What the FUCK is wrong with SU?

Why can't Steven Universe just be normal cartoon? Seriously, even its DVD is ugly as fuck. Who approved this design?

Steven kinouniverse is too kino to have a proper DVD.

It's the same exact cover as adventure time. Tards got out of their cages again

It's the same design as AT's and none of them are good.

It looks like AT's, and honestly all of those covers are shit.

Now way to ignore how ugly the SU cover is compared with AT's

This. And who buys DVDs anymore anyway?

The reason why it looks ugly is because It's doing what AT's cover is doing, but SU's designs do not translate well to the style of the AT covers (in contrast to AT's more simplistic designs)

>SUfags

This

This honestly felt like an afterthought. The whole reason the season 1 dvd was created was because someone asked her during the Q&A at NYCC last fall. She sounded like she didn't really care and said they'll do it if the audience really wanted it.

I wish they just took the box cover from the international release.

More specifically it's the god damn pig nose. I get that's what his nose looks like that sometimes on the show, but... jesus christ why didn't anyone speak up about this before it was finalized.

That cover looks familiar

>that's what his nose looks like that sometimes
>sometimes
It looks like that all the fucking time

will anything ever top this?

a lot of steven universe's problems come from various staff members not recognizing what's visually unappealing.

>even its DVD is ugly as fuck. Who approved this design?
>it's literally the exact same idea as the Adventure Time one
???

Is it that his face is too close, you think? I mean I guess something feels off, but I don't know what

its not the same at all

finn is fitted to the box, his color scheme works better for the concept particularly the white hat at the top, and the designer knew to put adventure time at the bottom.

steven universe is just an ugly close up of the lead.

It's that Steven Universe's designs aren't made to be seen from the front (except Garnet). The show avoids that angle whenever possible.

>???
Are you retarded? Finn has a proper frontal view and cute eyes, Steven doesn't. That is why SU's cover looks awful.

Sophisticated adults

Did everyone forget the whole point of the adventure time cover?

Post the whole thing

It's targeted at trannies.

That's fucking adorable.

Opinions on StarVS?

>Sufags btfo

GAH SAVE ME STEVEN

Marco looks weird. Otherwise seems neat.
Discs look like they've been cut from carton but i like the idea.

>disney channel
>ever releasing their cartoons on home video normally.
They still refuse to give gravity falls complete season dvds. They wouldn't even finish season 1 in volumes

LA CREATURA

That's metal.

It's a test on the fandom. If enough sells come out, CN will release a Blu-Ray version.

$50.

Guarantee.

This shit is exactly why I was wondering why everyone this thread was shitting on the AT cover, I thought it was common knowledge that this was the main draw of it.
The SU cover takes the most boring part of it and leaves it at that, and even then it looks weirder than the simple design Finn has.

for you SU fags how don't understand. Imagine if CN made a PPG case where they showed the girls in side view. A perspective that looks like shit and was avoided at all cost.

SU character weren't designed with front view in mind. They were designed with a 3/4 perspective first. So it looks off looking at him upfront. even more so that the failed to go by stephen's character model and fucked up his nose.

it stares into your soul...

It's just a damn case it's design isn't better or worse than any of the others. Are you actually a ravingly mad autist, or are you a falseflagger?

She worked on both shows.

I nutted to this comic

This one was pretty sweet.

la abominaciĆ³n...

Mental illness in a kid friendly package. Half the gems looks like dudes...
>also, shit world building, bad pacing,
1-dimensional characters crying all their problems away, the list goes on. All the reasons Cartoon Network refuses to air it, thank God

I got that one. I've wanted to get the Real Ghostbusters firehouse as well.

I'd pay a lot of money for wonder over yonder

>i will never own any official WOY merchandise

It's good to see fellow Sup Forumsmrades with their heads screwed on straight. We need more of you here.

So nobody is going to bring up the aussie covers? I genuinely don't like the design for this the sdcc exclusive and hell the iTunes sound track cover had far better designs,really sad they didn't do something similar,at the very least.

>Craig pitched a ton of WoY Merch and Disney trashed it all.

Trust me there are far more of us than them, they just screech louder, what with the autism n' such

And the one she had the most influence on is way way more shitty.

>tfw SU is so perfect that shitposters need to resort to complaining about the DVD cover because they can't find anything else wrong with it

I wish I could dissociate like that.

Every now and then I think about this and it hurts even more.

Is the fact that you saved a thumbnail part of your joke or...?

Maybe he did it to make Peridot's size more consistent with the show.

It's likely that in most SU threads you have the echoing circlejerk or people who must express their rage about it existing, never a neutral ground.

even jpegs of peridot can't even stay consistent

>ywn wear a sleeveless Hater Hoodie

What else can they do when the show never airs new episodes, and when it actually does, 80% of the content is shitty filler?

Idgaf about the box art. I like the music, songs, the theme of sentient gemstone ayylmaos, and the semi-kawaii feels and behavior of the crystal germs. Steven is a little fuck though. I would backhand him each opportunity.

This is endgame and you know it.

SU is always trying too hard but this cover is kinda funny tbhonest

damn, these are great

It subverts good taste.

Should've used the best artist for those promotional episodic posters they have for the cover, but the designs on the disc covers representing the wands are great.

>HURR THE SHOW DIDN'T SELL ENOUGH MERCHANDISE CANCEL
>A bunch of merchandise was fucking pitched and they didn't even pick up any of it
I fucking hate executives.

>HURR DON'T MAKE THIS SHOW SERIALIZED CRAIG
>WTF IT'S NOT SERIALIZED ENOUGH, CANCEL THIS SHIT
We all do user. Craig has spoken on his Twitter about how he's glad that the executives gave him a chance to make the show in the first place but those bags under his eyes don't lie. I'm positive that he loathes these people more than anyone.

They're making Fraggle plush?! Also supersized to see a Godzilla in an American claw machine.

If this was an actual thing, it probably would have made me watch the cartoon.

Thanks user.

low-effort is chic

>Who approved this design?
The same person who let this happened

What the FUCK is wrong with Disney

furfag out

The thing is that they're trying to replicate the AT style covers, its just that whoever drew that was sloppy

Why are Steven's nostrils flared up like that? It looks really awkward like he's just standing there staring at you while breathing heavily

Initially offputting but I came around to find it cute. That front cover is really neat though.

I can't believe the cancelled the show before the second season even aired just because some reruns got more views than premiers

CN USA is retards.
CN Stralya is GOAT.

But seriously every regional CN is better than CN USA. And most of them aren't wall to wall TTGO.

I honestly don't care for novelty boxes. I just want it to fit on my shelf with the other normal DVDs in alphabetical order.

Disney, CN, Nick, they're all being run by morons who are also terrified of Youtube stealing their target demographic.

Every good show from the last 5-10 years has been treated like garbage and every network has done it.

awwwwww

Is this bait? IT's like the exact same design as Adventure Time

>Confusing the topic at hand with all criticism of the show.
The absolute state of SUfags.

Why did you make this? It doesn't make sense.

>That plush
>That hoodie
If the hoodie didn't have the lightning bolts sticking out of the top i'd wear that shit out in public 24/7 and i don't even like the show all that much.

An ugly shitty cover for an ugly shitty show. Like poetry.

God, SUfags are retarded

>ruby in the middle of S4 and not Garnet
DISREGARDED

He looks like a frog.

They truly are, that's why CN is smart enough to know not to cater to them

looks like a fucking frog

This was pointed out before the set even came out.