Two presidential electors encouraging colleagues to reject Trump

Repeat after me: Madame President

politico.com/story/2016/11/electoral-college-effort-stop-trump-231350

>Two Democratic members of the Electoral College have launched a radical last-ditch attempt to stop Donald Trump from winning the presidency.

>P. Bret Chiafalo, a Washington State elector who has already declared his opposition to Hillary Clinton, and Micheal Baca of Colorado have launched what they’ve dubbed “Moral Electors,” an attempt to persuade 37 of their Republican colleagues to bail on Trump — just enough to block Trump’s election and leave the final decision to the House of Representatives. They have the support of a third elector, Washington State’s Robert Satiacum.

>“This is a longshot. It’s a Hail Mary,” Chiafalo said in a phone interview. “However, I do see situations where — when we’ve already had two or three [Republican] electors state publicly they didn’t want to vote for Trump. How many of them have real issues with Donald Trump in private?”

Other urls found in this thread:

donaldjtrump.com/policies/tax-plan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>Two Democratic members of the Electoral College have launched a radical last-ditch attempt to stop Donald Trump from winning the presidency.
>democratic

Who cares lol?

He is already meeting world leaders. He is the prez

>leaving it to the House

Isn't the House a majority republican house?

If this shit keeps Trump out of the white house I will personally rip off their heads and shit down their necks

>enough electors go faithless to force it to go to congress
>congress elects Jeb!

Probably a political stunt. But you never know, they might be dumb enough to do it.

HAHAHA GAME OVER DUMPFKINS
HILLARY STILL WINS
ELECTORAL COLLEGE NOT VOTING FOR UR HITLER
ALL WE NEED IS 60-70 VOTES... EASILY DONE
YOU LOSE

>wanting to start a civil war and die

ABSOLUTE MAD MAN

She conceded defeat, she cant be elected

>electors practically asking to be lynched

Yes, Hillary will not be president, but there's a chance (however remote) that a Jeb or Mitt could. The establishment GOP would love that.

Repeat after me
DOHNALD, HAND OVER THE ELECTORATES

Like the delegate revolt at the RNC? KEK!

>Trump wants to deregulate Wall Street and lower taxes on the rich
Holy fuck! How stupid are Trumpfags?

I've been saying Jeb will win this entire time. You'll see.

>P. Bret Chiafalo, a Washington State
>and Micheal Baca of Colorado
repeat after me: Faggot Kikes

mad you don't know how to aggressively trade options and slay the market

wagecucks.
remove your chains.

>Liberals

>the entire country should stop working for wages
Okay, so Trumpfags are very stupid. Thanks for the answer.

fuck off jake

Don't you dare use my Judy to disrespect Trump.

There's no legal power behind the concession. I mean, she's not going to be president anyway because this shit's ridiculous, but the electors don't even have to give their vote to someone who ran.

>REPUBLICANS PLS VOTE FOR #HER I'LL LITERALLY DO ANYTHING RREEEEEEEEE
t. Democrat

donaldjtrump.com/policies/tax-plan/
>Reduce taxes >>>>>>>>>>>>across-the-board

Slow and steady wins the race.

I wish this was true, I'd love to see a civil war. Especially since most SJW would just die horribly in the streets.

Please do me a favour and kill the living trud that is Amy Jewmer

Yes, I agree fellow ctr. We need to get rid of electoral college so the Dems can rig the vote in California with millions of illegals.

yes im sure the GOP would love to cause a second Civil war and military coop all at the same time shitposter

>Two Democratic members of the Electoral College

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Well, it is a good clickbait article for POLITICO.

30+ unfaithful electors would be pretty seriously unprecedented.

And so it continues.

Good luck with that, but please don't be too disappointed when Trump is officially inaugurated in january.

Litteraly if all of the states voted against him and have their vote to Hillary, it wouldn't be enough to get her elected. Stop fantasizing

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Hillary already conceded

also i hope these guys get RAKED

>Two Democratic members

They didn't get the memo that they don't fucking matter anymore? Quick, someone type it up for them.

I'm sure they would. More years of unrestrained neoconservative spending, wasting time focused on social issues, embracing corporate wishes to keep illegal immigration intact while putting on a stern face.

Those values were rejected in the primaries, but they would love to backdoor their candidate in. Can you imagine the insurrection that would follow?

Hillary called him and gave up, trump is all ready talking to other politicans, sane people already complain that anti trump protesters should fuck off, obama sees trump as president and so on and so on.
But I do get it you need some hope.

>I want to go down in history as the guy that started Civil War II
>Top ten prank that went too far

>leaf
NON HAPPENING

I swear to fuck if Jeb won somehow I would build a statue of Kek on my front lawn.

The question I want to ask is, why do they actually want to kick him out so badly?

Mate, 40% of the military support Trump and 30% support Johnson. Hillary is BIGLY unpopular in the military. Any attempt to divert a Trump presidency would undoubtedly lead to a coup.

pleaes make more Hillary pepes

We need them when we meme Le Pen into the Elysee palace. All you do is edit the hue of the hair and maybe some other minor edits. Thanks for the help ctr!

Screencapped xD

And Trump was accused of threatening the US democratic process by not automatically conceding before the election

This really would be the worst case scenario. Id rather have hillary over jeb not even joking.

The swamp doesn't want to be drained.

X-D
I honestly wonder what this person now thinks.. if he doubts the media coverage even a little bit..

This is the pure desperation
Next 8 years are going to be glorious (for USA of course, not for us)

pls clap

>both from already democratic states

Whatcha doin'?

I hope obama leaf doesn't go away

>Implying you aren't going to retake the rightful Russian clay that is ukraine

What story libtard gonna pull out of the ass that Hillary still can win president next?
Man i can't wait.

they would just pick donald because they don't want to piss off the voters that got them a win like this.

Encouraging the electoral college to change it's vote is a subversion of the election. Basically the equivalent of saying that voting doesn't matter.

Civil war 2.0 if this even gets close to reality

If this happens we all need to march on DC and fucking tar and feather these traitors

>(((politico)))
Friendly reminder that you should never trust the (((media))) after their disastrous perfomance in the election.

>two
didn't do the math, did you leaf?

or do you not even know the rules?

it will take 37 faithless electors to change the official result of the election in any meaningful way. 38 would break the tie.

then, those electors who did that in the "wrong" states will have their votes voided, and will be slapped with fines and/or misdemeanors by their state.

failing that having an effect, the new house of representatives will reject the votes of the faithless electors, potentially leaving both trump and hillary at fewer than 270.

this then voids the electoral vote altogether, and leaves the final election decision in the hands of... the new house of representatives, which is now majority republican.

trump won, and he cannot now be denied the presidency.

>trump won, and he cannot now be denied the presidency.

But they are PROTESTING IN THE STREETS!

Surely that will stop Trump from taking office!

I'm just glad it's back.

This will never happen

If it did, enjoy your civil war, burgers

Hypothetically would this lead to a civil war?

No, but keeping it up will keep any establishment democrat from ever again taking executive office

(And yes I know you were sarcastic)

and they made fun of bernie pros for their unrealistic optimism lol

t. Increasingly nervous Democrats

Post this on leddit. I want to see them have hope again only to be crushed once more when it doesn't happen.

S L O W
A N D
S T E A D Y

this whole thing IS a civil war. 60 million vs 60 million down the middle? Do you think all wars are fought with bullets?

>See flag
>Opinion discarded

>two democratic electors are trying to overthrow the republican victories in other states
It's treason then?

>the electorate already voted with their ballots
>let's make them vote with their bullets too!

We've seen anger, we've seen despair, is this the bargaining phase of grief?

This is good. Soon they'll reach acceptance.

WHOA!

JUST IN: Two presidential electors SUDDENLY Dump Trump, demand others follow (DETAILS)

HOOOOOLY SHIT Drumpf absolutely BTFO FOREVER racists!!! MADAM PRESIDENT!!!

Because he is a bigot, he wants to kill gay people and deport all brown people, dont you watch tv or something baka...

>Literally attempting to subvert the democratic process
In a better time, these people would be tried and publicly executed.

holy shit
It's real
SAY WITH ME MADAME PRESIDENT

>2 out of the 38 needed

WHAT THE FUCK YA DOIN, KIKE

>Democrats encouraging electors in red states to throw away their political careers to elect a candidate they don't want

Actually retarded.

>mfw Ivan wants Hillary to win

wow its fucking nothing

Are these the same two who said they were going to refuse to give Hillary their vote?

It's a fucking meme who cares

>when a group of electors rebel and I win a ton of money on electoral predictions

I hope even a fucking leaf like you realise that its not as easy as them just saying "meh lets not give the vote for trump"
Hillary conceded
Trump won in a landslide
You think you have riots now that trump won fair and square? If they stole it from him you'd have just straight up war in your country, no other way to say it.

It's already too far in when Trump is getting different briefings establishing connections, he WILL become the president.

say it with me

JEB SURGE

>he bet money on Hillary

Er m8, when did I say I bet money on Hillary?

My point is enough people will rebel, but not enough to stop Trump, thus winning me money from their attempted kikery.

Even if enough electors decided to fuck over the vote and throw it in Clinton's favour, there is no doubt that there would be riots over this. Not dindu gibsmedat riots, I mean full on 1776 style opposition. ~26% of Clinton supporters do not support Trump as president. So if we say 60million voted for Trump, and 70% of Clinton supporters have conceded to Trump, that means you have 102million people out of roughly 170 million voters who say Trump is going to be president. Lets add the 5million 3rd party voters because lets be honest they're in no position to resist. That's 107 million people against, what, ~30 electoral college delegates. How do you think that'll go down. Even if we say only 5% of everyone would be willing to fight, that still leaves over 5 million fighters. This doesn't include the military personnel that would inevitably recognize what is going on and 'defect' to Trump's team. So that's over 5 million voters (all of whom will be well acquainted with weapons) plus a decent amount of pissed of military folk. Against some delegates, and MAYBE some hardcore #nevertrump GOP fucks. Tell me, in what world does Trump not become president?

why is canadian flag red when they are obviously blue state

hillary's concession speech isn't a binding contract. she can take her concession back. its happened before.

but its not like the electoral college are not going to vote for the guy obama has already said to endorse

What would you say your paranoia to retardation ratio is? The system works fine, and there's almost no chance of faithless electors in this era unless the president elect dies between election day and when the electors convene. I'm just pointing out that her conceding doesn't mean anything. The fact that she lost obviously does. Take a fucking Xanax, spaz.

I want this to happen, but only if the rogue voters force congress to hand pick their guy, and Mitt is made president.

Then we get to see the world burn

>it will take 37 faithless electors to change the official result

But that's exactly what OP said in his post.