WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT HER SERIES' SELLS WERE OK WHY WAS IT CANCELED REEEEEEE

WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT HER SERIES' SELLS WERE OK WHY WAS IT CANCELED REEEEEEE

Her SALES are shit
Also no synergy

I thought Gwen was dead.

You're just finding out about this now!?

This is kinda your fault user. Maybe if you cared a little more and actually went out and bought copies of her book.. she wouldn't have been murdered..

Due to what?! WHAT?!

Due to low attendance.

The fact that she has few issues left in her run has been the main plot point for months, I don't think sales were a part of this - pretty sure it was planned to end.

And AIDS.

>I don't think sales were a part of this - pretty sure it was planned to end.

Its just a puplicity stunt, trust me when her next issue comes out it will all be made clear.

Gwenpool ran for a really fucking long time. Most new characters like her would be lucky to get 8 issues.

She's a dumb white girl, and worst of all, CIS-GENDERED. Make way for more diverse characters. The problem is she was too white and too boring. The more diverse and progressive a comic character is the better it sells

>being this triggered over someone liking a series you don't

Damn shame, at least it had a decent run.

Yeah, at least she's getting a Marvel Legend.

I doubt Moon Girl or Kid Kaiju will ever get that even though I'd buy both.

And make them kiss.

Was the series really that good? Sup Forums seems to have a high opinion of it but the concept of Gwen Stacy + Deadpool always turned me off and I'm pretty sure Sup Forums only likes it because waifu

>This denial
Sad!

It wasn't anything revolutionary or thought-provoking. Gwenpool took 4th wall breaking into a different direction from other 4th wall breakers, but its a direction that has a specific endpoint.

Sup Forums only liked it for Gurihiru art.

Exactly. As much as I hate that Gwenpool is ending, she lasted way, way longer than most other characters. Girl Hawkeye only lasted 16 issues, despite being a longer-running character with way more promotion. Not to mention that Gwen got her own Edge of Venomverse Issue (even though she died soon after), got a solid role Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, and has quite a few game appearances under her belt.

She got the short end of the stick in every appearance not written by Hastings, but she still got a good amount of attention. And I'm grateful for that.

It's good. Gwen's prime waifu material, but haters like to reduce her to just that in order to downplay her character.

It is okay. The first 5 issues were solid, then the quality dipped down and the joke kinda stagnated on the 2nd and 3rd arcs, only got carried by the good art. When a substitute artist is filling in it is almost unbearable, just run of the mill mediocrity.

Then however it picked up again in the 4th arc, showing the Gwen's life when she's not being le crazy 4th wall breaker in her own universe and this arc is what makes Sup Forums fell in love with her as top waifu 2017 contender. The book still going strong into the 5th arc and probably gonna end with a blast

It's biggest sin was that it didn't get REALLY interesting until the Evil Gwen arc. That was when it really came into its own.

>Was the series really that good?
no, it was only liked because of the artwork having cute anime faces.

>in order to downplay her character.
Which is?

>The book still going strong into the 5th arc and probably gonna end with a blast
It already ended, lad.

Outside of gimmick boosts the series was floating around 14k for the last few issues. This is too low to consider continuing, unless there are outside factors. In this case, there are not
The series did better than expected but not well enough to keep pushing it. Marvel will probably try rebooting it or slapping her in a team book later.

Nah, one last issue.

They made ANOTHER DEADPOOL KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!? WHY!

Just cashing in on the current DP popularity.

Trope-aware comic book megafan goes to the Marvel Universe, thinks being aware of the plot will protect her. This leads her to being reckless, violent, selfish and annoying.

Post-character development, she's more caring and willing to sacrifice herself for others, while still possessing some minor sociopaths tendencies. (Pushing villains into an endless abyss.)

Whether you think it's good character or not, she still has a personality and a character arc.

>It's biggest sin was that it didn't get REALLY interesting until the Evil Gwen arc. That was when it really came into its own.
Yeah the first 2-3 issues were okay. It starts with a lot of character introduction, but then the quality dipped for a whole year, until Issue 16 where it picked up again.

A recommended reading would be issue 1-5, then 16-end

I'm kinda upset they named her Gwenpool to be honest. I get that it was intentional but the joke worked too well. There's this kneejerk reaction to see her as "Oh she's just a cash-in for Spider-Gwen and Deadpool why should I bother with this."

It's even worse when she's in crossovers and it's glaringly obvious that the writer hasn't even glanced at a wikipedia article for her

Honestly, I thought the Teuthidan arc was good. But a lot of that came from Gwen's interactions with Spider-Man. It's one of the rare times when Miles Morales is actually entertaining.

Why is it that some people try to find a broader rationalization for justifying their dislike of a comic by saying "people only liked it because of the art", as if this wasn't an essential quality in a visual medium?

The Rocket and Groot book was fucking terrible, "Is fucking Bendis writing this?" aside. I know most non-Hastings material makes Gwen selfie-obsesed, but it was just insane in this book. And she was also really bitchy to Rocket and Groot for no reason.

I think it's ending a decent note, I suppose. She's been coming to terms with her end for a while now.

I think the fact that this series was even created and ran for so long is a blessing in and of itself. I hope we see this goofy shithead again, in another series.

It's a valid complaint, up to a point. A comic can have crap art but still be well written enough to gain a following. Just look at the original One Punch Man. The point that they're trying to make is that the art is carrying the story rather than the characters or plot being any good

>This leads her to being reckless, violent, selfish and annoying.
>Post-character development, she's more caring and willing to sacrifice herself for others, while still possessing some minor sociopaths tendencies. (Pushing villains into an endless abyss.)

Protip: Is not as funny as it sounds, the whole series is really bland about the things that they do. For example they did a Dungeons and Dragons parody and all they did with it was to have a generic fight scene like once and that was it, nothing creative or inventive about it despite the scenario being perfect for it.

That's the whole comic ''something, something a generic fight scene happens''.

That's your opinion, which is valid. Personally, I thought it was entertaining. And it still doesn't change the fact that Gwen DOES have a character, which was what I was arguing.

They didn't read the series so they try to bring the actual readers down a peg to feel smug. That's all.

>in another series.
They're gonna character assassinate her in other series not written by Hastings.

Gwen was right poor Batroc is back into being C list one panel jobber bad guy in Secret Empire after all he did in her run ; ;

>Trope-aware comic book megafan
That describes Kamala Khan.

>This leads her to being reckless, violent, selfish and annoying.
That describes 90% of current Marvel female characters.

>Post-character development, she's more caring and willing to sacrifice herself for others, while still possessing some minor sociopaths tendencies.
So she learns a valuable lesson about heroism (but not really).

Pretty solid stuff! But not really.

>shit series by the shit writer whose claim to fame is a pixel art webcomic

Oh gee I wonder what happened?

Maybe no one bought it.

Art is an essential quality to comics, but it should not prop up the entire book. Art and writing need to work in tandem in order for the book to be worth anyone's time. Gimmick characters like gwenpool aren't worth anyone's time.

Kamala isn't trope aware. She's a megafan, yes. But she isn't aware of the tropes that govern the universe. Also, Gwen's shown to be into narrative devices in general, as seen when she brags to her mom about noticing some "twist to the hero's journey" that she noticed in a story.

>That describes 90% of current Marvel female characters.
Except unlike Riri or America, her bad behavior is treated as such, called out, and holds her back. She has to learn from her (many) mistakes.

>So she learns a valuable lesson about heroism (but not really).
Yeah, exactly. That's the point. She learned about really being a hero. Simple and straightforward.

>Gimmick characters like gwenpool aren't worth anyone's time.
The book has been worth my time.

Batroc was a pretty sweet. He may be a gimmick in most other comics, but he's best merc dad in this one.

Did you see the holiday special? Batroc's barely in it, but they reference his daughter dying and made it tragic.

I think she was worth about 25 chapters, and a couple holiday extras. I really like what they did with the character, and yeah I guess her 4th-wall antics would run dry if the series were to continue for any longer.

K Gwen's great and all, but let's talk about the best girl. Objective perfection right here.

Your time is worthless.

>She learned about really being a hero.
Except she didn't, by your own words. If a reformed hero character still behaves sadistically, they arent really a hero. There is no development.

>I THOUGHT HER SERIES' SELLS WERE OK WHY WAS IT CANCELED
Marvel thought there were too many non-minority superhero series being run at the same time so they axed Gwenpool so Moon Girl had what they called "breathing room" as they planned to expand on her series.

There is development. She chose not to be evil because that would require her hurting the people she cared about. Then she quit being a mercenary to become a superhero, because she feels that she was going down a dark path.

She's not fully moral, but she's doing what she thinks is right. She doesn't take pleasure in banishing people - she just doesn't put much thought into it. Even when she decides to become a villain again, she only goes on a heist rather than anything serious.

She's not completely good, but she realized some of her bigger problems and made attempts to change. She made progress. Baby steps.

>Expanding Moon Girl's series

...how?

>I am so asshurt that somebody proved me wrong.

ahh, I wanted more DnD adventures. At least she and fat Tony won't be humiliated like Batroc if they never show up ever again. haha...

I would love more DnD adventures. It sucks that the book wasted time on Blade's chapter, and Arcade dungeon had to accommodate Deadpool. A three-issue dungeon-crawling story would have been fantastic.

This is true. I use to read MTMTE but when it switched titles and became Lost Light they got a new artist. You never realize how much the writing actually sucks until the good art is gone.

Kids don't buy comics being the main issue and she's very child-like.

This.

Kids under 20 watches youtube for free and play phone games. SJWs don't buy books. Whatever left of actual comic book core fanbase misjudged the character as Deadpool Spidergwen ripoff and Heather Antos poisoned the title with her social media antics.

It is sadly a comic for noone except some random crossover from people who are interested in Gurihuru's art

Her sales were not okay.

Marvel's socially agreeable books have spread poor sales to other titles, like rot on a limb.

That was in Steve's weird Cosmic Cube hallucination world.

The Shogun might consider relaunching her
Westaboos like Gwenpool

>socially agreeable

for some reason i thought gwenpool was wildy popular

Sup Forums has like 10 unique posters
don't let the IP numbers fool you

$70.

Poole will never die. We are here to preserve her memory . her comic may be over but she lives on in the heart and soul of every shitposter , drawfag and writefag, and She'll always be /ourgirl/

But that issue had the Deadpool fight, which was amazing.

It's because she sees her self as a real person in a fictional universe, and initially treats it how you would treat GTA

Let's just hope after her book ends she just quietly disappears altogether. That way she won't suffer the same fate as Batroc.

Actually no, keep her having cameos and turn her into a paranoid psycho because she feels like shes going to be dramatically killed off at any moment

It's liked a lot but it was niche. A decade ago this would've had twice the numbers but the medium is dead.

>that one fag who blames an editor who only works on minor adjustments is to blame
Yeah because her star wars books are tanking you fucking moron.

That's worth 70 bucks

Fucking RIP Batroc.

Post more gwencest

Damn. That's like a kick to the balls.

>$70 for one of the only figures that actually looks like Gwenpool
Might be worth it.

I didn't have that one. Thanks.

What is she staring at?

Proofread before you post.

>She doesn't take pleasure in banishing people - she just doesn't put much thought into it.
That's still evil. Villains don't have to enjoy their evil acts.

>You're just finding out about this now!?
he's lying he just wanted to make another gwenpool thread.

>she's more caring and willing to sacrifice herself for others
Only marginally so, more to the point is that she likes living in the comic book world more than the real world.

>Teuthidan arc
Hastings originally created them for D&D, I recall a post where he'd stat'd them up.

I'm not ready lads

Did they ink the helper lines on her face?

Convince me to buy the trades with one page or panel.

WHERE THE FUCK IS TEDD?

Wow. Kinda emotional tbvh

i like that one with glasses
i dont think all panels are like that but like the lineweight. a bit kinu nishimura-ish tho.

>But that issue had the Deadpool fight, which was amazing.

no, like the rest of the comic it was just some generic bullshit on a visual level.

not even cool generic bullshit, just like a couple of punches and that was it, then they become friends from one moment to the other.

According to Gwenpool fags, asking for example of the comic being good is bait.

Edge of Venomverse Gwen was great.

Because whenever we give examples of anything, people will just go "no this is shit and I hate it" without even attempting to start a conversation.

That's the whole problem with you guys: we can't even converse without you guys just shitting on everything and purposely trying to be difficult. You're not adding to discussions. You're not trying to open a dialogue about actual criticisms to the book. You don't want to have a fair, open discussion about the book, i's problems, or how it can improve. You just want to insult the book, antagonize the fans, and derail threads. So why should we even bother talking to you, when all you're going to do is act like an asshole and try to ruin our fun?

You know that no matter what we say, you'll still hate the book. So why come in every single thread and make this a battle? It's because you just want to stir up shit and be a troll.

Or maybe just go to read comics online and try the 1st issue for yourself

A truly magnificent collection.

What's the difference between 1451213463563.jpg, 1456221086767.jpg and 1503248693866.jpg?