/ColdHardFacts/ Project #2:

Last Thread What is this fresh slice of hell?

ITT, we take ███████ news sources and we black out anything that is bias or leading to the reader by █████████████████████

Rules of the meme:
- Use hashtag in OP pic
- Use 80% opacity (so people can read what you blacked out and make decisions themselves)
- cite a source.
- Do not Black out ANY facts. (Trump wants a wall. Hillary is popular with Latinos, the sky is blue)
- Blackout all opinions and speculation (X is doing a terrible job, Y could be bad for the country, Z may cause X)
- Watch Adjectives. Adjectives like greatly, horrible, or tenuous are occasionally attached to facts to give them a biased spin.
- Do not black out PARTS of a quote. If you think a quote adds bias to an article, black out the ENTIRE quote and then, optionally, paraphrase the quote’s facts as objectively as possible.

But y tho? Isn’t this censorship?

To bring to light exactly how much bias we as readers are consuming. It’s just as dangerous to believe opinions are facts as it is to believe facts are opinions.

Tools of the Trade:
- Gimp
- Snipping tool w/ highlighter
- PDF Annotator
- 30 min in Microsoft paint
- Screengrab + Powerpoint

Use your own good judgement, and remember, we are doing this to keep the public informed, not to sway them our way. Test CNN, test Breitbart, test Huffington Post. Test Infowars. If they cant pass our test, they don't deserve to be /ourguys/

Choice samples from earlier

Some people just having a little fun:

welp I guess no one's around yet

bump.

No need to walk far for an example...

Sorry, I've not understood the award, reading too fast...

holy shit goys this is genius if you can pull it off.

This is actually pretty interesting. I'll give this a try on canadian media because 80% is likely biased.

>Do not Black out ANY facts.

Trump wants to expand the NSA, renew the Patriot Act, not abolish the Fed, and loves Israel.

Making it now.

So some example...?
(I seldom read biased articles and so little printscreens to use as a source...)

Also I've noticed, that erasing a biased verb may turn the sentence into it's opposite, which would be even more biased... (mainly if the verb is a negative)

Note - Clinton sent Robert Ford into Syria to start the Syrian civil war... She is responsible and guilty of that mess there...

Holy shit lmao

Some of these are really striking. We need to push this for all its worth.

Bump. I'll make more tonight or whenever I get some free time today

(bumping with examples...)

Bump for interest

bump kinda funny

if you wanna meme this it only works with the headline, not the whole article

Pretty cool idea... Should be interesting

kek.

when articles become dictionary definitions

kek

This sounds promising.