The Emoji Movie
Boss Baby
Smurfs The Lost Village
The Star
Nut Job 2
''That Horse Movie''
Cars 3
Peter Rabbit

One of these things is not like the other...

Greedy execs

Lego Ninjago movie was actually good though you fucking pleb

dont you fucking lump the horse movie with these passionless turds.

Shrek

This is a troll

You have to be 18 to post here

In my industry novice perspective I believe it's more of a film thing in general; films are now decided by executive board rooms that think in demography. There is no artistic voice in a lot of mainstream animated film today. I will also say that the people who do care about the craft also oftentimes don't seem to relate it to live-action film, as if they're 'selling out' by familiarizing themselves with the classics of cinema.

Also China influencing the film industry now. A few execs wanted a quick buck and now it's almost irreversibly dependent. Fuck China.

Dreamworks

It's corporations doing what corporations do. Trying to spend as little money as possible to make as much money as possible.

The western movie industry in general has been creatively bankrupt for a while.

Two, actually.

Dreamworks is at least able to make great movies when they actually try. Sony and Illumination are the true cancer

>Transformers movies starting to not do so great in China
>the Mummy was made to pander to China, it bombs there

You are an idiot. You could make a bad cgi list from 2012 or 2008 and claim it as a dark age. We get tons of these movies and most of them aren't great. So what?

They found out that movies don't have to be shitty screen saver.

>le epic if I dont like them no one has to meme :^}
Either you're trying too hard to fit in or you are underage.

>Lego Ninjango Movie
>''That Horse Movie''
But both these films were perfectly fine. Horse movie even gave us the best villian song in years.

Boss baby was only kind of bad

It's only the begining. When India discover you can shit in theaters it will become impossible for a worldwide release movie to fail.

Didn't TLJ bomb in China too?

Yeah, Cars 3 was pretty good.

>Adventure Time ushered in the second golden age of animation
>When it stopped the golden age also died

SERIOUSLY

WHAT'S WITH THAT SHOW

IT'S JUST A STUPID KID AND HIS FUCKING DOG

It had no boundaries so it could do whatever it wanted. It struck a cord with anyone else who wanted to animate but didn't have the skill to do something like what Warner Bros shits out. That's why you see similar things on Youtube as well as some failed pilots.

>the mummy was made to pander to china
Excuse me, what? And you know this how?

a "bomb" in china is still above a yearly record in Europe.
Don't listen to blogs clickbaits

I didn't want to come to this place but..

Oversaturation, non-stop and rapid releases is the cause of this. This makes very forgettable movies and showes.

But Cars 3 actually was fine.
Possibly best of the 3 movies. I mean it's a low bar but when has there ever been a series where the 3rd movie was the best.

Also this idiocy has been going on forever. I mean the worse stuff just started to be less straight to video.

>The Mummy
>Pander to China
Unless you're talking about the 3rd movie of the old series which was like 10 years ago I'm legit confused.

Yes only one is traditional animation and it cannot be named.

Jesus christ. I kind of forgot Finding Dory was released.