Storytime of Pain: Black Panther Annual "Black to the Future"

Yes, that is the real title.
I don't have the time or the patience to storytime Hudlin's entire run, but this story pretty much encapsulates most of the problems it had. So in "honor" of the movie that by all accounts seems to be pretty good, let's look at one of the weirdest Black Panther stories of all time.

Hey look, Uatu isn't dead in this future.

Kind of funny how not long after Hudlin was gone, the Storm/BP marriage was gone too, and this plot point about their kids never came to be.

>posting the worst black panther story to try and keep him down

typical whitey

>And so a country with a monarchy came to rule the world, and it was great!

>New movie is coming out
>Instead of giving newfags a chance to read some great classic BP stories, OP storytimes one of the dumbest stories by the worst BP writer of all time

OP is a faggot on a realm of godhood.

>Pax Africana
Just call it what it really is "Pax Wakanda", I highly doubt other African countries have a say in what you do.

>Malicious code detected in image file
Sorry for delay

>Black to the Future
That is literally a Family Guy cutaway gag.

>That is literally a Family Guy cutaway gag.
To be fair, I think this comic came out first.

And now, let's dedicate over 10 pages of this story about the future to events from hundreds of years ago that have nothing to do with the rest of the story.

Wasn't Storm a pacifist that was against killing?

>The whites who buy humans or the blacks who sell them?
But the past few pages seem to indicate that the ones kidnapping black slaves were all white pirates. Which is it?

Remember when Wakanda's existence was a secret to the world? Because Hudlin sure never did.

>Ghandi toppled an Empire using love
Also nukes.

>the frog's perspective on either Uatu's undies or Uatu's dong
Eww

Look, I get that at the time portraying Stark as an evil fascist was in vogue, but this is too far. Especially since there's no way Thor, the FF, Spider-Man and the fucking Silver Surfer would go along with it.

They should have dedicated more pages to the Iron Mecha and Black Panther Robot battle than to the pointless history lesson. At least it looks cool.

It was less direct Stark bullying and more a proxy criticism against the Bush administration and Iraq
If you're under the age of 25 you literally can't understand

Pretty serious design flaw there Tony.

Oh, I understand the Bush hate. It was very present during all of Hudlin's run. I just think it's too bad that Tony was associated with it because it was the post-Civil War so writers portrayed Tony horribly.

>Roly poly Wolverine
What the hell was the artist smoking?

>Luke Cage was elected President solely because they needed someone to deal with T'Challa
So is he going to be President for life? Because otherwise there's no real point in his daughter marrying a Wakandan prince. This isn't Game of Thrones.

I prefer the future where Dani Cage becomes Captain America.

What a weirdway to end.
Anyway, there is actually another reason for me to do this storytime beyong me being "a faggot". Hudlin is actually going to write a continuation to this story in this month's Black Panther Annual, so look forward to that. Or not.

Either way, I'll be seeing the movie next week.

Kek, Gandhi BLACKED version. He also hated blacks.

So, what exactly did the letters say?

Historically inaccurate, the vast majority of people capturing and selling slaves we’re other African tribes.

Which they weirdly acknowledge right afterwards

>Going out in the jungle with that.

Nice historical revisionism there Hudlin, you hack.

An user already storytimed Panther's Rage a few days ago. Newfags should have read that.

>it ain't me starts playing

Priest also had a future BP issue (actually 2 issues) with another batch of T'Challa's kids that will never show up again.

Why not call the story "Pax Africana"?

Has Reggie ever written a good comic?

Peace? In Africa? That would be too blatant and unrealistic even for cultural-marxist jews.

I bought this book signed from the artist -- never read it.

Reminder that the upcoming Black Panther one-shot, which features a story by Priest, one by Coates and one by Hudlin, has Hudlin writing Black to the Future 2.

That should be fun.

Will T'Challa have to stop Klaw from using the sports almanac to change history?

So what's the deal with these frogs?

They are King Solomon's Frogs from Jack Kirby's run on Panther. Basically weird shit happens when these frogs are around usually not in your favor.

What was Hudlin thinking pairing up the King of Wakanda with a mutant? In more capable hands, T'challa would turn Omoro into a fertility goddess who pumps out a new race of superhumans who serve Wakanda.

Bush was only a peacetime president forced to act like a wartime FDR, Truman, and Roosevelt because Americans wanted blood.

Tony is a weapons manufacturer. Updated to modern times, he would make more money selling his goods to the US Military for the war in the Middle East.

Much as I'm loathe to do it, Hudlin didn't actually come up with StormxBP. The two were married in Earth-X and Earth-X was "the canon end to the Marvel Universe."