What does Sup Forums honestly think of Rango?

What does Sup Forums honestly think of Rango?

I personally think despite being severely underrated, it is probably one of the best cartoon films I have ever seen. Maybe it's because of the Tarantino-ish dialogue or feel.

Animation fucking rocks too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GjRJagVFiG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Very enjoyable.
Priscilla a cute.

I'm pretty sure it's pretty well liked here?
if over looked often.

i was very surprise when i first watched it, i hope the people involved have gone on to bigger better things

It's one of those things that's almost unanimously considered to be good by Sup Forums, so it hardly ever gets discussed.

I saw it with my dad, and even he commented on how good it was. Usually he's the "I'm glad you enjoyed it" sort of guy.

Are you me? My dad thought the same thing. He was always a massive western fan so perhaps he was biased, but he thought the film was great.

I remember not really caring for it on an aesthetic level.

>2011
Times flies man, last animated feature worth a damn

The public liked it too little
Sup Forums praises it too much
My opinion lies in the middle

Agree.

Nobody fucks with Priscilla.

I just re watched it recently and it still holds up to when I first watched it. Had some balls to put allusions to brutal violence, firearms and having the protagonist accept killing the antagonist as a reasonable measure to solve the conflict in a kids movie. Wonderful animation and style as well.

I quite liked the movie, but spiraled back into horrible depression immediately after watching it. Not sure why.

>despite
What do you mean? Those are both positive things about the movie.

And it still looks better than most animated movies, and CGI for normal movie.

Rattlesnake Jake is unironically one of the coolest villains I've ever seen in a movie.

The kind of flick you have no expectations for and get blown away how well put together it is.

Rango is animated KINO.

People like to praise the animation but the voice acting is also top tier.

A lot of the dialogue is top notch too. I like how the film doesn't shy away from letting the baddies from using harsh voice tones and language.

Everytime this movie is mentioned I feel like watching it again.

I would even go as far to say this was Johnny Depp's last good performance.

Honestly this and coraline, road warrior, and aliens are my favorite movies of all time

I was disappointed when he didn't die at the end. If you're going to open your movie by saying "We're here today to immortalize in song the life and untimely death of a great legend," you damn well ought to follow through.

It was still a Nickelodeon movie, user. For all the good shit they'd let through, there's no way the execs would allow for the main character to actually die.

>Tarantino-ish

good movie, good animation and cool villains

Might I say Rattlesnake Jake is my favorite part of the movie. As an antagonist and a force of nature he is powerful. And I can appreciate that they didn't dumb down his language.
Also he sexy.

C'mon user, it was pretty clear the thing was just a joke, especially midway when one of the birds asks when he's finally gonna die.

Every character design in this movie is amazing.

Every single one.

His first conversation with Rango is so fucking tense, it was amazing.

Well, yeah. It was obviously not going to happen. I can still be disappointed though.

Too bad that one of the reasons the movie was underrated probably cause some of the character designs aren't kid friendly. Or at least not appealing to them.

Like the ordinary citizens or those bat bandits.

One of the parts I didn't like about the film.
Trailer made her seem important. Even in the film's it introduces her then she doesn't reappear until the end.

>What does Sup Forums honestly think of Rango?

The fox secretary gave me a boner.

Wasn't she a squirrel?

>If I ever see you again I will take your soul straight down to Hell!

Fox.

I rewatched it just recently and the visuals are still really impressive. Extremely distinct, especially compared to the majority of what's out there now.

>Eduardo, Lasombra, Eduardo, Lasombra, Abraham Lincoln, Frida Kahlo. Easy.

The detail on all those scales, hot damn.

Rango was also the last non-Disney/Pixar animated movie to win an Oscar.

I fucking love Rango design.

>You got killer in your eye, son?
>I don't see it.

Whoever voiced him did a hell of a job.

That was Bill Nighy, i.e. the guy who played Davy Jones in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (funnily enough, some of the inflections of Jakes lines reminded me of Davy Jones).

Bill Nighy

Pirates of the Carribean: The Animal Western.

Oh wow, had no idea. I always picture the snooty old English dude from those Simon Pegg and Nick Frost films. Never would have believed he could pull of such a great Old West villain.

For a few moments Rango was naked and Beans was just in her underwear.

You cannot make OH NO NO NO NO thread out of it. Ergo, it is hardly discussable here.

I've just watched it after seeing this thread and man, thanks a lot OP. This is one hell of a good movie; one of the best I've seen in a while. Also, this might be the finest CGI I've ever seen on an animated movie, and if not, at least the most uniquely impressive.

>They's thespians!
>Thespians? That's illegal in seven counties!

Arguably one of the best western films ever made

artbook is a real eycandy, for once, cgi does the art justice.

Top tier movie and one of my favourites.

I love Rango, it's honestly one of my favourite movies ever. Some of the best cgi animation ever put in to a movie, amazing character designs and visuals, a great preformance by Johnny Depp and everyone else and a fantastic soundtrack. I listen to the entire thing very frequently.

My only issues aside from a few minor onesi s that the movie doesn't really have much of a theme going on, and it sort of jarringly becomes a western 40 minutes in. But other than that I suggest everyone take a look at it.

I suggest you listen to the end credits music.

youtube.com/watch?v=GjRJagVFiG0

Rango is the best animated film of the 2010s.

Prove me wrong.

I liked HTTYD too, had a bite as well.

>Underrated
What? It earned back nearly twice it's budget and won the academy award that year. One of the few times the animation academy award has not been a joke. People forget about it because it doesn't have any lingering marketing or merchandising push since it wasn't from disney or dreamworks.

It is a god-tier film across the board: Animation, Character design, Shading, Acting.

ILM should make other fully animated films besides transformers.

Loved it. saw it for the first time last year. Legit one of my favorite animated films.

You are right. You ask the impossible.

>Not sure why.
Because deep down you knew there would never be another animated movie that will come even close to this. not for a long time.

I totally forgot this was a nick movie.

This movie had no right to be as good as it was.

>tfw this is Industrial Light and Magic's sole animated feature
>except for that other one that nobody talks about because it was a snoozer

What shall we do with all this useless beauty?

>yet another company bought by disney

yeah, no chance for more movies from them anymore, also it won the statue because disney nor pixar wasnt competing that year.

>Nick movie
Nah, they just did some production. The greatness was all ILM

That animation must've costed a fortune

>it won the statue because disney nor pixar wasnt competing that year.

Forgot about that. 99% right, but I'd like to believe the film quality and most importantly classic western hollywood trapping would have made it oscar bait enough to compete against the designated oscar winners.

Academy awards as a whole are a fucking joke though. I only brought it up because it's another example of how many people were culturally aware of it critically.

yes, but you might be surprised.

It's basically too good and too well-liked to spark any legitimate discussion. Also nobody wants to be a fag and try posting all the movies it's better than.

>It's basically too good and too well-liked to spark any legitimate discussion.
At the risk of shutting down good discussion and the further dissemination of quality media, is there a term for this concept on Sup Forums when people bring up media that never seems to get discussed much for this reason? It might be a useful one like FPBP.

TLND: too liked, no discussion?

>Every single one.
Let's not go overboard here.

that would be TL:ND but basically yeah. Like Dr. McNinja.

I work at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff Arizona, the screenwriter graduated from here.

A damn fine Western. One of the best ones out of Hollywood.

Not enough Rattlesnake Jake

>My only issues aside from a few minor onesi s that the movie doesn't really have much of a theme going on,
I think the theme of answering the question of "who am I?" was prevalent throughout the whole movie.

Actually, call me a fucking heretic, but I really dislike Beans' design.
They went too far with "we gotta make her look like a girl", I think. The literally human eyes with eyelashes put her in an uncanny valley zone for me.

Beans is cute

And a bit broken since the aliens took her daddy.

Guys, enlighten me please: Who does Tortoise John remind me of?
I swar that this mug is based on some specific actor's (or other character's) face, it immediately got an "I know this guy" reaction out of me when I first saw him, but it's just not clicking in my brain who exactly is he.

This was cool as all hell

it's the dirt. cg looks so plastic nowadays but you can feel the dust and dryness in rango

or gargoyles.
TL:ND

Gargoyles is good but its pretty much fact that the show went downhill pretty bad after Avalon and never recovered. It was good, got worse, then ended. Which isn't what I like in a show, I prefer it to end on a high note, but what can you do.

I actually think that the first season of gargoyles is best, and entirety of the world tour is really tedious

>implying uncanny valley isn't the best.

Sure. But it's rarely discussed because people remember it really fondly, hence the TL:ND

That guy from holes.
That dinosaur from dinosaur.

KIP was a really awesome experience for me. His birthday was just three days ago.

Happy birthday, KIP.

dat hair / eye reflexion render. uungghh

A-anyone got any cute fanart of Beans?

I liked the Fear and Loathing references.

I'm sad they couldn't actually get Eastwood.

Hellboy Syndrome is the generally accepted nomenclature

he pretty much looks like a tortoise version of Ned Beatty

Alright furfags, I see where you're coming from.

>I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo! And somebody was giving booze to these god damn things!

fair suggestion, but it doesn't have that acronym spice