Byrne's run is the greatest Superman run of all time

Byrne's run is the greatest Superman run of all time.

Does his run have a good beginning middle and end or is it just a chunk of time type run?

Happy Superman is best Superman.

Agreed.

no

What is, then?

Byrne missed the point of both superman and his supporting cast in essentially every way. His run is responsible for the failure of a character that is post-crisis superman. Depowered metropolis slugfests and daily planet politics. Ho-hum. If there's any concern about a bendis run it's that it would be much of the same type of thing.

>Byrne missed the point of both superman and his supporting cast in essentially every way.
How?

haha hell no

probably someone who thinks kal-el is the real person and clark is the disguise

I'm not sure how anyone could really have that thought process without being 60+ years old.

you'd be surprised, lot of fans like snyder fanboys prefer when kal el is treated as the main person and clark doesn't get much shine

I dunno, it seemed to me like the opposite was the case in Man of Steel.

>kal-el is the man and clark is the disguise

you mean like in every superman comic before 1986?

They had been gearing in that direction since the mid-70's.

Casey's

Finally someone with a working brain on Sup Forums

Maybe the original miniseries, but as the regular series went on it was just sort of boring, like how he explained the Legion of Superheroes and General Zod.

And that love triangle with Cat Grant was bad. They didn't develop his relationship with Lois Lane enough to develop the love triangle.

every pre-crisis issue

>Sup Forums doesnt read comics
why am i not surprised

We really need a John Byne Superman omnibus

No. GOAT Superman run belongs to based Johns.

Actually, yes!

It starts with Man of Steel 1-6 and the reboot and ends with the Supergirl Saga.

Even more impressive was John was writing and drawing both Supes and Action at the same time

haha WACKY xD

I'd say that was Dan Jurgens and the writers who followed Byrne. 90's Superman was full of pointless supporting cast (Bibbo the random roughneck, Scorn the random blue guy, Guardian the random Captain America, Gangbuster the random vigilante, I can go on and one with supporting cast members)

It's been a while since I've read Byrne's run but I remember Lex, Jimmy, Lois, Cat, and Perry.

Maggin's

How dare you speak ill of Bibbo.

90's Superman is sorely underrated, mostly by shitheads who hate Bibbo and Guardian.

I love runs of ongoing characters that have arcs that way.

>REEEE HOW DARE THEY DOWNSIZE THE SUPPORTING CAST
>REEEE HOW DARE THEY EXPAND THE SUPPORTING CAST

What sort of fuck wit hates Bibbo.

Poor dude can't even afford the couple of cents to name the dog Krypton.

not in any of the cary bates or eliot s maggin stories ive read

not everything was "wacky"