Moomins

is there a more comfy thing in the world that moomins?

>Beautiful atmosphere
>great music
>Top tier characters

Is moomins GOAT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=anJb0LTYS5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is very nice indeed. I can relate to Snork

This show is comfy kino but is it Sup Forums? Some people say it is.

Post lewds of Moominmamma

Moomins are pure

How could you possibly sexualize the moomins. They are possibly the least sexual cartoon characters ever drawn

>How could you possibly sexualize X

Sad panda my friend, sad panda

If you define Sup Forums as strictly Japanese animation, yeah technically it is. but I think it's more fit for discussion here.

kinda wish there was just a board for animation desu. separating them seems pointless to me at this point

Moomins is ridiculously international phenomena in a way that I think only Cybersix can approach. I think it was originally a bunch of short stories, that inspired a comic, that was adapted into a claymation cartoon and an anime. Said anime was distributed all over the fucking world if those "The Groke" compilation videos are any indication.

>comfy
HI GUYS

It was really just the one time the second, third and forth were just happy accidents.

Nobody would have a download link by any chance?

The Simpsons is animated in Korea, but that doesn't make it a Korean show

In this case, the main animated series was made by japs, for japs, so it is technically Sup Forums, even if the moomins as a whole is not.

really wish we'd get a full series release for Moomins

>one board for animation
This is a fucking horrible idea

Snorkmaiden is indeed a very frivolous young lady.

>looking around for new animus to watch
>find some series about guy that rides around on a moomin
>what the fuck
>try watching it
>its fucking terrible

Groke is a good tragic character. She means no harm.

She's an asburger.

why do we always talk about the anime version, I think the stop motion version had a lot more charm to it

I raise you this
youtube.com/watch?v=anJb0LTYS5w

No, in the same way that ATLA isn't considered a Korean cartoon just because it was animated in Korea.

People are trolling because hurr durr it was animated in Japan, but it's an Euro co-production based on a Finnish book series and characters, strictly controlled by the Finnish creator and her family in every way from the look and personality of the characters to the tone and plot of the episodes (most episodes are essentially just faihthful animated adaptations of the original plots the creator wrote in the books and comics she made)

So I don't consider it an anime in the full sense of the world because the Japanese end of things didn't really display any original creativity in the characters, the setting, the plot or anything, the productiong was so strongly controlled by the creator and the Finnish-Dutch production company, and the whole thing was first originally thought up by Jansson alone.

>made by japs
It's produced by a Finnish-Dutch production company and very heavily based on the novels and comics made by Jansson, and Jansson and her brother were involved with the screenplay.

The Japanese had tried to do Moomin adaptations previously on their own but those weren't approved by Jansson so they've never been shown outside of Japan.

If anything, it's a Finnish-Dutch-Japanese co-production, so not strictly Sup Forums.

They are more hippo/cows than anything mate.

This, please.

Well I do have the entire comic series in a collection. However I don't know how to digitize traditional media into online media unforunantly or I'd be posting them.

also many of the unlicensed series were kind of shit, a lot of them were obvious cash grabs

Still an anime made mainly for japs, moomins themselves are not Sup Forums but the show is anime enough to be considered Sup Forums.

Yeah, I too want a board for all animation that will be 95% japanime, 4% "anime is better than cartoons" and 1% actual western animation.

It's both Sup Forums and Sup Forums since it's an anime adaptation of a western comic book.

>an anime made mainly for japs,
gtfo, muminki are the best shit in poland ty głupia pizdo and I'm pretty sure rest of europe thinks the same kurwa

friendly reminder tomino, gundam creator, wrote many storyboards for this anime

Not saying others dont like it or that its purely jap, but it's definitely jap enough in making and intention that its basically Sup Forums

>japjaps

why do you hate them and are so puristic

>No, in the same way that ATLA isn't considered a Korean cartoon just because it was animated in Korea.

but Moomin wasn't just animated in Japan. It was mainly developed there and was scripted and directed by an anime staff. That's why it's considered an anime show even though it was co-produced by a europan company and based on a finnish novel series

Finnish redub is horrible. Voice are good enough, but acting is shit.

I hope the new series will be good.

OP is right. There is nothing comfier than moomins. I love watching it when im high.

It's really disappointing that there's so much of this show that was never in english. Also the best episode is "Crooks in Moomin Valley" Prove me wrong

fucking eurotrash shit lmao

>You will never have a simple and peaceful existende in Moominvalley

End of the episode with the Hat was freakier.

We /MOOMPOST/ now

>You will never chill with Moominpapa

>tfw the pressures of drawing the newspaper strip started to get to Tove and all she really wanted to do was go back to painting

Moominpappa drinking the good stuff

They never translated all of the episodes from japanese , this makes me irrationally stressed and angry!

(I own all the english episodes on dvd, such a plush show).

So then can I make Sherlock Hound and Lupin the 3rd threads on Sup Forums since they're loosely based on Western material?

There's subs for all of them at least.

yeah, but only in finnish

Dunno, are those based on comics?

its anime. you appear to be pretty much making shit up. plots dont matter that much in animation but storyboard and genga, and the japanese controlled all of them. same goes for some modern anime titles made by korean sweatshops. they dont do a storyboard and gengas. although a few talented korean guys sometimes have done, from what i heard. but its not a normal case.

having a thread about it here is ok i think cause its definitely collaboration stuff of finns and japanese. i dunno why are some of you guys trying so hard to divide shit. maybe is it because you are american? i dunno

that being said, the new one looks like shit. 3d characters basically dont work well in these animations. wonder why people still use this garbage tech instead of trying to make a 2d animation title. even though cultivating 2D animators is much more worthy.

No, but we should.

>So then can I make Sherlock Hound
you'd just get banned for "violating" rule 3