Sup Forums creators from your area

Who is the most famous Sup Forums creator from your state/province? What did they make? Do they ever put in any local references in their work that you pick up on?

CA/NY anons, try to be more specific to your town or county.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_LHyx2odc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Who is the most famous Sup Forums creator from your state/province?
as far as I know? Chris "molest your sis" Savino

Carolina doesn't have any famous artists.

Michigan?

We've got Tex Avery, Don Bluth, and Mike Judge. I don't know about comics, but I'd love to hear it if anyone knows. It's hard to find a list like that.

yep.

The only one I really know for certain is Kevin Smith.

From what I can find, Rob Liefeld and Stephen Hillenburg

Oregon's got Laika, and they set Coraline here. Laika was also built on the bones of Will Vinton Studios, who did a lot of claymation and animated the California Raisins among other things. Then of course Alex Hirsch lived here for a while and found inspiration for Gravity Falls. I've heard Portland's a big comic town too since we have Dark Horse, but I don't know the comic industry very well. There's probably a number of locals who have made it big but I couldn't tell you who.

I think Oni Press is also based out of Portland

Matt Groening's from Oregon as well. it's also been confirmed The Simpsons takes place in Springfield, Oregon.

The only one I can name is Fred Perry.
There might be a few more from Georgia, but I don't know about it.

>implying amerimutts can find their state on a map

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. A lot of characters are named after streets in Portland, like Flanders, Lovejoy, Kerney, Quimby and maybe Burns.

I only started watching Gravity Falls because I'm a life long Oregonian.

Can we Yuros play too?
In which case, Grzegorz Rosiński, the artist behind Thorgal, would be the biggest Sup Forums-related persona from Poland.

>poland
Didn't know you guys have internet.

I guess it's that Horsey guy in the LA Times.

>Can we Yuros play too?

Sure! I’m interested to see what Sup Forums-related stuff comes out of people’s communities. It doesn’t necessarily have to only be out of North America.

I'm from Vancouver BC, the cartoon capital of Canada. So of course nobody knows of any famous Sup Forums creators or anything that's actually set here.

I see Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner at a local bar near me that my girlfriend used to work at, they live in the area. I once told Amanda that her Power Girl made me very happy when I was 13 years old and she laughed and said she was glad I appreciated her work. They are very nice people.

Jason Aaron is from Jasper, and much like most people who didn't go there, is a fuckin Bama fan. Which is why this page is bullshit, that dumbass redneck's hat would have a big ol crimson "A" on it in real life.

Why is there a star on the Shoals?

Hey, me too. Wanna touch dicks?

The only comic I ever read that was set here was about the anti-Oriental riots of 1907.

Does Gore Verbinski count for directing Rango? If not, I guess it's the guy who created MiB. Tennessee is best known for music, not comica and cartoons.

He stops back home for pizza every once in a while. You can catch him in town if your super lucky.

the pines are from california and new jersey.

Technically, Alberto "El viejo" Breccia.

Ronnie

Chris Savino is from the same town as me, not that I'm happy about that.

Genndy Tartakovsky, probably more, but I don't know

El MontevideANO.

Rob Renzetti's from Chicago. That's at least the big one.

Hickman is from SC and he went to my Alma Mater

what, does he live in Buffalo NY or something?

¿Como estuvo el calorcito? Lindo para refrescarse en la rambla, no, porteño?

NC
Jason Latour, artist of Southern Bastards

Hey! We can find our states on the map just fine thank you. Finding other states is a different story.

The names are printed on the map though.

I have lived in this state for my whole life and I still don't know if Kentucky is in the south or not.

Johns is from Detroit and went to my school, MSU.

Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster

Geneva (Switzerland)
Zep (Titeuf)

Oh yeah and the guy who nobody but us considers the inventor of comics, Rodolphe Töpffer

We got Danny Antonucci and Fresh TV.

Frank Cho.

>who is Steve Rolston

Bendis is from here, too.

A fellow Ohioan I see.

Ohio's kinda stacked when it comes to Sup Forums creators. Bill Watterson, Jeff Smith, Brian K Vaughan, Harvey Pekar.

We also gave you Bendis though...

I currently live in Minnesota, so that's Charles Schulz and technically Neil Gaiman. I think a lot of current DC artists/writers are from Minnesota too.

I think Don Knotts is the closest we have.

>illinois
Nobody notable. But we do have Walt disney

Apparently Robbie Daymond was born in Chesterfield, Missouri and went to Warrenton High, which is the same high school my cousins on my mom's side went to, so that's neat.
I'm also pretty sure Disney was born somewhere either central or to the west.

>Ruffalo from Buffalo

I like it

>Maryland
No idea, actually. There's probably some famous artist from Baltimore that I just don't know or wouldn't know that they were from there.

El Paso's got Don Bluth and Tom Moore.

You got Dwayne McDuffie. That's pretty solid if you're into capes

Adam Hughes is here.

Brad Neely is from Fort Smith, AR.

>not that I'm happy about that.
not happy about your town or about Savino being from there?

>Rebecca Sugar- Silver Spring
>Ian JQ- Columbia
>Jeff Kinney- Fort Washington

That's all I'm aware of on the top of my head. We've got a few but not a ton

The latter.

>"IM IN YOUR AREA!"

-McRide

I'm sure there are more but Matt and Trey are the only ones that come to mind...

I knew nothing good ever came from Silver Spring
Fuck that place

bump

Mark Campos is literally the only guy I can think of

Rebecca Sugar, but she lived in a different county.

I think KC green and the nedroid guy live in Mass... A lot of webcomic people actually. IDK about cartoons or cape comics though

Kenosha, Wisconsin. I heavly Italian town with a bunch of pizza places.

No one else here from Toronto?
Darwyn was here, Jim Zub still is.
Dave Sim is from Hamilton (half hour by highway)

I'm from New York (Long Island) so it's the GOAT if we're talking about the state.
If it's Long Island it's either Scott Snyder or Brevoort lol.

And now that I think about it, there's got to be a load of people responsible for stuff on Adult Swim that live in Georgia.

Image has also moved here...

From the top of my head Portland has the Fractions, Bendyboy, Sebela, David Walker, Remender used to live here, I think Mignola lives here, Brandon Graham lives like five minutes from my apartment, I think Mark Russell lives here, Rucka, Lieber, and many more I'm sure.

Anya Davidson's from Nashville. She makes comics that very few people would have heard of. She recently made an autobio comic talking about how here mother used to work at an old puppet factory that was out on White Bridge Road.

Craig Bartlett is the only person I can think of from Washington

Murray Ball may as well have achieved sainthood here. The lad deserves it.

Jim Henson grew up in maryland and Frank Cho as well.

>those frank tier polar bears
why the fuck is this so funny

That explains why everything was on the east coast of Maryland for Steven Universe. They even reference Ocean City with "Ocean Town" and the square pizzas (probably Ledos)

Square pizzas are an abomination.

Sean Gordon Murphy moved to Maine and used some of Portland, ME as inspiration for scenery in White Knight

Name one cartoon creator from Tennessee.

They're actually pretty good if you don't like crust, trying to figure out portions, or want something small since the squares are only about 5 inches long.

Squares are not the shape that God intended pizzas to be. It's a well-known fact that everything tastes more delicious when it's shaped like a triangle.

youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_LHyx2odc

The most famous Sup Forums creator from my city made this miserable pile of trash.

Border state so yeah and no. Southern culture is very prevalent in most of the state but we do have some northern flair here and there.

Barry Cook

Don Rosa of Kentucky drew a lot of Donald Duck comics.

The closest person we have to Sup Forums here is Jennifer Hale. Who voices a ton of cartoon characters.

I can't think of any big ones from H-Town right now, but we've got Donny Cates from Austin.

>Who is the most famous Sup Forums creator from your state/province?
All of them, because California is the only place that produces people of note.

Didn't think I'd find anybody but turns out Robert Crumb, creator of pic related, move to Delaware when he was twelve.

I'm originally from Toronto, now living in K-W. Sim's lived in K-W forever.

Francis Manapul is from Toronto, and his Brightest Day Flash run with Johns is full of Toronto references because they decided Central City would be based on Toronto.

Jim Davis is from Indiana

And shit, sorry I kept repeating myself there. Think I'm coming down with the flu.

Virginians where

John K. apparently is making a new studio in Florida. I should try to find him and ask if he's finished with Cans without Labels.

Wait wait wait. Don Rosa. The fucking guy who gave us Scrooge's tales... That magnificent fuck is from my shithole?