bAWWmLfkWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shut up Wesley, go pay your taxes

Doubt

are people really acting like blade never existed?

they often report Black Panther as marvel's first black solo film.

or worse, "the first superhero film with a black lead"

i can't recall anything predating this.

does it count as a marvel movie when a comic series by marvel happened after the movie? or they just did it but don't own it.

Didn't remember the outfit looked that awful.

The Virgin Kangz vs The Chad Daywalker

>Beard, symbol of 21st century soymales
huh

>No interracial romance

Dropped

is t'challa going to be the new 'namor cucked reed' thing?

can someone add 'deadpool/hal jordan was his sidekick' on blade's list of accolades?

>This is an IMPORTANT movie that TRANSCENDS the superhero genre

can't say I terribly care about this movie anyway

but I really don't get why people act as if a Black Panther movie is some type of culture watershed

I mean its literally about an African King from an impossibly advanced African nation that got its head with like alien technology or something right? Its silly although more so than normal comic book stuff, but I don't actually get how African Americans would find it relateble or culturally important, are they so blinded by skin color themselves that it doesn't matter that Black Panther is so far divorced from anything near reality

idk maybe I'm over thinking it

Deadshot was quite clearly the protagonist of Suicide Squad.

but there were no protagonists, don't you remember they are bad guys, they only said it like 50 times

LOL

yes, how could anyone forget this "gem"?
youtube.com/watch?v=-bAWWmLfkWo

>no one remembers M.A.N.T.I.S

>all this cgi shit
is a single punch going to be thrown by the actors at all?

MANTIS was my shit. His car was rad.

Didn't he fucking die in the last ep though

"I thought cats didn't like water!"
"I'm a human being. Black Panther just is my superhero name. Jesus Christ, do they have lead paint in the Baxter building or something?"

It is Marvel's first film with a black lead, because Blade was not made by Marvel Studios. Black Panther is marketed as an important event because it has the 'right' company behind it, its release is about celebrating a big company recognising black americans as a consumer demographic and pandering to them.

>but I really don't get why people act as if a Black Panther movie is some type of culture watershed
It's the first movie in history with black people in it! Just like Ghostbusters (2016) was the first time that women were ever allowed on a movie set.

It's called banter, mate.

and it panders to them with a character completely unlike them expect for his skin color?

This is the part I don't get, I kinda understand the appeal to the African American community as a sort of power fantasy, there is nothing wrong with power fantasies and a ton of media could easily fit the definition, and I can definitely see the lack and therefore the desire for a, for lack of a better term, Black Power Fantasy

but don't act like that's high art or culturally important

remember when they had to CGI his eyes open?

impossible it's better than The Dark Knight and is going to make at least $2 billion

if you dont love black panther, you are just a racist!

>bad guy has an evil version of good guy's powers
>both run towards each other in a fight
>punch creates a shock wave that sends both flying back

This is some Super Sentai shit.

If only the Belgians didn't steal all of the Congo's vibranium.

or you know like the majority of Marvel movie villains

Damnit now I kinda want to have a "black superhero" movie marathon before seeing BP.

Skipping though.

>wahwahh Africa is ruined because white people put dictators in charge of their country
>omg this born king dictator with access to his country's wealth like it's his own is so progressive this is the future we want!
What the fuck is going on in this world, I don't know anymore

Is this the final print? This CGI looks fucking awful.

>Protagonists can’t be bad guys
Go back to 9th Grade English please

It's getting a little out of hand

>not understanding the concept of a joke
kys please

Honestly what do you have in common with Bruce Wayne ?

>black panther is for film what barack obama was for the presidency

They might not be wrong here actually

Sup Forums have you guys ever taken the time to ask yourselves if you have a mental illness? The butthurt I'm seeing over this movie is sad.

nothing really, which is fine

but I'm not gonna claim Batman is a revolution in film or comics because I like to pretend to be Batman

I get why Black Panther appeals to black people I don't get why people are claiming its a cultural revolution, its a super hero movie

jesus christ wtf is this massive hyperbole

But is Black Panther the dark souls of cape movies?

Ok gotcha
And you are right.its a cape flick. It’s not going to validate anyone’s existence.

Maybe some people felt better about being white because of Batman

everyone likes the idea of the benevolent dictators.

If they had any potential for development, maybe they wouldnt have ended up as colonies?

>some black people feel better about being black because of Black Panther
that's fair, I hadn't really thought of it that way

I don't really agree without line of thinking and I think its actually fundamentally racist and really only serves to perpetuate racism even if it is only subconsciously

but honestly society doesn't actually want to try moving beyond things like race, gender or class, things we constantly tell ourselves don't matter while we constantly subliminally reinforce them

I was actually shitposting there...

It's the first Marvel Studios black lead blockbuster superhero movie that will make money.

The level of specificity this "achievement" has is comical. Hell, there were two black heroes prior to BP that were prominent in other Marvel movies (Falcon and Patriot) but I guess because they weren't the leads, kids were unable to look up to them.

Black people fucking love anime.

I was just a mere teen when Hancock came out, did that movie have "BLACK HERO!" hype built around it when it was being released?

I only remember that Will Smith was a box office draw and people wouldn't stop talking about him specifically (IAm Legend, I Robot, Hitch, Pursuit of Happiness all came out in a short span of each other).

>Patriot

Is this the first time the storyboarder wrote something? The choregraphy and the angles are awful.

I don't remember if his name was Iron Patriot first and then War Machine later, but I know he was War Machine in Civil War and wanted to name a movie prior to BP's appearance.

An overrated piece of shit sold as the savior of the community?
Sounds about right.

He was War Machine originally, he was only Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3.

I live in Australia, and there was an Aboriginal tribe called the Pintupi Nine. They were completely uncontacted up until 1984. When they did find them, they were eating plants and rabbits, throwing spears and boomerangs, and wore nothing but belts that covered up their dicks.
"Advanced" my fucking ARSE.

to be fair Aboriginals are literally the most "primitive" for lack of a better word people in the world, they are basically the only humans that never managed to invent agriculture

like over 5000 years ago most of Africa was already more advanced than that

also Africa wasn't uncontacted, there is a huge difference between wishing Europeans didn't rob a whole continent of resources at gun point and wishing Africa was never discovered by any outsiders, trade was a huge part of most African civilizations

I was so predictable that Sup Forums would hate on this movie

>BLACK SUPER HERO TV SHOWS & FILMS
>1977: Abar, the First Black Superman
>1992: Gayniggers From Outer Space
>1993: Meteor Man
>1994: Blankman
>1994: M.A.N.T.I.S.
>1997: Spawn
>1997: Steel
>1998: Blade
>2000: Static Shock
>2002: Blade II
>2004: Catwoman
>2004: Blade: Trinity
>2008: Hancock
>2014: 13-30 Kaba Church 1&2
>2016: the Bat-Man (let the Gods Do Their Worse!!!)
>...
>2018: WEWUZKANGZMAN

So...youze be saying dat...Black Panther iz be do tha first black super hero movie evar!?

People care about movies on this weirdly personal level WAY too fucking much these days.

oh i get the whole marvel studios, not made by marvel studios thing.

just not how some report it as the first black superhero marvel movie (insinuates that blade doesn't exist).

I remember some hype about the trailer and the posters by comic book artists, but no hype about "BLACK LEAD!". That's more of a 2010s thing, really.

I watched Steel like 2 days ago
Steel is pretty great if you watch it with friends. Can just chill and talk shit.

I'm pretty sure a movie that is good because you can talks shit about it doesn't make the movie actually good. It just makes it good for riffing. Like I could do the same for Catwoman but I still hate that movie

yeah, but if the experience is good then thats really all that matters.

>t. Beardlet

that's literally every DC movie though

Not the first Batman from Tim Burton, though.

Black Panther is not the first movie with a primarily black cast.
It is, though, the first block buster with a primarily black cast. In other words, it's the first movie aimed at a mainstream audience with a primarily black cast, ergo white people.

Now, remember that 90%+ white casting all the time is bad, because racism and representation. So, if Black Panther is a major success, that basically means it's because white people went to see it.

In other words, what this movie will inadvertently demonstrate is that minorities not only don't identify with majorities, they refuse to identify with majorities, while the majority doesn't particularly care as long as the situation is entertaining.

I wonder if they realized they were going to flip their own agenda on it's head with this?

i would watch a blade vs black panter movie

>It is, though, the first block buster with a primarily black cast. In other words, it's the first movie aimed at a mainstream audience with a primarily black cast, ergo white people.
How do you even define that? The Wiz wasn't meant for a mainstream audience, for instance?

If we're talking heroic action and not just straight-up superhero stuff, there's also Shaft & Black Belt Jones. Those would probably wouldn't count since they're blaxpoitation though.

...Granted a lot of these would fall under Those Don't Count to some people.

>Meteor Man & Blank Man? Comedies
>MANTIS? TV Show
>Spawn? Not Marvel or DC, Done by a white Canadian.
>Static? Cartoon, not fully a DC Thing.

Black Panther knows where he got that outfit...and it damn sure wasn't the men's department.

Blade:
>Revitalized modern comic book movies as a successful business, rarely gets the credit, doesn't really care anyways
>Movies came out before social media back when people were normal

Black Panther:
>First appearance wasn't even in his own movie because producers were unsure if fans would give a shit about him
>Movie tainted by racism on social media because current year

>Revitalized modern comic book movies as a successful business
99.99% of people who saw it didn't connect it with a comic book. I loved it at the time, and read comic books heavily, and still had never picked up a Blade comic. Still haven't.

Blade was half-vampire Wesley Snipes kicking Vampire ass. It did absolutely nothing for comic book movies.

You could argue that Blade isn't really a superhero though. He's a vampire hunter.

>NBC BLK
Uh... excuse me?

Y'know, I read this article and thought it made plenty of good points that got me to understand why people are hailing this movie as so important.

Then he called Captain America: Civil War "Avengers: Civil War" and proceeded to call Spider-man "Spiderman" TWICE. So fuck this guy.

I feel bad for tyler perry, he's whole movie career got skipped over to praise just 1 movie as being the most diverse black movie.
Do american schools skipout on the fact that african tribes gleefully sold prisoners into slavery?

Just the new era we are living in. Everything MUST be read into as a indictment or exultation of soci-cultural politic ideology.
The bible-thumping, traditionalist conservatives of yesteryear may have been defeated only for liberals to become the moral-fags.
"If fish can fly. why do they swim?"

Fun fact, we made a random monument out of it. Just to taunt them lol

Blade is the uncle tom of Vampires.

Runs around beating up Vampires for human validation. Fuck him.

you know! the weird about Blade, is that it never felt like a marvel movie

>no "sword = phallic symbol of strong masculinity"

>mfw that was made by Sam Raimi and Mantis was later Martian Manhunter on Justice League

Before the MCU Marvel was dark and edgy (Daredevil/Electra).

>but I don't actually get how African Americans would find it relateble or culturally important

since majority AAs by and large have no cultural or familial ties to africa some of them think its just a mass of black people who are also all the same despite the massively varying cultures and ethnic groups that exist in that continent so its easy to project themselves onto another black character just because they are black. combine that with an AA director who knows how to pander and you get a movie with AA cultural references and issues instead of a legit african superhero movie. Id compare it to something like a french person making a movie about a bunch of british people and some frenchmen gushing over it for no other reason than the characters are all white and look like them, but that wouldn't be entirely accurate.

no way this is real

>"If fish can fly. why do they swim?"
I don't understand this. Can you please explain?

>all these sudden Bladefags
All 3 blade movies are shit.

1st one is fine.
2nd one was ehh
3rd one was pure shit.

Blade 1 does not hold up, its dated as fuck.

I suppose you'd be right. I haven't seen it in well over a decade.

MOTHERFUCKER ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?

It's going to bomb in the middle east?

>dark and edgy
yeah who can forget the dark and edgy marvel movies like spiderman and the fantastic 4