Just finished this for the first time a few minutes ago. How the fuck did they do it...

Just finished this for the first time a few minutes ago. How the fuck did they do it. It's a fucking masterpiece and it's over, I feel empty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwMrPXQUET4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's amazing that something like this came out of nickelodeon. They took a chance and it paid off.

Book 2 is best book.

But now you can watch it again
Think of something inspirational and kinda silly like Iroh would say.
>A story never really ends because you can always enjoy it again another time.
>It's like tea.
>I like tea ...
>Zuko have you seen my tea?

It's my favorite. This is the shining gold standard that makes everything else pale in comparison. I'm very familiar with that empty feeling.

The best part is it's not even perfect. You can really nitpick and say "A bit too much filler here" or "A bit underdeveloped characters here" but even after you nitpick it it's still the best animation has to offer. It should be possible to dethrone it some day, but I'm still waiting.

>western animation will never output something at this level again

I didn't even hate Korra and I pray every day that somehow they'll bring Avatar back for a third series, even if it's at Korra's quality. ATLA deserved to be way more influential than it was.

This is what happens when you give a team three seasons up front to tell a story and the chance to plan it all out from day one - you get a tight, coherent, intricate, well told story with satisfying character arcs for every major protagonist and antagonist.

youtube.com/watch?v=XwMrPXQUET4
It really is amazing
Who was your favourite character?

By far. Water and Fire were still good, but Earth was on another level.

My only problem is how they finished the final Agni Kai. I wanted to see Zuko finally overcome his sister and for this "worlds greatest firebender" brought down by her "dishonorable" brother. instead we get katara jobbing her way into it and it just killed the end of probably one of the greatest action scenes in cartoon history.

RWBY could have done it, but it was doomed from the start at the same time.

Toph best girl

You missed the point, Zuko wasn't suppose to win because he was stronger than Anzu. He won because he had friends that stood by him.

No, that would've been shit. The ending we got was perfect.

Sorry, im just a sucker for honor duels and evil sibling confrontation. Perhaps katara and Zuko actually teaming up would have been better in my opinion if thats the case. Still love the final Agni Kai, just wasnt exactly fit for my taste. which is fine.

>Katara out fucking skills Azula during SOZINS COMET
>Jobbing

Nah

>Perhaps katara and Zuko actually teaming up
To me, that would've been worse. Zuko needed to take her solo...and he did. He definitively defeated his sister. Azula using treachery to get the upper-hand, Zuko willing to take a lightning bolt for a friend and Katara given a memorable role in the finaleā€”I think it went perfectly.

I guess it would've been a nice touch if they established a Katara & Azula rivalry at some point. They faced each other enough times for it to happen naturally. It would've made her victory more satisfying.

>How the fuck did they do it
Seemingly pure luck. Haven't seen them really replicate anything close to it afterwards.

Glad you enjoyed it
Stay away from the comics and LoK

The best episodes were in book 3, but book 2 was the best overall.

Zuko already had a bunch of "sacrifice himself for his friends" moments up to that point. They didn't need for him to do it again. It's just too forced to have him lose again for the sake of symbolism, let alone having Katara have a convenient sizable supply of water and beat Azula in the middle of Sozin's Comet.

Zuko wouldn't have considered beating his sister a 'win.' He didn't want to have to fight her at all. It's really a tragic situation. Besides, if Azula wasn't mentally compromised, she would've beaten Zuko.

Tabii*

It's a shame they never made anything else related to ATLA, but perhaps that's for the best.

You're right, it straight up doesn't make any sense.

Right? It boggles the mind how they never made a second series for it.
Maybe even a continuation after Aang and co have passed about dealing with their legacy and the changed world.
Oh well, we can't get everything.

>masterpiece
>Literally only one good season
>story shits all over itself in the end
>everyone outside Zuko because gradually worse as the story gets on
>Animeism is jarring as fuck

Its an 8/10 at best and a testament to what could be accomplished with Korean animation and a network willing to take a risk but writing wise its all over the place with only the second season being the most consistent and well written once they hired on new writers after the snore fest which was the first its just a shame that they couldn't stick the landing in the third. Overall a very solid action cartoon and one of the best of the 00s but far from a masterpiece. DO NOT READ THE COMICS. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT WATCH THE SEQUEL.

Think about that image for a bit, user.

Yeah, I somewhat agree with this. I viewed it through rose-coloured glasses for a long time, but now it's been long enough that I can look at it a bit more objectively. It's definitely not a masterpiece, but it is a great show that's strengths greatly outweigh it's flaws.

>>Literally only one good season
Come on now, I know water and fire ain't perfect, but they're still good.

>>Animeism is jarring as fuck
I don't understand. The art style is like that from the beginning, how could that be jarring?

>How the fuck did they do it
Aaron Ehasz.

This. If only he worked on LoK, things could've turned out so differently.

>been working on League of Legends for years
>is co-owner of a new video game studio with the lead designer of Uncharted (Wonderstorm), who have done absolutely nothing in 3 years

When will he do something?

>My only problem is how they finished the final Agni Kai. I wanted to see Zuko finally overcome his sister and for this "worlds greatest firebender" brought down by her "dishonorable" brother. instead we get katara jobbing her way into it and it just killed the end of probably one of the greatest action scenes in cartoon history.
this! this so fucking much!

>Just finished this for the first time a few minutes ago. How the fuck did they do it. It's a fucking masterpiece and it's over, I feel empty.
one of us
one of us